Terrible Planes

Love In Different Forms

Recycled air, tight spaces, and airplane food.

Those were the only three descriptions that could've described how Donghae and Hyukjae's morning went.

They packed early for the long flight from southern Busan to Seoul, the capitol metropolitan city of South Korea.

Since Donghae didn't really own any clothing besides the ones he was found in, Hyukjae let him borrow any of his for the time being until he could buy the former some clothes of his own.

Donghae opposed to the idea greatly; he didn't want to cause the latter any more trouble than he already has, but he had no other choice. He couldn't just walk around bare for everybody and show off his developed manhood.

Eunhyuk on the other hand, didn't mind the thought of buying him things at all.

Being the workaholic that he is, he often had extra cash sitting in his pocket at most times from all the overtime and extra shifts that he takes.
Living alone also helped the cause since he had nobody to provide for but himself, until now.

He made a promise that he would take Donghae to Myeongdong and COEX Mall, two extremely popular shopping districts and tourist attractions to purchase the younger some proper apparel before meeting his parents.

As of now, they were seated near the center of the airplane with Donghae close to the window and Eunhyuk seated in the middle, leaving the recliner adjacent to the open aisle vacant.

Hyukjae was busy playing a game called 'The Sims' on his iPhone while Hae was peering out of the window, watching feather like clouds pass by and disappear, only to be replaced by a new set of clouds formed almost the same as the last. 

It was nearing sunset now, the sun overlooking the clouds causing an ambience of rays that pierced through the white fluff in every direction.

Donghae marveled at the sight, wanting nothing more but to touch the friendly veil that encircled around the plane and colored the blue, empty sky in a heavenly shade of pure white.

"You're bored aren't you?" Eunhyuk asked, glancing at the younger male who seemed to be drowsily engrossed in viewing the window.

Donghae turned his head to the side and simply nodded agreeingly.

He liked looking at the clouds, but he's been staring at them for more than an hour now and he was starting to get burnt out.

"Here." Hyukjae said, placing the handheld device into Donghae's hands. He didn't want the younger to bore himself to death, so he settled with watching the screen on the back of the seat in front of him.

Eunhyuk hated flights, but what made them even more boring was the lack of any decent movies and shows stored into their entertainment drives.

If he owned an airplane service himself, he would change the way the system worked.

He might as well fall asleep on the floor while he's at it.

Donghae kept himself busy with the game, killing half an hour before he unexpectedly tugged the older's sleeve with his right hand lightly and pointed to the hindmost corner of the airplane with pleading eyes.

He had to go to the bathroom.

Eunhyuk wasn't surprised. After all, the unreasonable amount of water and the new love for strawberry milk that Donghae had drunk all day was bound to take a toll on his urinary tract any hour now. 

The older shifted his position and watched as Donghae climbed his way to the bare aisle and made for the bathroom.

Eunhyuk took a quick flash at the window the younger had been staring at for the past few hours.

Donghae's actions proved it all, the sight was beautiful.

The little particles of clear dust that twinkled among the sun danced their way through the breeze and flew up above, to the land of a million stars.

Donghae likes clouds, Eunhyuk took a mental note to himself. He wanted to get to know the younger better, but the slight language barrier made it difficult.

Suddenly, Donghae walked out and plopped himself down on his seat right next to the other.

He stared out at the window again, ignoring the game he was playing earlier on the iPhone, which he now abandoned on his lap.

Hyukjae was about to pick up the accessory when he heard silent sobs and sniffles being emitted from the younger beside him.

"Donghae...?" Eunhyuk asked, concerned.

He tried to get the younger to face him but was shocked when Donghae immediately pulled away and curled up into a ball in his seat, his back facing the older male.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" Eunhyuk prodded again, trying to pry the younger out of his compact position.

Did I do something to upset him? Why is he mad at me? Did I hurt him? Eunhyuk thought, confused at the latter's sudden change in behavior.

Donghae eventually gave in and uncurled from his position before slamming himself into Hyukjae's chest, warm tears soaking the older's polo.

Donghae started to gasp for air and breathe unevenly before Eunhyuk wrapped both of his arms around the younger male.
 

"Donghae why? What's wrong?" Hyukjae asked again, the younger's back gently trying to calm him down.

Then he heard it.

An arrogant, disgusting remark from the seats that were directly beside him, positioned on the other side of the plane.

It made his blood boil in hatred and anger, the conversation that was taking place in short distance. He could hear everything being said, insulting commentary from two men in their 30's who had absolutely and undoubtedly made Eunhyuk abscess with resentment and indignation.

"You see that mute retard over there? Yeah he took forever in the bathroom." the first man said, the one that was closest to the aisle. 

The second man sitting in the middle of the row retorted, "He looks like a stupid fish. Degrading little uneducated thing, I would HATE to be seen with someone like him."

"You see his blonde cousin over there? He should just leave his relative on the plane...that brunette doesn't deserve a single thing...he's so embarrassing."

Hyukjae snapped.

How dare they?

They didn't even know who they were talking about before they opened their incompetent little mouths. Donghae is NOT retarded. He understood everything Hyukjae told him and he heard all the ugly, hideous things that these horrible men had to say about him.

As far as he knew, Donghae was definitely NOT ugly, in fact, he was rather cute.

The only difference about him was that he couldn't speak, but at the same time he could communicate. He was no different, he was intelligent and kind and way more educated than these barbaric men will ever be.

Eunhyuk grabbed a pair of complimentary headphones from underneath his seat and set them into Donghae's ears before plugging them into his iPhone.

He didn't want the younger hearing anymore of this false, prejudice information.

It hurt Hyukjae more than it had Donghae, that was a fact.

He rested the younger's head against the seat before standing up and walking towards the two older men. He stood right in front of them, intense anger blazing into his eyes before stating threateningly,

"When you two choose to open your mouths and talk about others, I suggest you do it when they're not around.
That being said, my friend here can comprehend and understand every word you are saying. I bet he's a trillion times smarter than you two will ever be. And as far as I know, he took less than 3 minutes in that bathroom. By the way, he can communicate, so unless you want to be charged with discrimination assuming you keep on advancing, I suggest thinking of other topics to talk about. "

"Have a great afternoon..."
Eunhyuk said sternly before a flight attendant heard the ruckus. 

"Tone down your voices or I will call security and have you guys thrown off the plane." she stated firmly before turning around and stomping through the first-class passengers curtain, leading to their private section.

Eunhyuk sat back down on his spot and pulled Donghae's trembling, crying body close to his, grabbing the cup of water from his reclining table situated on the back of the seat in front of him.

Donghae tried his best to gulp down the liquid, but the gasps that were escaping his lips made little room for anything else. 

Eunhyuk took off the earphones from the younger and hugged him to his chest. 

"It's alright Donghae...it's okay...shh..." Eunhyuk comforted the younger until finally, he can hear soft breathing coming from the brunette beside him. 

Donghae fell asleep inside of Hyukjae's arms feeling safe and protected.