Chapter Six

Winter Love

 

Third Person POV

“Against her father’s wishes, Kim Taeyeon has chosen to continue with being the sacrifice to the Ice Princess in return to save one’s life. Rest assured, your daughter is safe,” the guard whispered quickly to the fear stricken family. The daughter of the family was standing beside her mother, clinging to her mother’s arm in fear. The father fell to his knees and grabbed onto the guard’s hand gratefully.

“Thank you. Thank you so much. She’s our only daughter. You have no idea how grateful I am that she shall be spared from the Princess’ wrath,” the father said with great appreciation. The guard smiled softly at the weak man before him. He reached his hand out and helped the older man up. The other guard behind him then came forward with a bag and gave it to the older man.

“The princess has left all her remaining gold and half her rations with you. If you come with us now, we will take you to some place safe as the chief’s daughter requested. She hopes that your daughter shall remain calm and understand that she cannot stay in this village.” The second guard explained. The father gracefully accepted the bag that was given to the guards by Taeyeon. He turned back to his family and explained things thoroughly to them. The four guards that were in the small room couldn’t help but smile slightly at the relief that washed over the family.

“The princess truly is someone to be admired.” One of them whispered. The other guard beside him, who wasn’t so bright, turned his head to the first and raised his eyebrows high.

“That demon?! Why should we admire her?!” he gawked. All three guards gave a defeated sigh as a third guard knocked him across the head.

“He meant the chief’s daughter, you dimwit,” he remarked. The second soldier rubbed his head gently and nodded. They then turned their attention back to the family, waiting for the daughter to come with them to safety. The daughter seemed reluctant but she stepped forward. She held on a brave face and nodded to the guards to signal that she was ready. The guards stepped aside, leaving a pathway for the female to walk through. Just as the daughter reached the door, the mother of the family stepped up.

“Please… Once you’ve escorted our daughter… please check on the chief’s daughter. There may still be hope that she is still alive. We are very grateful to the young heiress. We know that it is a very big loss for the chief since he only bears one child but we must apologise for wishing for our daughter’s survival. There’s not much we can do, but we are forever in debt to the young princess.” The mother started to sob. She felt huge relief that her daughter would be safe, but along with that relief there was guilt. She knew that the chief’s daughter could have easily let her daughter take her place.

“We shall try. The princess has a kind heart. If her end has come, I’m sure she shall live peacefully in the afterlife.” The fourth guard bowed in respects to the mother. The family gave their last farewells to the young female. It was a heartbreaking sight to see someone separate from their family, but it was for the greater good. If the chief were to find the girl walking the streets, Taeyeon’s plan to protect that one person’s life would be abolished.

As the guards and the female were exiting the house, they were stopped by a large figure in front of the house. As the guards looked up, they saw a very familiar pendant glint in the light of the house. All the guards dropped their weapons and quickly bowed down to the figure in front of the house. The female on the other hand, just froze as the figure gave her a cold hard glare.

“Ch-Chief Kim.” One of the guards stuttered. The figure standing before them stepped towards the door to reveal themselves. The family inside the house froze. They could tell that the chief was not amused. The chief walked up to the young female slowly. He then harshly took the bag of belongings and opened it to reveal half of Taeyeon’s rations in it.

“Ch-Chief Kim. We were just about to take this girl up to the Ice Princess’ lair.” The third guard stuttered. The chief turned to face the guards and threw the bag of belongings at them. Everyone bowed their heads low as they could see the chief’s enraged expression.

“Did I not order you to bring my daughter to the safety of another village? Why am I hearing that my daughter has been given up to the Princess and is allowing her substitute to walk free?” the chief asked sternly. The guards lowered their heads even lower in shame.

“We followed your orders chief… but your daughter, she refused. She said she was willing to give herself up for the safety of the village.” The guard quickly explained. The chief clenched his jaw and turned his head towards the family. The family flinched away from his glance and took small steps back. He then reached up to his neck where the pendant was and pulled it off his neck. The chief then presented it to the family before him.

“This pendant is a pendant passed down through my family. Do you know what it symbolises?” he asked them. The family just nodded quickly but they did not dare answer. The chief gestured towards the pendant again, urging them to answer.

“I-It symbolises power. It is a pendant which the chief of the village holds.” The father of the family answered quickly. The chief nodded at the answer and placed it down onto the floor.

