Chapter 8

Vampire Exo

Yoon Mi was in awe. It was a clothing shop. Inside, it was lavish and the look was simply mesmerizing. Hundreds-or even thousand- of clothes hung perfectly at their own section. Evening dresses, silk dresses, you name it. And then the thought came in to Yoon Mi.

   "Wait." She said quietly.

   Kris frowned at her.

   "You're not taking me to the ball."

   And the lips curved up again. "Yes, I am."

   "You- you can't, I mean, I don't even have anything to.." her voice trailed off as the thoughts sank in. "Wear.." She finished her sentence anyway as Kris gave her a problems-solved-you-have-no-excuses-now look.

   Yoon Mi sighed in resignation but she couldn't help but smile back at Kris. She couldn't dismiss the fact that her heart was beating of anxiety too. It was a place she never dreamt of entering. It was beautiful. The interior design was definitely extravagant. It suited the thousands of elegant dresses hung at each of their own sections. The shop was very spacious and Yoon Mi wondered why she never knew of this shop's existence.

   Well, that's because you are too busy bury your head in the books, drowning yourself in the swimming pool and working your bones off everyday.

   Yoon Mi shook her head at Kris and the latter grinned, revealing his perfect white teeth. "I'll give you some privacy." He said and smiled before disappearing to the males' section which would definitely be full of suits and tuxedo. Yoon Mi wondered how he would look like wearing a suit. He could surely pull it off easily.

   She never really had the actual knowledge on fashion but she could definitely tell what's pretty and what's not. She moved from one section to another ; evening dresses, silk gowns and many others. She found it hard to tear her eyes away from every dresses. All of it were simply stunning and beautiful.

   Later, Yoon Mi found herself at the wedding dress section. All of the dresses were pretty, but one had specifically caught her eye. It was beautiful. The dress was an all-over ivory lace, mermaid silhouette gown with an empire waist and little cap sleeves in lace as well. At the empire waist, there was a dark pink velvet 'ribbon' with a formed bow at the back. The dress was silvery white and it was the most stunning dress Yoon Mi had ever seen.

   Her heart sank. Flashes of memories of her parents went through her mind.

   The dress looked exactly like the one her mother wore when she died. While she was counting her days of living, she hung her wedding dress at one side of the house and looked at it everyday, as if wondering what she should do about it. One day, she finally wore it and that was the very day she reunited with Dad in heaven.

   It was a painful memory. Seeing her Mom every day but she was actually never there. It broke Yoon Mi's heart to see her mother gave up living her own life. She sank to the floor. Her hands clutching the dress tightly to her chest. She could hear the tiny and faint voices around her as the sales' assistants panicked to see their customers fainting in the shop.

   I don't think anyone has ever faint in a clothing shop. Or maybe they never had such a breathtaking dress that made their customers faint.

   Yoon Mi fought hard to keep her tears at bay. And she did it. But not until she felt the pair of cold fingers wrapped around her. The dam was broken as soon as Kris pulled Yoon Mi into his embrace. She couldn't bear it anymore. And she let it flow relentlessly.



   "Yoon Mi, wake up." Kris's soft voice woke Yoon Mi up. She squinted her eyes, trying to adjust to the surrounding. She sit up to see Kris's concerned face greeting her. She smiled up to him and his gaze soften at her. "Hey. I'm glad you're awake."

   As far as she was glad to see him too, Yoon Mi was far too curious as to know where she was. "Where am I?"

   Kris's lips pursed, as if looking embarassed. "Umm.. It's my room. I'm sorry I brought you here, you fainted and I didn't know-"

   "It's beautiful." She cut him off immediately because it was true. It was way too beautiful.

   Kris's face was wary before his lips curved up into a smile. "Thank you, Miss Lee Yoon Mi."

   His smile was so beautiful and infectious that Yoon Mi's lips unconsciously curved up into a smile too. "Your bedroom.. Does this means I'm in your house?" She frowned and the thought suddenly came rushing in. "Your family? Your brothers? I'm not ready-"

   "They're not home." He smiled reassuringly and a hint of amusement hid behind that smile.

   "I'm sorry. It's not that I don't like them or something. It wasn't anything like that. I'm just.. shy to face them. I don't know you," she shrugged before continuing, "I just don't know you long enough. I'm sorry."

   "I know. And I want to get to know you more soon enough." A genuine smile flashed through his beautiful face. The words embraced Yoon Mi as if pulling her into a big hug, comforting her. She rose to her feet and walked towards the verandah through the transparent double door that lead her to the beauty of nature. The windy breeze caressed her skin, sending shivers through her spine.

   "You're cold."

   "I'm.." she sneezed. "Fine," she finished.

   "You're a bad liar." He grinned as if he had just discovered Yoon Mi's dirty little secret. He took off his navy blue jacket, revealing a well toned muscles underneath the white wife-beater shirt. He slid it on her shoulders with one fluid graceful movement. They stood in silence for awhile as Yoon Mi inhaled the fresh air and savour the moments of staring at the green scenery laid out in front of her. "I'm sorry for what happened in the store. I'm just.." and she spilled out every single moment of her life before she met him.

   Yoon Mi didn't know where her courage came from. She didn't even knew why she strongly believed in him. She felt safe and completely secure when she's with him. It was like she'd known him for decades. Strangely, she felt really drawn to someone for the first time.

  "I'm sorry." Kris said after a moment. He had listened to Yoon Mi with complete focusy, his eyes never leaving her while she stared down at her knotted fingers, spilling her sadistic life to someone who was barely an acquaintance to her.

   "I'm fine. It's just a past of mine. I just want you to know how I grew up in this world. It wasn't really a bad memory, just a bit sad and painful." She shrugged. And she suddenly felt Kris's cold fingers, briefly making touch with her cheek before tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. Though a bit surprised -part of it was because of the sudden skinship, another part is because Kris's fingers are even colder than the cold air- she could feel the tenderness in Kris's action. She didn't want to break the moment but she suddenly felt the urge to go to the toilet.

   "Can I.. use your bathroom for a second?"

   "Sure. Through that door."

   "Thanks." Yoon Mi said and pushed herself through a wooden but neatly carved door that brought her to such a shocking sight. 'Wow,' Yoon Mi mouthed. This is even bigger thatn my own house. She gulped as her eyes traveled through every single corner of the bathroom. There's a bath tub, a shower, two sinks and clean-white porcelain bowl hidden behind a glass. She went deeper into the room and took a quick look at a small wooden wardrobe placed at a small corner. She then later found herself at another door which might lead to another room. She wanted to kill herself for her curiosity but quickly brushed the thoughts away. As soon as she pulled the doorknob, she regretted her decision in that instant. What greeted her was the sight of a beautiful creature who was only half-, shaving his chin. Crap. Curiousity does killed the cat. Yoon Mi thought.

 

 

*MY GOD! I'm soooo sorry for haven't been able to update for so long! I was too busy for events at school!
*IDK if you guys are interested, but honestly on the first week, i got busy for sth named eco green carnival, and then my school's mega carnival. and thennn, sports day T____T sad life isn't it?
 but anyways... i hope you guys stay tuned reading this fic :)