Ayo what up Kris!

Bodyguard, my band-aid

                Tao’s POV

The small apartment Tao had been given to stay in was close enough to the mansion, but far enough away that he had privacy.  The real work begins tomorrow.  Tao thought to himself, as he slumped onto the couch in the main living area.  He had just gotten back from dinner with Mae and her father.  It would have nice, if Mae hadn’t managed to tip her plate and spill her drink.  She had apologized profusely with an embarrassed smile glued to her face, while her father sighed disapprovingly. 

“Mae, I just don’t understand how you came to be so clumsy.  Your mother was so graceful.  She never had so much as a hair out of place, but you…”   He tsked, and went back to cutting the tender meat on his plate. 

“Sorry Abeonim.  I’ll be more careful!”  Her father only shook his head in response.

I don’t understand how she can be that uncoordinated either.  Tao had always had his body under control.  Maybe wushu would help her.  He churned the idea around in his mind for a while, but the thought of Mae taking on the contact sport, made him cringe.  Maybe not.   Tao’s things had already been brought into the apartment for him, so there was no need to unpack anything.  A fact that made him grateful.  He wandered into his bedroom and stripped off his shirt, tossing it into the corner.  Two moons! Two moons! His phone sang from the bedside table.  Tao leaped to it and hurriedly flipped it open.  I wonder if it’s Kris!  Tao pouted.  It’s not him. It’s just some random number. 

‘Hi! This is Mae.  Sorry to bother you but I thought it would be smart if we had each other’s numbers. Anyway, good night! –Mae’

She really knows how to plan ahead!   Tao closed his phone and replaced it back to its original spot.  After removing his socks and shoes, he slid into bed.  Not only two minutes later his phone went off again.

‘Hi. Sorry.  You have to go to school with me tomorrow, so we got a school uniform for you and it’s in your closet. –Mae.’  Tao sighed, not liking what he read.  Protecting a girl that clumsy would be twice as hard in a crowded place like school.  Two moons! Two moons! His phone rang once again, making him a little frustrated.

‘I leave at 6:30. –Mae.’  I get it! Just let me sleep! 

“AAH!”  He yelled as he heard Two Moons again, but this time it was a call.  He flipped his phone open… again.

“Hello?” He questioned icily, feeling the exhaustion beginning to take over.

“Is that how you greet a friend you haven’t talked to in forever?” He heard Kris’ voice, and a smile instantly broke out onto his face.

“Sorry Kris! I thought you were someone else.  What’s up?”

“They must be annoying.” Kris chuckled. “Anyway, man I’m like at your house.”

“what!” Tao jumped out of bed to a window that looked outside.  He saw Kris standing at his door. “How did you get in here?”

“I’ll explain in a bit, but can you let me in. It’s kind of cold out here.” He whined.

“Arraso!” Tao quickly made his way to the front door, and unlocked it.  Kris practically fell inside when the door opened, because he had been leaning against it.  Tao chuckled, and Kris glared playfully at him.  He put his hands up defensively.

“I didn’t know you were leaning against the door, I swear!”  Tao lifted his fists to his cheeks. "~bbuing bbuing~" Kris blew out a breath and ruffled his hair.

“Punk!” He looked around and nodded approvingly. “Nice place.”

“Oh yeah! Hyung, how did you get onto the grounds?”  Kris looked at him mischievously.

“Well… Do you really want to know?”  Kris flexed his arm, looking satisfied with himself.  Tao gasped.

“Hyung, you didn’t…” his voice trailed off, while Kris looked at him with humor.  “You didn’t beat someone up, did you!”  Kris burst out laughing, causing tears to spring to his eyes.

“Of course not, you idiot!  I just live close by.”  Tao’s head tilted with confusion.

“I don’t understand.”

“I work here too! So I’m staying in one of the other employee apartments close by.”

“EH! Hyung, I didn’t know you worked here!”  Then Tao pouted. “Why didn’t you tell me?”  Kris tried to reassure his friend. 

“It’s not that I didn’t want to tell you, Tao. I just know you’ve got a thing against super rich people.”

“I do not!” Tao responded angrily.  Kris sighed.

“I didn’t want to have to do this, but it appears I have no choice.”  Kris took a deep breath and Tao glanced at him curiously.  He slowly lifted his fists to his face.

~Bbuing Bbuing~!” Kris’ Aegyo was terribly frightening.  Tao jumped back laughing, his anger draining away.

“Hyung! Don’t ever do that again!”

“Do you forgive me?”

“Yeah, yeah whatever. I forgive you!”   Kris smiled.

“Okay, well it’s late so I’m going to go home.  I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Definitely!  Good night, hyung.”  After Kris left, Tao felt even more worn out.  Finally. He thought as he crawled into bed.  It wasn’t long before Tao was asleep, but as he dreamt, his eyelids twitched.  In his head, voices were calling out to him.

‘What are you doing in the enemy’s house?  Are you that desperate?  Your father would be ashamed.’

 

                                            *                                                                            *                                                                     *

Sorry that not much happened in this chapter, but i felt that Kris should be introduced in his own chapter! hehe  Anyway please don't be silent readers! Your thoughts always make me happy!