“I am not the one to be holding that pendant. Along with the symbolism of power, it also represents justice, courage and leadership. With the unfairness that I have given the village in order to protect my daughter, I am no longer worthy to be the chief.” The chief said dully. The guards and family looked up at him with confusion.

“It was wrong of me to exchange my daughter’s fate with an innocent villager’s. However, I do not regret trying. My bloodline has experienced more than one occasion of our family’s females being given to the Princess and I did not wish for Taeyeon to fall into that category. If you shall excuse me, I shall announce to the elders of my decision to step down as village chief and go up to the mountain with hopes of retrieving my daughter.” The chief then bowed his head slightly to the family. Leaving the pendant on the floor, he turned around and started making his way to the elder’s quarters.

“Chief Kim!” the father of the family suddenly stood up and called for the chief. The chief stopped and turned back to the family. He saw that the father had the pendant in his hand, holding it out to him.

“I have lived many years and although it may not be enough experience, I have seen two generations of chiefs and heard of six generations. You are the most fair and kind chief this village has had.” The father pronounced proudly. The guards gave each other wary glances. The chief just gave a low chuckle and shook his head.

“In order to save my daughter, I selfishly locked her up. In order to save her life, I was willing to risk someone else’s,” the chief sighed. The mother of the family ran up to her daughter and hugged her as she pulled her back into the safety of the house.

“That is only natural. I would have done the same. Chief Kim, you are our village chief. This village trusts you to manage this village. If you were to step down now, the village would go into chaos. I may not be in any position to tell you this, but I advise you continue being our chief.” The father stood up proud and tall as he continued to talk to the chief. The guard standing at the front stood up abruptly and nodded with a grin on his face.

“Young Miss Kim is strong. She is courageous, brave and righteous. She is your daughter and she received those traits from you. You should be proud,” the guard beamed. Another guard stood up and nodded in agreement.

“I believe that Miss Kim would not go down so easily. Chief Kim, there is still hope.” The second guard advised. The chief stood there and stared at the three men encouraging him. He looked at the pendant in the father’s hand and frowned.

The other guard also stood up, with the fourth following everyone’s lead. A young male then suddenly stepped forward from behind the father and lowered his head in respects to the chief.

“I am willing to lend my services to help Miss Kim. This village has lived in fear of the Princess for far too long. If, by chance… Miss Kim is not of this world, the least we could do is avenge her and those before her. Please excuse me of my bluntness.” The young male said sternly. The chief continued to stare at the pendant in the hand. He could see it glinting in the flame’s lights. A symbol of justice, courage and leadership. To serve justice to his daughter and those before him, he had to have courage. He needed the courage to be able to lead his people well and display leadership. That pendant was a symbol of all the things he needed.

“Alright then men! We have some issues to plan.” The chief puffed loudly as he held onto the pendant. As the two hands touched, the two men exchanged glances. Fiery feelings of determination and hope were mirrored in both their expressions.

“This shall be the year in which we shall be freed from the demon’s grasp. No longer shall we remain under her evil clutches. We shall become independent once more.” The chief cheered.

“Aye!” the six men bellowed loudly. The rest of the family smiled at the growing aura being emitted from the men. Hope was being emitted from them so strongly that it was almost impossible not to smile.

“Tomorrow morning we shall rally up the men who wish to join me. For now, rest well. I shall call the elders and discuss the matters. At the very least, the ice princess shall no longer cause fear to our families.” The chief smiled triumphantly. The guards gave a low chuckle and walked confidently to their own quarters. The chief turned to the father of the family and gave him a thankful nod. He then proceeded to the elders’ quarters to inform them of the grand revolution.

 

 

 

The next morning, the chief was still in his small room with few of the elders. Grim expressions were present on each and every one of their faces.

“I am sorry chief, but I do not approve of endangering the village’s safety just for one person. Your daughter might not be of this world either. The village has lived peacefully with the regular tradition. By chance, the princess may release her wrath onto the village before we may rid of her. She is a murderous cold blooded demon and will not hesitate to annihilate us. Your ancestors banished her and created this tradition for the safety of the village. To go through with this is to put your ancestors’ work and determination to waste.” The eldest of the elders warned. The chief clenched his jaw at the truth behind the old man’s words.

“I beg to differ. Once the princess is gone, the village will no longer have to sacrifice our women. The chief’s ancestor whom banished the ice demon has lost his wife from her killings. It is written that through his bloodline, one of his descendants shall make the demon pay. From what I see, I think the time is now. Kim’s daughter is the second casualty in the chief’s bloodline. If we do not stop the demon, there shall be many more. It shall bring shame to the chief’s family to willingly submit their descendants to the demon.” The second elder said slowly. The eldest of the elders grumbled at the man’s words and stood up unsteadily.

