Love Is Found, Not Searched For

What is Love?

 

      Yixing’s  mouth slacked open after hearing what Kris had said. Was he serious? He accepted it just like that? Yixing himself couldn’t believe the situation he was in. Maybe Kris wasn’t human after all.

 

“I hate you. Stop being so ing perfect and hate me too.” Yixing hit Kris’ chest weakly.

Kris just rolled his eyes. “When I said let it all out, I didn’t mean it like this.”

Yixing wiped his tears and stared at the taller. “Are you for real? There’s no way that you could accept it just like that.”

Yifan shrugged,looking away. “It’s not that I’m okay with it. I don’t know why you’re doing it and I have no idea why it’s easy for me to understand. Maybe . . . maybe Sehun was right.”

“What did Sehun say?” 

“That’s between me and him.”  Yifan looked back at him. “How long have you guys been doing  it?”

It was Yixing’s turn to look away. He casted his eyes downward. “Even before he and Sehun were together.”

“Why?” Yifan asked in a small voice. “Why do it? There has to be a reason, Xing.”

Yixing didn’t speak and just continued staring at the mattress.

“You wouldn’t just have with anyone unless … “ Yifan’s eyes widened.

 

       Yixing looked up then seeing all the hurt in the older’s eyes. His body ached to touch him, make all the sadness in his eyes disappear but he just continued to stare at him. Yifan stood up slowly, shakily. He kept his eyes hidden behind his hair while he gathered his things.  Yixing opened his mouth but no sound came out of it.

 

“I’m sorry. “ Yixing whispered. It was too late; Yifan had already left.

 

         Kris didn’t know where he was going. He started driving aimlessly an hour ago and it was getting late yet he didn’t want to stop. How could he have been so stupid? Getting cheated on was one thing but not noticing what was happening right before you was another. Maybe he just wasn’t meant to be happy in love. With a grunt of frustration, he pushed the car faster into the depth of the night.

 

“What the hell did you do to Kris hyung?!”Sehun cornered Yixing just as he was about to enter the classroom.

“What do you mean?” Yixing whimpered. He had never seen this side of the younger and it was honestly scary.

“Don’t act dumb, hyung!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” Yixing defended.

Luhan came out of the room and pulled Sehun away. “Hunnie, people are staring. Stop it.”

Sehun shrugged him off. “Don’t touch me.”

“Hunnie . . .” Luhan’s eyes started watering.

“Don’t call me that either.” Sehun looked at the floor.  “You guys should be happy together. You deserve each other.”

 

         Sehun stalked off to his room before anyone could say anything. Luhan sobbed quietly. Were they over for real now? It couldn’t be. Sehun wouldn’t just give up on them, right?  Yixing watched his best friend helplessly. He knew in his heart of hearts that he was still in love with Luhan but Kris . . . Kris made him feel things  he had never felt before even with Luhan. Yet he was afraid. Maybe it was better that he kept his feelings to himself. The two of them entered the classroom with their minds occupied by a million thoughts.

 

“I’m going to talk to Sehun.”  Luhan announced as he and Yixing headed to the cafeteria.

Yixing furrowed his brows. “Do you think that’s a good idea? He seemed pissed off this morning.”

“That’s why I can’t let this go on any longer.”   Luhan stared at him. “I don’t want to lose Sehun.”

Yixing nodded. “Good luck.”

Luhan sighed. “And I think we should stop . . . whatever we’re doing.”

“Why?”

“Yixing, I love Sehun. I’m going to lose him if we keep on doing it. I don’t want that to happen.”

Yixing grabbed his upper arm. “And what about me? So after you’re all lovey dovey with Sehun I’m just going to be casted away?!”

Luhan gaped at him. “Yixing, what the hell?! We weren’t supposed to get attached remember? That was the deal. It’s not my fault if you can’t keep your side of the bargain.”

“Bargain?!  You make it sound so callous! Luhan, look me in the eye and tell me you didn’t feel anything at all during the times we were together.”

Luhan stared straight at him.  “I didn’t feel anything at all. There I said it, happy?”

“I love you, Luhan! Just be with me. I can make you happier than Sehun can.”

Luhan pushed him away. “Watch what you say, Yixing.  I don’t like it at all.”

