Love Is Trust

What is Love?

 

          Yixing leaned against the window, tapping his pen impatiently on the desk. Kris was absent today and he didn’t know why. He had the feeling that it was because of him. The thought made his heart feel heavy. He knew he shouldn’t have said yes when Kris asked him out when he knew that there was a big chance of him not being able to come. Luhan could be very clingy when he and Sehun fought. Speaking of Sehun, the younger had avoided him and his boyfriend for the past two days like they were some kind of virus. Yixing was determined to corner the younger until he got some answers.

 

        Lunch today was strangely quiet. Usually Luhan would try to fill up the silence with mindless chatter but even the doe eyed boy was quiet. He looked around longingly, probably wondering where Sehun was.  Xiumin was getting antsy at their silence and fidgeted continually in his seat.

 

“Damn it, hyung, sit still!”  Luhan snapped in irritation.

Xiumin frowned. “Why don’t you just go and apologize to Sehun already? We all know you’ll make up sooner or later.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong!”  Luhan insisted. “He should apologize first.”

Chen sighed. “Of course, the great Luhan can do no wrong.”

Luhan glared at him. “Yah, what’s that supposed to mean?! Yixing, back me up here!”  Luhan shook him.

Yixing looked up from the food he was moving around. “Hm? What? Oh yeah, yeah, whatever.”

“What’s up with you?”  Xiumin sighed. “Is it because Kris is absent again?”

At the mention of Kris’ name,  Yixing visibly flinched and looked away.

“So, it is about him.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Xiumin hyung.”  Yixing sighed and stood up. “I’m going to the library.”

“Since when do you go there?” chen asked doubtfully.

“Since . . .”  ‘Kris taught me there so I want to go there’  Yixing thought but he just let the sentence trail off.

 

     Without another word, Yixing headed to the library. He sat down where he and Kris studied for their test. It was only a few days ago yet it seemed like an eternity since Yixing had seen him. He placed his head on the table, bored. He didn’t really need to do anything but he didn’t want to hang around the cafeteria anymore. He nearly jumped when someone tapped his shoulder. He looked over and saw Luhan.

 

“You shouldn’t have scared me like that, Luhan.” Yixing sighed.

Luhan took a seat beside him and studied his face. “You miss Kris,don’t you?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Do you regret standing him up?” Luhan looked at the shelves of books. “You know you could have said no to me.”

“You know I won’t do that.” Yixing frowned.

Luhan looked back at him seriously. “Tell me why, Yixing. Don’t tell me you’re still in love with me.”

Yixing gasped as if Luhan had just slapped him. “Luhan . . .”

“You know I love Sehun. I may not be the best boyfriend in the world but I do love him. We agreed that we’d be doing . . . whatever we’re doing without getting attached.”

“I know that.” Yixing mumbled, looking down.

“Then what’s wrong?”

Yixing clenched and unclenched his knuckles, not knowing how to phrase it. “I guess I did get attached.”

Luhan patted his head. “Yixing,you’re my best friend that’s why I offered it to you. Don’t fall in love with me. You know me as much as I know myself. You know that you don’t deserve what I’m doing, not that Sehun does.”

“Then, why do you do it? What is it that Sehun lacks?” yixing was shocked that he had asked.

Luhan stood up abruptly and glared at him. “Do not ever ask me that again. You’re my best friend not my mother. You’re not supposed to be judging me!”

 

     Yixing watched as Luhan stormed off the library, earning lots of stares. No one had seen Luhan with that mood before and it was honestly scary. Yixing sighed and massaged his head; he knew he was going to apologize to Luhan sooner or later. It was his weakness of sorts.

 

“You sure made him angry.”  A silent voice commented.

Yixing put a hand on his heart to calm it down. “What the hell, Sehun?!”

“I could say the same thing to you,hyung.” Sehun sat down where Luhan sat moments ago.

Yixing looked away from the younger’s judging eyes. “I thought you were mad at me and Luhan.”

“I was and still am. I’m mad at Luhan for reasons and I’m mad at you for a longer list of reasons.”

Yixing raised an eyebrow. “What did I do?”

Sehun scoffed. “You know you could have texted me earlier. Kris hyung was nearly freezing when I got there.”

“He waited for me?!”  Yixing’s heart throbbed unevenly.

“Well, what did you think? Hyung’s a man of his word.” The younger sighed. “Even a little kid pitied him. He looked that bad.”

