Chapter 7

Vampire Exo

   "Hey," she called. When he didn't look up, she lifted his chin, mirroring his actions from before and planted a soft lingering kiss on his lips.


   Yoon Mi looked down, flushed in embarassment. She stared at her knotted finger while Kris stood rooted to his spot, frozen. After a moment of silence, Kris exhaled a long breath, almost sounded like a sigh. Kris's eyes were wary and guarded. Yoon Mi looked up to him in anxiety.
   What did I do? Did I do it wrongly?
   "Yoon Mi, you, you shouldn't- you can't, you can't.. have.. feelings for me. It's not good for you." Kris said as his eyes closed in exasperation.
   The words struck Yoon Mi like a lightning. What did he meant by that? He wants me to leave him? Is that it? Is that what he wants? She stared at him in horror, stupefied by the rigid warning from the beautiful creature in front of him.
   Kris opened his eyes and remorse wrapped around him as he saw the pain on Yoon Mi's face. He realized his words were harsher than he intended to and far too harsh for the fragile girl in front of him. "I'm- I'm sorry. It's just.. It's better this way." Me liking you from afar without you knowing my existence.. so that you'll stay safe and secure.. far away from my bloody lust.. The words remained unspoken. "Believe me. You are better off without me." His tone was softer.
   Yoon Mi didn't know how to react. I don't understand. Okay, I admit it. I actually do understand. But I'm too scared to admit it. He doesn't want me. Of course, no one is sane enough to like me. And to think that I had once thought that he wants me.. or like me.. sickens me to death. I could probably be the ugliest girl ever existed. And he.. well.. no words could obviously describe his perfectness. He is just... perfect.
   "Hey," he called softly. "This isn't about you. This is about me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you." The words were very comforting. It soothe Yoon Mi's broken heart as if he could read through her mind.
   How can it not be about me? Yoon Mi scoffed. Of course, my name would already be encripted on his infinite list of rejected girls by now.
   "Stop that."
   What?
   "Believe me. This is not about you."
   Yoon Mi was far too shocked for the words to comfort her anymore. She stood motionless, for a few moments. And then she started to walk away from Kris. Wounded, Kris ran his hand through his hair. His face showed thousands of emotions at once. Sad, mad, remorse, shock, pain, everything.
   

   By analysing the state of shock she was in, Yoon Mi was scared. Scared of her own feelings. Other people made it look so easy when they fall in and out of love. Their first love was something they joked about. But it was definitely not for Yoon Mi. Was it because she fell for the wrong guy? Was that why she felt like she was  damaged beyond repair? Will she ever be able to overcome her feelings?
   Yoon Mi shook her head, dismissing the unpleasant contemplation a while ago. She was lying wide awake on her bed on that early school morning. Thinking about problems early in the morning is very unhealty, she thought, so she leapt up from her bed, grabbed the towel and disappeared to shower. Nearly 20 minutes later, she stood in front of the long, wooden mirror. Her eyes were puffy from her crying last night. Her eyebags made their appearance as a result for her lack of sleep. She looked worn out, tired and exhausted though it was only the start of the day.
   I have to be strong. She put on a smile as bright as she can and prayed the school wouldn't be such a nightmare to her.

   Yoon Mi put her head down all day to avoid anyone's gaze. Even though it wasn't exactly a new thing to her, but still, on other days, she could still look up a few times every now and then. During class, she could feel the intense gaze from the two boys behind her, Luhan and Lay. But Luhan looked extremely furious throughout the day. Yoon Mi wondered if Kris told her what had happened and she buried her head in her books every time she thought of the extremely humiliating moments.
   When the class bell rang, Yoon Mi stood and turned to ask Luhan if anything had gone wrong but he had disappeared before she even called his name. But Lay smiled warmly at her while shaking his head. He asked if she was okay, and when she replied with a nod, he smiled reassuringly and disappeared the next moment.
   The following day was even more frustrating. Luhan and Lay was absent from school. And then she heard the conversation of the fangirls ; the whole family was absent from school. Did they moved to another school? Was it because of me? The thought was unsettling.
   And that was the first night she dreamt of Kris.
   In the dream, the blue sky was flawless under the shining sun. Yoon Mi was at the already deserted street in front of her school. Across from her, Kris was standing beside his white sports car, looking beautiful as always. Then a black van went past Yoon Mi, breaking her gaze from the beautiful creature in front of her. She looked up to see the sky had suddenly turned gray. She looked down again to see Kris was standing in rage, his eyes burning with fury. She screamed when she saw Kris spitting and threw a disgusted look at her. NO! She screamed.
   And then she woke up, slightly panting. She gasped for air and decided to hunt for some water. was burning. And that's when her nightmare started.
   There was quite a chaos at the school cafeteria that day. Yoon Mi glanced around to see none of the pretty boys were there. I guess they're still absent, huh?
   "Hey you." Yoon Mi looked up to see the 'y' Choi Eun Ji a.k.a the girls' club president passing out a flyer to her.
   Yoon Mi took it but said nothing. It was always better to shut up around her.
   "There's a charity ball to raise a fund to upgrade the schools' facilities. There will be an auction so you can donate any high value stuffs like diamonds or.. 2NE1's signed guitar or.. any valuable stuff. I mean, high valuable stuffs. Not that you can afford the entrance fee though, let alone the dress you have to wear to fit in. Well, I just don't want you to feel left out so I decided to fill you in." She smiled a way-too-sweet-for-the-devil's smile and briskly walked off.
   Yoon Mi threw a disgusted look as she read through the contents of the flyer.