“I do not wish for this to continue either, but that is the tradition of the village for over a hundred years. The women know the risk they are in. Everyone knows. We shall not attack the cave and that is final.” He bellowed. The chief stood up and slammed his hand onto the table.

“Tell me elder. What would you do, how would you feel, if your granddaughter was next? She is barely of fifteen years. What if in five years’ time, when she is at the tender age of twenty, her name shall be drawn?” the chief challenged. The first elder froze. A fourth member of the meeting stood up and put his hand onto the chief’s shoulder to calm him down.

“Everyone calm down. We do not wish to tear this village apart. I suggest that this evening send a group of your guards up to the mountain. Observe and monitor what the conditions are. The demon is one lone being up in the mountain. Observe any weakness and send a report. If it is safe, we shall send out men to defeat her once and for all. If it is too dangerous, we shall continue the traditions. Does that not seem fair?” the third elder suggested.

“I shall dispatch my guards this night. There seems to be a storm approaching so we shall camp at the bottom of the mountain before we continue on after the storm passes. I shall accompany them. We shall have a report by tomorrow evening.” The chief said in a dark voice. The first two elders did not seem pleased, but it was fair. The third elder turned his attention to the chief again to see a stiff expression plastered onto his face.

“Chief Kim. I know it is hard, but I would not keep my hopes up. Whatever happens, do not act rash. Disappointment always brings the dark side out of people. Avoid disappointment and do not hope for much. That is all I can advise.” The elder said sincerely. The chief nodded in acknowledgement and sighed. The first and second elder excused themselves and walked out from the chief’s room.

“I repeat Chief Kim. Do not expect too much from your visit to the mountain. I’m sure your daughter is happy where she is.” The third elder added before he walked out of the room. The chief gave a long and tired sigh as the door of his room closed. Before he could even move a finger, there was a knocking on his door.

“Who is it?” he asked tiredly.

“It’s me,” a feminine voice answered. The chief stood up from his seat as the door opened to reveal his wife behind the doors. The female approached her husband slowly as they both gave each other small smiles. The female’s smile was short lived as it quickly turned into a scowl.

“You know you don’t have to go through all this trouble. Taeyeon is long gone and the village is peaceful once more. I see no point in trying to challenge the ice princess.” The female said softly. The chief just looked at his wife with disbelief and astonishment from the words she had just uttered to him.

“This is our daughter we’re talking about, Yoonji. Do you not wish to see our daughter smile at us once more?” he questions his wife. Yoonji stares at her husband for a few moments with a confused expression.

“Kangin… Have you thought about what her value is to us? You’ve locked her up in that room ever since she was young. What point is there if you bring her back and lock her up again? She’s no longer my daughter Kangin. You’ve achieved what you wanted, to have Taeyeon non-existent,” Yoonji said slowly. Kangin turned to his wife with an accusing stare but he was met with confident and challenging ones.

“My daughter was taken away from me and locked up. From the bottom of my heart, I wish for her to have left this world already. She was lonely in this village. In the afterlife she would be happier. I know I sound like a bad mother, but I’m thinking about what’s best for Taeyeon,” Yoonji said sincerely. Kangin was about to explain his reasons behind his actions but Yoonji stopped him.

“But that is only what I believe. You are the chief, it is your decision. If Taeyeon is somehow alive then I would be ever so joyous, but I do not wish to see her sighing heavily in that room anymore. If anything, I hope this even brings about peace in both our family and those of the villagers. Even if it means that the tradition continues,” Yoonji whispers. Kangin gives a defeated sigh and sits back in his seat.

“Rest up, Kangin. You have to hike up the mountain tonight,” Yoonji bid Kangin a good evening and exited the chief’s private room. Kangin lifted his hand up to his forehead and gave another heavy and tired sigh.

“I did what I thought was best,” he whispered into the empty room.

 

 

 

 

Jessica

The small body in my arms was so warm. The water surrounding us was nothing compared to the warmth that radiated off her body. To add to it, there were constant shivers running through my body every time she shifted. She had agreed to help me, and yet she claims that she has the same problems as I do. I don’t know if I should consider that a good thing or not. If she has the same problem, she should know what it feels like. But then if she experiences this problem, it would mean she does not know how to fix it herself.

