Chapter 1

Vampire Exo

The rays of sun shine through them blinds leaving rows of sungarden on Yoon Mi's bed. The morning was blazingly hot and the girl sat up straight almost immediately after glancing at her alarm clock. Crap, I'm late for school. She rose to her feet and immediately grabbed the towel which was hanging stiffly on the coat hanger. Feeling slightly dazed, Yoon Mi grabbed hold on a chair and stood still to stabilize herself. Nanoseconds later, she dashed towards the bathroom and freshen up herself, opening up the sleeping caves inside her body.

   She wasn't much of a fashion-fusser but she glanced through the fashion magazine once in a while just to keep in touch with her inner feminine side though. She chose a knee-length skirt with a pullover top paired with Hepburn flats. Leaving a few strands down, she braided her hair a French-style-braid. Yoon Mi hoisted her bag onto her shoulder and gave herself one last look in the mirror before going through the hell of a day at school.

   Yoon Mi took a deep breath before entering the school. She had always loved her school, Seoul High School. It's just the students.. weren't all that friendly. It had already been the second year out of three but she still hadn't find herself a friend, a true friend at the school. As she walked through the school corridor, heading to her first class of the year, somebody walked past her, bumping her shoulder hard along the way. She didn't even bother to look back to see who it was as the guy who bumped her didn't even bother to say sorry either. Yeah, bullies. It wasn't all that severe, *some other students got drowned in the school toilet* but still, she wished she the other students would just leave her alone so that she can go to school without any worries or get back home without a cut at the end of the day.

   Yoon Mi kept strong at school because back then, her parents would always welcomed her back home with bright smiles over their crinkled face. But now that they were gone, she had some serious thoughts on transferring to other school. She would have done so if she wasn't in her rational state. One of the few reasons she couldn't transfer was her love for swimming. It was hard enough to find a school with perfect facilities for swimmers and she couldn't just ditched it after she found one considering the amount of efforts her dad took in order to make sure she got enrolled to that school.

   Questions about money resurfaced too. Transferring to other school means spending money. Moving to another house means another money. With the amount of money she got from her part time job at the flower shop down the street, the idea of moving doesn't seem to benefit her in any way. Not that she's too reserved by money though since she came from a moderate family. Her father was a primary school teacher while her mother opened a small stall selling rice cakes in front of their house. With her dad being a government servant, Yoon Mi received a monthly payment when her dad passed away. It was enough to pay for her school studies and everyday needs but Yoon Mi felt it was better to have some savings.

   There was a chaos at the school cafeteria during recess that day. Usually it was because of some special menus such as sirloin steak or top-of-the-notch lasagna so Yoon Mi didn't bother to look up. Leaving the school cafeteria hastily with the books clenched tightly on her chest, her unbreaking gaze from the floor kept her from noticing a tall figure walking directly towards her. She lost both her balance and her grip on the books but the tall figure managed to prevent the books from scattering on the floor with a swift movement.

   Kris had just returned the books to the girl when a sudden gust of wind triggered the whole alert system in his body. Holding his breath to stop the scent from entering his nostrils, he immediately turned around and walked off in haste.

   Yoon Mi was about to look up when she saw the guy who helped her had already his heels away from her. She blinked several times, scrutinizing the guy's back as the figure walked off. It was undeniably perfect. Tall with broad shoulder and undeniably well-toned muscles. She shook her head to dismiss the image of the godlike figure. Too perfect to be true..

   She went straight to her classroom after the embarassing idle thoughts and was horrorstruck to see her class was crowded and was in total chaos too. She had to say 'excuse me' for like, a thousand times to make way through the crowd. She never thought she would be this glad to see her desk and her chair. What the chaos was about, she didn't have time to ponder through as the female class teacher had burst through the door with a torn appearance. Well, apparently.. the security into getting to this class had gotten a little.. stricter.

   Slightly panting, the teacher managed to flash a smile toward the class. "I see that everyone has gotten to know our two new princes today." Miss Sia gestured toward the two boys sitting at the right far end of the class. So that's why the whole school had gotten into a total havoc today. The boys were shining like angels coming straight from heaven. "But still, I would like to invite the two boys to introduce yourself to the class?" Miss Sia smiled brightly as the two of them made their way to the front with the girls practically drooling over them. The other boys couldn't help but to feel completely stunned by the beauty of the two princes.

   "Annyeonghaseyo. Luhan imnida. Please take good care of me.." The guy with round and cute face smiled while bowing, making the girls drool even more.

   "Annyeonghaseyo. Lay imnida. Please take good care of me too." The guy bowed and smiled slightly, making the girls melt seeing his dimple.

   Oh God, sure it is hot, but can you guys lower down that volume a little? I'm getting deaf here.
   

   Tao slumped his luggage on the silk rug covering the wooden floor. Luhan threw his gaze around the lavish living room as he sat himself on the black leather sofa. Lay went to join Luhan on the sofa with his eyes fixed on the grand white piano near the huge window. Xiumin appeared seconds later with a cheese bun in his mouth while Chen propped onto the sofa casually. Kris walked his way to the boys with a slight curve at the end of his lips.

   "Tallest ceiling ever, lovely crown molding, two flights of spiral staircases, pricey things all over the place, and the least I could count are 10 bed bedrooms put together, each with a bathroom of its own. Heated pool, hot tub, man, this house is the best one we've got." Chen smirked at Xiumin.

   "Thank you for stating the obvious." Xiumin who was put in charge with searching for houses everytime they had to move casually continued to eat his bun. It wasn't that hard as money certainly wasn't the problem and he had been on these for like, 2 centuries and a half.

   "I especially love the pool man." Chen continued.

   "So that you could bring some few hot girls inside, ain't that right?" Luhan smirked at Chen who replied with a wink.

   "The grand piano is a total beauty," Lay said, not taking his eyes off the piano.

   "Yeah, let's just hope it'll last for.. a few months, hyung." Tao smiled sarcastically at Lay. They always had to replace their piano with the new one because apparently.. the piano was too vulnerable whenever their fight were too much of an intense fight.

   "Yah! It's not me who goes around breaking all stuffs inside the house! Say that to Luhan and Chen." Lay defended himself.

   "Uhhuh. So.." Luhan turned his eyes to Chen.

   Chen, who caught Luhan's gaze, replied, "Let's break it."

   Lay's eyes widened as he yelled, "Ya ya yah!". Everyone in the living room burst in laughter. Kris stifled a laugh too.

   From the eyes of a normal people, these boys were simply a bunch of normal teenagers. Who knows their age is more than 2 centuries and that they are one of the most dangerous creature who bear ineffable dark secrets?

   Of course, the girl named Lee Yoon Mi didn't see it coming.