Spring Part 2

Four Seasons of BaekYeol

 

Normal POV   Baekhyun  Chanyeol

 

"Over here! Chanyeol-ah! Yah! Park Chanyeol!" Kris's deep voice resounded through the thick crowd causing Chanyeol to spot the tall chinese man easily.
 

"Who's that? Your friend?" Baekhyun asked bouncing up and down to try and catch a glimpse at whoever was calling.
 

"I've known him since the beggining of high school." Chanyeol grinned raising an arm to wave at Kris. Baekhyun pouted a bit. Not fair. Whoever this friend was...he had an advantage Baekhyun didn't. Wait. What am I talking about? Baekhyun thought shaking his head slightly.

"Ayo wassup Kris?" Chanyeol grinned. Kris raised an eyebrow as if to ask, "why are you so happy now?"
 

"Oh this is um...my friend. Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol said introducing the shorter to the taller.
 

"Annyeong Haseyo." Baekhyun said, bowing.
 

"Annyeong Haseyo, Wu Fan imnida. But you can call me hyung." Kris introduced himself, bowing back politely.
 

Baekhyun observed the foreign male with a heavy heart. He was tall, extremely handsome and he had known Chanyeol for a while. And then there was Baekhyun, short, average looking and he had only one meeting with Chanyeol, not including today.
 

"Is he eating with us too?" Kris asked Chanyeol and Baekhyun was about to refuse out of self pity but was interrupted by another voice.
 

"Gege~ is Chanyeol hyung here yet?" Tao asked, once again appearing out of nowhere. He met eyes with Baekhyun (who was slightly surprised at his sudden appearance).
 

"Oh! Are you with hyung?" Tao asked gesturing to Chanyeol. Baekhyun didn't say anything because he didn't exactly know how to reply. Was this guy implying something? And who was this guy anyways?
 

"This is Tao." Kris said, noticing Baekhyun's bewildered look.
 

"He's with me." He said smiling slightly, giving the shorter a look that spoke as if he knew exactly what Baekhyun was thinking. Baekhyun turned red under Kris's knowing gaze and Kris chuckled, clearly amused.
 

"Is he with Chanyeol hyung?" Tao asked again, this time the question was directed to Kris.
 

"Seems like it." Kris smirked.
 

~


They sat down in the cafe booth. High school and college girls a like began to whisper and giggle, pointing to the handsome group of males that presented themselves within their line of vision.
 

"Gege they're all looking at you." Tao teased. But Baekhyun (who was sitting across from him) noticed the jealous undertone and the slight pout that was apparent on the young Chinese boy's face.
 

"Just pick something you want." Kris said, not taking his eyes off the menu. Tao took this as a "I don't care about those girls" and a small smile made his lips curve as he looked at his menu triumphantly.
 

"What are you getting?" Chanyeol's voice broke through Baekhyun's observations of the Chinese couple in front of him and he looked at Chanyeol.
 

"Oh um...I don't know yet." He replied quickly, eyes snapping to his own menu.

This was the second time meeting the man. Baekhyun had noticed it before at the first time they met many months ago in winter. Somehow Park Chanyeol was able to get under his skin, in a good way of course.


 

" And then I was told that MinSeok hyung was planning to go to China for a bit."

Baekhyun listened to Chanyeol talk to Kris. So far, the only time Chanyeol had talked to Baekhyun was when he had asked what Baekhyun was going to order. It seemed as if he was invisible to Chanyeol.
 

But he asked for your name first didn't he? So he should be interested in you a bit right? Said the little voice in Baekhyun's head.
 

"I'll be right back." Baekhyun muttered, getting up to go to the men's room.
 

He splashed water on his face and patted his cheeks.
 

"Maybe he really can't remember...yeah that's probably it..." He muttered to himself.
 

"Hi hyung!"
 

Baekhyun gave a surprised shout when he saw Tao's smiling reflection in the mirror behind him. Baekhyun whirled around.
 

"You scared me." He accused the black haired male.
 

"Mianhae Baixian hyung, mianhae~" Tao said.
 