We’ve been silent for quite some time now, but it was comfortable. The steam off the water gently rolled off on the surface of the water and dispersed once it reached the cold snow. My arms were still wrapped around her waist securely to prevent an earlier event from occurring again. Unconsciously, my arms tightened around her waist protectively as I remembered it. I had pushed her into the spring with no clue of her swimming abilities. I was at fault. The moment I saw the splashing of the water I felt guilt run through me.

I couldn’t quite remember the feeling I was having in that moment. All I remember was hurriedly jumping in and pulling her to the safety of the edge. Till this moment I still regret pushing her in. I was too rash.

“Jessica?” a soft voice broke me from my trance. I looked up to see Taeyeon looking at me with a concerned expression. She then looked down to her waist where my arms were secure around her waist. I realised that my grip was too tight and immediately loosened it slightly. Still holding a grip onto her waist, I shook my head to show her that it was nothing. Taeyeon just nodded and turned her head back.

It was amazing how she just fitted perfectly into my arms. Her body was smaller than mine and it was easy to keep her in my arms in a comfortable position. I looked up at the sky above us to see that we had been bathing for quite some time as the clouds have become more threatening. Just as I was about to shift the girl in my arms to get out, I heard something that made me stop completely.

“Our hands are all wrinkled up like prunes,” Taeyeon lifted her hands up to show me before emitting that sound again. She was… laughing. I looked at the source of her amusement to see the fingertips of her hand wrinkled from being in the water. She laughed again when she pressed her fingers together.

I didn’t feel like moving out of the water anymore. If it meant that I could continue to hear her laugh, I would stay in the water for much longer. Taeyeon’s right hand then went beneath the water and grabbed to my own around her waist. She pulled it from her waist and held it above the water. I quickly gripped her tighter to make up for the missing hand as she turned my hand around. She laughed once more when she saw my hand was also wrinkled as hers was.

“I think it’s time we got out. Don’t you agree?” Taeyeon questioned as she presented both our hands as an excuse to leave the water. As much as I wanted to continue to make her laugh, I knew that it wasn’t healthy for us to remain in the water. Although I do wonder, what she would do if we stayed longer until our toes were wrinkles as well? I imagine that she would be much amused, especially after her reactions to our fingers.

“As you wish. Change out of these clothes as soon as possible and hop into your other ones quickly. The cold air will freeze you if you remain in your wet clothes,” I warned her as I let her hop out of the water with my help. She just gave a quick giggle and proceeded to run to her clothes. I jumped out after and proceeded to where I left my shirt. The cold air was rushing past the water droplets of my skin as I popped my shirt on. My legs were starting to feel cold due to the wet under garments I kept on. I wouldn’t usually keep them on but I did not wish to go completely bare underneath Taeyeon’s eyes. Half bare I would manage, but not completely.

All of a sudden, something dropped above my head. I took the object off my head to see a pair of pants in my hands. I looked over at Taeyeon to see her slowly taking her wet shirt off. I turned around immediately to avoid the view. Sure I’ve seen the top half already, but it doesn’t make it any more decent to continue watching her change.

“Wh-What are these for?” I ask without turning back.

“You kept your lower half on while you were in the water. Change into those spare ones so you don’t freeze, Ice Princess,” she answered me back in a mocking tone at the end.

“I do not need--”

“Yes you do. I’ve got 4 pairs, so don’t worry,” she interrupted me again. I turned around to argue against her but I turned around at the wrong time. She was just putting one hand through her first top, leaving everything from her collar downwards bare. I quickly turned back again and shut my mouth.

“H-Hurry and change. I’ll go back to the cave first to check on the fire… T-Take your time” I said quickly as I walked off.

“Ah wait! Jessica, would you mind bringing these wet clothes with you? Leave it in front of the fire to dry out please?” she asked me politely. I just wanted to leave in that moment so I did not question or argue. I picked up her clothes quickly and made my way to the cave. My heart was beating faster as I remembered seeing her change.

No Jessica. It is inappropriate to be thinking such things. You are a descendant of royal blood. You are not to see anyone’s bare essentials nor are you to remember them. I shook my head furiously as I tried to get such thoughts out.

“Who’s there?!” a sudden loud voice yelled out in front of me. Who was up at the cave during this time? Taeyeon was already sent up here, who else would come up here and for what reason? I washed away any thoughts of Taeyeon and cautiously walked out behind the bush towards the opening of the cave. I clenched my jaw together when I saw a group of six men standing before the cave.