   You have been invited to Seoul High School Charity Ball.

   Entrance fee : 30 000 Won.
   Dresscode : Formal.
   Theme : Masquerade (Every guest has to bring their own masquerade mask)
   Place : Big Hall

   We promised for your full time entertainment and pleasure, ladies and gentleman.

Entrance fee, 30 000 Won? Are they crazy? No, they're not. They're just lots of freaking rich people who threw party all the time. And that is entrance only. The dresscode.. I definitely couldn't afford it. Yoon Mi sighed. She had never entered this kind of school party, ball, or dance party. And the auction? What could I donate? My blood? Yoon Mi looked around the cafeteria once again. Everyone else was busyasking out their partners for a date. That was usually the time she felt the loneliness.
   Yoon Mi's thoughts drifted to Kris that evening while she was working at the flower shop. She was holding a handful of mixed lilies. The theme is masquerade so everyone should wear a mask. That means nobody would know if it is me, right? But having no partners would make people get suspicious of me. So Kris.. Would you come? Won't you come? Part of Yoon Mi told her to stay at home and study. But another part of her told her to get a life and try to make some high school memories.
   That night, she dreamt of Kris again. He was wearing a tuxedo. Stretching his hand out to her, he flashed his breathtaking smile. But suddenly the smile turned malicious and his eyes were dark with evil aura filling it. He was in front of her in a second and she woke up with a jolt. It was still dark and gloomy outside her window. She shuddered at the sudden coldness and turned to see her window was opened. She frowned. I think I did close it though, she thought but she got up to close it anyway.
   The next day didn't start really well as Yoon Mi couldn't sleep after she woke up from her nightmare last night. She rolled on her bed several times but it didn't do any help. As a result, she went to school like a zombie. Her eyes were baggy with black spots under it. She was at the school foyer when somebody bumped her and Yoon Mi looked up to see yet again the school's full-tilt diva, Choi Eun Ji, flipping her long hair in front of Yoon Mi.
   Then suddenly, a sweet musical voice shouted Yoon Mi's name. Almost everyone who was waiting for their parents or getting prepared to get home turned to look at the owner of the voice. The girls' mouth dropped open. Choi Eun Ji's was especially wide. Yoon Mi looked up to see Kris, leaning coolly against his white Audi R8, looking stunning as ever.
   Yoon Mi felt her heart stopped beating. There. The guy who haunted her in her dreams for the past few days. But Yoon Mi couldn't deny the anxiety she felt when she saw her. She had to admit it, she missed him. And the sight of him comforted her. Yoon Mi's inner part leapt in excitement as she saw the breathtaking smile flashed by Kris.
   No, no. This isn't happening. Yoon Mi pinched a flesh on her hand and felt the surge of pain. Ow! So this is real. He's real. He really is here. But why? Why is he here? What does he wants? Embarass me in front of this crowd? I've had enough of his cockiness. Why can't he just stay with his ever-flattering self?
   "I was waiting for you." Kris's voice was low but there was a gasp from a few girls that were within a short distance between the two of them.
   Yoon Mi looked up to see Kris standing in front of him. His presence flattered her. His look flattered her. Even his smell flattered her.
   "Why?" Her voice was barely audible.
   "Come. Let's get away from this crowd first." He grinned and suddenly he looked so young and carefree, totally different from his usual eccentric self.
   Yoon Mi flushed pink but followed in his Audi R8 anyway. The crowd fell completely silent. And when I say completely, I mean COMPLETELY. This is crazy. The whole school is watching us. And Yoon Mi thought she saw Luhan between the crowd, looking even more furious and staring at the car like a hawk. Yoon Mi inched closer to get a better look but it was too late. The car already sprung to life, leaving the shocked crowd behind.
   "Are you okay? You look pale." Kris said after a moment of silence. He glanced at Yoon Mi before throwing his gaze on the road once more.
   "I'm.. fine."
   "Do you want to hear any music?"
   "I'm cool with anything."
