An eye for an eye

Misunderstood? (Sequel to Please look at me)

After Junhyung left, you got changed and went out. If you stayed at home, you know you would keep thinking about it and might go crazy. Not like being outside helped in any way, but at least you had other stuff to look at.

You shopped around alone like you always did. Because of his job, the two of you hardly had any dates in the day. You were never so dependent on him in the past when you two were friends. You enjoyed his company for sure, but you never yearn for him as much as now.

“Look at what you’ve turned me into? Some stupid girl who needs her boyfriend twenty-five hours a day. I hate myself more than I hate you.” You mumbled to yourself as you look at clothes. Men’s clothes.

“And I am even shopping for you.” You mumbled.

The shop keeper looked at you weirdly as you talked to yourself. You gave her a small smile before hurrying out.

“How long has it been since I shopped for myself and myself only?” You asked yourself.

Ever since the both of you dated, everything revolves around him. From what to eat to what time for dates, everything is about him. Because he is a celebrity, you know you could not have things your way some times. You were never the giving in type to the things you want, but for him, you practically gave in to him without thinking at all.

Not that Junhyung was self-centered. He noticed your change and felt guilty too. Whenever he could, he would try to go along with you. He let you hold the bigger spoon in the home. He love you more than anything, and he made it obvious.

“But why, Junhyung? Why?” You asked yourself as you look at a pair of sunglasses, for him, again.

“For your boyfriend?” The ahjumma asked.

“Huh?” You looked up.

“Ahh~ Because this design is usually bought by males, so I thought…” She smiled awkwardly.

“Yea, yea. My boyfriend. I’m just wondering… if it’ll look good on him.” You said.

“How does he look like?” She asked.

“Handsome.” You smiled proudly.

“And his character?” She asked.

“Character? What has it got to do with sunglasses?” You asked, laughing slightly.

“Well, it does. Looks don’t mean everything, you know.” She said.

“He’s a good man.” You said.

‘Are you?’ You questioned yourself inside.

“Then it’ll look good on him.” She said.

You looked at her weirdly.

“It’s not the accessory that brings out the good look in people, it is the heart and soul. If he is beautiful inside, he’ll even be able bring out the beauty of a rag.” She said.

You laughed and nodded.

“How much is this?” You asked.

“10,000 won for your sweet boy.” She said.

You pulled out a 10,000 won note and handed to her.

“Thank you. Stay blissful.” She smiled.

“Stay healthy.” You said as you took the bag from her.

You continued walking down the street, thinking back at what the ahjumma said.

“Are you really that beautiful?” You asked, looking at the pair of sunglasses.

“Perhaps you are.” You mumbled, smiling to yourself.

You were feeling much better after shopping. You felt that it was the right choice to get out of home. All you needed was a walk to clear your mind. You continued to shop around, buying stuff for yourself and him.

You were looking at some clothing when you heard a familiar laughter. Others would not recognize it, but you definitely would. You looked up to find Junhyung and a woman, giggling as they looked at the accessories, right in front of you. They were so into their own world they did not even see you.

“This one, this one. This is nice.” You heard Junhyung say.

“Really? It’s nice?” The woman asked, picking up the ring he chose.

She put it on her finger and showed it to him.

“Nice.” He said, taking out his wallet to pay for it.

“Anything else?” He asked her.

“This one for you?” She asked, showing him a similar looking ring.

“What? Couple ring?” He laughed, trying on the ring.

“Why not?” She asked.

“Is the diamond not enough?” He asked.

“Are you going to wear a diamond on your finger then?” She asked.

“No. Hahaha~ Alright, this.” He said, paying for the ring she chose.

You hid your face behind the clothes when he was close. You stared at the woman. She is beautiful. You were nothing as compared to her, you thought to yourself. No wonder he likes her, you thought. No wonder he is tired of you, you thought.

“So this is your ‘something to do’. Cheating on me. Well, that’s something.” You said to yourself.

You watch them link arms as they walk out.

“I trusted you, Yong Junhyung. I believed you even when you were lying in my face.” You muttered, tears welling up in your eyes.

“Are you… okay?” The shop keeper asked.

“Would you be okay if you found out your boyfriend cheated on you?” You asked, stomping out of the store.

You headed home straight, dumped your buying aside and went straight into the room. You grabbed a pair of scissors, pulled open the wardrobe door and pulled out all his clothes.

You cut up his clothes, threw his laptop against the wall, swept his facial products, cologne and all onto the floor, causing the glass bottles to break. You vented your anger on his stuff. You were drained of energy after you have nothing else to destroy, but you were still not feeling good.

“I ING TRUSTED YOU!!!!” You yelled to the photo of him on your wallpaper of your phone.

You threw your phone against the wall, the screen cracking in the process. You stared hard at the mess you created. You cried hard. You never expected him to do something like that. Junhyung is not that kind, Junhyung is not that kind. You kept convincing yourself. But what you saw tells a different story.

“You want to cheat? You want to play? Alright. Let’s play then.” You mumbled.

You opened your side of the wardrobe and pulled out the most revealing dress you own. You washed your face, did your hair and make up before slipping into the dress and a pair of high heels you hardly wore.

You walked over all his stuff, heading for the door.

“Let’s play, Yong Junhyung.” You smirked as you headed out.

It was close to night, the clubs were opened. You headed to the club you used to frequent, the one where you got jealous of Junhyung and he got angry at you three years ago.

“Haven’t seen you here in a long time, babe.” The bartender said.

“Been tied down. But no worries, you’ll see me here every night from today.” You said.

“Ooo~ Your boyfriend?” He asked, handing you a cup of your regular.

“Boyfriend? Psh~ I’m as single as .” You said, gulping the alcohol down.

“Easy, girl! You’ll get drunk quick if you drink so fast.” He said.

“Drunk? The faster the better.” You smirked.

After a few cups of alcohol, you started feeling a little light headed, but not drunk yet. You were a good drinker, not by nature, but by practice.

Dressed in such clothes, it was not difficult to attract attention.

“What is a beautiful girl like you doing sitting all alone here?” A plump, middle age man asked, snaking his arm around your waist.

“Go away. I don’t like grease.” You said rudely.

“Are you indirectly calling me fat!?” He yelled at you.

“It’s not indirectly, ahjusshi. It’s directly, in your ing, oily face!” You shouted at him.

He was about to hit you when the bartender stopped him.

“If you’re going to create trouble, get out.” He said sternly.

“Learn some manners, girl!” The middle age man spat at you.

“And know your place, old fart.” You replied.

The bartender glared hard at him just in case he does something.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked you once the man was gone.

“Doing what?” You asked, poking the tabletop.

“Getting into trouble deliberately.” He said.

“I’m not.” You mumbled, knowing very well he was right.

“This is not right.” He said.

“Don’t tell me what is right and what is wrong. This is a ing club, not a school!” You shouted in his face as you headed for the dance floor.

Guys went up to you, dancing around you, grinding against you. It was like that day three years ago all over again. The only difference this time is there is no one to stop you.