“What business do you have here?” I said in a cold and icy tone. These men were not welcome here. Judging from their clothes, they were from the village. What are the villagers doing up here? They have offered Taeyeon as a sacrifice. What else do they wish to offer?

“Who are you?” the man in front of them asked me warily. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at them. My hate for men and villagers were started to arise again.

“I’m Princess Jung. I ask you again. What business do you have here?” I lowered my tone threateningly. The men behind the first seemed to cower slightly at me but that first man kept his ground. He looked at the wet clothes in my hands and clenched his jaw as his eyes narrowed. I looked down at Taeyeon’s wet clothes and wondered why they would anger the man so.

“Where is my daughter?!” the first man growled. These men do not answer questions that I ask them do they? I answer theirs fairly yet I am not given answers to mine.

“And who may your daughter be?” I asked with disinterest. I did not have time for these petty villagers. I need to remake the fire otherwise Taeyeon would be cold when she returns. I also don’t think she would want to see anyone from her village again considering that she does not want to return to them.

“She is the girl who was brought up here two nights ago. What have you done to her?!” the man took a step towards me. I crossed my arms and sent him a challenging stare. He stopped his advances but I could tell he was silently cursing me in his mind. This man must have been Taeyeon’s father. Why would this man and five others come after this girl? If I remember her words correctly, she said she didn’t exist to the village and that it was best if she remained inexistent.

“Ah her. The girl who claims that she was inexistent to the village? I must say, you did a fine job of making her feel welcomed in the village,” I huffed. I gave a few sarcastic claps before turning around and ignoring them as I walked towards the cave. I heard the snow shift behind me and I turned around to see the man pull out his knife and hold it in his hand. I turned around and stared at him, daring him to take a step closer.

“Where is she?!” he growled. The magnitude of his voice was rather great as it echoed off the walls of the cave and off the rocks of the mountain. I looked down at the wet cloths in my hands again and thought back to the girl who was still behind the cave. What were to happen if I were to tell these men she were alive?

“Why do you wish to know?” I asked darkly, awaiting a response. The men behind the man seemed to have gained some courage and stood right beside the man. Their hands were over their weapons, ready to point at me. This was a rather eventful year I must say. In fact, it is the only eventful year.

“Give me back my daughter and you shall not go harmed,” the man threatened. So this man wishes to take Taeyeon back?

‘Don’t let me go back’

Taeyeon’s words echoed through my mind once more. I gripped onto the clothes and stood up straight against the man. This man was not worthy of taking Taeyeon back. Taeyeon did not wish to go back and I shall be sure that doesn’t happen. Not now, not yet.

“No,” I pronounced bluntly. All six men took three steps forwards toward me but I did not move. Instead I challenged them. I held my head up high, daring the first man to bring his knife against me. They did not dare. Petty little villagers. I was the Demon Ice Princess after all. To them, I could still take them on. They still feared me.

“Taeyeon! Where are you?!” the first man started yelling, changing his tactic. As he was yelling for his daughter, I caught a glimpse of a pendant around his neck. I stared at it. It was so familiar. I had seen that pendant before. Long ago.

“Taeyeon!” the man cried out once more. I took a step back as I tried to remember where I had seen that pendant before.

“Chief…” one of the men behind the first man stepped up to stop his yelling. Chief? This man was the chief of that wretched village? Why does this sound all too familiar? Chief… Chief Kim…

“Where is my daughter?!” the man threw down his blade and stepped up towards me. He gripped the collar of my shirt and pulled me to meet his face up close. I wanted to hurl with disgust when I saw his face. Men. Despicable men. Ugly beasts.

“Tell me where she is now!” he yelled into my face, not forgetting to add a few spit bombs here and there. I lifted up hand to wipe away the disgusting bits that fell onto my face. His eyes traced down to my other hand where Taeyeon’s clothes were. I could tell he was fabricating up some sort of explanation for all this. I looked down at the clothes and remembered Taeyeon’s plea once more. I should end this now.

“What’s the point? She does not belong in this world anymore,” I answered bluntly. The man looked back up at me again and gripped onto my collar even more. His eyes flared with anger and disbelief. I lifted up the wet clothes and just smirked.

“You came a little too late. She’s long gone. Was this not the agreement? Every five years I release my anger on a girl of the village and I will not destroy the village. I must say it was a waste to have gotten rid of that last one. I must applaud you sir, you raised your daughter up very well. One of the most beautiful women so far,” I sneered. It was amusing seeing the men’s faces turn sour and disgusted. I’m sorry Taeyeon, but I must do this, even if it means spouting lies about your existence.

