Irresistible

My Regretful Revenge

 This is the same chapter that I posted a few weeks ago. It got removed with all the aff moves.Enjoy! Sorry for the late update.


 

  The boys came up with about random topics that I didn’t quite understand. Of course, they were boys. What more to expect? Joon continued to put up with his silent treatment for a while. I could tell that he tried his best to forget about my 'sister remark' by his occasional throw out of comments here and there. So, I decided to let my concern go as well and forget the whole ‘sister’ thing.

 

   Again, they acted like regular guys. At the occasion that a girl past the table, Mir and Byunghee would automatically go on flirt mode. Even their way of greeting became superficially bizarre. My stare became sarcastically humoristic. I found it quite funny.

 

   I felt Seungho’s hand give two or three taps on my arm.

 

   “Minyoung’sshi, I’m sorry for these two creepers acting a bit erted. It’s part of their personality,” he mumbled with a huge smile. I don’t normally giggle, but this time I did.

 

   “It’s all right. I’m used to it. My brother used to do it all the time.” That wasn’t a lie.  Junho used to be very similar. All boys were the same after all. Cheondung leaned over to address himself to me from the other end of the table.

 

   “You know Minyoung’sshi, Joon over here is normally part of this flirt trio. The only difference is that he stutters in the event that the girl is extremely hot,” explained Cheondung with much conviction. Joon looked up and defended himself.

 

   “Yah! What are you saying? I don’t stutter,” Joon fought back. I tried to remember the moment we first met. No where in my memory had Joon ever stuttered. It kind of upset me. Did that mean that he didn’t think I was pretty? I shook my head, not even knowing why I was thinking about such thing. Seungho again interrupted my thoughts.

 

   “Watch. This is his chance.”

 

   I turned around to see what he was glaring at. It was a girl, a very thin one I might add. She walked towards our table with a very quirky air.

 

   “Hi Joon!” she greeted, making Joon jolt back.

 

   “Oh! Y-ye A-a-annyeong,” he glided over those words seemingly unsure of himself. As the girls left, Seungho and I burst into laughter. This was the first time I express such amusement since the accident. This was the usual side of me that I failed to express on front of my new family. I could see Joon smiling at my unexpected reaction. He seemed to have regained his mood.

 

   Soon afterwards, everyone began to clear the table. I decided to sit there for a little longer as I watched them exit the cafeteria. It was as if God had put five angels on earth at the same time. Breaking out of profound daze, I noticed a new face beaming at me.

 

   “Annyeong!” It was as if I was hearing this word way too often nowadays. This time, it was a girl, a very pretty one. She looked absolutely stunning in the uniform, even if I was wearing the same one and made it look like a rag. “I’m Hyuna.” I gave her a puzzled stare.

 

   “You must be Joon oppa’s new sister, Minyoung.”

 

   I nodded.

 

   “I am. Are you one of his friends?” I asked in curiosity.

 

   “Well. Sorta. I actually wanted to talk to you about that.” This girl was weird. She suddenly held out a piece of paper. “I was wondering if you could give this to your brother.” It was a small envelope with clear handwriting reading Joon’s name. I took it with slight hesitation in the process.

 

   Hyuna smirked when I looked back up at her.

 

   “I hope that we can become good friends.” I was surprised at this request. My focus was now on the paper now in my hand. My best guess was that she was my brother’s girlfriend. She sure seemed hot enough, totally Joon’s type. Beside her, I felt like a hot mess.

 

***

  

   I strolled down the streets with my brother walking beside me. Almost everyone greeted him goodbye, making me believe that he was the most popular man alive. Who was I kidding? He acted so cool at pretty much any moment. It got on my nerves.

 

   “Have you ever acted shameful on front of people before?”  I asked out of the blue. It came out of my mouth on its own. Expectedly, Joon stared at me without an answer. “I guess not. Eh?” To demonstrate the type of behavior I wanted to convey, I began to dance arbitrarily as I flew down the street. It was a habit I had gotten used to prior to the accident. Joon began to hide me with his huge body frame.

 

   “Yah! What are you doing? You’re embarrassing yourself in public.”

 

   I sighed in bore.

 

   “Araso. Araso. Aish! Junho oppa was a lot more fun than you,” I tease jokingly. Saying my brother’s name aout loud was bittersweet. Joon began to shift towards this subject.

 

   “Okay, so how was your brother? Since he was so great and all…”

 

   I paused for a second. I pictured Junho in my head, bringing so much warmth and peace to my thoughts.

 

   “He was my best friend,” I said quietly with a sudden smile. Deeply staring at him, I suddenly realized that I was in a daze again. Who could help it? Joon was gorgeous. Remembering who his family was and how they completely destroyed mine, I changed subject to avoid the bitter feeling inside me.

 

   My hand recklessly began to dig through my bag. I pulled out the letter that Hyuna gave me earlier and handed it over to Joon. He grabbed it with slight wonder.

 

   “What’s this?”

 

   “Hyuna’sshi told me that it was yours. I’m not sure what it is,” I explained. Joon observed it before staring at me again. “Are you guys going out by any chance?”

 

   “I barely know her.”

 

   “I think that she likes you. She looked really shy when giving it to me today,” I teased with a beaming expression. At that moment, Cheondung caught up from behind. As a first reaction, I tugged him on the shoulder and asked for his consent. “Cheongdung-sshi, don’t you think that Joon oppa would look good with Hyuna-sshi?”

