Explanation

Misunderstood? (Sequel to Please look at me)

“I know, I know.. Shh~” You hushed him.

“I really did not.” He held onto your hand tight.

“I know.” You kissed his forehead.

“Let me explain.” He said.

“Later. Let’s clean you up first.” You said, helping him to sit up.

“I’ll take him to shower.” You told the boys who were standing behind, staring at you.

Doojoon gestured you to go. He was still angry, obviously.

“Can you walk?” You asked Junhyung.

He nodded slightly.

“Hyung, come.” Kikwang said.

Kikwang and Doojoon swiftly pulled Junhyung up.

“I am not that weak.” Junhyung said, smiling slightly.

“Come on, you’re too slow.” Kikwang teased, helping his hyung to the bathroom.

“I’ll help him.” You said when you entered the bathroom.

The boys, including Junhyung, looked at you.

“I wouldn’t kill you.” You said to Junhyung.

“We’ll get his clothes then.” Dongwoon said.

Hyunseung took another glance before he walked out, followed by the others.

“I can… shower on my own.” Junhyung said softly as the door closed.

“Why? Awkward?” You asked, tying your hair up.

“I can strip too if it makes you feel better.” You said, looking at him.

He shook his head.

“Which part of you have I not seen before?” You asked, pulling up his arms to help him take off his shirt.

He kept quiet. After taking off his shirt, you went to fill the tub with warm water. While waiting for the tub to be filled, you leaned against the wall, arms crossed, looking at him. In two weeks, he lost so much weight his ribs were freakishly obvious. You sighed looking at his body, feeling so heartbroken.

“I did not cheat.” He said softly.

“I know.” You said.

“You know?” He looked at you.

“She came and gave me a dressing down.” You said.

“She? Who?” He asked.

“Your…. Cousin?” You said.

“Tsk~” He looked down.

You went over to him, hugging his waist, pulling him closer to you.

“I overreacted. Sorry.” You said, touching his chest.

He did not say anything except breathe deeply.

“But you…” He looked away, eyes watering.

“Why? Why did you do that? I told you before, didn’t I? You can punch, slap and kill me, but you cannot let another man take advantage of you. Why did you do it!?” He got agitated.

You caressed his back lightly, calming him down. You shook your head.

“I did not.” You said.

“I saw it! On our bed! I saw it!” He yelled, the veins at his neck popping out.

“You say I assume things all the time. Aren’t we the same?” You said.

He looked at you.

“It was a show.” You confessed.

“What show?” He asked.

“It was a show I put on with him to get back at you.” You said.

“Show?” He asked, rubbing his temple.

“I was angry. I was jealous. I was pissed. I saw your phone messages. How would I know she is your cousin? Her name on your contact list is a freaking symbol. The messages you guys exchange are so… so intimate! How do you expect me not to suspect anything?! And you were sneaking around!” You raised your voice, crying.

He reached out to hold you, but you smack his hand away.

“This is not all! I saw the both of you buying rings in the shop that day! You guys were so close! Linking arms, fooling around and all! Like a couple! How would I know you guys were cousins!? It’s not like you have your surnames carved on your forehead! How would I know!? I am a woman too! My guy is out there sneaking around! Would you rather I don’t bother at all!?” You shouted.

He looked at you sadly.

“If I assume stuff all the time, then you are the same too, no?” You said, wiping away your tears.

“Come here.” He said, pulling you into his embrace.

He sighed and kissed your hair.

“Sorry, baby girl. Sorry.” He said.

“I convinced myself that you were not cheating, that you were not like that! But I saw it! I saw it!” You punched his chest as you cried.

“I was planning to introduced her to you after I propose.” He said.

“She came and scolded me! Calling me a shallow idiot! But come to think of it, it’s just a natural reaction, no? Who digs so deep in! What if I dig deeper and I find out more things!? I know my actions were wrong! I should not have done that! But you were not any better!” You shouted.

“Sorry.” He apologized again.

You bit him hard on his arm. He bit his lower lip to endure the pain.

“Why didn’t you yell!?” You shouted, pouting at the teeth marks on his arm.

“Why should I yell if it makes you better?” He asked, smiling at you.

“What is a bit of pain if it makes my darling feel better?” He asked.

“Idiot!!” You scolded.