“You!” the man growled. I remained calm. I then motioned towards the clothes that were in my hands and smiled.

“I was just by the spring this morning washing off the blood. Can’t let this quality clothing go to waste now can we?” I knew I was tugging on his strings. He was still getting over the fact that his daughter was ‘no longer of this world’. I just needed one more push until these annoying beasts would return to their forsaken village.

“For that girl’s life, I shall keep my end of the agreement. Your village is safe for another five years. But I must say I’m not completely satisfied. That young girl was beautiful and it was a shame to kill her off. If you enrage me now, I may accidently release the rest of my wrath on you six,” I threatened cunningly. I must say I am enjoying this show that the men are showing. They are horrified, fear stricken and disturbed all in one moment. I was proud of my lies.

Wait a moment. Was I just saying how beautiful Taeyeon was? What am I doing? This is part of the plan… I’m not complimenting her. I am lying after all.

“My daughter was never meant to be here in the first place! If it wasn’t for you and your wrath against the village she would still be alive to this day!” the man had lost it. He shook me furiously with anger. I just remained calm and waited for him to stop. He let go of my collar suddenly and picked up his blade from the floor and held it against me.

The other men seemed to have gained some courage from the outburst and surrounded me. The man with the blade then held the sharp and cold object against my neck and growled harshly.

“Well princess? Unleash your wrath. I do not care if I were to die. I have to avenge my daughter. You are to pay for what you have done!” he yelled. I froze for a moment. Those words had sounded so familiar. ‘Pay for what you have done’. Where have I heard those words before? The man then shook me once more to bring me back to reality. I had no clue how to get out of this mess.

“Come on you demon! Show us your demonic powers!” one of the men behind my back mocked. Truth was that I had no powers. All a myth. And because it was a myth, I was stuck in quite a dangerous situation. I was about to attack them with words and challenge then when suddenly, one of the men grunted.

Soon another man beside him grunted. The wind then started picking up and snow started to fall. I then saw a ball of snow hit against the man with the blade’s face, knocking him back slightly and allowing me to break from his grasp. I turned to where the ball was thrown and I could slightly see the side of a very familiar overcoat in the bushes.

I then saw a small body emerge from the bush slightly and throw another ball of snow at the men. I watched as the men started panicking. I had to admit, the weather had perfect timing. The wind was starting to pick up and snow was starting to fall even harder.

“Chief! Go back now. We’ll bring reinforcements next time! We can’t take her alone,” the men were yelling. The man, who is presumably Taeyeon’s father, turned around and shot me a deadly glare.

“I swear, through my bloodline, I will make you pay! My ancestors have hated you ever since you took my ancestor’s cherish wife. Now you have taken my daughter! No matter what, if it’s not me, my descendants will make you pay for what you have done to our family,” he yelled as he pointed his finger at me. It finally came back to me. I stared as the men were retreating and I saw the man who had just pledged his hate against me at the back. The pendant was flying in the wind. I knew where I had seen that pendant now.

The chief who had banished me to this place was the owner of that pendant… The one who had cursed me here. If that was Taeyeon’s father… Then that would mean that Taeyeon is a descendant of the man who cursed me.

‘Through my bloodline, I will make you pay!’

I turned towards the girl who was in the bushes.

Taeyeon is part of that bloodline. I am Taeyeon’s family’s sworn enemy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

Sorry but very limited taengsic

this is like a filler chapter ^^

Just to clear things up

Taeyeon is NOT a descendant of the baker

 

The chief during the time when the baker was alive was Taeyeon's ancestor. Like... Great great great great great grandfather

The chief during that time had banished Sica and sworn that his bloodline will make Jessica pay for her 'deeds'

Of course, Taeyeon is in that bloodline.

I wonder how Sica will handle that. Taeyeon is supposed to make her "pay" 

Hmmm... interesting

 

 

Oh and if ur wondering what jessica "did" to the chief.

The chief's wife was murdered and jessica was blamed for it.

You know, like the baker and stuff.

Ah you'll get it.

 

 

 

 

OH AND

Taeyeon being 23 sounds a little too old. I reduced her age to 18 ^^

It was only mentioned once and it was in the beginning of the story so it wouldnt matter... right? XD

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter has not yet been edited~ (Too lazy)