Chapter 3

Vampire Exo

   The look of grief on her face. The tiny ray of hope that anyone would come and reach out to her. Kris saw it. Kris felt that. Kris knew that feeling. Kris wanted to come to her but something held him back.
   The fresh blood running through the veins. The delicious taste of blood. The instinct of a murderer. A predator eyeing its prey. Kris knew these feelings too. But this time, Kris was sure it wasn't the same feeling he had when he was hungry and felt the need to sink his teeth into anyone's neck. It was different and Kris could sense it.
   Yah Kris, what is this? Kris put his hand on his chest, feeling the same anxiety he had when he saw the girl named Lee Yoon Mi yesterday. Is this what people feel when they fall in love? Am I actually falling in love? What am I even thinking? This is what we call the aftermath of living for more than two centuries and never feeling in love. Kris shook his head to dismiss the inevitable yet strangely pleasant thoughts.
   "Hyung," Chen called out as he peered through the door. "What are you doing shaking your head like that early in the morning? Hurry up or we'll be late."
   "Neh." Kris said simply and gave himself one last look in the mirror. His golden hair fitted his head perfectly. The brown French-style coat that covered his light blue shirt made Kris stood out even more. Perfect. Like everyday else.

   Wednesday had always been one of Yoon Mi's favourite day because Wednesday has curricular activities in the afternoon and of course, Yoon Mi is in the swimming club. So every Wednesday, no matter how bad the day actually goes, Yoon Mi could always endure it. Well, Wedneday could hardly seem to look bad to Yoon Mi as the way she looked at the day was a little too optimistic.
   Yoon Mi thanked God that everyone appeared to have forgotten about the little scene of flying love letter yesterday but she was still embarassed with the two pretty boys who sat behind her.
   "Annyeonghaseyo everyone!" The ethics teacher, Miss Seo Yi Soo came into view. "Today, I would like to ask you students to work in pair."
   "Ssaem, can I pair with you?"
   The class burst in laughter while the teacher rolled her eyes. Yoon Mi looked up to see who it was ; So Yi Jung, the class's bad boy. Yoon Mi groaned and buried her head in her books. She hated working in pairs the most. The teacher started to call out the names and put them into pair.
   "Lee Yoon Mi!" Yoon Mi looked up. "Luhan."
   The class went in total chaos. The girls all had a disbelief look on their face.
   "Ssaem, you're impossible!" Yuri shrieked but the teacher ignored her.
   One of the best thing about Miss Seo Yi Soo is that she is one pretty teacher and very kind hearted. And obviously, she doesn't give a crap about those cracked up girls. But then again, why pairing ssaem?
   The teacher just smiled as the every student in the class groaned and made a face. "So, I hope everyone will put all their effort in the projects and cooperate with each other. Okay?"
   "Ne.." The class replied slowly. Miss Seo skipped as she was on her way out of the class. Happy to have bullied the students.
   It took a whole lot of Yoon Mi's courage to stand up and talk to the boy sitting behind her, Luhan.
   "Excuse me," she said.
   Both Luhan and Lay turned at Yoon Mi. "Hmm?"
   "The project.." Yoon Mi looked down, not daring to meet their eyes. She could already feel the glares from the other girls. "It's okay if you don't want to take part. I can.. do it alone." Truthfully, I don't want you to help. I don't mind if I do it alone. I'm fine if you take all the credits too.
   "Wae yo?" Luhan asked as Lay kept his gaze on the girl. She helped me yesterday..
   "I.. I.. don't need your help." Crap, now I sound like I'm boasting.
   Luhan fell silent from the reply. Lay knew exactly why Yoon Mi said that. Lay then threw his hand across Luhan's shoulder. "You know, my friend here doesn't like to take all the credits alone. So, like it or not, he will join in the project." Lay said matter-of-factly.
   "I'm a pretty good partner, you know." Luhan grinned at Yoon Mi then waved at her as he and Lay turned to leave Yoon Mi.
   What a.. nice person. Yoon Mi can't help but to smile back. Oh, crap. The girls are in rage. Yoon Mi turned around and thousands of death glare are shooting back at her. She sighed.

   The school bell rang. Since it's Wednesday, the students stayed back at school for curricular activites later in the afternoon.
   "Ahhh.. luckily I brought these for lunch!" Yoon Mi smiled at the cheese bun in front of her. Sitting alone in the cafeteria was never a bother to her but having bad lunch does.
   "Uuuu! I wanted this yesterday but it was sold out at the bakery near our house!" A guy shouted while pointing at Yoon Mi's bun.
   Yoon Mi looked up to see a beautiful guy looking ecstatic. His name tag said Xiumin.
   "Yahhh.. it looks so delicious." Without another word, Xiumin grabbed the cheese bun from Yoon Mi's lunchbox and finished the whole bun in like, 5 seconds. Yoon Mi was speechless and astounded. You have the nerve to finish my special cheese bun on this very special day without leaving even a small portion for me? Aish, this jerk. I don't care how pretty you are but this.. is.. too much.
   But of course, Yoon Mi only said that in her mind. She sat there, speechless as she watched Xiumin his fingers. Goodness, why.. she could have cried at that second.

   Kris who watched from afar, stood silent watching Yoon Mi's reaction. At first, he was anxious to have bumped into the girl named Lee Yoon Mi at the cafeteria but he soften as he saw her trying to endure everything. Why does she has to bear everything by herself? Don't she has any friends? Kris sighed at the thought of Yoon Mi and also Xiumin. Aish, that guy. I can't believe he's a vampire. What is the use of having a huge sum of money when you go around taking foods from people?
 

   Yoon Mi was in the fitting room at that time, changing from school uniform into swimming suit when she heard the noise coming from the school corridor outside the changing room. Moments later, she froze inside the fitting room when a guy suddenly crept inside, slightly panting. She wanted to shout, but the guy was quick enough to clasp his hand on . She looked at him, bewildered then turn to search for his nametag. She barely managed to see his name when the guy immediately covered his name tag. But Yoon Mi managed to catch the word Chen tough.

   The guy was breathing hard with an exhausted look on his face. Chen mouthed 'Please' at Yoon Mi and held down his hand when Yoon Mi seemed to have calmed down. Chen gulped. He felt sorry for barging into the fitting room but he had no other way of escaping. He felt even more sorry looking at the girl's innocent look. But he also felt sorry for wanting to sink his teeth into this girl's neck. The amount of distance between him and the girl was too close that he could clearly listened to the girl's heart beating very fast. Not to forget the blood flowing smoothly through the veins and the arteries..

 

*i wanted to update long long time ago but my internet connection OTL

*mian. hereee it goes :D