Yixing leaned against the wall, feeling shaky. “Luhan . . . I never stopped loving you. From the moment that we met until now, I still love you.  Why can’t you see me that way?”

The  older’s eyes softened and he cupped Yixing’s cheek. “I’m sorry, Yixing but I know that Sehun’s the person I want to be with. Nothing’s going to change that.”

Yixing hiccupped, not saying anything.

“Besides, you don’t love me that way anymore. Open your eyes and see who you really love. Don’t wait until you lose him to realize it.” Luhan pecked his cheek then went off.

 

          Yixing decided to cut classes and just go home. He couldn’t believe the things coming out of his mouth earlier. All those things . . . he had promised to himself that no one has to hear them ever. He was contented being Luhan’s best friend so why had they come out? A small part of him knew the answer. He had kept it in for too long. Maybe a part of him was wondering what would happen if he did man up and confess to Luhan. It was probably his stupid and reckless part. He stared at the picture of him and Luhan back before Sehun had transferred.  He was even blushing in the picture. 

 

“Luhan . . .” yixing mumbled as he reached for the picture.

 

        Luhan was someone he was so natural with. Everything with him had been easy and so uncomplicated. If they would get together, nothing much would change. It was that simple. Did he really want that? Yixing couldn’t say for sure. He had never been in a serious relationship before. The vibration of his phone snapped him out of reverie. He flipped it open and felt his heart drop to his stomach as he read the message.  He ran out of the room, dropping the picture he was holding. The glass broke into a thousand pieces but Yixing didn’t even turn back. There was something more important he needed to do.

 

From: Lulu gege~

     Sehun doesn’t know where Kris is. He might have left for Canada.

 

        Yixing cursed how impulsive he could be. Sure, he could grab his jacket on his way out but leave it to him to forget to bring his phone and his wallet. He had a hunch that he even left the door wide open. He wouldn’t be surprised if there was nothing left in there when he returned. Shrugging the thought off,he continued running to Sehun’s place. Luckily he’s been there a couple of times or else he would have been lost and with no way to contact either Luhan or Sehun, that spelled bad. His thoughts were already a tangled mess without that problem. What did Luhan mean? Kris was missing? Yixing knew that if that was to happen then it was all his fault

 

“Sehun?!” Yixing threw the door open which was hard since the door was fifteen feet high.

Luhan and Sehun’s heads snapped up. “Did you just . . . “

“Yeah, I opened the door by myself. Now tell me where Kris is.”

Sehun sighed. “I already told Luhan: I don’t know. He hadn’t texted me or picked up my calls at all. I thought you’d have a better guess than me.”

Yixing sat down across them. “I don’t know .  .  . I’m sorry.”

 

 

        Sehun heaved another sigh expecting as much. This had already happened before when Tao and Kris had broken up. Maybe his hyung had a thing for disappearing after heartbreaks. Last time, Kris had disappeared for over a week with no contact with anyone. The thought made him grimace. Hopefully the older wouldn’t disappear for that long.  They could only hope and wait.

 

      It was easier said than done. Yixing wanted to round every corner in Seoul until Kris was found but Sehun objected to it. He said it was stupid and that Kris will turn up soon enough. Yes, but how much longer? Yixing felt anxious every single day and he would stare at every tall blonde in hopes that it was Kris. He would tear up a little everytime he got it wrong. It was all his fault that Kris was gone and he couldn’t even go look for him. well, screw that. What Sehun didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him.

 

“I know what you’re thinking,Yixing and please trust Sehun already.” Luhan sighed as they were going out.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Yixing denied easily.

“You want to go look for Kris. I can see it in your eyes.”

“Why can’t you just let me go look for him?! This is my fault anyway!”

Luhan stared at the sky. “I promise to trust every word Sehun says.”

“Your boyfriend’s wrong. Kris could be hurt and he wouldn’t even give a damn.”

Luhan glared at him. “Don’t you dare say he doesn’t care about Kris. He had been calling him non-stop but he still wasn’t answering. You have no idea how bad Sehun feels!”

Yixing fell down to his knees. “I know. I know Sehun loves Kris but Luhan . . . I can’t lose him. I’ve never felt this need for anyone before.  He accepted me. He accepted all I am. He loved me with his whole heart.”

