End.

Eyes on me.

 

It's been a year and he didn't look back once. It took everything in him to avoid looking back. He never set foot inside EXO or Two Moons again.

 

He still sang though, because it's the only thing that's keeping him sane. He was right, he got his big break. He could finally slow down, but he doesn't. He keeps running. He works as much as he possibly can, filling up every second of his time with something, just so he wouldn't have enough time to think.

 

The wound hasn't healed but it doesn't hurt anymore. Just as long as he doesn't touch it. So he keeps running.

 

"I'm so proud of you, Yeollie. You did it! You've finally released your own album!" Baekhyun ruffled the taller's hair (with some difficulties) and smiled. Chanyeol responded with a weak smile.

 

"Hey, Chanyeol. You ready to go?" Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo, his assistant, a soft nod and followed him to the car. Baekhyun looked at the back of his friend with a woeful frown.

 

Although Chanyeol wasn't the best liar, he was actually doing a pretty good job. Baekhyun could see that the usual, wide smile on his best friend's face was still pretty much the same. But the one thing he couldn't cover up was the sadness in his eyes. They were empty and lifeless. They no longer gleamed with happiness like they used to. And it was getting worse.

 

Baekhyun sighed deeply, closing his eyes in pain.

 

***

 

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Chanyeol snapped back to reality and turned to face Chen, who was smiling at him. Chanyeol blinked and smiled nervously.

 

"Yeah. Everything's...really good." Chen laughed at the boy, who clearly didn't know too much about art.

 

"It's a shame that the artist couldn't make it today, otherwise I'd introduce you to him." Chanyeol nodded and turned back to the painting.

 

All this art was making him dangerously close to thinking about Kris. He couldn't understand why he agreed to this. Maybe deep down, he was still waiting.

 

Chanyeol shook his thoughts out, his brain was ordering him to do so. He is definitely not allowing himself to hope.

 

Hoping for Kris would only end in disappointment. Chanyeol's heart didn't have space for that anymore.

 

Whatever reason it was that convinced him to come here, didn't matter. This would all be over soon. He only needed to grit his teeth through the opening of the new exhibition and sing one more song. He could handle that, right?

 

"And now, a speech from Mr. Kim MinSeok, the director of MAMA Art Institute."

 

The conversation in the hall died down and guests in frocks and tuxes gathered at the stage, where a man was stood with a warm smile.

 

"Good evening, ladies and gentleman, and welcome to the grand opening of a new exhibition by a bright new star. Tonight, we celebrate the wonderful works of a wonderful new artist, who, unfortunately, couldn't be here with us tonight. Nevertheless, I assure you that tonight, would be a night to remember.

 

"In his place, another new star has joined us this evening to present to us another type of art - music. Please give a round of applause to our special guest tonight, Mr. Park Chanyeol!" The guest threw their applause in Chanyeol's direction, who paid no attention to the speech until now. He stood with his mouth slightly open and blinked.

 

"That's you." Chen whispered with a smile and nudged him forward.

 

With a small stumble, Chanyeol joined MinSeok on the stage and bowed to the guests. He stepped backwards and prepared for his performance.

 

"Chanyeol's performance was a special request from the artist. He believed that it would enhance the theme of his exhibition, which is to feel. The artist, which I have to say was a lovely young man, left me a message to briefly explain the purpose of his works. The works on display tonight are his treasures, his deepest love. Please don't just see the colours with your eyes, but feel his passion with your hearts. And I think that sums up everything that needs to be said, so without further ado, it is with my greatest pleasure to pronounce the exhibition officially open!"

 

That was Chanyeol's cue to start singing. He sang a song by Adele, one with the same title as the exhibition - Make You Feel My Love.

 

The red, velvet curtains were triggered by his voice and they revealed a set of brightly coloured paintings, which caught his eyes.

 

He observed the paintings whilst he sang, and even with the little knowledge he had in art, he knew that they were beautiful. There were numerous paintings of coffee, all with a foam leaf. Sketches of books and headphones. Paintings of smiling lips. Canvases filled with a pair of soft brown eyes, those same eyes over and over again. They all looked strangely familiar to him.

 

He held his breath.

 

It can't.

 

A large photograph stood out from the colourful art, because it was the only thing in black and white.

 

And of course, he knew what it was even before he set eyes on it. Of course.

 

It was that same photograph that blinded him one year ago.

 

Tears fell down his face uncontrollably as he finished his song and an eruption of roaring applause filled his ears.

 

He ran.

 

He knew exactly where he would be.

 

***

 

By the door stood someone familiar, who gave him a sad smile.

 

"He's been expecting you." Chanyeol followed Lay's eyes and saw someone on the stage. His old stage.

 

There was a man, stood where he used to stand alone.

 

He was singing that song. Their song. The song that started it all.

 

I kind of liked it your way, how you shyly placed your eyes on me.

 

Oh did you ever know, that I had mine on you…

 

At that very moment, he finally understood.

 

Kris had waited.

 

Waited for the day that Chanyeol would finally see him. Finally see the way that he loved him.

 

He loved him. Loved him so much that he gave up his two most important things in his life for him.

 

He gave up art. Everything that he's ever been working for in his whole life, he gave up for Chanyeol.

 

And he gave up the chance to see Chanyeol's eyes. Those brown orbs that kept his heart beating, he gave it up.

 

He gave it all to him.

 

Chanyeol fell on his knees. The man stopped singing and flinched at the sudden noise.

 

Chanyeol howled, tears drenching his face. The man's face turned into a deep frowning one and he fell to his knees too, searching frantically with his hands.

 

Chanyeol desperately crawled towards the stage, choking on his every breath.

 

His hands found him in his endless darkness and he held him, those familiar long arms wrapping naturally around his waist. Their bodies shaking violently.

 

He kissed him roughly, eager to feel those soft lips once more.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Chanyeol mumbled repeatedly through the kiss. The man just ran his fingers through his hair and hushed him.

 

He placed his eyes on him. His beautiful brown pupils were searching in those dark ones. He found nothing but emptiness. They were looking at him, like they always were, but Chanyeol knew that he couldn't see him anymore.

 

He fell into his embrace and cried.

 

"You're an idiot. A ing moron." Chanyeol was hitting him in the chest while the other just shrugged. They stayed down on the floor, holding each other like the were the only thing keeping each other alive.

 

Kris pictured Chanyeol's features whilst tracing them out with his hands. He imagined his bright smile and closed his empty eyes. He thought about those beautiful soft brown eyes, the ones he fought to save. 

 

It was all worth it.

 

He could finally feel his own heart beating again.

 

"Why?" Chanyeol whispered childishly, but he already knew the answer.

 

"I love you."

 


 

Yay it's completed! :D Please excuse the mini- in the middle. I hope I haven't ruined the story with my crappy and lazy writing style :/

I hope you liked it! As I've mentioned in the foreword bit, I know it's stupid to subscribe to a oneshot but if you liked it, please subscribe anyway so that I can count that as a good review. Comment with feedback as well please! Thanks! :)

The MV that this story is loosely based on is Because I'm a Girl by Kiss. It's an amazing song and an amazing MV, so go watch it :D

That's all! Thanks for reading! Mwah <3