Love is expecting the unexpected

What is Love?

 

Yixing ran two steps at a time at the flight of stairs his school has, cursing for the umpteenth time why the school couldn't just buy an elevator when it was very rich. Mental cussing took too much energy so he decided to save it for later when he could catch his breath. Making it to the classroom just the exact moment the bell rang, Yixing made his way to his chair where there was a sweet bun waiting for him.

 

"Good morning, Xing.” Luhan smiled.

Yixing returned the smile half heartedly. "Morning, ge"

Luhan pointed to the bread. “Since I'm guessing that you haven't eaten breakfast, I got that for you."

The younger quickly started eating. “You’re the best gege ever!"

 

         Luhan waved it off and waited for Yixing to explain why he was late. This was already the second time this month and he was starting to get worried. Sehun told him not to worry about it too much but it was hard not to. He knew that Yixing didn't feel that happy in Korea yet and that he was homesick often. As his gege, Luhan felt it was his job to look after him. When Yixing didn't offer him any explanations, he was about to question him when their professor walked in.

 

"Settle down, class. We have a new student coming in." the professor raised his voice over the noise. "Mr. Wu, please come in."

 

       Yixing wasn't paying attention to what the professor was saying since he was too absorbed in eating. He felt Luhan nudge him repeatedly so he directed his focus on what the professor was saying and regretted it. There in front of the class was his blonde god, the guy who had him frozen in the café. It seemed that the guy recognized him too since he flashed him a smirk, maybe a too-goddamn-y kind of smirk that had him blushing in no time.

 

"Hi, I'm Kris Wu." Kris introduced simply.

 

      Kris- the blonde god was named Kris. Yixing questioned his sanity when he found himself praising the simple name and how it matched his personal god. To make things worse -maybe, better-, the professor assigned Kris to sit beside Yixing. Luhan smirked at him while Kris followed quietly but there was an amused glint in his eyes while Yixing. . . Well, he was still trying to learn how to close his mouth.

 

"Yixing, I know you're cute but everyone's pretty much staring at you." Kris mumbled while looking around.

The former finally closed his mouth and let out a stream of questions. "Your name's Kris? I actually expected a Chinese name since Sehun said that we were talking in Chinese the other day. Do you know you don't look Chinese? Well you actually look like an anime or manga character?" Yixing blinked. "Do you even remember me?"

Kris couldn’t help but pinch Yixing’s cheeks. “Yeah, I remember you.”

Yixing could feel the blush form on his cheeks and quickly pulled back. “G-good then. W-well I hope you like our school.”

 

    Kris smirked, looking at the flustered boy beside him. Oh yeah, he was sure he was going to like this school a lot.

 

    The bell for lunch finally rang just when Yixing could feel his brain depleting. Maybe it was just him or was their Biology professor really the devil’s pawn? A quiz about the whole book with just one day to review- who was he kidding? Even a week wasn’t enough for it. Luhan patted his head to bring him back to reality and Yixing looked around to see that they were the only ones in the room. He felt a pang in his heart when Kris wasn’t there too.

 

“Looking for someone?” Luhan smirked at him.

Yixing slowly shook his head, staring at Kris’ chair. “Let’s go eat.”

The older chuckled. “He affected you that much already? Come on; food will cheer you up.”

 

        Yixing numbly nodded and started rubbing his temples. Biology before lunch surely worked up his appetite and as they walked in, he could see that most of his friends were already there. Luhan quickly escaped his side to run over to Sehun who was talking to… Kris? Wait, what the hell?!

 

“YAH, OH SEHUN! GET YOUR TALL HERE!” Yixing just suddenly shouted. Wow, wasn’t that embarrassing?

Sehun chuckled and loped over to his hyung. “You called for my handsomeness?”

Yixing started flailing while pointing to the tall stranger sitting on his spot. “I-is he some sort of ex-boyfriend you didn’t tell Luhan gege about because I am not even kidding here, Sehun, I think he’s a god!”

 

    The younger stare at his hyung before doubling over with laughter. Pretty soon the whole cafeteria was staring at the two of them. Yixing felt frustrated and like he’d been pranked. He waited until Sehun had gotten it all out of his system before dragging him back to their table. The younger had fully returned to normal by then and started explaining.

