Bliss

Misunderstood? (Sequel to Please look at me)

You were in the kitchen preparing breakfast when you were suddenly lifted off the ground.

“Yah! Put me down!” You laughed, elbowing your boyfriend lightly in his chest.

“Morning~” He said in his morning voice as he snuggled his face into your neck.

“Eww~ You have not brush your teeth.” You said.

“You mind?” He asked, cheek resting on your shoulder, looking at you.

“No.” You smiled.

“Good.” He kissed your cheek.

“But still, go wash up.” You said.

He did as he was told.

Junhyung and you have been going out for three years ever since that Christmas night. A few months ago, the both of you moved into a small apartment near his dorm because he wanted to spend more time with you. You agreed too because at least if you do not get to see him for the whole day, you know you will spend time with him in the morning and at night. A little privacy with him would be good.

You were never a morning person, but for him, you dragged yourself out of bed daily to prepare breakfast for him. Sometimes he would be awoken by your alarm, but you easily hush him back to sleep.

“You don’t have to do this every day.” He said, sitting down at the dining table, washed up.

“It’s fine.” You said, putting two slices of toast on his plate.

“You’re my girlfriend, not my maid.” He said, pouting slightly.

“I enjoy doing such stuff for you.” You said, your back turned to him as you concentrated on not destroying the sunny side up.

You failed. Again.

“Aish!” You frowned.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“The stupid egg yolk broke again!” You got angry with yourself.

He laughed, but shut up when you glared at him.

“It’s fine, darling.” He said.

“But it’s not nice anymore!” You stomped your feet like a kid.

“Anything cooked by you is nice. And, if you don’t turn down the fire now, it’ll be charred egg.” He said.

“Oh!” You snapped out, hurriedly turning down the fire.

“Sorry.” You pouted, putting overcooked egg on his plate.

“It’s wonderful, love. Please, don’t be sorry. I should be the one apologizing.” He said.

“What for?” You asked.

“Ever since we moved in together, it seems like I have been burdening you. I know how much you hate to do house chores, cooking and all these sort, but for me…” He said, voice trailing off.

“You said it, didn’t you? For you.” You pat his cheek lightly.

“But still… Look at how tired you are.” He said.

“Oh, you clearly have not seen yourself then.” You said, whipping out a mirror from nowhere, placing it in front of him.

“Where did you get this from!?” He laughed.

“No idea.” You laughed, finding your action comical too.

The both of you started eating quietly. Out of a sudden, he grabbed your hand, startling you.

“What?” You looked at him.

“Nothing. Just… want to hold you.” He said, looking at your fingers.

“Why? Are they ugly?” You asked, feeling self-conscious.

Months of house chores have turned your once smooth, fair hands into slightly wrinkly and dry.

“Your hands are the most beautiful pair of hands I’ve ever seen.” He said, kissing your hand lightly.

He playfully stuck out his tongue, you, sending shivers down your spine.

“OH MY GOD!! DON’T DO THAT!!” You cringed while he laughed as thou he accomplished something.

“Bad boy!” You pouted, flicking his forehead.

“AH!” He held onto his forehead.

“Not falling for that.” You said, ignoring him.

“Ahhh how much strength did you use? I… I’m dizzy..” He said, still holding onto his forehead.

You looked at him, slightly worried.

“Did I use a lot of strength? Let me see it.” You said, trying to pull his hand down, but he would not allow it.

“Yah, let me see!” You said, going to him.

He let you examine his forehead. There was indeed a red mark.

“You’re feeling dizzy? Huh?” You asked worriedly.

He looked at you, not saying anything.

“Hello~ I’m talking to you. Can you hear me? Yah~ Yong Junhyung!” You waved your hand in his face.

He let out a smile as he pulled you to sit on his lap. He circled his arms around your waist, resting his cheek against your back.

“You lied about feeling dizzy?” You asked, turning to look at him.

He shook his head.

“Then?” You asked.

