The difference between nightmare's and reality, nightmares are less painful to see

Behind Locked Doors

 

Heechul watched as Kyuhyun made he’s way into the dorms with a smile on his face. Finally free of the hospital, though he’d been advised to rest for the day. Heechul resisted the urge to run and jump into the younger’s arms and kiss all over his face with joy. He twisted the ring around his finger unconsciously, a habit he’d developed lately. Minho was supporting Kyuhyun, carrying his bag as Taemin bounced happily. Glad to see his hyung finally free of the white room and injections. Kyuhyun smiled and he made his way over to Heechul, patting Minho’s shoulder so the younger let go. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Heechul’s slim waist, kissing his temple, ‘Miss me?’ Heechul scoffed playfully, ‘Miss you? When I have a bed to myself again and don’t have to hear your constant clicking on your laptop?’ Kyuhyun pouted softly, ‘But Hyung…’ Heechul smiled, kissing the younger’s nose, ‘Of course I missed you pabo’. Kyuhyun smiled, cuddling him. ‘Awwh Hyung’s are so cute! Minho-Hyung, how come you don’t say cute stuff like that?’ Taemin pouted, crossing his arms. Kyuhyun laughed as Heechul turned in his arms to face the couple, ‘Don’t mind him Minnie, Kyu is just too cute for me to resist. Plus Minho’s a gigantic frog without a romantic bone in his body’. Kyuhyun and Minho pouted, speaking simultaneously ‘Hyung!’

         Heechul started laughing, cuddling his adorable boyfriend. ‘God, they’re like twins!’ Taemin giggled, falling on to the couch. Minho rolled his eyes at his Hyung and boyfriend. ‘We are not!’ both Kyuhyun and Minho insisted, causing Taemin and Heechul to burst into further laughter. Heechul smiled kissing his boyfriends perfect pouty lips. He ran a hand through Kyuhyun’s messy hair, twisting it in his fingers. He’d missed this. Being able to hold him close, play with his hair and feel his heart hammering against his own. Kyuhyun pulled back, an adorable blush spread out across his cheeks. Kyuhyun quickly kissed Heechul’s nose. Heechul nuzzled his temple affectionately. He turned to gaze at the younger couple; Minho had Taemin on his lap. The youngest had his head in the crook of Minho’s neck as Minho rocked him, quietly whispering sweet nothings to him. Heechul smiled, pulling Kyuhyun onto the other sofa, draping Kyuhyun over his chest, their legs tangled. Heechul placed a hand on the small of Kyuhyun’s back. Under his shirt. Kyuhyun nuzzled into Heechul’s neck, taking a deep breath. He took in the scent he’d missed so much, closing his eyes. He shivered slightly as Heechul’s fingers traced circles on his lower back, right on his spine.  Taemin and Minho stayed, chatting away to Heechul as Kyuhyun lay. Content with just being surrounded by people he loved. His eye lids dropped, the conversation fading as sleep took him.

 

         Kyuhyun tossed, the blankets tangled in his long limbs. He couldn’t breath. He was being chased. They were coming. Heechul was gone. He couldn’t find him. There was, oh god, blood on his hands. He screamed his throat drying up as his voice faded. He kept running. Never stopping. Stumbling over branches and tree stumps. He fell, feeling himself roll; suddenly the ground disappeared from underneath him. Kyuhyun grabbed onto the ledge, digging his nails in. he couldn’t stop the tears and sobs pouring from him. A face appeared above him. ‘G-geng hyung?’ Kyuhyun sobbed, gazing wide eyed in disbelief. ‘Mianhe Kyuhyunnie’ and with that Hangeng stood on Kyuhyun’s fingers. Kyuhyun screamed, falling, watching the face of someone he once trusted disappear.

