53

My Strange Oppa

 

 
Ultimately, today will be your last day in Seoul. With heavy shoulders, you awaited by the door for Jinyoung to pick you up on your last date.
 
You didn’t know how you would tell him, but it had to be done. Your father stood behind you as he planted a hand on your shoulder for reassurance. 
 
You look back and he gave you a tender smile. “Good luck.”
 
Somehow, his words felt empty. You nodded. 
 
You heard the doorbell ring, and your heart felt like it almost jumped out of your chest. With a deep breath, you hugged your father goodbye and headed out the door.
 
The snow was slowly melting. Jinyoung wore his usual attire, but somehow, he appeared even more handsome today than he did on your first date. 
 
“Hi baby!” Jinyoung sweetly beamed at you. 
 
You went into his arms and hugged him tightly. “Hi oppa.”
 
Today you both went to Lotte World since you wanted to be like the typical couple. 
 
First thing you did was eat. Jinyoung was hungry, and you were ‘hungry’ as well. Technically, you didn’t have the appetite to eat, but it was nice to have a last memory of Jinyoung gobble down his food.
 
“Oppa, open your mouth!” You held out your ddukbokki.
 
Jinyoung gave you a cheeky smile and opened his mouth. You popped the ddukbokki in and he smiled as he chewed. “Gomawo, it’s extra yummy because you fed me.”
 
As always, Jinyoung knew how to make your heart skip a beat. You nodded. “Eat more.” 
 
“Wait, I’m not done chewing!” Jinyoung squealed.
 
You laughed teasingly. “I don’t care!”
 
Jinyoung pouted but he opened his mouth anyway.
 
“Just kidding, tell me when you’re done chewing.” You giggled.
 
Jinyoung scowled at you jokingly. 
 
After eating, you walked around the mall. Since you both finished eating, you thought it would be best to go on the rides later on. You guys decided to go into a photo booth and take pictures. 
 
“We have to take a lot okay?” You made him promise you as you sat on his lap.
 
Jinyoung frowned. “But my cheeks hurt from smiling!”
 
You sighed and got up, but he pulled you back down. He nuzzled into your neck and smiled. “Just kidding, I want to have millions and millions of pictures with my beautiful girlfriend.”
 
At that moment, for some reason, you wanted to cry. You gave him a sweet kiss as you closed your eyes. At that moment, the booth flashed. 
 
When you were done with the photobooth, you excitedly pulled him to the skating rink. “Oppa, I want to skate!”
 
“Araso.” Jinyoung smiled and pulled you along.
 
Little did you know Jinyoung couldn’t skate! You giggled as he fell clumsily. You held your hands out, and he took it. “Come on baby, let me guide you.” You gave him a heart stopping smile and wink as you pulled him along with you.
 
After awhile, Jinyoung got the hang of it. 
 
Most of the people that went were people from your school; they wave to you guys and acknowledge that you and Jinyoung were the sweetest couple. 
 
Everything was perfect. *I just wish… time could stop right now… because I want to live in this moment forever.* Your smile fell as you looked at Jinyoung who was laughing and having the time of his life. Your hold on him tightened, and Jinyoung noticed. 
 
He turned to you and smiled. “Look baby, I’m a pro skater now!”
 
Your lips curved into a smile as you nodded encouragingly. “That’s my boyfriend, aren’t you so perfect?” Jinyoung’s cheeks flushed red as he pulled you along the icy cold rink. 
 
You and Jinyoung grew tired, and stopped skating. Jinyoung was too tired to go on any rides, and you couldn’t agree more.
 
“We’ll go back on the coasters next time, alright?” Jinyoung promised.
 
Your eyes rounded a bit. “….A-alright.”
 
In your eyes, this was the best last date anyone could ever have. It wasn’t much, but it weighed a lot in your heart.
 
It was quiet as Jinyoung walked you home.
 
You knew that you had to tell him soon.
 
When you were in front of your house, you released your hold on Jinyoung as you stared into his happy, phoenix eyes.
 
“Jinyoung oppa,” you began.
 
His eyes brightened everytime you said his name. Jinyoung’s smile never faltered as he looked into your eyes.
 
You heaved a deep sigh, and gave him a small smile. “You know how much I love you right?”
 
Jinyoung nodded as he stretched his arm out. “You love me THIIIIIIS much!”
 
You nodded and bit your lip hard so that you wouldn’t cry. “Jinyoung oppa… and you know how much I love my appa right?”
 
He nodded again. “THIIIIIS much also.”
 
You couldn’t bring yourself to smile anymore. Your eyes grew watery as you looked up at him. “I’m moving Jinyoung.”
 
“Where?” Jinyoung asked, his face fell as he noticed that you weren’t so cheerful anymore. “Want me to help you move?”
 
You shook your head as you gazed into his eyes. The happiness gone. “You don’t understand… I’m not going to be living here now.”
 
“What?! Are you moving to another city?!” Jinyoung asked in outrage.
 
You grabbed his hand and laced your fingers tightly with his. “I’m moving to America, oppa.”
 
It felt like someone had just striked him with a bow in his heart. All the colours from Jinyoung’s face drained, as he was left with a pale, gaunt face. He stared at you in horror. 
 
“You can’t leave me…” Jinyoung said out loud brokenly. “You’re not going to leave me are you?!” 
 
You looked at him apologetically. “Mianhae, I have… I have to. It’s for my father.”
 
“But what about me?!” Jinyoung put his hands on your shoulder as he stared at you with wide eyes, tears threatening to spill out.
 
Your tears were already drenching your face.
 
“I love you Jinyoung oppa,” you reassured him.
 
“Then why are you leaving me?!” Jinyoung shouted out.
 
Your heart trembled inside your chest. The pain in his voice made it much worse.
 
“How can you leave me? How could you make me love you so much only to have you abandon me?!” Jinyoung questioned you angrily. 
 
You didn’t meet his eyes as you looked down. You didn’t know what to say.
 
Jinyoung’s tears spilled out as he stared at you in betrayal, and hurt. 
 
The air was heavy with tension as neither of you spoke. Jinyoung’s hands were on his hips as he recollected his thoughts, biting on his lip in frustration as he stared off into the distance.
 
You have never seen Jinyoung so angry. You miserably looked up at him. You cupped his face and Jinyoung froze at your touch. He instantly looked at you.
 
“We can break up, if it makes things easier. I just thought….” You didn’t know what to say.
 
“NO!” Jinyoung roared in disbelief. “WE WILL NOT BREAK UP.”
 
You bit your lip. “I don’t want you to wait for me.”
 
“So you want me to find another girl? Huh?” Jinyoung retorted.
 
You grew angry now. “NO, THAT’S NOT WHAT I WANT!”
 
“You are so selfish ~~~~~~,” Jinyoung shook his head. “I can’t believe it. I can’t believe after what I’ve done for you, it just all went to waste.”
 
Your heart choked in pain as it doubled over in your chest. Your stomach sank and you felt sick to your stomach.
 
“I am selfish,” you replied not looking at him.
 
Jinyoung sighed as he wiped his tears, “Maybe we should break up.”
 
Your eyes shot up widely as you stared at him in horror. He wasn’t looking at you, but his eyes were hard and cold. “Maybe we should….” With that you ran into the house and lock the door.
 
You covered your mouth so that your father wouldn’t hear you sobbing as you ran up the stairs. You locked your door as you curled up in the ball, sobbing away your broken heart.