Breakfast

Bodyguard, my band-aid

Mae was pacing back and forth nervously. Why isn't he here yet! It was 6:25 and Tao still wasn't in the mansion. Maybe he forgot that I leave early in the morning. Mae's mind wandered to unrealistic ideas to why he hadn't appeared yet. Maybe he got lost. Or maybe the pandas discovered their king was here and they broke in and kidnapped him! Mae swiped a hand down her face. No that's not possible. Pandas only kidnap their own kind.   While Mae's mind was running rampant, Tao had silently slipped into the dining room where she had been waiting. He saw Mae pacing tirelessly and went up to greet her. She turned around right as Tao had gotten close to her.
"Panda isn't here!" she cried out in surprise, falling backwards. He swiftly caught her in arms and held her upright. She blushed and quickly pushed away, walking around him. Mae grabbed her backpack off of a nearby chair and then spoke.
"You are technically late. Don't you want to eat?" Tao scratched the back of his neck, confused.
"You never mentioned that I had to eat with you too." Mae blushed harder, embarrassed. He didn't have to make it sound like a bad thing!
"Whatever I was just worried that you hadn't eaten because you'll need a lot of energy today!"

Tao's POV
Mae sounded miffed. Did I say something wrong?  Tao's stomach growled. Mae had been right about him not eating. He noticed a plate filled with delicious food sitting at the spot where he had eaten dinner the previous night. Mr. Jin walked in and glanced at him with mild interest.
"Mae leaves at 6:30." Tao nodded. "Although that plate was made especially for you, so be sure to eat it before you leave." Tao looked at him, confused.
"Sir? This was made for me?"
The man sat down at the table, and took a sip of his coffee.
"Even though I am perfectly able to afford a cook Mae refuses to let me hire anyone. She believes that you should always cook for the people who are important to you." he shook his head, with a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Her mother was the same way. Anyway, she cooked all of that for you.” Tao felt guilty. He sat down at the table, and hurriedly stuffed down everything. Mae came tripping in.
"it's 6:31! I'm going to be late! Oh good morning." she dropped a kiss on her father’s head, who only grunted at her.
"Your breakfast is in the kitchen." she said as if she knew her father was trying to avoid it."
"I don't eat breakfast." he responded. Mae didn't hesitate. "Yes you do." she then looked at Tao. “We have to leave!" Tao responded quickly, scraping back his chair and striding to the door.
"I'm ready." Mae looked toward his empty plate and smiled.
"Okay!" Mae clapped her hands. "Let’s go!"

*                                                                  *                                                      *                                                 *                                                                             *

Hi guys! I know its been a while and I'm sorry it so short but don't worry, there is more on the way.  Anyway please don't be silent readers and tell me what you think. Thankyou sooooooooo much to everyone who has commented and subscribed. I really appreciate it!!! I love you guys!! :)