"Bai...Baixian?" Baekhyun asked, furrowing his brow.
 

"Baixian hyung. Byon Baixian is your name right?"
 

 (*a/n I don't know how "Byun" is pronounced with a Chinese accent so I took a guess*)


"Uhm yes..." Baekhyun decided to drop the subject. Tao turned of the sink next to him and began to wash his hands.
 

"Baixian hyung likes Chanyeol hyung~" Tao said suddenly and Baekhyun quickly dropped to the floor, pretended to tie his shoes so that the younger male wouldn't notice the obvious blush on his cheeks.
 

"What are you talking about?" Baekhyun scoffed, still pretending to be preoccupied with his laces. Tao wasn't fooled though (because Baekhyun's ears had turned a deep shad of crimson as well) and leaned against the counter with a catty smile that made his bow shaped lips curve mischievously at the ends.
 

"I can help you." The younger male said nonchalantly observing his nails, checking for dirt.
 

"What do I need help with?" Baekhyun meant for his question to sound sarcastic but Tao didn't notice.
 

"You haven't said a word to him for the entire meal." Tao looked down at Baekhyun (who was still "tying his laces").
 

"You didn't talk to Kris." Baekhyun shot back.
 

"I was eating." Tao stated simply that Baekhyun had the urge to face palm himself when he remembered how many main course dishes Tao had ordered.
 

"You ARE with Kris...right?" Baekhyun asked.
 

"Wo feichang ai Kris Ge~" Tao cooed lightly in Chinese. Baekhyun didn't really understand what it meant but got the gist of what it meant anyways from the tone.
 

"I can help you." Tao said again.

"Whatever..." Baekhyun muttered.
 

"Baixian hyung?"
 

"Ye?"
 

"How long does it take you to tie your shoes?"
 

Baekhyun stood up a little too quickly, banging his head on the underside of the counter. Tao snickered and Baekhyun shot the younger male a slight glare, rubbing the back of his head.
 

"I'll be out in a second." Tao said in an amused tone, turning around to face the mirror, fixing his hair with one hand and taking his cell phone out of his pocket with the other.
 

 


Baekhyun returned to the table. After that awkward conversation with Tao, he was kind of dreading the near future. The kid had seemed annoying and seemingly naive at first impression but Baekhyun now knew not to judge a book by it's cover. Tao was much more witty and mischievous then he seemed.
 

"What took you so long?" Chanyeol asked.
 

"I got lost." Baekhyun said the first excuse that came to mind and instantly regretted it because Chanyeol was giving him weird looks again and Kris had to turn away to hide his smile.
 

"Baixian hyung and I were just talking. The line up was pretty long." Tao said coming up from behind and slinging an arm around Baekhyun's shoulders.
 

"Let's get going then shall we? I already paid. My treat." Kris said standing up, followed by Chanyeol. Baekhyun felt extremely short compared to the three towers. He wiggled out from under Tao's arm sending a small bow of thanks towards Kris.

"Gege~ Can we get ice cream?" Tao asked the older man.
 
"I guess so." Kris said shurgging. Tao sent a smirk towards Baekhyun that went unnoticed by Kris and Chanyeol.
 
And Baekhyun knew that whatever Tao's plan was... It was officially starting now.
 
 
 
A/N
 
Here is the 3rd chapter as I promised... I kind of have writer's block so don't expect anything for a bit... And as for Tao's plan...derrr I'm wading into hot water because i have nooo idea of what it's gonna be...so let me curl up in my cat corner, climb a mountain and meditate...and brain strom possible...ideas.
 
I felt this chapter was too boring but it gives you an inside look at Baekhyun's inner turmoil about how he wants Chanyeol to feel towards him I guess. Though he won't admit it, he does like Chanyeol here ;). I didn't want to say it outright in the chapter but yes, Baekhyunnie has a crush on Chanyeol. And Tao will help him get closer to him... There is a Spring Part 3 btw. It's where I plan to stop in the spring season though. And then moving on to summer...where some more characters will make an appearance ;)