Spring Part 3

Four Seasons of BaekYeol

Normal POV     Baekhyun    Chanyeol

The line in Baskin Robbins was long, so long that it extended out the door.
 

"Do we really want to wait in this line?" Kris asked hesitantly. Tao was upon him in an instant.
 

"Gege you promised!" Tao huffed.
 

"Alright alright, you'll get your Mango Tango don't worry." Kris reassured the younger male.

(a/n: Manga Tango is an actual flavor, never had it (don't have BR in my city q_q). I looked it up)

"Gege and I will get your ice creams. Why don't Chanyeol hyung and Boxian hyung go wait outside?" Tao asked sending a sly glance at Baekhyun who knew exactly what Tao was trying to get at.
 

"Sure, we'll grab some seats out front." Chanyeol said, surprising Baekhyun by grabbing his wrist and pulling him away from the line.
They chose a table near the corner.

 

"Ugh. Peace and quiet." Chanyeol sighed to himself. Feeling Baekyun's gaze on him, Chanyeol looked at the shorter male and raised a brow.
 

"Ah...I'll tell you a secret Baekhyun-sshi," Chanyeol said, given off a sheepish smile. Baekhyun's eyes lit up eagerly and he leaned in flashed his own smile. Chanyeol was willing to share a secret with him~~
 

"....I find..." Chanyeol lowered his voice to a whisper. "...I find Tao kinda annoying."
 

Baekhyun blinked, slightly disappointed before sitting back in his seat. He expected something a little more...personal.
Chanyeol grinned. "Don't tell him I said that okay." He joked.

 

"Ah y-ye!" Baekhyun replied smiling at the tall boy. There was an awkward silence (or what Baekhyun felt was an awkward silence).
"Soo...uhm why do you find him annoying?" Baekhyun asked trying to make conversation.

 

"He talks too much and he whines a lot." Chanyeol said.
 

"Who whines a lot?" Tao's voice asked, and once again, it seemed as if the Chinese boy had just materialized out of thin air.
Baekhyun jumped half a foot in his seat.

 

"Tao-sshi! You scared me." He started.
 

"Mianhae hyung." Tao grinned, sitting down and handing Baekhyun an ice cream.
 

"Kris ge has yours Chanyeol hyung. He's paying right now." Tao explained. Chanyeol just nodded. "You didn't tell me who you were talking about." Tao said glancing between Chanyeol and Baekhyun.
 

"My cousin. It's no big deal." Chanyeol said smoothly. So smoothly Baekhyun wondered how many times he had used this excuse.
 

"Ah him again..." Tao mused before sticking his spoon back into the cold dessert. Apparently he used the excuse often then.
 

Kris came back and gave Chanyeol his ice cream and the four of them (mostly Tao) made idle chatter during their consumption. Chanyeol excused himself to go to the washroom when he finished, leaving Baekhyun with the Chinese couple.
 

"So what did you guys talk about? Did you guys get closer? Did you confess?" Tao bombarded Baekhyun with questions and the Korean boy just sat there and gaped while his face pinked because Kris was staring at him with an amused expression on his face.
 

"Hey I- what are you-?" Baekhyun tried and failed to laugh it off as a joke.
 

"It's okay." Kris said, patting him on the shoulder. "I already knew, you're pretty obvious." Baekhyun wanted to turn to dust and float away in the wind of embarrassment. 
 

~~

When Chanyeol came back they all decided it was time to go home. Tao and Kris were going to a friend of their's birthday party around Yonsei University.

"So which way are you headed?" Chanyeol asked when Tao and Kris had left.

 

"Ah...around Gangnam" Baekhyun said.
 

"Chinchayo? I live around there too." Chanyeol said grinning.
 

The two talked about their lives and what they liked and disliked while walking back to their neighborhood.
Baekhyun learned that Chanyeol played the drums, and was in a band during high school and he believed that being optimistic was the best way to go about life.
Chanyeol learned Baekhyun had a passion for singing and that he was in a musical and also that Bi Rain was his role model.

 

"I used to work here." Chanyeol said pointing out the convenience store were they had both met a few months earlier.
 

"I know!" Baekhyun blurted. Chanyeol looked at him, raising an eyebrow.
 

"I uhm, saw you there when I went out to eat...in the middle of the night..." He muttered. He could still feel Chanyeol's gaze on him and shifted awkwardly. Suddenly Chanyeol broke into a grin.
 

"So you're that Byun Baekhyun."
 

"Huh?"
 

"2AM ramen boy Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol's grin only got wider and Baekhyun wondered how it was humanly possible for a person to have such a smile. But little butterflies erupted in his stomach all the same.
 

"I remember you now!" Chanyeol exclaimed in glee. Baekhyun tried his best to contain his own smile that threatened to show. 
 

Chanyeol grinned, slinging an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder, now that he remembered the puppy-like boy he had helped feed on that one cold winter morning.
 

"You said you used to work there." Baekhyun said. "Do you not work there anymore?" He asked.
 

"Ah no. I got a better job. My uncle hired me to do some computer work for him." Chanyeol replied. "Besides, I didn't really like the manager. I gave the position to my cousin."
 

They spoke about other things until Chanyeol came to a stop and gestured down a street to the right. "My house is over this way."
 

"Ah. Ye, mine is over there." Baekhyun said pointing straight. There was a silence, but this time, a not-so awkward one.
 

"Well I guess I better get going then." Baekhyun said, gifting Chanyeol with his million watt smile.
 

"Okay. I'll see you around then Baekhyun...ah." Chanyeol said then paused. "I can call you Baekhyun-ah right? Since we're the same year?"
 

"Ne~" Baekhyun answered, his eyes turning into crescent moons. Chanyeol thought it was the cutest  expression ever, and gave Baekhyun his own signature grin once again.
 

"Annyeong Chanyeol-ah~" Baekhyun said waving, as he started to walk away. Chanyeol waved too before walking in his direction. But about 30 seconds later, he realized something and sprinted back to the corner (which was quite easy since his legs were long).
 

"Baekhyun-ah!!" He called to Baekhyun's retreating figure. The shorter boy turned and Chanyeol ran to catch up with him.
 

"I forgot." Chanyeol said pulling out his cellphone and waving it happily. "Number."
 

A look of realization dawned upon Baekhyun's face as he too pulled out his cellphone. They exchanged their numbers and bid each other goodbye again. Chanyeol stopped at the corner and looked back to Baekhyun in the distance.
 

"BAEKHYUNNIE!!" He yelled. The figure in the distance turned around.
 

"CALL ME OKAY?!?!" Chanyeol waved both his arms in the air and saw Baekhyun wave back. Chanyeol walked home grinning from ear to ear. Happy to have Baekhyun in his contacts.

Four blocks away, Byun Baekhyun had a similar expression on his face as he unlocked his front door. 

 

 

 

A/N:

So here we go~ (finally OTL) aigoo. I'm sorry this update took so long.

Special thanks to leebyungiee cause without her comment i probably would've taken another 1000000000 years to update this. Jeongmal kamsahamnida!

And thank you to all my subscribers~!! ♥

Oh and about this fic; When I name them after the seasons, the chapters take place at the peak of that season.

So winter would take place during the coldest time of winter (so chapter 1 took place around after new years, so in January). The Springs took place in mid May (around SuHo's birthday).

Also, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Tao and Kris are University students. Annnd...new characters will be appearing in Summer. There was a clue hinted towards on of them in this chapter. :3