Love is a Mystery

What is Love?

 

    Yixing mentally scolded himself as he continued making mistakes in his morning part time job. He knew that if Luhan wasn't a personal friend of his, the owner might have kicked him out already. He mentally told himself to stop being so clumsy but then again, it wasn't exactly his control.

 

"Yixing, espresso for table seven." Luhan patted his shoulder to wake him up from his reverie.

"Neh, arasso." Yixing smiled at him and delivered the drink.

 

    Luhan sighed in relief when Yixing finally seemed to back to his usual self. It's not that Yixing was a bad waiter; it's just that when he gets preoccupied, he could be a tad bit clumsy which made him wonder what the heck is on Yixing's mind again. The young man was snapped out of his reverie when he felt someone pat his .

 

'Keep on staring at hyung and I'll get jealous." Sehun pouted.

Luhan's eyes widened before flailing. "Aigoo, Sehun baby, don’t be jealous of Xing. You know I love you more than the whole wide world, right? He's just a friend! Sehunnie!"

 

       The younger pretended to be hurt and walked out with a smirk on his face. Xiumin clicked his tongue watching Luhan fret to himself in the kitchen while watching Sehun smile sweetly to a cute customer.  Yixing rolled his eyes at how childish the couple could be and leaned in to whisper to Sehun’s ear.

 

“Keep this up and Luhan ge might cry.” Yixing murmured then went to check on another customer.

 

     The next minutes were spent watching the couple say cheesy things about each other and not being able to leave each other. Xiumin quickly mumbled an excuse and ducked out of the counter while Yixing had to endure the sickly love oozing from the two of them. He mentally thanked the heavens when the door opened again, signalling a new customer. Yixing quickly went out and stopped at his tracks. He could feel his jaw drop while staring at the young man. The golden blonde hair, that well-toned body and not to mention that stature- Yixing had to wonder if the guy was actually human.

 

“Well, damn. . .” Xiumin suddenly appeared beside him. “Xing, close your mouth. It’s rude.”

Yixing blushed. “I’m sorry, hyung. It’s just. . . “ He looked back at the gorgeous man and saw that everyone in the café was ogling him and for some reason, he frowned at that.

He heard his hyung laugh quietly. “Go take his order before you melt him with your stare. Scratch that, before everyone melts him.”

 

     Yixing looked at his hyung who was just smiling at him. He wasn’t sure how he would talk to a god, well man but with his looks who knows? He might actually be a god that got punished for being too handsome? Is that even a crime for a god? Maybe the other gods got jealous of him since all the goddesses were totally into him. That hardly seems fait though. It wasn’t the guy’s fault he was so damn freaking heavenly gorgeous and handsome and y.

 

“Uhm, excuse me?” a deep voice brought him out of his god reverie.

Yixing nearly jumped when he saw that the guy was just in front of him. He racked his brain for what he was supposed to say and ended up with this. “You’re handsome.”

The guy raised an eyebrow at him and looked at him weirdly. That look alone made Yixing wish that the earth would just eat him up. “Okay? You’re a waiter here right?”

“Y-yeah. Oh right, you want to order.” Yixing blushed more and coughed a little before trying to speak normally. “W-what would you like, sir?”

“A cup of espresso and mocha cake.”

“A-alright then. I’ll, uh, go tell Luhan now.” Yixing scampered off to the kitchen before he could say something worse.

 

        Upon entering the kitchen, Yixing sighed. He was being so silly today. You’re handsome. Seriously, what guy wouldn’t be caught off guard with that? Mentally kicking himself, he gave the order to Luhan who was laughing at how cute his Xing Xing was.

 

“Ge, just make the order please. Stop calling me Xing Xing too. If you and Sehun argue about me again, I am going to lock the two of you up.” Yixing massaged his forehead.

“Sehunnie’s taking orders so he won’t hear. “Luhan smiled. “Do you guys know each other? I saw you guys talking.”

“Who? Oh, do you mean , . .” Yixing trailed off, not knowing how to call the guy.

“Yeah, I mean him.” The older laughed. “Yixing, you’re blushing.”

“I am not! Shut up!”

Luhan shook his head. “Denial already? You guys are just adorable.” Then he handed him the man’s order. “Here, I made this thinking of how cute you are so it should be extra yummy. Ask him his name, okay?”

“Ge. . .” Yixing whined while taking the order.