“I always feel dizzy when I am around you. You’re… so… ughhh… dazzling… I can’t.. even…” He snuggled his face onto your back.

You laughed, both at his cheesiness and the ticklish feeling.

“Eat!” You commanded, getting off his lap.

He pulled you back swiftly, crashing his lips against yours.

The both of you kissed, tasting the breakfast in each other’s mouth.

“Mmm~ Breakfast was good.” He pulled away from you, smacking his lips.

“EWWWW!” You made a face at him as you returned to your seat.

He wriggled his eyebrows at you.

“You look like a ert, you know.” You said.

“I’m yours.” He said as he munched on the bread.

“Gosh~” You mumbled, laughing.

After breakfast, you washed up the dishes while he prepared for work.

“Jun, will you be coming b…” You asked as you headed for the room, but stopped talking when you saw that he was engrossed texting on his phone

He did not seem to notice you at all. You stood at the door, waiting for him to notice you. He dropped his phone and jumped when he saw you standing behind.

“AHH!” He screamed in a girly tone.

“Woah! Relax!” You laughed, heading forward to pick up his phone for him, but he was faster.

“Who are you texting that you’re so engrossed to not even notice I have been standing there for so long?” You asked casually.

“Huh? Who? Oh.. Just some.. Nothing.” He said hurriedly.

“Some other girlfriend?” You asked, arms crossed.

“What? What? I… No.. It’s some.. some work…” He stammered.

“Hahahaha! You’re fun to tease.” You slap his chest lightly.

“Tsk!” He pouted at you.

“Dinner tonight?” You asked, adjusting his collar for him.

“Tonight? Erm… I can’t.” He said, biting his lower lip.

“Oh. It’s fine.” You smiled, trying to hide your disappointment.

“I’m sorry.” He cupped your cheeks.

“It’s fine. I understand.” You smiled.

You walked with him to the door.

“What are you going to do today?” He asked, playing with your hair.

“No idea. What should I do?” You asked.

“Shopping or something?” He asked, taking out his wallet.

You stopped him, knowing perfectly well he was going to take out either his credit card or a stack of cash. As nice as it is to be able to spend without a worry, you did not want to rely on his money.

“No. You know I don’t like it. Stop doing it.” You said firmly.

“I can’t even give my girl some money so she can buy herself something? My girl who has worked so hard to make sure I am comfortable at home. I can’t even do this for her?” He asked.

“No, you can’t.” You said.

He sighed, looking at you sadly.

“I don’t want your money, Jun. Having you is more than enough.” You kissed him lightly on his lips.

“I wish I could do more for you.” He said, kissing you back.

“As I said, you’re more than enough.” You raised the corner of his lips with your finger, forcing him to smile.

“Now, keep it there permanently.” You said.

He did as told.

“I love my smiling boy.” You said, tapping the tip of his nose.

“I might be late tonight. Don’t wait up.” He said.

“Drive safely, take care, and eat.” You said.

“You too.” He kissed your forehead.

“Bye.” You pulled both side of his ears lightly, knowing very well that it was his weakness.

He shivered and his ears turned a dark shade of red. You laughed at his discomfort.

“Go to work!” You shoved him out of the door.

He almost tripped, but you would never let him fall.

“Take care.” He said.

“You too.” You smiled.

“I love you.” He said.

“Love ya too~” You stuck out your tongue at him.

You watch him go into the lift before closing the door. But before you could shut the door fully, he slide in again, kissing you on your lips suddenly, shocking you.

“BYE BYE!!!” He shouted, running back to the lift again.

You stood at the door, still in shock. When you finally snapped out, you touched your lips lightly, laughing at his surprise action.

“Silly…” You giggled to yourself.

Junhyung is full of surprises. You never know when would he come up with something to surprise you with. It does not have to cost anything at all, sudden intimate actions like these are enough. People say that the ‘honeymoon period’ lasts only for three months, but you were confident enough to turn that saying down, for the both of you were the definition of bliss.