Luhan crouched down and wiped his friend’s tears. “Oh, Yixing, you’re in love with him! You’re in love with him just as I’m in love with Sehun.”

 

         Yixing’s mouth fell agape then he nodded slowly. He had finally found the person that made him feel like he didn’t need to change, that he didn’t to fight for anything. He could be plain old Yixing and Kris would still be there. Now that he had found him, there was no way he was going to let Kris go.

 

“Master Sehun, someone’s here to see you.”   An old maid knocked on Sehun’s door in the middle of the night.

Sehun groaned. The maids knew he didn’t like getting his sleep disturbed. “You already know what to do.”

Then a surprising voice was heard. “I’ll take it from here, ahjumma. Don’t worry. He won’t kick me out.”

The younger quickly sat up and his eyes widened as Kris walked in the room.

“Hey, cousin dear. Missed me?” Kris smiled as he sat down on the bed.

Sehun was in shock. Kris came back. Kris finally came back. “You . . .” sehun hurled a pillow at him. “You ing bastard! Could you please stop disappearing after every lover’s quarrel you experience?! Some of us have better things to do than worry for you, thank you very much! Do you know how many hours of sleep I lost because of you?! And why the hell didn’t you answer any of my calls?! You have a phone for a ing reason and it’s not to take selcas!  Why do I have such a stupid cousin like you?!”

Kris chuckled and pinched his cousin’s cheeks. “It sounds like you missed me a lot. To answer everything you’ve said, first, since when do you call me a ing bastard? Second, I’ll try not to. Next, no one told you to worry about me and besides you already know this is a habit of mine so I didn’t think you’d lose sleep over it. And last, I turned off my phone and when have I ever used my phone to take selcas?”  Kris pulled Sehun in a hug and kissed his forehead. “I’m your cousin because we watch out for each other.”

Sehun couldn’t help but laugh, hugging his hyung back. “You’re so dramatic, hyung. Welcome back.”

“Glad to be back, Hunnie.”

Sehun pulled away. “You need to talk to Yixing hyung.”

Kris raised an eyebrow. “I thought you didn’t approve of me and Yixing together.”

“You don’t listen to me anyway.” The younger sighed. “Besides, he’s a wreck without you. He’s worse than I am and that’s saying a lot.”

“He loves Luhan.”

Sehun shook his head. “I think he finally realized that he loved you more. Luhan and I are back together again by the way.”

“Why doesn’t that surprise me?”Kris rolled his eyes. “I don’t know, Hunnie. Is Yixing sure?”

“What did you do while you were gone? Wallow in self-pity or did you finally come to realize that you were going to fight for Yixing hyung anyway?”

Kris smiled, lying down. “You already know the answer. Night,Hunnie. We have school tomorrow.”

 

        Yixing walked slowly as he entered school. He felt so down here. Maybe it was because he practically thought of Kris every corner of the place. The others have tried cheering him up but it was to no avail. It was obvious that Kris’ return was the only thing that could bring back his sunny self once again. When he entered the room, he was met by Luhan’s loud and not so manly squeal. He raised his head slightly as Luhan grabbed someone in a tight hug, no doubt nearly knocking the breath out of him. But the sight of the said person did manage to knock the breath out of Yixing. Kris was back. Holy freaking crap, Kris was right in front of him again!

 

“Yixing, look who’s here!” Luhan exclaimed after Kris successfully pried him off.

Kris just stared at him with an expressionless face.

Luhan walked over and pulled Yixing’s hand, leading him towards Kris. “Come on. Say hi.”

“Y-Yifan . . .” Yixing whispered.

A smile tugged on the older’s lips. “Hi, Xing.”

Yixing broke out into a sob and he tackled the taller man in a tight hug. “Don’t you dare leave me again! You don’t make someone fall in love with you then disappear, okay?! “

 

        By then the whole class was listening to Yixing’s confession. Yixing couldn’t have cared less. The man he loved was in his arms again and that’s what’s important. He was going to make Kris officially his even if he had to go through heaven and hell for it. As he felt Kris sneakily press a kiss along his neck, he knew that maybe he didn’t have to go through that extremes.