 

                 Kyuhyun bolted upright as arms grabbed him. He started to struggled, ‘No! No, no, no. Hangeng hyung! Don’t hurt me please!’ Kyuhyun sobbed quietly. ‘Kyu-ah..it’s hyung, shush, hyung has you’ Leeteuk reassured the younger. Kyuhyun was curled up shaking in Leeteuk’s arms. The leader gazed sadly at the maknae. He’d heard him groaning and shouting in his sleep and instantly rushed to his rescue. He may not have the best relation with the maknae but he loved him dearly as if he was his own little brother that needed to be protected. ‘Hyung....’ Kyuhyun sniffled softly, his chest heaving as he tried to calm himself. ‘It’s ok Kyuhyun-ah, hyung has you. It was just a bad dream, ne?’ Leeteuk cooed softly to the younger trying to calm his nerves. Kyuhyun tugged at his hair roughly, whimpering. He was being suffocated. He was still falling. His body reeling as it shook violently. He bit his lip to suppress the sobs that wanted to come out. ‘Hyung, make it stop, please Hyung, make it stop’ Kyuhyun whimpered softly, not able to control his body’s actions. Leeteuk the maknae’s hair at a loss. He didn’t know how to comfort the younger male. He could only rock him and hope for Heechul, Donghae or Sungmin to come home. They’d have more experience with comforting the youngest. He could always call Minho or Changmin but he was sure they were busy promoting their own bands and work.

         ‘Teukie-hyung? Kyuhyun-ah? I’m home, where are you guys?’ Donghae’s voice called out. Curious to why the food was burning on the stove with no one fussing over it. Leeteuk kissed the youngest forehead. ‘Kyu-ah, I’m going to go get Donghae to look after you, ok? Hyung had a schedule’ Leeteuk explained calming. The maknae could only nod softly as his body continued to shake and his eyes remained unfocused. The leader rubbed his temples sadly, throwing one last glance at the youngest before leaving to talk to Donghae. Leeteuk entered the kitchen, Donghae glancing at him as he was filling the kettle, ‘Oh Hyung, there you are. Did I wake you? You seem tired? Is Kyuhyun-ah? He should be following the doctor’s orders and getting some sleep’ Donghae bounced into conversation, wanting to know everything he’d missed. Leeteuk sighed, grabbing his jacket from the chair. ‘Kyuhyun’s screaming woke me. He’s having nightmare and some sort of panic attack. He may be sleeping again, but could you keep him company? I’ve never seen him so terrified…’ Donghae nodded, gulping, ‘Was it about Hangeng-hyung…?’ Leeteuk nodded sadly, ‘It’s taking its toll on him’. Donghae smile sadly, ‘Do you think him and Chullie are going to be ok? Especially with us going to Beijing on Friday for the concert…’ Leeteuk shrugged, grabbing his bag. He gave Donghae a hug, rubbing the confused boy’s shoulder lovingly, ‘I really hope they will be Hae, I really do’.

            Heechul glanced at the clock on the computer screen in front of him. He only had another ten minutes of the radio show left before he could bow to the staff and leave for the night. He glanced at his phone as the song neared the end. He frowned slightly, running a hand through his hair. Kyuhyun hadn’t text back. Heechul normally would have scoffed at himself and scolded himself for being such a girl over not getting a text back, but it had been over seven hours. The maknae had sent him a text to say he was bored and that he missed him. They had a cute fluffy conversation consisting of ‘I love you more’ and cute sentences from the maknae that made Heechul blush. The maknae had said he was tired and would text him back when he woke up from his nap. That text had never come. It made Heechul worry that something had happened to him. The noise of the song ending, cause Heechul to wake up from his thoughts and smile. ‘That was 2pm’s Heartbeat, now for some texts you guys have been sending in’. Heechul laughed, making comments on peoples questions and comments. This was why he loved DJ-ing; the random things fan girls said were always hilarious. There was one that caught his attention, one from Donghae. Heechul smiled softly, ‘It’s seems Donghae-ah and Kyuhyun-ah are lonely without their Hyung, they’ve sent me a message, well Donghae has, asking me to hurry home. Aish, the rascal even forgot to call me Hyung and is demanding candy. Aish, Lee Donghae, if you’re listening you're dead when I get home’. With that said, Heechul quickly ended the show. He waited till he got the signal that the cameras were off before rushing to get his jacket. He bowed and thanked the staff politely as he always did before grabbing the keys to the van. He bit his lip as the message ran through his head; he’d left out the important part. ‘Kyuhyun really needs you right now’.

