Crushed

Misunderstood? (Sequel to Please look at me)

Junhyung leaned against the car, staring up at the building. The lights to the room the both of you shared were on. He let out a sigh and looked down at his trembling hands.

“Oppa! You’ll do fine!” She shook him.

“How do you know? What if she…” He bit his lower lip.

“What? Say no? Then she’s stupid. Then she’s very, very stupid.” She said.

“Hey, don’t say that about her.” He frowned.

“Awww so protective?” She .

“Of course.” He said, smiling slightly.

He opened the royal blue box in his hand, revealing a diamond ring.

“Do you think she’ll like it?” He asked.

“She’ll love it. If she doesn’t, then… give it to me.” She said.

“Yah!” He pushed her head lightly.

“Omo! Wae!? Which girl doesn’t love diamonds!? Seriously, oppa! You worry too much!” She smacked his back.

“For this day, you worked day and night without stopping, she’ll say yes. She definitely would.” She assured him.

“But because of this, we had a lot of arguments too.” He said softly.

“When she realizes everything, those arguments will be treated like they never happened.” She said.

“Hey, thank you.” He said.

“Come on! If I don’t do this for you, who would?” She punched his arm playfully.

“Thank you~” He ruffled her hair.

“Aigoo! Don’t mess up my hair ugh! Alright, go on!” She pushed him slightly.

“I’m scared.” He pouted.

“GO!” She pushed him.

“How do I look?” He asked.

“WOW! Fantastic baby!” She sang loudly.

He laughed and nodded.

“All the best.” She smacked his chest.

He in a deep breath before picking up the bouquet of red roses.

“I’ll not wait for you alright. I’ll be going.” She said.

“Call me when you get home.” He said.

“Will do! Go on!” She smacked his .

He jumped a little at the contact, but was not offended, after all, they were very close.

“Drive safely.” He said, waving to her.

After seeing her drive off, Junhyung headed upstairs. He had been preparing for this proposal since a few months ago. Every night, he was out until dawn working on it. He did not like lying to her, but he wanted to surprise her.

 His footsteps got heavier the closer he is to home. He could feel his heart beating wildly against his chest. When he arrived at the door, he was so nervous he could puke. His hand shook as he keyed in the pass code.

“You can do this.” He motivated himself.

He forced a smile onto his frozen face as he pushed open the door.

“Ba…” He called out to a strangely empty house.

“Went out?” He asked himself.

He walked in and tripped over something. He looked down to find a pair of men shoes that did not belong to him. His grip tightened on the bouquet of roses he was holding as he heard laughter coming from their room.

“It’s not what you think it is.” He convinced himself as he neared the door.

“Don’t hahaha!” He heard a familiar voice laugh. The voice he loves so damn much.

“You’re being naughty~” A foreign voice said. A man’s voice.

The door to their room was half-close. He looked through the gap and regretted immediately. The scene crushed his heart. You were on the bed with another man who was topless over you, tickling you.

He squeezed the bouquet in his hands tightly to control his anger. He bit his lower lip so hard he could taste blood to prevent himself from crying. He was more heartbroken than he was angry. He dropped the bouquet of roses and pushed open the door roughly, making his presence known. The man turned over in surprise, meeting with Junhyung’s deadly glare.

You sat up and looked at Junhyung with a smirk.

“What?” You asked, adjusting your tank top.

“What?” He asked, voice cracking.

“Why do you look so upset and betrayed? Aren’t you doing the same?” You asked.

“What am I doing?” He asked, his voice not angry, but sad and disappointed.

“You go to the club every night, you spend your time with your other girlfriend, maybe you have like three kids with her already, who knows? Do you think you’re the only attractive one?” You asked mockingly.

“My other girlfriend?” He asked, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“I saw everything, Junhyung. I’m tired of having to refrain myself from playing. You can play, so can I. If you want to remain my boyfriend, that’s fine too. You can go have other girlfriends, I can have other boys. We’re the same type, aren’t we? I’m doing you a favour, you know.” You said.

“A favour?” He looked down.

“Take it or leave it.” You said coldly.

“I’m leaving it then.” He said.

“Well, then I guess you’re tired of me and you’re free to…” Before you could finish, he cut you off.

“I WAS NEVER, NEVER TIRED OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted angrily.

You flinched at his volume. You have never seen Junhyung so angry before. The man on the bed stared at him.

“Don’t you dare stare at me like that.” Junhyung warned him.

“Your stuff are there.” You pointed to the messy pile.

Junhyung took a glance at his stuff. The cut up clothes, broken glasses and smashed laptop.

“Why did you do this?” He asked, picking up his laptop.

The laptop was his second life. All his compositions, his effort, they were all inside.

“Why of all the things to destroy, this?” He asked you.

“Why? Yong Junhyung, you asked me why? I gave you my heart and you crushed me. What rights do you have to ask me why did I destroy something so important to you when you were the first one who destroyed me?” You said.

“Believe it or not, I did nothing.” He said.

“Close the door as you go out.” You said.

“I beg your pardon?” He asked.

“SHE SAID TO CLOSE THE DOOR! ARE YOU DEAF!?” The man yelled.

Junhyung picked up a shoe from the side and threw it into his face.

“You have no ing rights to speak in my house and on my bed!” He spat before stomping out.

He stepped over the bouquet of roses that he once protected so well. It was not important anymore. Nothing is. It is all over now. The moment Junhyung was out of that building, he collapsed and broke down.

His phone rang as he was crying. He answered, but could not find the voice in him to speak. Everything that came out was a sob.

“I’m home, Oppa. How did it go?” She asked.

Sobbing was all she heard.

“Oppa? Junhyung oppa? What’s wrong?” She asked worriedly.

“Over… It’s over…” He managed to choke out.

“She… rejected… you?” She asked.

“SHE WAS MAKING OUT WITH ANOTHER MAN ON OUR BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” He shouted.

“She…. That bloody .” She ended the call.

Junhyung was a crying mess. He could not process anything. All that was in his head was the scene of you and the man’s intimacy.

***

“So? Do we still continue?” The man asked.

You glared at him.

“Get it, get it, I get it.” He said.

“But, don’t you think you’ve went too far?” He asked.

“He cheated on me.” You said.

“But this… This is so… hurting.” He said.

“Did it not hurt when I saw him being so intimate with whoever that woman is!?” You shouted, getting out of bed.

“Your shirt.” You threw it to him.

You were about to walk out when you saw the bouquet of crushed roses on the floor.

“Was this here just now?” You asked the man who was putting on his shirt.

“What?” He asked, looking over.

“Flowers? No.” He said.

“Then… Who?” You asked.

“Was it him?” He asked.

“Perhaps. To try cover up for his disgusting deeds or something.” You kicked the bouquet of flowers aside.

“He looked really hurt just now, you know.” He said, following behind you.

“He’s only hurt because I destroyed the babies in his laptop.” You said coldly.

But deep down, you were feeling very, very guilty. You wanted to jump off the bed and hug him tight telling him it was just a show you put on with the bartender at the club to get back at him. You wanted to give him a chance to explain and then you would forgive him no matter what. But anger took over you. You allowed your anger to win.

“I hate you, Yong Junhyung.” You gritted your teeth as you stared at the photos of the both of you dangling around the walls of the place you once both called home.