 

“Hey guys, so I’m pretty sure everyone here’s been wondering who the giant dude is.” Kris scoffed but Sehun just continued. “He’s my cousin from Canada. I was supposed to tell you guys when he walked in the café but he signed at me not to. I guess I can see why. “ He let his eyes roam to Yixing.

Kris cleared his throat. “Hi, I’m Kris. Nice to meet you guys and I hope Sehun hasn’t been much of a nuisance.” He chuckled as he ruffled the younger’s hair.

 

       Everyone around the table openly gawked at the two of them. Sehun already had his own share of fan girls and some fan boys in the school. Maybe it was in their genes. Both were tall and handsome. Luhan was wondering how to approach Kris. He wasn’t sure if Sehun has mentioned him to his cousin so he started fidgeting when Kris looked at him.

 

“Is there something on my face?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

Luhan bit his lower lip, shaking his head. “N-nothing, Kris ssi.”

Yixing pulled an empty seat and brought it beside Luhan. “Are you okay, gege? You look red.”

“I-I’m fine, Xing.’

Kris tilted his head. “Gege? Oh are you Luhan?’

Luhan nodded slowly. “Y-yeah, I am. How do you know me?”

The taller pointed at Yixing. “He told me about you.”

Yixing stared at Kris. “I told you about Luhan gege? When did I?”

Kris rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Sehun. “Hunnie, aren’t you going to introduce your boyfriend?”

Luhan quickly stood up, bowing repeatedly. “Erm let me do it. Hi, I’m Luhan or Xiao Lu. I guess you could call me anything since Yixing said that you’re Chinese too which is weird because Sehun at Chinese so bad. I honestly don’t get how Hunnie could have a Chinese side but I guess miracles happen. Gad, why am I ranting?” Luhan finally stopped to breathe.

Kris stared at the cute man for a whole minute before looking at Sehun. “Is it a Korean thing to rant?”

“Luhan and Yixing hyung are Chinese so it must be a Chinese thing.” Sehun replied, chuckling.

“I’m Chinese but I don’t rant.”

Sehun scoffed. “Fine, fine. It’s their thing- best friend thing.”

Kris nodded then smiled at Luhan, speaking in Chinese. “Xiao Lu, you don’t have to be nervous about me. Sehun already told me about your relationship and he seems pretty happy so I’m not going to say anything. I hope you’ll take care of him though.”

 

       Luhan’s eyes widened before he nodded rapidly. The rest of the lunch went by quickly as Luhan continued to talk more to Kris in Chinese. Yixing was just quietly watching them even though he could have joined in. Kris still made him a tad bit uncomfortable. Maybe it was just him tough since the Xiumin and Chen also started to talk to Kris comfortably. Yixing sighed as everyone started going out of the cafeteria. Luhan, as he expected, was already close to Kris. Who wouldn’t love that deer? He hated what he was feeling right now towards his best friend. He was jealous. He was very jealous. He had never felt this way towards Luhan and it bothered him that someone he had just met made him feel this way.

 

“You okay, Yixing?” Yixing turned around and saw Kris looking at him worriedly.

Yixing sighed. “I don’t know honestly. I feel weirded out by everything.”

“Is it because of me?” The hurt tone in Kris’ voice made Yixing feel so bad for no reason at all.

“No! Please don’t feel bad. This is all on me. This isn’t your fault.”

Kris rolled his eyes. “Don’t sell that crap to me. What did I do? Luhan said you’re usually hyper and all.”

Yixing’s eyes widened. “You guys were talking about me?! Why?!”

Kris smirked, walking backwards while staring at Yixing’s face. “Because you my dear has intrigued me.,”

 

      Those words kept on repeating themselves in Yixing’s head the whole day. He would sometimes try to sneak glances at Kris during class but the latter was always too absorbed in the lesson to even notice. The god, I mean Kris, said he had intrigued him. What about Yixing was intriguing? A lot of people said he was so easy to read and too gullible because of his innocence. How could someone like him be intriguing to a god?

 

     Even when Yixing was going home, he was still thinking about what Kris has said that he hadn’t notice that someone was following him. He only noticed when he saw some kids from their neighbourhood look at his back worriedly. He stopped in his tracks, wondering why someone would stalk him.

