Pillow Attack

Bodyguard, my band-aid

 

                Tao awoke to screeching.

“WHY IS THERE A MAN IN THE YOUNG LADY’S BED?” A maid was looking on at the covers, horrified. Tao was dazed for only a moment. Realizing where he was, he bolted out of the bed, careened around the woman and threw himself into the hallway. The maid grabbed the most over-stuffed pillow she could find, and was now chasing the frazzled bodyguard up and down the hallway. He was trying to explain himself as he dodged the wild flinging of the stuffed weapon. The maid, surprisingly fast, kicked the back of Tao’s knee causing him to trip and land roughly on his rear.

“Ow,” he complained. The determined woman attacked him again. Fluffy blows were still raining down when white feathers started to spit from the pillow, suspending themselves in the air. Tao swallowed a feather, causing him to hack. The maid stopped.

“Are you okay?” He nodded. “Good,” she said, and continued.

“What are you doing?” A panicked voice from the end of the hall. The squabbling pair froze.

“Mae!” Squeaked the maid, trying unsuccessfully to hide the pillow behind her skirt. “I found this man in your bed!”  Mae responded calmly.

“I know.” The maid balked.

“Did you two..” Her voice cut off, and her face turned a strange shade of reddish-green.

“Of course not!” Mae objected spitefully. “He is my body guard! He wasn’t feeling well yesterday, so he slept in my room, and I slept elsewhere.”  The woman ducked her head, ashamed for even implying such an outrageous situation could’ve occurred. Tao frowned.

Does she not even see me as a man! Why couldn’t it happen? He scoffed. The maid who assumed that it was at her, glared at him resentfully. He smiled smugly back, feathers sticking to his white teeth.

“Enough you two!” Mae snapped. Gathering her reserve, she smoothed her cream-colored skirt, and regarded them. “Please come down for breakfast.” Then she left, briskly stepping down the steps.

Tao tilted his head, “She seems crabby today.” The maid sent him another hateful glance, smacked him once more in the head with her over-stuffed pillow and followed the young lady. The bodyguard scratched the back of his neck.

“Women are so confusing.”

 

*                                                *                                                          *                                                                 *                                         *                                                    *

I thought this story needed some more fun! :) Leave me some comments please. I want to know how you guys like my story haha