   "Sure." Kris said casually and switched on the radio. The song One Republic - Say All I Need came to life and shortly after that Yoon Mi found herself humming to the song. She stopped in the instant when Kris smiled down at her.
   "Don't stop. I love to hear your voice."
   Yoon Mi felt her whole body was liquified. "Umm.. Where are we going?"
   Kris's lips twitched into a smile and Yoon Mi didn't know why she felt like Kris was restraining himself from laughing at her. "Are you hungry?"
   She wanted to shake her head but her stomach betrayed her by growling. She bit her lip. Kris's lips curved at the end, trying to stifle a smile.
   "Let's get you filled first." He said and the car accelerated. They pulled up in front of a cute modern cafe and Yoon Mi wondered what kind of food they served there.
   Yoon Mi was staring at Kris while he ordered. She refused to pick her menu as her mind was too blank to think of anything. She was having lunch with Kris! The drop-dead-gorgeous-model was sitting right in front of her. She noticed the waitress couldn't lift her eyes off him too but Kris seemed oblivious to it. He was so mouth-watering. She could be full just by watching him.
   "Why are you staring?" His eyes met Yoon Mi's and the latter looked down, unwillingly tearing her eyes off him.
   "Because you are too beautiful." She said slowly. Oh My God. What did I just say? Did I really said that? She looked up to see Kris's lips twitched but he doesn't smile. Instead, he frowned.
   "There is nothing beautiful about me." He said while staring at the window and she could see it. His face looked totally disgusted and full of self-loathing. But then his expression changed as he looked at Yoon Mi. He smiled. "On the contrary, you are the most beautiful person I've ever met."
   She snorted. "And that would be the most ridiculous thing ever." She smiled back at him.
   Kris frowned at her. "And why is that?"
   Yoon Mi rolled her eyes at him. "It's obvious."
   Kris continued to frown. "Not to me."
   "Forget it." She said and threw her gaze outside the window. The weather was perfect and nice. It wasn't too warm and it wasn't too breezy either.
   Kris leaned his head forward. "You should see yourself. You have no idea how pretty you are."
   Yoon Mi couldn't believe that she had actually blushed at the compliment. In desperation to change the topic, she said, "Um, why were you absent from school?"
   Kris's brow creased a little. "Um.. My family had a short trip to Busan. Had to attend.. relative's funeral there."
   "Oh. I'm sorry." Yoon Mi pursed her lips in sympathy.
   "No, it's okay. It's a.. none of the close relative."
   "But still, you lost someone. I'm sorry." She looked genuinely sorry and Kris softened. She looked extremely adorable and Kris had to resist the urge to cross the table and wrap his arms around her. Fortunately, the waitress came and placed their order on the table. Kris's eyes were still on Yoon Mi when the waitress was technically batting her eyelashes at him. Yoon Mi saw Kris stiffened when the waitress's fingers brushed Kris's arms when she placed his drink over the table. He quickly put down his hand under the table and said 'thank you' a little too coldly. The waitress backed off unwillingly.
   "Are you okay?" Yoon Mi asked while trying to gauge Kris's reaction.
   He frowned for a second before saying, "Yeah."
   "They served western food here?" Yoon Mi stared dumbfoundedly at her food before her eyes scrutinized the whole cafe carefully. It looked Korean enough though. "And I never ate this."
   Kris just smiled at her. "That is creme brulee of foie gras with Tonga beans."
   Yoon Mi stared at Kris in amazement before looking down at her menu again. "Where does this come from? Italy? It sounds too complicated to pronounce."
   Kris chuckled. "France," he corrected.
   "Whatever." She said and she digged in her lunch. After a few moments of savouring the taste, she looked up to Kris, her eyes twinkling. "This is seriously amazing. Do you want to taste it?"
   "No, thank you." I'm already tired of it and it really wasn't the most appealing diet for me..
   In the middle of her food digging, Yoon Mi noticed Kris didn't touch his food. She looked up. Kris had his head leaned forward and his eyes gazing softly at her. She blushed. How can a guy this handsome is even legal?
   "Are you not going to eat?" She asked.
   He shook his head. "No. I'm full just by watching you."
