First Encounter

Love In Different Forms

Eunhyuk rested the man on his queen sized mattress upstairs in his bedroom gently, not wanting to wake the exhausted male. Then, he pulled the covers over the man's shoulders and watched as he found a comfortable position, tossing and turning around before finally settling down laying on his side.

He pulled up a chair beside the bed and plopped down on it, waiting for him to awaken.

There was a grim silence that filled the room as the minutes ticked by filled with Eunhyuk's own anticipation.

Only questions were running through his mind the entire time he sat there;

Where in the world did he come from? Why was he in front of my house? What is his name and what does he think he's doing?

He studied the man's features carefully as if trying to figure out the questions through the details of his face; slightly thin lips that pulled up into a beautiful shape, tousled brown hair as deep as his eyes, a symmetrical face that looked somewhat like...a fish.

A fish? Okay, that's weird, a man that resembles a fish. Somehow though, he seemed to pull it off.

He seemed to pull it off quite nicely indeed.

Eunhyuk watched, drenched in his own thought before finally resting his head on the edge of the bed and drifting off into a slumber.

Hyukjae was awakened by the feeling of something hard against his head and he looked up to see the man stirring on the mattress uncomfortably.

The latter tried to get himself to relax but gave up in annoyance after finally settling with opening his chocolate brown eyes.

He didn't move an inch, waiting for Eunhyuk to make the first leap but he never did.

They sat there in awkward silence for a few minutes, staring intently at each other before Eunhyuk got impatient, 

"Who are you, what were you doing in front of my house, and why are you here?"

Nothing.

He got nothing more than a slight whimper from the man as he fell to the wooden floor, shivering inside the sheets he had somehow managed to bring down with him.

He saw a tag fall out of the younger's pocket as he read it to himself, Lee Donghae.

Well, he was sure that he's never heard of such a name, therefore, he assumed he had no connections with this guy.

Eunhyuk was starting to get even more bewildered at the situation before quickly glancing at Donghae who was now convulsing uncontrollably hunched up into the covers leaning against the wall.

He stepped closer to the latter before slowly moving his hand on his forehead, confirming his suspicions. 

"You're sick aren't you? Here. Bathe and eat first to get at least some energy. I'll take you to a doctor afterwards." Eunhyuk said before extending an arm out to Donghae, who weakly wrapped his fingers around the older's palm.

He pulled the man up to his feet before leading him to the bathroom down the hall and opening the door.

Hyukjae rolled his sleeves up before bending over to turn the faucet and leaving the younger inside the room.

Not even a full minute passed since Eunhyuk had walked away from the door when he heard a huge thud escape from the bathroom.

Quickly, he turned around and opened the door before being met with the unclad body of Donghae, shivering into the cold water forming in the bathtub he was in. 
 

The younger had his arms wrapped around his knees with his chest tucked into his lap making him look helpless.

Eunhyuk bent down to switch the handle to a warmer temperature before Donghae started to relax into the water.

Picking up a shampoo bottle lying on the shower rack attached to the wall before squirting the said liquid onto his hands, Eunhyuk ran them through Donghae's hair, causing white foam bubbles to form in between his fingers. 

What an odd person, why the heck isn't he talking to me? I know he's sick but still...

After lathering the shampoo in his hair, Hyukjae rubbed a bar of soap against a shower rag and started scrubbing Donghae's body up and down.

The latter had this strange smell that tied back to the way he looked like; fish. He smelled like a fish, but a unique sense of some kind of human odor mixed in with it which made the scent a lot better, but it was still pretty alarming.

It could take some getting used to. 

Eunhyuk was sure he practically scrubbed the man raw before pulling back and seeing his efforts gone to waste.

He still smelled the same no matter how much soap he used on how many rags.

After awhile, he just gave up and started rinsing the boy before wrapping him into a towel, despite how uncomfortable the latter must be after all the stress forced onto his skin. 

Downstairs in the kitchen, Hyukjae prepared ramen and sat down with Donghae afterwards to eat their meal.

The two sat on the heads of the table on each end, directly facing one another.

The older watched as the man slurped in the noodles hungrily before gulping down the broth.

He could tell the latter wanted more but was growing more and more impatient by the minute.

Finally he lost it,

"Why aren't you talking to me? Look at me when I ask you a question!"

he demanded bringing his own fork down while looking Donghae straight in the eyes.

Eunhyuk soon regretted saying that as he saw the look of pure regression seep into the other man's eyes.

It was clear that the younger could understand him, but for some reason he couldn't speak a word to him other than a few murmurs and whimpers.

Hyukjae continued to stare before apologetically replying, 

"You can't speak...can you?"

Donghae silently agreed by a slight nod of the head, the clear look of sadness still present in his face. 

There's something definitely wrong...

"Donghae, let's go. I'll let you have more when we come back from the hospital, we need to get you checked out." Hyukjae said before grabbing hold of the younger's hand and closing the front door shut behind them.