Sleep well

Bodyguard, my band-aid

 

Mae woke up the next morning, with a heavy head. The past few days were a blur. She gingerly pressed her fingers to her eyes, trying to alleviate the gritty feeling. She groaned as she glanced around her room, seeing nothing but fuzzy forms and figures. She shifted uncomfortably under her sheets, sensing she was not alone.   Mae reached for the glasses she’d come to despise.

“Don’t.” She heard a low voice whisper. “Please.”

“Tao?” She heard him shift.  

“Mae, I don’t want you to see me right now. Not like this.”  

“Okay.” Mae gently murmured. She saw his form stand up from the spot he’d positioned himself on. He slowly approached her, stopping on the opposite side of the bed.

“I’m so tired.”  Tao said, not sounding like himself. “I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I don’t know what is happening to me.” Mae climbed out of her covers, grabbing his hand that was limply hanging by his side and urged him down to sit on the soft mattress. Mae pulled Tao into her arms.

“Everything is okay.” Mae whispered into his hair. He gripped her tightly, resting his hand on the back of her head. He could feel her soft skin against his and her chest rising and falling as she breathed. For just a little while, Tao felt his pain dissipate and he was peaceful. His eyes fluttered shut. Mae heard his even breath and helped lower him softly onto the bed. She smoothed the hair off of his forehead, and placed a kiss against his skin.

“Sleep well, Panda.”  

 

*                                                                 *                                                  *                                                                 *                                                                          *

Sorry its been so long, i have been lacking inspiration to write and have been super busy! Here's a little bit for now! Please leave me comments on what you think about my story so far! i really appreciate it! Love you guys!!