He laughed. You ended up laughing too.

“Strip!” You ordered.

“So fierce?” He asked.

“STRIP!” You commanded, pointing at his pants.

He did as told. You gestured him to enter the tub while you take the bathing necessities from the side.

“Jun, sorry I spoiled everything.” You said, shampooing his hair.

He shook his head, squeezing the rubber duckie.

“How old are you guys to be playing with rubber duckies?” You laughed.

“It’s Kikwang’s!” He said, drowning the duckie.

“Kikwang!?” You looked at him.

He quacked the duckie in your face. You let him play while you scrubbed his body, cleaning him.

“Rest your head here.” You said as you laid a towel on your lap.

He leaned back, resting his head on your lap, face up.

“Close your eyes.” You said.

You washed his face for him, massaging his face and temples lightly.

“Ughhhh nice~” He mumbled.

“Sounds so wrong.” You laughed.

“It’s comfy… Ahh don’t stop~” He said.

You laughed as you continued to give him a face massage. The both of you look over to the door when someone outside knock.

The door opened slightly. Dongwoon’s head popped in, but his eyes were close.

“I just.. just want to pass the clothes.. I’m not seeing anything. I did not hear.. You can continue.. Just..” He tried to put Junhyung’s clothes on the rack with his eyes closed.

“Maknae! Open your eyes!” Junhyung shouted.

“No no no no~” Dongwoon said.

“We’re not doing anything.” You said.

He opened one side of his eyes, and then both when he realized you were clothed.

“I… I…” His cheeks turned red.

“What? What did you think we were doing?” Junhyung asked.

“I heard hyung say… don’t stop.” He mumbled.

“I was giving him a face massage.” You laughed.

“Massage?” He looked at you.

You nodded.

“Damn it.” He muttered, running out of the toilet.

You turned back to Junhyung who was laughing.

“I told you not to make so much noise.” You frowned, washing the soap off his face.

“It is a natural response to comfort ahhhh~” He giggled.

You made him sit up, giving him a shoulder massage.

“I have something to confess thou.” You said.

“What?” He turned to look at you, anxiousness written clearly on his face.

“That night…” You started.

“I went… to the club.” You said softly.

“You said you did not cheat on me. You said it was a show.” He said, looking down.

“I did not! I really did not! I just… I just…” You mumbled.

“You what? Come on, say it. I’ll be able to take it.” He said.

“I danced with other guys… And allowed them to grind against me, and all..” You mumbled, not daring to look at him.

You heard a squeak. He was squashing the rubber duckie in his hand like an aluminum can.

“You…” He frowned, looking angry.

“Why!? If I anger you, get back at me! Why are you degrading yourself because you’re angry with me!?” He shouted.

He clenched his fist, punching the wall. You were fast enough to cushion his punch. He ended up punching your palm.

“Owwww~” You whined as his fist came in contact with your palm, causing the back of your hand to hit the wall. He used a hell lot of strength.

“OH MY GOD! I’M SORRY!” He pulled your hand over, examining worriedly.

“Are you okay!? Did I break your bones!? Huh?!” He looked at you.

“Why did you do that!?” He scolded.

“Does it hurt?” He asked, blowing on the broken skin of your knuckles.

You shook your head.

“Silly!” He frowned.

“I rather you break my bones than you break yours.” You said.

His expression softened.

“Never do that again!” He got out of the tub. He got changed quickly.

“Come.” He said, pulling you to the sink.

“It’ll hurt.” He said as he ran water over the wound.

“Ouch….” You bit on your lip.

“Sorry.” He apologized, blowing on your wound.

He flipped the toilet bowl cover down and made you sit down while he dressed your wound. After he was done, he held onto your hand and looked at you.

“Sorry.” He said.

“I’m sorry too.” You said.

“Never, never, never degrade yourself just because you’re angry with me. Take it out on me, not yourself. Do you understand?” He said.

You nodded.

“And you, you need to learn how to keep a surprise better.” You smiled, cupping his cheek.

“That, I know.” He laughed, holding your hand as the both of you headed out.

“What’s that smell?” He asked, smelling the air.

“Hyunseungie is cooking!” Yoseob smiled.

“I’m so hungry.” Junhyung said.

“Like finally?” Doojoon asked.

