World Around Me, Kills Me Softly

Behind Locked Doors

A/N: Hello, just had to start this by saying thank you to all of you who have subscribed and commented, I love you guys and I promised I'll keep updating as fast as my fingers can type and the ideas flow. And this chapter may bring tears, I know I cried writing it so I hope as always you enjoy this and the rest of the story \(^.^)/

 

             Kyuhyun tossed and turned. His breathing heavy, coughing painfully. He whimpered softly, his whole body feeling like it was on fire. His skin burned. He kicked the sheets off, feeling the sweat on his face, but he couldn't open his eyes. 'Kyuhyun-ah? Kyuhyun-ah??’ Kyuhyun could hear Sungmin call him distantly. He couldn't focus, only whimper softly and shiver. He heard Sungmin yelling for Leeteuk, holding his hand. Kyuhyun whimpered, he was too hot. He couldn't cool down. Heechul had heard the shouting and wandered from the bathroom to se what Sungmin was yelling about.  'Yah! Lee Sungmin! It's 4 o'clock in the morning what are you...’ Heechul stopped when he saw Kyuhyun tossing, his skin pale white except for his bright red cheeks. A sheen of sweat covering his face as the maknae whimpered. His white shirt and boxers plastered to his skin. Sungmin was knelt beside him, frowning, hand on his forehead. 'Heechul-Hyung! Please, wake Teukie Hyung, he's burning up' Sungmin begged. Heechul could only nod before running to wake Leeteuk. Their leader mumbled angrily but sat up the minute Heechul told him what was wrong. 'Heechul, go dampen a facecloth, now' Leeteuk order. Heechul once again nodded and went to dampen a facecloth, avoiding the mirror. He ran back to Kyuhyun and Sungmin's room, placing it on the younger mans head. Watching as the younger stopped whimpering and smiled in relief. 'Sungmin-ah, Heechul-ah, go get some sleep, Kyuhyun-ah is going to be fine, he just needs to rest and let his fever break’ Leeteuk reassured them. He tucked a worried Sungmin into bed before doing the same to Heechul. Leeteuk brushed Heechul’s fringe out of his face, 'Sleep well Chullie-ah, tomorrows going to be hard but remember, we've got you, ok?’ Heechul smiled softly, nodding. He closed his eyes, drifting, and his thoughts for once on Kyuhyun as he slept.

                       Kyuhyun woke to someone lightly dabbing his face with an ice-cold cloth. His eyes opened tiredly as he gazed up at a smiling Ryeowook. 'Kyuhyunnie, it's time to get dressed, we have the press conference about Hankyung today, then you can come home and rest' Ryeowook ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair softly. Kyuhyun groaned, his energy was completely zapped, his body weak. 'Hyung..' Kyuhyun began. 'No Kyu-ah, you can't sleep for any longer, we have to leave in half an hour, everyone else is ready' Ryeowook laughed. Kyuhyun sat up as Heechul entered the room. Heechul smiled, even though the maknae was sick, he still looked adorable with his mess hair. 'Yah, Kyu, open up, this will bring you're temperature down, and this will keep you awake for the conference' Heechul faked a smirk; place a cup of coffee beside. Kyuhyun sat up as Heechul held out a spoon of medicine for him. Kyuhyun scrunched up his nose but swallowed it anyway, quickly drinking the coffee afterwards to rid of the taste. Ryeowook and Heechul left him alone to get dressed. He quickly pulled on what their manager had dropped up from the earlier before heading out to the others.  The members were quiet; an air of sadness surrounded them. None of them wanted to face this, the reality of losing Hankyung. Kyuhyun's eyes wandered to Heechul worriedly. This was going to be the hardest on him. Heechul was talking to Siwon quietly, fidgeting with the end of his shirt, tugging at it. He was biting his lip as Siwon gave him an encouraging hug. They all smiled sadly at each other as Leeteuk told them it was time to go, each knowing that it was their only chance to show emotion before having to smile for the camera.

