Spring Part 1

Four Seasons of BaekYeol

Chanyeol   Baekhyun

 

"Ayo wassup Kris?"
 

"Ayo wassup." The older male replied clapping Chanyeol on the shoulder. Kris had been Chanyeol's chinese pen pal/exchange buddy back in high school.
Currently the two were meeting for a man date some bro to bro time.

 

"Gege~"
 

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows at the voice. Said voice belonged to Tao, who was just as equally as tall as Chanyeol and Kris. A mop of indigo black hair bounced on his head as he jumped out of nowhere and gripped the fabric of Kris's jacket sleeve, a large happy grin on his face.
 

"Yeah I hope you don't mind, Tao wanted to come." Kris said glancing at the younger boy and prying his arm loose to ruffle Tao's hair.
 

Chanyeol forced a smile. Tao was Kris's...friend and even though Chanyeol thought Tao was very slightly annoying, he knew there was nothing that could be done. The dark haired boy could have Kris easily wrapped around his finger if he so needed. And once Kris made up his mind, it was nearly always to impossible to change.
 

"So are we going to Hongdae or what?" Kris asked as Tao resumed latching onto Kris's arm like a leech.
 

"Sure, sure." Chanyeol sighed, raising his arm to flag a taxi.
 

"Gege~ Can you buy me a new bag~?" Tao asked as the trio climbed into the car (Chanyeol in the front so he didn't have to sit near Tao).
 

"Shh." Chanyeol heard Kris shush the younger boy but he might've been talking to a broken record because Tao asked the same question for the entire ride to Hongdae.
 

~
Arriving at the shopping and entertainment district, Chanyeol wasted no time to clamber out of the car.
 

"Gege~ can you can you can you? Pleaase~? Gege~?"
 

Kris, sensing Chanyeol's annoyance, shot an apologetic look his way.
 

"How about we do some shopping and meet back here in an hour or so for lunch?" Kris asked.
 

"Okay." Chanyeol said a little too quickly, he grinned and rubbed his head, apologizing through his actions.
 

"Gwaenchanha." Kris muttered in a low voice, waving a hand, he knew how Chanyeol felt about Tao.
 

"Gege~" Tao whined impatiently, tugging the bottom of Kris's shirt.
 

"Okay Okay." Kris said following Tao down the busy street, leaving Chanyeol standing by himself, slightly disappointed he couldn't spend time with his friend but relieved to be away from Tao.

~

But How in the world was he supposed to spend an hour by himself, in a shopping district when he had no particular desire to shop? He frowned and began to walk, glancing with boredom into the stores beside him. He bought himself a bubble tea and went to a small park to enjoy it.
He was about to sit down on a bench when he felt someone ram into him from the side, sending him and his bubble tea to the ground.

 

"Wahh.Mianhae! Mianhae! Gwaenchanhi?"
 

Chanyeol looked up and a hand was ed in front of his face.
A dark haired male around Chanyeol's age stood in front of him, a wide rimmed b-ball cap on his head as he grinned apologetically.

 

"Gwaenchanha." Chanyeol mumbled, ignoring the hand and getting up on his own.
 

"Oh okay that's good." The boy's apologetic grin turned into one of relief. Chanyeol was fine but... He glanced at the bubble tea that was spilt all over the pavement.
 

"Um...I was running away from a bee and wasn't watching where I was going and- Heeeey."
 

Chanyeol snapped his attention back to the clumsy boy who gave him an eye smile.

 


Baekhyun gave his best and brightest smile as he gazed up at the taller male in his presence.
 

Did he remember him?
 

The tall boy gave Baekhyun a weird look and the smile fell on Baekhyun's face. Maybe he should try another method.
 

He glanced around and looked up at the caramel haired man.
 

"Are you by yourself?" Baekhyun asked.
 

"Kind of." The taller boy replied.
 

"Can I...walk with you then?" Baekhyun asked again a bit hesitantly.
 

"I guess." The other replied shrugging.
 

"Kamsamnida~" Baekhyun said bowing slightly and when the other boy continued to give him that weird look, Baekhyun's little happy bubble deflated a bit.
 

~
The two walked down the crowded shopping district in silence. Baekhyun decided to talk.

 

"What's your name?"
 

"Park Chanyeol."
 

"Do you know my name?" Baekhyun asked hopefully. Chanyeol gave him another weird look.
 

"Byun Baekhyun imnida..." Baekhyun muttered disappointedly. Then he spotted a bubble tea stand.
 

"Let me buy you a new one." He grabbed Chanyeol's hand, dragging him along.
 

"Ahjumma can I have two strawberry bubble teas?" Baekhyun asked.

While the older woman went to go make the drinks Baekhyun took out his wallet but fumbled with it slightly and it fell to the ground leaving Baekhyun standing there in an awkward bent position as he had tried and failed to catch it. As he bent down to pick it up but another hand grabbed it at the same time, causing both hands to brush against each other. A static current passed through them by contact and Baekhyun withdrew his hand in slight shock. He looked up, meeting eyes with Chanyeol causing the shorter boy to blush as he straightened up at the speed of light (lol CWIDT).
 

"Err here..." Chanyeol said handing Baekhyun his wallet.
 

"Kam-Kamsamnida..." Baekhyun stuttered and began to turn an even darker shade of pink.
 

"Your bubble teas." The ahjumma's voice interrupted the soon to be awkward moment and Baekhyun let out a relieved sigh as he turned around to pay and send a silent prayer to his deity that Chanyeol didn't have to witness the tomato that was his face.
 

 

 

A/N

Sorry for the long wait... I haven't really had the time to actually sit down and write except for like 11 PM and I'm usually exhausted by that time because it's summer and super hot outside so my energy is drained after 3 in the afternoon.

I also realize that I made Tao kind of... girly, whiny and annoying. I'm sorry... Tao IS my ultimate bias so don't get me wrong. But don't worry, things aren't always what they seem (*hint hint Part 2*). Ah yes and this chapter felt reeeeally long  (probably because I was writing it by iPod) so I had to chop it in half.

There isn't much Baekhyun POV in here but part 2 is basically all Baekhyun so...

And I also know that there is that really cheesy/cliche bit...sorry... IDK im kinda having writers block okay. So bear with me.But K-pop cheese is good