Chapter 2

Vampire Exo

Yoon Mi smiled as the faint smell of roses made their way through her nostrils. Roses have a very sweet smell, almost like a bright spring day. Her mum had once said that she was like roses. Always refreshing but never overpowering. She brings light to people who only know how to appreciate her, not for people who only see her pricks and thorns and not the delicate smell hidden behind.

   It was a bright Tuesday morning. Everyday before going to school, she would stop by at the flower shop she work at just to smell the scent of roses that lightens up her mood. "Ahjumma, I'm going to school first!" She shouted at Min Seok Ahjumma, the shop owner. Min Seok Ahjumma just waved at her as she was too busy arranging a bouquet of white roses.

   Yoon Mi took a deep breath before taking a huge bravery step inside the class which was of course, very loud. Ever since the pretty boys transferred here, the school had gotten quite.. lively. Obviously, the school was craving for some eye candy. Even the teachers were astounded by the beauty and the charms of the pretty boys. She, too was in need of some eye candy to get rid of her boring days at school and torturing students.

   But she wanted someone who was not in the centre of attraction but still stood out from the crowd. Someone who she can stare at peacefully without thousands of death glare shooting back at her. She sighed. Dear prince, wherever you are, please come and save me.

   Her beautiful daydream was cut short as she felt a slight poke at the back of her head. Looking down, she saw a pink paper plane on the floor. She picked it up and read through the contents slowly. Could there actually be anyone who likes me? She felt herself went pink.

   All too suddenly, someone snatched the pink letter from Yoon Mi in exasperation.

   "Yah! It's mine!" Yoon Mi rose to her feet almost immediately.

   "Yours?" Yuri snorted. "Now why on earth would it be yours? This.. belongs to my oppa. Luhan oppa." Yuri threw a look full of loathing at her.

   Yoon Mi was stunned and speechless.

   "Yah, you don't actually think that this is for you is it?" Yuri's voice increased an octave, "YOU don't think you have a fan, do you?" She widened her gaze at her in disbelief.

   She bit her lips in fury. She felt everyone's eyes on her. "I.. I.. I'm sorry," she finally croaked through the embarassment.

   Yuri smirked. "Yah, if sorry is enough, then why would there be police in the world?" She flipped her hair, feeling good after finally being able to say one of the best quote from the hit drama Boys Over Flowers.

   "Unfortunately enough," Luhan voiced out from behind Yoon Mi. "I hate boys exactly like that Gu Jun Pyo and definitely enough, girls exactly like that."

   I.. I didn't know he sat behind me..

   "Oppa!" Yuri couldn't hide the look of disbelief on her face. She looked at Luhan in fury and Luhan replied by shrugging at her. Yuri and her friend threw one last disgusted look at Yoon Mi before storming out of the class. Lay winked at Yoon Mi to reassure her and she had no idea of to react with that.



   The prestigious and beloved school bell finally rang. The class was finally over. Yoon Mi couldn't be any happier. Tuesday means.. swimming! She was so happy that she was almost skipping while on her way to the school's swimming pool. She hummed as she changed into her swimming suit and felt a beyond comprehension feeling as she dived into the water. The roses soothed her, the water made her feel safe ; the secret to getting on with life without anyone else's company.

   The afternoon was supposed to be perfectly fine. Everyone else's afternoon was supposed to be fine, but clearly not Yoon Mi's. It was after she was done with her swimming practice, releasing every single tension both physically and mentally, she noticed her school clothes were no longer inside the locker in the changing room. She went panic, she didn't bring any extra clothes for change! Oh God, what is next? She kneeled in front of the locker, feeling the single drop of gried welled up in the corner of her eye and suddenly the dam broke.

   Himchan and Zelo laughed while going to the restroom. "Yah, the amount of payload given by Yuri was inexplicable. It certainly outweighs the job we have to do, don't you think? Ah.. going to this school is heaven." Himchan smirked.

   "Yeah, all we have to do is just steal that Lee Yoon Mi's clothes while she was swimming, and wham! 100 bucks in our hand!"

   The toilet's door burst loudly, revealing a godlike figure behind it. Himchan and Zelo both stopped their wicked laugh. Kris eyed the two of them intensely and grabbed hold of the collar of their school uniform.

   "What the hell is wrong with you?" Himchan shrieked at Kris.

   "Malhaebwa," Kris commanded. "What the hell did you both do to that student?"

   "We.. took her clothes while.. she was swim-" Zelo was cut off as he was thrown by him across the restroom, breaking the mirror along the way.

   Kris grabbed hold onto Himchan's collar so tight that the latter was choking. "Don't ever think of bullying people anymore or I'll break your neck." He said in his low, commanding voice before finally walking off and sprinting to the swimming pool, fighting the urge to turn back to those boys and drain them out of blood.

   Gasping for air, Himchan managed to utter, "Yah, who the hell is he trying to stop us?"

   "He likes her maybe?" Zelo replied as he was trying to make sure his hand didn't break.

   "Yah! Say something logical! Maldo andwae.." Himchan barked off as soon as he got his voice.

   Yoon Mi felt herself stiffen as someone wrapped her shoulder with a dry towel. She felt the pair of hands helped her to a seat. Still sobering with tears, she just stared numbly at the floor.

   Her wet hair.. Her exposed body.. Her fragrant smell.. Kris could feel the fresh blood running through the veins inside her. Oh, if he could just sink his teeth.. Kris stood up with anxiety and disappeared in a swift movement. He put his hand on his chest, trying to calm himself down.

   Not exactly in a rational state of mind, Yoon Mi changed into her school clothes in slow motion. She didn't bother to look at the person who left her school clothes beside her on the seat as she was still in 'despair mode'. With hair dripping wet, she dragged her feet to a vending machine at the school corridor to fetch herself something warm. She looked up to see somebody staring intensely at the vending machine as if it was going to explode.

   Lay was still trying to figure out how to work this thing out as it appeared to be broken and the juice pouch was stuck. He looked around to see if there was anyone before breaking the vending machine into two and his gaze fall upon a girl with wet hair and messy school clothes who was staring at him blankly. Oh God, that vein.. Lay swallowed hard.

   Yoon Mi walked towards the vending machine and gave it a slight hit. The juice pouch came out easily. Lay looked at Yoon Mi in amazement. He grabbed the juice pouch and was about to hand it to Yoon Mi when he saw the latter was already turning her back on him. He stared fervently at the girl's back. Why are there so many weird things happening to her.. Lay wondered to himself.

   As soon as Kris got home, he immediately went to the storage room which was located at the ground floor. The storage room was sealed with many locks on the door and the grill or even the door were certainly ain't made of simple material. Inside the storage room, there was a fridge where people usually find at the market to keep the ice cream or meat. But Kris's family doesn't keep the same thing as normal people in there. They keep.. blood bags.

 

*Ngeheh. Some boring chappie huh? >:D

*Let's be patient for a while dear subbies ;) -evil thoughts coming in- muahaha