 

    ****************************************************************************************************************************

 

                         Heechul sat between Kyuhyun and Donghae. His rock of comfort and his favourite dongsaeng. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the sweat on Kyuhyun's face, the slight pink flush to his cheeks and his heavy breathing. Heechul was doing everything possible to distract himself from the press, from the questions. The fake smiles of the members as they talked about Hankyung and what this meant for Super Junior. 'This doesn't mean the end for us, even though our Kibum, Kangin and now Hankyung aren't here, doesn't mean Super Junior will stop creating music. In fact, I think this is just the push we needed to work harder at our music and concerts' Leeteuk smiled at the press and the fans. All nodding at him in admiration.  'Was they’re a reason behind Hankyung leaving?' a reporter asked, pen hovering above her notepad. 'Hankyung Hyung wasn't in the best of health, he felt that the amount of work we take on as Super Junior was too much for his body and that returning home to China to recover and maybe go solo once he has, would do him good. And I speak for all of us when I say that we'll be praying for his recovery and future' Siwon answered smoothly, flashing his dimpled smile. Making the crowd swoon and murmur happily at his loving answer. 'Do you have anything you'd like him to know?' another asked and everyone went silent, waiting for the answer from the boys seated in front of them. 'Hankyung-ah, if you see this, I'd like you to now that you'll always be our brother and that we'll support you in whatever you do' Donghae smiled. 'Hankyung Hyung, take care of yourself and go for your dreams, even we are no longer a part of them' Ryeowook said quietly. 'Hankyung, thank you for all the Beijing fried rice you made us and being the resident cook, also you were a great friend, Hankyung Hwaiting' Yesung laughed softly. The messages continued, and soon it was only Heechul left. 'Hankyung-ah, I hope...hope you're happy with the path you've chosen and the..that it gives you everything we couldn't..' Heechul trailed off, trying to keep the tears out of his eyes.

 

                      'Heechul-shi, you and Hankyung were close?' a reporter asked. Heechul nodded taking a deep breath. 'When his plane landed Hankyung was spotted with his arms around a female who had been waiting with his parents for him. Is that why Hankyung left? For a love back in China?' the reporter continued. Heechul gulped, forcing a smile. He could feel his heart breaking more, if that was possible at the news. 'Hankyung and I...we were very close but no, I never heard of a...w-woman back in China that he was..was in..l-love with. Hankyung was a hard worker but I knew he hated being away from his parents who he's very close to..he was home sick a lot of the time. We, I, did the best we could to make him feel at home here with us but sometimes...home is where the..h-heart is..and his heart it..it wasn't h-here' Heechul managed to get out without his voice breaking. 'You were a good friend to him Heechul-sshi, he was lucky to have you' the reporter smiled up at him. Heechul forced a smile, 'But of course, who wouldn't be lucky to have me, Kim Heechul, as their friend?’ The room erupted in laughter that everyone had been waiting for from him. Heechul just smirked and zoned out for the rest of the conference, letting the otter members talk for him. Heechul smiled his way through the photographs before they were pushed back into a back room to change and go home.

 

             The ride home was silent. Some members were sleeping; others were crying or lost in their thoughts. It was something they never wanted to do again. It'd been hard for them all to finally except it, that Super Junior was no longer 13. That they'd lost an important member and none of them knew how to cope with that in any other way then with pushing on with their schedules and appearances. Heechul kept to himself, ignoring anyone that looked his way or tried to talk to him. He didn't want to hear it; he didn't want them to pump him with lies like they had their fans. Super Junior were in no way ok, they were hurt and wounded but they were pushing through it. Not giving it time to fully heal or hit them for fear they'd drown. Like Heechul was already doing, drowning in his misery and confusion. Heechul's eyes once again landed on Kyuhyun. The maknae had barely made it into the van before collapsing, his fever spiking again. Sungmin was beside him, Leeteuk on Kyuhyun’s other side. They were holding icepacks and cold water bottles to the maknaes head and neck, attempting to keep him cool. The maknae was attempting to talk to them, telling them he was fine. He wasn't convincing anyone but Heechul had to give a small smile. He really was a character, Cho Kyuhyun. He didn't let people care for him or comfort him but he was there when Heechul or Sungmin or Donghae needed a shoulder to cry on. He gave comfort even when he was awkward with it. Never failing to make he other smile with his sarcasm and witty humour. Heechul guessed that's why they got along; they were both intelligent people that didn't let others close.

