7

The First Wife.

"I won't fight for your attention because if you love me, I shouldn't have to." 

 

 

"Kris, Eun Hee what would you like for dinner tonight?" Hana asks the 'couple' who gave her confused looks in return. It was the first time they were ever asked about dinner, so for them it isn't normal at all.

"Omma why are you asking us?" Eun Hee asks, feeling her stomach flip for some unknown reason. 

"Because tonight is your engagement party and it wouldn't be a party if you won't have you favorite in it." Hae Jung answers, giving Hana a secret smile. 

"Engagement party?" Kris and Eun Hee asks wide eyed at the same time.  

"Yes, what would you  like us to call it? Before-the-wedding party?" Hae Jung jokes.

"Wait, I thought the engagement party is not until two weeks from now. Wh- what's happening? why is everything suddenly so rushed?" Kris asks looking a little pale.

"Well, there's been a change of plans. Two weeks from now would be the wedding that's why we finalized everything today." Hana answers.

Through out the whole exchange, Eun Hee remains silent looking away every once in a while. She didn't know what she was feeling. She admits she likes Kris and is falling for him but She doesn't understand how Kris feels. One minute he's sweet and the next minute he acts cold and distant and immediately takes his phone out. In the back of her mind, she knows Kris is talking to someone special. 

'A possible ex-girlfriend.' Eun Hee thinks, feeling a wave of jealousy wash over her.

'But it's not like I have any right to be jealous if ever he did have a girlfriend ... After all I ruined their relationship.' She thought to herself suddenly feeling guilty about their situation.

"Eun Hee!" Hana screams to get her attention.

"Mianhe, What were you saying?" She asks, her cheeks tinting red due to embarrassment.

"Stop being absent minded Eun Hee that shows lack of manners!" Hana scolds, ignoring her question.

"Hana-ssi gwenchana! we all space out sometimes. Eun Hee as we were saying, tonight, your engagement party will be held here in our mansion so that means you would be changing here." Hae Jung says, smiling at her.

"Wait, what do you mean change? Isn't this engagement party strictly close friends and family only?" Kris asks, looking very irked.

"Of course not! we can do that sometime three days before the wedding! The party tonight is for close business partners, the press and some friends." Hana answers.

"The press?" Eun Hee asks, starting to feel over whelmed.

"Yes, we haven't announced your engagement yet and tonight we will also be announcing the merging of both our companies." Hae Jung answers.

"The party will start at  6 o'clock both of you have two hours to get ready. Eun Hee your gown is in one of the guest rooms, we'll be helping you get ready with some make- up artists and Kris your suit is in your room. Your father and Jae Wan, Eun Hee's dad, will arrive an hour from now and will discuss things with you. Is that understood?" Hana says giving both Kris and Eun Hee a stern look making it impossible for them to protest or even ask a question. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Yeppeuda!" Hae Jung gasps, staring at Eun Hee's reflection on the mirror.

"Kamsahabnida." Eun Hee shyly thanks, bowing her head and is slightly flattered.

"My dear daughter you look beautiful." Hana compliments for the first time, which shocked Eun Hee.

'Do I really look good?' Eun Hee asks herself and brings her head up and closely stares at her reflection in the mirror.

Her eyes traveled from her hair which was tied into a French ponytail with the ends curled, leaving it to flow beautifully down her back. Down towards her face, which had light make up and gave her a soft glow making her look almost angelic; towards her beige strapless gown which hugged her upper body then flowed freely from her hips down to the ground with a soft silk like see through cloth you'd think was made for royals. 

"Kris wouldn't even think of her once he sees you." Hae Jung mutters silently only for herself to hear.

"What was that?" Eun Hee asks, thinking Hae Jung was talking to her.

"Oh nothing dear, I just said Kris wouldn't even want to leave you tonight." 

"He better not, I'm sure there would be a lot of handsome young men tonight wanting your attention." Hana adds.

"This is an engagement party, they'd have to be stupid to not understand that I'm already engaged." Eun Hee points out making both the mothers smile.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kris, tonight I am officially handing my only daughter to you. Please, take care of her." Jae Wan says, squeezing Kris's shoulder.

"I promise I will." Kris answers with out hesitation but is feeling very hesitant.