 

   Yixing looked down, guilt eating him away. Kris had waited for him. He waited even though he wouldn’t answer any of his calls or messages. Now he understood why Sehun had avoided him. He couldn’t believe that he could do that to Kris. Kris seemed so nice and was always very helpful to Yixing and this was how he repaid him. Unknowingly, tears started to fall down his face.

 

“Don’t cry. Kris hyung hadn’t shed a tear over you. Don’t you dare cry.” Sehun said through gritted teeth.

Yixing hurriedly wiped his tears. “Where is he?”

“He’s at my place.”  Sehun stood up. “You know, hyung thought you were different. I told him that you’re not but he believed in you anyway. Guess he’s not that smart after all.”

 

      Yixing felt like complete the whole day. The teachers would snap at him to pay more attention in class but he just couldn’t. His thoughts kept running back to what Sehun had said and what it meant. Kris believed in him. Why would he? They had just met yet he trusted him. He groaned aloud; his head was going to split in half because of this. Class ended and he slowly made his way out. He saw Luhan standing by the gate,no doubt waiting for him.

 

“Are you okay,Yixing?” Luhan asked as he took Yixing’s hand in his.

Yixing nodded numbly.

Luhan sighed. “If you’re worrying about earlier, it’s okay. I’m not mad anymore so smile for me, okay?”

“You’re not mad?” Yixing raised his head.

“Yes, baby, I’m not mad anymore.” Luhan grinned at him.

 

           Yixing still looked troubled so Luhan did what he usually does. He kissed away all of Yixing’s troubles, hoping that his touches would be enough for the younger. It had always been; Yixing reminded himself. Yet he knew that this time it wasn’t.

 

“Yifan . . .” Yixing whispered as he saw the man walking out of his house.

Kris looked up, surprised then looked away. “Hey.”

Yixing didn’t know what to do. He wanted to apologize but the words got stuck in his throat.

“Bye.”  Yifan hurriedly said and was about to go in his car when Yixing back hugged him.

“Please . . . don’t go.”  Yixing gripped his shirt tighter.

Yifan turned around. “Yixing . . .”

“Don’t go. Don’t leave me.”   Yixing sobbed softly.

 

          Yixing found it pathetic that after what he did, Yifan was still the one comforting him and he was the one crying. He tried to tell himself that he was being stupid and that he should stop crying but that just led to another batch of tears. They were now curled up on Yixing’s bed while the younger cried on Yifan’s chest.

 

“I didn’t know you were a crybaby.”  Yifan quietly remarked after Yixing calmed down.

Yixing sniffed. “You were absent for two days. Are you okay?”

A shadow passed over Yifan’s face and he stiffened. “I-I’m fine.”

Yixing sat up and pouted. “You’re lying tome”

“That makes the two of us.”

Yixing looked down. “I’m sorry about standing you up.”

Yifan nodded but didn’t say anything.

“I’m really really sorry, Yifan. Sehun told me you were staying at his place.”

Yifan sighed. “Yeah,I am.”

“Why? Do you hate me now?” yixing said in a small voice.

The taller leaned back in the bed and stared at the ceiling. “I want to know why.”

Yixing wanted to ask why what but he already knew. He fiddled with the edge of the blanket, looking away from Yifan. “Sehun said you waited for me even when it got cold.”

“Yeah I did so I think the least you could do is explain why.” The older said coldly.

“Luhan needed me.” Yixing  mumbled.

“Luhan? Why is Luhan that important at you?”

Yixing sighed. “He just is.”

“He has sehun though I don’t know why Sehun stays with him.”

Yixing glared at him. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Then,explain,goddamnit!  Sehun’s with Luhan but with all the things that he had said was enough for me to not even want to think about Luhan. You’re best friends with him but there’s obviously something more to you guys.”

Yixing stood up, anger pulsing in his veins. “You want to know?! Fine, you asked for it! Sehun and Luhan are together because they love each other. Luhan isn’t easy to satisfy though so he always wants attention! You want to know what’s going on between Luhan and I? okay then, Luhan and I have ! We’ve been doing it for a while now!  Are you happy?!”

 

                    Yifan’s mouth fell open. He didn’t know what to say. Yixing fell down on the bed, drained out from his confession. Tears were running unchecked on his face. He thought that Yifan would leave him now. Well he wouldn’t even give him crap for it since he deserved it but instead of doing that,Yifan laid down beside him and comforted him.

 

“It’s okay,Yixing. Let it all out. I’m here for you.”  Yifan murmured as he held Yixing close. 

 

A.N: This chapter is so short .___. wow I'm sorry~ Hopefully the next one will be longer. ;) so yeah this goes hand in hand with the rpevious chapter since this one is sort of Yixing focused. ;3