   "Kris!" Yoon Mi scolded.
   He laughed and Yoon Mi was awestruck. He looked even more beautiful when he laughed. "Fine. I'll eat." He said and grabbed his fork and knife. He cut his saddle of lamb gracefully and the way he ate was even more appealing. It was very graceful and Yoon Mi found herself staring at the beautiful creature in front of him.
   "Now you're the one who's not eating." Kris smiled as he swallowed his extravagant dish.
   "Don't people usually eat this during dinner?"
   Kris shrugged. "I don't give a crap. I eat anything whenever I want."
   Of course. With his pocket filled with money all the time, he could afford anything. It's one of the biggest difference between him and her.
   "Hey," he called. "Don't over contemplate it."
   Yoon Mi looked up to him and smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes. "I'm done. This is the most amazing lunch I ever had."
   Kris just smiled. He signed the tab and called the waiter passing them. Yoon Mi peeked to see the bill and dropped open. 33 0000 Won? What did I just ate? That is about 30$ for heaven's sake! Kris stood and Yoon Mi followed him in hesitancy. She was still in shock over the amount of money they just spent on lunch.
   "Have you solved it?" Kris asked when they were in the car. He was inserting the key into the ignition and soon the car roared to life.
   "What?" Yoon Mi looked at Kris.
   "Have you solved the world hunger?" Kris's gaze was fixed on the road as he swiftly moved out of the parking lot and into the main road.
   "Sorry?" She asked again, her brow furrowed.
   "You were thinking so deep I thought you were trying to solve a national crisis." He said with his tone serious.
   Yoon Mi rolled her eyes and Kris glanced at her before his eyes went back on the road.
   "So where are we heading to now?"
   Kris smiled mischievously. They were stopped at a traffic light. "Do you mind if I blindfold you? I want to make it a surprise."
   Blindfold? What's he gonna do? If other guys asked to blindfold her, she'd probably says no. God knows what they'd do to her. But Kris was not 'other guys'. She knew he was different. She felt perfectly safe with his presence. And for some inexplicable reasons, she knew she trusted him with her whole mighty heart. She nodded nervously and the last thing she saw was Kris's perfect face smiling down at her.
   The journey was quite short but it felt longer for Yoon Mi as her eyesight was taken away. Yoon Mi felt the car stopped and the engine was shut down.
   "Hold on." Kris said to her and she could feel the excitement in his voice. She couldn't help but smiled too.
   She heard the door from the driver's side opened and closed again. Then she heard her door was being pulled and a strong smell of perfume filled Yoon Mi's nostrils. Though she couldn't see it, but Yoon Mi could tell that Kris was unbuckling her. Their distance from each other was just inches apart and Yoon Mi wished she wasn't wearing a blindfold.
   Then she felt Kris's cold hands touched her arm, steadying her as she rose to her feet. But this time, Kris was careful enough. He made his contact as little and slow as possible so that Yoon Mi wouldn't be too shock with the coldness of his skin. She heard the car's door being closed and then she was pulled and lead by Kris.
   They walked for a few steps and then stopped. Yoon Mi gasped a little when suddenly Kris scopped her up in his arms. How she wished that she had her blindfolds taken off so that she could see a close-up version of Kris. He must've been lazy to lead me up the stairs, so he decided to just carry me? Yoon Mi rolled her eyes at the thought but she blushed at their sudden skinship.
   All too quickly, Kris put her down gracefully but his hands didn't leave Yoon Mi as she helped her to stabilized herself.
   "Are you ready?" Kris asked and the excitement but also anxiety in his voice was palpable.
   Yoon Mi nodded and Kris took the bindfolds off her eyes. Yoon Mi's mouth dropped open as she drank the sight in front of her.

 

 

 

 

 

- Cliffhanger! Muahaha I love leaving you guys with cliffhanger. Can you guys guess where Kris brought her? ;)

- School killed me! T___T

- OMG Now that I read it back, I've made Kris looked like a total jerk up there! Mianhae Kris love. The next chapters would make it up ;) Till then, subscribers! Thank you guys for having faith in me ^^