31

My Strange Oppa

 

 
Other then your father’s absence at home, and that you’re no longer a Queenka, everything has been going pretty well for you.
 
You were too busy with bake sales and fundraising to feel lonely.
 
When you had free time, you spent it with Jinyoung and his group of friends.
 
They were really talkative and friendly people. You were surprised that they weren’t the Kingka’s in the school since they weren’t that bad looking. 
 
Ever since that day with halpoji had that violent cough attack, he had been stuck in bed all the time. As much as he refuses to and wanted to get up, halmoni, Jinyoung and you knew it was for the best that he stayed bed. 
 
The month was going by slowly. 
 
You and Jinyoung were bundled up warmly as you made your way to the Residence. 
 
The weather outside was gloomy, and dark. The winds blew harshly outside as a mass of snow fell down the sky. A blanket of white covered the cold, ground. 
 
“Ahh!! Warmth!” Jinyoung screamed out the moment he stepped inside. His body trembled with shivers.
 
You gave him a face as you put a finger to your lips. 
 
Jinyoung pouted.
 
You looked at the secretary in the front and bowed. “Mianhae.”
 
She smiled and nodded. “Go ahead; Mr. and Mrs. Kim are waiting for you.”
 
You both walked side by side as you walked to their room.
 
You tapped gently on their room.
 
“Halmoniiii~” Jinyoung cooed. “Your grandkids are hereeee!”
 
You rolled your eyes. *He can be such a baby sometimes.* 
 
Jinyoung looked at you and beamed.
 
Halmoni finally opened the door for you. A small tired smile appeared on her face. 
 
She opened her arms. Both you and Jinyoung hugged her tightly. 
 
There was an ominious feeling to the room. It was dim, and more quiet than usual. The only sound was the sound of halpoji snoring quietly in the room. 
 
“Aigooo.” Halmoni frowned. “You kids suffering to visit us every day.” She patted the snow off your hair and jacket. 
 
Jinyoung shook the snow off his head. 
 
“It’s not suffering if we like it,” Jinyoung pointed out.
 
You nodded in agreement as you put your arm around her. “How’s halpoji holding up?”
 
You three walked in the room, and the hope that you had before dropped like a rock. You stared at Mr. Kim who looked so worn out and frail. Unlike when you first met him, where he was bright and happy, now he was filled with exhaustion and sickness. 
 
Jinyoung walked to his bedside and sat on chair next to it. Jinyoung frowned miserably. “Halpoji, get well soon! We were supposed to go race car driving! And don’t forget, we were supposed to check out some girls.”
 
You scowled. You hit Jinyoung on the head. 
 
Jinyoung looked back at you and rubbed his head. “I’m just joking.” He took your wrist and yanked you down on his lap. Your face turned bright red as your heart elated in your chest. 
 
Halmoni went onto the other side and sat next to him. 
 
“He slept before you came. He really wanted to stay awake but the medicine made him quite drowsy.” Halmoni released a sigh. 
 
Jinyoung smiled softly. “Don’t worry. Rest is the most important for someone his age.”
 
You looked away to hide your coloured face as you spoke, “I hope he gets well soon. We have a few weeks left and I’ll miss you both.”
 
Halmoni’s face fell in disappointment. She nodded dismally. 
 
Normally, whenever you and Jinyoung visited, all 4 of you would walk and play games. However, seeing Mr. Kim in this state, you both left early. It felt wrong to be there.
 
*God, what was he thinking by pulling me down like this?!* You facepalmed yourself. 
 
You were too into your thoughts to notice Jinyoung.
 
He had stopped and thought about something. 
 
*Hm… halmoni and halpoji’s room was kind of cold. Maybe I should go ask the secretary if they have extra blankets?*
 
Jinyoung gently pushed you up and jogged out the room and went to the front desk.
 
You snapped out of your reverie and blinked in puzzlement. You excused yourself and poked your head out the door. You saw his figure in the distant.
 
He was talking to the secretary. She pointed to the left and handed a set of keys. 
 
He smiled and nodded.
 
You stepped out of the room and made way to him. Jinyoung was already running back to you with that goofy smile of his. He pulled you along. 
 
“Where are we going?” You looked at him questioningly as you ran with him. He didn't answer you.
 
Up a flight of stairs into an empty hallway, you found yourself staring at the door. 
 
Your heart went crazy when you realized Jinyoung was holding your hand. You quickly yanked it away.
 
“Why are we here, Jinyoung?!” You squeaked. The hallway was quiet, and dim. It had a haunting feeling to it. 
 
Jinyoung smiled suggestively.
 
You smacked him. “ert!”
 
Jinyoung chortled. “I’m just kidding! Halmoni and halpoji’s room was kind of cold. I was scared they will get really sick so I was wondering if they had any extra blankets. The secretary said that they had some up here in the storage room.”
 
You relaxed. 
 
Jinyoung inserted the key. He twisted it slightly and it made a click. It was dark and there was no light. There were shelves all over the place filled with blankets, towels, pillows that were still packaged, toiletries, and cleaning products. 
 
Jinyoung walked in first while you stood beside the door, not letting it close. 
 
“You’re going to stay there?” Jinyoung asked, not looking back.
 
You nodded. “Yes.”
 
The hallway was really creepy. You scanned the area in paranoia. 
 
There was a scream in the storage room. Concerned, you ran in without a second thought.
 
BOOM! The door closed.
 
“JINYOUNG?!” You screamed out in worry.
 
Jinyoung was laughing with joy as he held onto the blanket. 
 
There was no light in the room.
 
Your heart felt like it was going to explode out of fear. You began to panick, “Jinyoung!! Where are you!!”
 
“Right here.” His voice murmured beside your ear.
 
“OH MY GOD!” You quickly spun around, startled.
 
Jinyoung had his phone light on and he was staring at you with his eyes rounded. 
 
Your breaths were uneven as you held onto your chest. “You jerk!! You scared me to death!” 
 
Jinyoung laughed and grabbed your wrist, “let’s go.”
 
As he grabbed onto the handle, his face scrunched up. He shook the handle, but it wouldn’t budge.
 
“~~~~~, key’s please,” Jinyoung held his hand out.
 
You gaped at him. “I don’t have the keys!”
 
“What?!” Jinyoung screamed. 
 
“I thought you had it!” You stared at him in horror.
 
Jinyoung shook his head fervently. “It was still in the key hole outside, I thought you would have taken it out!”
 
“Aish!” You stomped your feet. “So does that mean… we’re locked on the inside?!”