 

                            Once back at the dorm, members went their separate ways. Leeteuk had settled Kyuhyun on one of the couches in the living room of the 12th floor in order to keep an eye on him. Kyuhyun had protest but no one had listened to the maknae, as usual. So he was stuck lying on the couch with some stupid drama playing on the TV while he curled up under about a dozen blankets that Ryeowook had come up to place on him. The dorm was quiet as many members had gone into their rooms to think or were in the kitchen helping Leeteuk make something edible if that was possible. Not that Kyuhyun could eat it anyway in the state he was in. That's when he hears it, when the dorm was silent. The heart wrenchingly quiet sobs from the bathroom. Kyuhyun willed his body to move as he slowly managed to walk down the hall without passing out. The sobs were louder as he reached the bathroom. Through the gap he could see Heechul curled up on the floor, his hair wet from his shower and his bedtime clothes damp from his hair. He was whispering Hankyung name to himself as he clasped a necklace Hankyung had given him in his hand. Kyuhyun pushed the door open. Falling to the floor beside Heechul, Kyuhyun took the older man in his arms to comfort him. Heechul’s sobs got louder and his body shook in Kyuhyun’s arms violently. Kyuhyun felt his heart break as the man he loved cried his heart out for the one that had broken him. His name falling repeatedly from Heechuls lips, begging him to come back to him. 'Hyung, Hyung! It's ok, Heechul-Hyung, I got you, we got you. You don't need him. It’ll get better, you'll be ok, and you’ll be fine. You'll get over' Kyuhyun muttered hugging the older.

 

                    Kyuhyun gasped when he was shoved violently, causing him to fall backwards onto the floor. 'Don't don’t tell me it'll be ok Kyuhyun! It's not ok! How is this own? He is gone. Hankyung is gone!' Heechul yelled at the younger, kicking out at him. Kyuhyun rose to his feet, ignoring the pain from the kicks Heechul had landed on him. 'Hyung..I just meant that..I just wanted to help you..' Kyuhyun tried to reason with the older.'Help me? You can't! You are just a child Kyuhyun! You are useless when it comes to this! Tell me, what the hell do you know about love? Well, or heartbreak??' Heechul yelled, stepping forward. Kyuhyun backed into the wall, keeping his mouth shut in fear of angering his Hyung even more. 'See? Exactly! You are a baby, the maknae. You know nothing! You probably haven't even kissed a girl have you? You've never been in love so don't tell me I'll be ok!' Heechul once again yelled, shaking. He knew Kyuhyun didn't deserve this that he was lashing out because he was angry with himself but he couldn't stop it. Kyuhyun was angered by Heechul’s words. At this point he'd didn't care about sparing his feelings. 'Don't talk to me like that! You aren't the only one hurting here Heechul! Wake up and see that! There's more then you to this!' Kyuhyun snapped. In the blink of an eye, Heechul was in front of him, his hand smacking across Kyuhyun’s cheek. The sound of the slap echoed through out the small room. 'Have you ever had you heart broken? No, not broken torn to shred by someone you loved who as it turns out doesn't love you back. All you lost was someone to prank! I lost the love of my life! The one person I waned to be with forever. You have no idea what it's like! To give someone you're everything to find out you mean nothing to him or her! To never have that love returned' Heechul screamed at Kyuhyun, picking up a glass he chucked it at the wall beside the younger head. As the glass smashed a shard bounced and cut Kyuhyun’s cheek.  Silence fell over the bathroom. Kyuhyun stared at Heechul in disbelief. Heechul stared back in anger and hate. Kyuhyun was the first to look away, blood trickling down his cheek. Soon tears joined it and Heechul felt a pang of guilt in his chest as he watched the younger face change. 'You're wrong Hyung. I just found out what it's like. And that glass you broke? To you it's just a broken glass, to me? That’s what my heart now looks like. Thanks for clearing that up..Hyung', with that said Kyuhyun pushed passed Leeteuk and Donghae who'd gather to see just what had been going on. Heechul could only stare after him before turning his gaze to the glass, guilt racking his boy as his own tears fell. Donghae was at his side in an instant, telling him it'd be ok, that Kyuhyun was just stressed out with his fever and over everything else. Heechul winced as the dorm door slammed shut. Finally realising what he'd done, and how he'd broken the maknae. He knew what Leeteuk was going to say as soon as he looked at his face, 'Kyuhyun-ah went out..he said he'd be back whenever he felt like it.,,'. Heechul could only cry into Donghae's shoulder. He regretted every word he'd said. He cried into Donghae's shoulder, wishing it was Kyuhyun holding him so that he could tell him that he'd never hurt him. Even though he'd just broken the maknae’s heart, and probably all his feelings for Heechul along with it...