“Yixing, listen to your gege. You don’t meet a gorgeous guy like that often.”

 

      Yixing exhaled before going out of the kitchen. He was being stupid honestly. Given that the guy was drop dead gorgeous, he was still just a customer and he was a waiter at the café. He didn’t want to give Luhan’s uncle more reasons to kick him out. After putting on a genuine smile, he made his way over to the customer.

 

“Espresso and mocha cake for one.” Yixing smiled and put the orders down on the table.

“Thank you.”

“Would that be all, sir?”

The young man stared at Yixing for a while as if trying to choose his words and finally smirked. “Sit down with me.”

“B-bwo?”

“You heard me. Sit down with me.”

Yixing looked around as if expecting his co workers or at least Sehun to suddenly pop out and say that he’s being pranked. “A-are you serious?”

The blonde chuckled. “Do you always stutter? I must admit it is rather cute.”

Yixing could feel the heat rising to his cheeks. Okay, so the guy was gorgeous and had a nice laugh. “Thanks, I guess.”

“My offer and you still stand.”                 

Yixing hesitantly slipped into the seat across the young man. “What now?”

“What’s your name?”

“Y-Yixing. I’m Zhang Yixing.”

The man tilted his head and nodded. “You’re Chinese, huh? Your Korean is pretty fluent.”

“It should be. Sehun’s been trying to teach me for two years now.”

“Who’s sehun?”

Yixing looked around and pointed at the tall waiter. “The guy over there. See how he looks so cute? Underneath that cute face is an evil mind.” Yixing nodded to confirm his statement.

The younger man smiled. “You have a strong opinion about him, don’t you?”

“Uh, Sehun isn’t that bad. He’s nice and shy to strangers and very ncie to Luhan ge if you know what I mean. “

“I can guess. Which one is Luhan?”

“You can’t really see him since he’s in the kitchen. He’s the cutest, nicest ge ever!” Yixing smiled brightly, showing his dimple.

 

     The man across him seemed startled and leaned over to trace his dimple which made Yixing freeze. The blonde man didn’t seem to notice and just went on caressing his face. Yixing’s heart was hammering against his chest and he prayed that the other couldn’t hear it. Seriously though, the blonde god, I mean guy, should stop before Yixing do something he’ll probably regret later like kissing him.

 

“Yixing. . .” the man slowly pulled away. “It was nice meeting you but I have to go. Give my compliments to Luhan okay?”

 

     Yixing stayed rooted in his seat as the man casually pecked his cheek and went off. He’s convinced that he’ll wake up later and find out that this is all some amazing, mind blowing dream. He was still waiting to wake up until Sehun whacks the back of his head.

 

“Yah, hyung. The chairs are for the customers not for you. Get your up.” Sehun said.

Yixing blinked and slowly faced him. “Sehun ah, am I dreaming?”

The younger raised an eyebrow. “Hyung, are you on drugs?”

Yixing frowned, standing up. “Even in my dreams, you’re as snarky as ever.”

“Only Luhan hyung can dream of me and hyung, you’re not dreaming.”

 

      Yixing stared at the chair across him, remembering the man occupying it just a few minutes before. Just remembering him brought a smile to the man’s face.

 

“Oh by the way, what were you guys talking about earlier?” Sehun asked.

“Why were you eavesdropping?”

“Aish, hyung, stop answering my questions with another question. It couldn’t even be called eavesdropping since I couldn’t understand. You were both speaking Chinese.”

“We were? I didn’t notice that.” Yixing blinked, trying to remember. Oh, that’s why he was speaking more comfortably.

Sehun frowned. “You’re so clueless sometimes.” Then he smiled. “So, what’s your charmer’s name?”

 

     Yixing stared at the younger in horror before facepalming himself. He had forgotten to ask the guy’s name. He couldn’t believe how stupid he was.  As if sensing his hyung’s distress, Sehun patted his back..

“Don’t worry about it. Just ask him next time okay hyung?” Sehun smiled.

 

       Soon after, Yixing wondered how Sehun knew they were going to meet again.

 

    

A.N: I'm so sorry for updating late! College is... college e___e anyway here's the first chapter! :3 I'm so sorry if it wasnt that great :c I'll try to improve next time and also, sorry for making bb sehun quite evil. <3 I love him with all my heart tho :)) 

 

anyway hope you guys can comment! I sarang youuuu~