'Mianhe, but my plan is nothing but to hurt your daughter.' He thought.

"Son, I'm very proud of you." Pyo whispers, giving his son a pat on the shoulder. Kris nods giving his dad and Jae Wan a smile.

"I have something for you." Pyo suddenly says to break the awkward silent they entered. 

"I'll go ahead." Jae Wan announces to give them privacy.

He produced a velvet box from his tuxedo pocket and handed it to Kris who was silently watching.

"This was the engagement ring I gave to your mother when we were arranged to be married-"

"Wait, you- you were arranged too?" Kris asks full of surprise. It seemed like they weren't arranged at all; His parents are so happy.

"Yes, didn't I tell you? Everyone in our family from our ancestors were arranged and for some reason everyone ended happy and in love." 

"What's your point dad?" Kris asks.

"This ring, didn't only belong to your mother, This belonged to your greats, as weird and stupid as this is, I believe this ring would give you good luck and a happy married life. It's been passed from generation to generation and now it's your to give to Eun Hee."

"When do I give this to her?" Kris asks, thinking it's part of the party.

"Son, you give it whenever you feel like it's the perfect time." With that, Pyo exited the room and left Kris thinking to himself. Kris looks at the box in his hand and slowly opens it revealing a ring with a silver band and a medium sized diamond in the center. It was simple but it held beauty in it's own way. 

"I don't think I can ever give this to her." He said out loud. 

"Kris, it's time, pick Eun Hee up from second guest room in the west wing, we'll be waiting downstairs." Pyo informed through the door.

Kris quickly closed the box and places it inside his tuxedo pocket but instead of leaving the room, he gets his phone and calls Tiffany.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Tiff, where are you?" He asks.

"I'm on my way, I'm just figuring out what to wear." She answers, choosing between and orange and a pink dress.

"Wear something formal, apparently this is my engagement party." He informs.

"You seriously want me to go to your engagement party?" She asks, dropping both dresses.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't know until this afternoon." 

"Arasso, I'll be there." 

"Good, because I have something special to give you and I have to go, bye I love you." Kris says fast and hangs up, knowing Tiffany would ask what that something special is. 

Kris exited the room and made his way towards the room where Eun Hee is and knocked.

"Coming!" Eun Hee called, hurriedly putting her pumps on.

Eun Hee opened the door, only to leave Kris stunned into silence. 

'Since when did she start to look so beautiful?' Kris wonders silently, staring at Eun Hee. The gown was beautiful, intricate patterns embedded on the corset like tube top;with the transparency of the bottom part leaving Kris in a state of wanting to see more.

Eun Hee on the other hand was staring right back at Kris, taking in his appearance. His hair was it's usually y messy do and he was sporting a black tuxedo with a tie that matched her dress. To her, he looked handsome and this cause her to blush and look away.

'Kris, remember your plan. Stay in check!' He screamed silently to himself. ing his hand out to Eun Hee for her to accept.

"You look beautiful." He whispers, leaning into her making sure to brush his lips against her ear.

"Th-thanks." She replies, looking away and biting her bottom lip.

'Okay a little more effort and she'll be falling for me in no time and then I can break her heart.' 

They walked towards the hall silently hand in hand until Kris decides to it up and apologize. 

"Eun Hee-ah." 

"Hmm?" 

"Mianhe, I was a jerk a while ago, it's just everything is happening too fast." He confesses, stopping in his tracks and turning to face her.

Eun Hee gave him an encouraging smile and squeezed his hand.

"It's all in the past now and you aren't the only one feeling the pressure. trust me." She saying laughing it off. 

"So future Mrs. Wu are you ready to face the alligators?" Kris asks, changing the topic.

"Nope." She answers blushing.

"You'll have to face them anyway." Kris says, giving her a peck on the cheek once again making Eun Hee blush for the millionth time.

 

 

HEY!!!!!! SO HERE'S AN UPDATE! :)))) OKAY, SO I DON'T DESCRIBE GOWNS WELL... FORGIVE ME... :( I'LL UPDATE REAL SOON CAUSE YOU KNOW THE STORY IS STARTING TO FORRRMMM!!! :))) and i know there are typos so... i'll edit this when i have time :)

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!