You hid behind Junhyung, afraid they would yell at you.

“What’s wrong, baby?” He asked.

“Come out from behind Junhyung. We know what is going on already.” Doojoon said.

“You… do?” You asked softly.

“His cousin called and told us both side of the story. Junhyung’s a dummy, your actions were not right, but it was only natural.” Yoseob said.

“His cousin?” You asked.

“Yea. She warned us not to give you a hard time or else she’ll screw us.” He laughed.

“You guys know her?” You asked.

They nodded.

“I thought she… hated me.” You mumbled.

“That girl is just fierce. She is very lovely.” Junhyung smiled, kissing your forehead.

“FOOD IS READY!!!!” Hyunseung shouted.

Like puppies, they all ran to the dining table.

“Junhyungie, I cook two weeks worth of food for you.” Hyunseung teased.

Junhyung’s eyes widened. We sat down and ate, chatting and laughing like usual.

“WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DUCKIE!?” Kikwang shouted, stomping out of the bathroom.

“Oh no.” Junhyung mumbled, looking at me.

“HYUNG! WHAT DID YOU DO!? WHY DID YOU DO THIS!? WHY!?” Kikwang slammed the squashed rubber duckie onto the table. It was not a duckie anymore. It was just a piece of squashed yellow rubber.

Despite Kikwang’s angry face, we cannot control our laughter. It looks so funny. It is even funnier when Kikwang is the one holding it. Such a muscular man, yet holding onto a rubber duckie, demanding for an explanation from Junhyung as to why it was squashed.

“I…” Junhyung looked at him, biting his lower lip to control his laughter.

“How did my duckie offend you!? Why did you have to kill it like that!” He shouted, throwing the duckie at Junhyung.

Junhyung took the duck and tried to pull it open, but it would not work.

“I’ll buy you another duckie, Kikwang ah.” I said.

“MURDERER!!!” Kikwang shouted into Junhyung’s face, stomping off.

“Aigoo, Kikwang hyung!” Dongwoon shouted, running behind Kikwang.

“Why did you do that, Junhyung?” Doojoon asked.

“I was angry. I didn’t mean it.” Junhyung said.

“You know how important that duckie is to Kikwang. How is he going to bathe without it?” Yoseob said.

“Why can’t he bathe without the rubber duckie?” I asked, curious.

“He’s a baby~” Hyunseung laughed.

“So cute.” You laughed.

“Am I not cute?” Junhyung asked.

“Oh, very cute.” You pinched his cheek.

The other guys cringed but you guys were absorbed in your world. Dongwoon managed to pull the grumbling Kikwang out and all of you continued to eat.

After food, Junhyung and you sat on the sofa, comfortable in each other’s arms.

“I bought you a pair of sunglasses that day.” You said.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yea, and the ahjumma at the store ask how you look like, because I was trying to picture if it would look good on you.” You said, taking out that pair of sunglasses from your bag, handing it to him.

“Mmm hmm~” He waited for you to continue as he looked at it.

“I told her you were handsome.” You said.

“Hee~” He chuckled.

“And then she asked about your character.” You said.

“Is she selling sunglasses or is she some gypsy?” He asked.

“Hahaha! She’s selling sunglasses!” You laughed, putting it on him.

“She say, it is not the accessory that brings out the beauty of people. It is the person bringing out the beauty of the accessory. And that beauty is not only on the outside, but inside too. If the person is beautiful inside as well, he’ll even be able to bring out the beauty of wearing a rag.” You said.

“A rag?!” He laughed.

“So what did you say?” He asked, turning to face you.

“I say you’re a good man.” You smiled.

“So how do I look?” He asked, posing.

“Very, very handsome.” You kissed him on his cheek.

He took off the sunglasses. His eyes locked on yours. He held onto your hand tightly as he got down on one knee.

“I know there are many men out there who are much better than pathetic me. I make mistakes all the time and I am just… stupid. But I love you. I really, really do. I want the chance to be able to love and protect you forever. Will you marry me?” He asked, taking out the ring from under the table.

You stared at the diamond ring, surprised. Now, this is a surprise. You did not see this coming. You could feel his hands shaking.

“I…” You were lost for words.

“Please?” He added.

Your lips curled into a smile, so did his. 

- 끝 -