 

   As that question came out, the rest of Joon’s friends began to appear behind us. I was now walking backwards, waiting for Cheondung’s answer.

 

   “Hyuna? As in the Kim Hyuna?” he asked as I nodded. “Well, I guess that would be okay.”

 

   Seungho grabbed the paper in between Joon’s fingers.

 

   “What’s this?” he asked suspiciously. “Is it from her?”

 

   Joon didn’t allow it and pulled back like a boy who refused to share his cookies.

 

    “Why are you hiding it? I just wanna see what she wrote to you.”

 

    “I’m not hiding anything.”

 

    “Then why don’t you show me what Hyuna wrote? This is the third one she’s sent you and you didn’t even let me see any of them.”

 

    “She’s not my type anyway,” he said awkwardly.

 

    “What is your type then?” Byunghee spoke with a funny tone, almost like he was mocking him.

 

   “Women…” Joon’s face was expressionless. He seemed to have frozen even while still moving forward.

 

   “Yah! We know that, just tell us who your ideal type is,” insisted Byunghee seemingly determined to make Joon say something. I stared at Joon’s passive reaction. He nervously eyed Byunghee who was right beside me now. His eyes were big, making it seem like they were filled with hesitation and terror all at once.

 

   “Her,” he finally said. I looked behind me to find the ‘her’. Nobody was there.

 

   “Her? Who ‘her’?” spoke Mir with a higher volume than the average.

 

   “Min’sshi?” he stuttered. After the mention of my name, Joon remained silent. Everyone understood what that meant. I didn’t know what to say.

 

   “Yah! How can that be? She’s your sister!” commented Seungho with a firm voice.

 

   “Did I say that I liked her? Ani. I-I meant that I’d l-like someone who would resemble her.” My heart gradually beat faster. I knew for sure that I was developing feelings for him at this point. “I like strong girls: The ones that fight and don’t act too fragile regardless the situation they face.” When he blushed at me, I felt guilty. I wasn’t strong at all. I wasn’t fighting my bitter feelings the way he thought. I was a horrible person trying to take revenge on his family. I ignored those words to avoid falling into more culpability.

 

   “How about you Minyoung’sshi? Who’s your ideal type?” I broke out of my deep thought and stumbled on my confusion.

 

   “Me? M-me I…” I looked around and named the person I saw first. “I like Cheolyong oppa a lot. Someone like him would be perfect.” While scanning everyone’s expressions, the majority smiled. Only Joon had a different mood. He looked extremely irritated; I gave him a mocking grin.

 

   “Really Minyoung’ah? Wah! Did you hear that Joon hyung? Your sister likes me better than you,” showed off Cheolyong with pride.  Joon looked away. I couldn’t quite read him. He was such a complex human being to understand.

 

 

   After going our separate ways, Joon and I were left alone again. It felt excessively awkward and uneasy. He walked in silence to finish off the final steps towards our house. I stared at my shuffling feet on the ground to avoid finding myself in one of those odd moments.

 

   As he pressed on the doorbell, I took a look behind me. Then suddenly, I felt a warm breath blowing on my ear.

 

   “How about me?”

 

   “You?” I repeated clueless. I truthfully knew what he was referring to; the ‘ideal type talk’ from earlier.

 

   “Don’t make me say it. You know what I mean.” Nobody came at the door yet. I looked through the glass and rang the bell again.

 

   “Looks like nobody is home,” I muttered instead of paying attention. I sat on the edge of the staircase leading to firm ground. He probably understood that I felt uncomfortable answering that question. Besides, why would siblings date or even like each other in that way? That was just wrong. Joon sat beside me with a blank expression. To break the tense atmosphere, I finally answered. “If I found someone else exactly like you, I don’t think I would date him.”

 

   He shot up a charming gaze.

 

  “I don’t like pretty boys,  popular boys nor do I like the flirty types. You’re way too manly. Also, I always found it creepy to date someone similar to my siblings.”

 

   “I’m not really all you think I am,” he confessed with a serious face. It surprised me a little. “That image of me was probably brought up by first impression, wasn't it?” That was true. I did judge by what I saw of him these past few weeks. “Actually, I’m very four dimensional in reality. That’s my true nature. My personality is very unique and wacky when I’m with people I’m comfortable with. If not, I tend to get really shy. That’s probably why you got all these misconceptions about me.”

 

   I began to laugh.

 

   “You don’t believe me?” he asked with his arms leaning on his knees.

 

   “That’s why you’ve been keeping a straight face with me all week.” As I beamed, he did the same. “Then, that means that being around me makes you shy?”

 

   He didn’t speak. His pretty eyes gazed at me, making me feel nervous in some way.

 

   “Don’t be shy. Just be yourself on front of your sister, oppa.” I grinned before turning my daze to the calm street on front of us.

 

   My heart couldn’t help saying it. A voice in my head made me feel like I betrayed my real brother for acting this way. To make up for it, I tried to find an excuse for treating Joon this nice. I figured that getting Joon to feel more comfortable around me would make it easier to go on with my revenge without getting caught. But I had to brush away all these feelings no matter what. He was, regardless of how I felt, an enemy.