 

“Okay, I know I’m handsome but don’t you think stalking me in broad daylight is too much?” Yixing called out.

 

     His “stalker” burst out into laughter and Yixing could hear him falling to the ground. Gritting his teeth in annoyance, Yixing turned around, about to give some piece of his mind only to see that it was Kris. Okay, he felt torn at the moment. On the other hand, it wasn’t a creepy guy stalking him yet on the other hand was Kris creeping on him? He didn’t quite know how to feel if the answer to that one was yes. Maybe it was his ego but he sort of felt good at that possibility.

 

“You’re certainly handsome but I’m not stalking you, Yixing.” Kris said after he had recovered.

“Then why are you here?” Yixing raised an eyebrow.

“I live around here. Didn’t Sehun mention it?”

Yixing made a mental note to kill or at least whack the younger’s head soon. He kept forgetting to mention things about Kris that might matter to him. “Well, he didn’t. Where are you staying? I haven’t seen any vacant places close by.” Yixing looked around the neighbourhood.

 

      Kris pointed to the place just across Yixing’s house. To say it was also just a house would be a bad understatement. The place was a mansion built just a couple of months before. Yixing remembered throwing stones at it because he couldn’t go to sleep because of the noise. It seemed silly now that it was where Kris was going to stay.

 

“This is yours? Wait, I thought some Yifan guy owned it.” Yixing tilted his head.

“Yifan’s my Chinese name. Remember I’m Chinese too.”

“So Kris is…?”

“Kris is my Canadian name. My whole name is Kris Wu Yifan.”

“How do you even determine those kinds of things?” Yixing rolled his eyes.

 

      The taller just chuckled, waving it off. Yixing walked into his house, not expecting that Kris would follow after him. He raised an eyebrow at him but the latter just ignored him. Shrugging it off, he decided to make dinner for the two of them. Not that he was bragging but Yixing was one fine cook. Kris occasionally made his way to the kitchen, sampling some of the food even though they were hot.

 

‘Can’t you wait?” Yixing laughed as Kris fanned his tongue for the fifth time.

Kris made a face at him. “It smelled so good.”

“Are you that hungry?’

The taller nodded, drinking some water. “I haven’t eaten all day. Breakfast, I went over to Sehun’s place because Auntie wanted to check if I was adjusting fine and all that. I barely ate anything at lunch since Luhan was talking so fast.”

Yixing laughed. “I’m going to give you a manual on how to understand Luhan’s fast talking.”

“That sounds like a good plan.” Kris smiled at him which made the younger blush.

 

      The two of them prepared the table while Kris asked questions about Yixing. The latter wasn’t used to being questioned like that so he was quite flustered much to Kris  happiness. They ate in a comfortable silence only to be broken when Kris would praise Yixing for his cooking talents and it made the two of them sad when Kris looked at the clock and announced that he had to go.

 

“It’s getting late. I’ve been a bother long enough.” Kris smiled at him, hesitantly going to the front door.

Yixing wanted to ask him to stay but that would seem silly so he just nodded.

“Thanks for the meal, Xing. You’re such an awesome cook and sorry I ate a lot.”

Yixing chuckled. “You’re a big guy with a big appetite alright. It’s fine.”

‘Goodnight.’

Yixing smiled. “Goodnight, Kris.”

“Yifan.”

“What?”

“I want you to call me Yifan.”

Yixing blinked. “Okay. Goodnight, Yifan.”

Kris smiled; leaning over to kiss the younger’s cheek. “Goodnight, Yixing.”

          

A.N; wow i u_u so sorry for the late update and for this ish chapter. I hope the next chapter would be typed quicker since I already have a solid storyline for it. :3

 

oh and any of you guys interested in rping? I hope you can join our RP. 

check it ou here: 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/212639/powarrior-roleplay-kpop-jpop-cpop-apop-ulzzangs-and-etc-are-all-welcome-the-swag-admins-and-the-powarriors-are-waiting-for-you-kpop-roleplay-facebook-roleplayfacebook-roleplayer

 

I'm Yifan bb here soo... hope you guys can join! :3 *showers you with love*