         Heechul rushed out of the elevator, quickly opening the door and kicking off his shoes. He nearly tripped over himself trying to get out of them. The noise causing a tired Donghae to appear. ‘Hyung, you’re home’. Heechul nodded as he followed Donghae into the sitting room, his eyes scanning for Kyuhyun. ‘You said Kyu-ah needed me?  Heechul gazed at his Dongsaeng worriedly, ‘Where is he Hae?’ Donghae bit his lip, sitting down. ‘He’s finally asleep again…oh Hyung, you’re home’ Sungmin said quietly, walking into the room. Heechul rubbed his cheek softly, ‘You had me worried, if he’s sleeping why would he nee-‘. A scream cut off Heechul’s sentence, making him freeze. ‘Is that...Kyuhyunnie?’ Heechul could barely get the words out as he listened to the whimpers and cries. ‘He’s asleep…but he’s have night terrors. He’s been in and out of it all day. He wakes up eventually, exhausted and scared and in shock’ Donghae sighed, ‘all we know is that it’s about Hangeng. He keeps begging Hangeng not to hurt him…’ Heechul stood frozen for a second; taking in the information his band mates had provided him with. He gulped, blinking back the tears and guilt. He walked towards their room. He could see Kyuhyun’s shaking form, curled into a foetal position in the middle of the bed. His cheeks were wet with tears as he mumbled fearfully. The sight broke Heechul’s heart and he couldn’t stop his own tears. Sungmin wrapped an arm around the older waist carefully, ‘Hyung…he needs you right now’. Heechul gazed at his nightmare ridden boyfriend, wanting nothing more then to wrap his arms around me and hold him together. To kiss away his fear and show him that the real world was only filled with love. Heechul shook his head; breaking from the younger’s grasping. ‘I…I...c-can’t’ Heechul stuttered. Before Sungmin could ask, he was gone; the sound of the bathroom door slamming signalling the older wasn’t going to be much help. Sungmin sighed, gazing at his best friend; he knew Kyuhyun was awake now.  ‘Heechul?’ the younger asked hopefully, raising his head slightly. Sungmin smiled softly, crawling into bed with the younger. ‘I’m sorry Kyu, Hyung is going to be late tonight, he got held by at a meeting by our manager. He asked me to stay with you’. The younger nodded, disappointment in his eyes as he closed them. Not saying another word. Sungmin wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling him close, he could feel Kyuhyun still shaking as the younger nestled his head into the elder’s neck. Sungmin pulled the blankets around them, running a hand through Kyuhyun’s hair softly, whispering, ‘I won’t let him get you’.

          Heechul covered the mirror with a towel. Tears streaking down his face as he pulled his knees to his chest. It was his fault. His fault that Kyuhyun had nearly died. It was his fault that Kyuhyun was curled up crying in his sleep. And his own fault that he couldn’t comfort him. He just wanted Kyuhyun to be safe. To be happy. He rubbed his eyes. ‘Maybe he’d be better off if you’d done it…if you’d followed your plan. He’s in pain because of you. You’re worthless! All you do is break people! Make them leave. You don’t deserve him. You should have died in that accident! Worthless! Life destroyer! No wonder he left, now Kyuhyun will too!’ Heechul grasped his head, mumbling to himself to reassure himself. Kyuhyun loved him, right? He wouldn’t leave him. Heechul twisted the ring around his finger. Kyuhyun wanted a future with him. A place of their own, a place where they could adopt a child someday. He wouldn’t leave him. ‘Hyung?’ a soft knock on the door made Heechul jump. ‘Ne?’ Heechul answered softly, wiping his eyes. ‘Let me in hyung, its ok’ Siwon sighed softly. He didn’t know what was going through the others head right now but he knew it wasn’t good. Heechul opened the door. His watery gaze landing on Siwon as the taller pulled him into a hug. Heechul felt his body shake as he dissolved into tears once again, telling Siwon about running. Siwon didn’t judge him, just held him. Taking his hyung to the couch where he could cry in his arms and fall asleep.

         Kyuhyun yawned, his eyes stinging from all the tears. He rubbed them softly, wincing. He reached out for Heechul, but there was no one there. Kyuhyun whimpered slightly, blinking till his vision became clear and he remember what had happened. Heechul had stayed late with the manager to sort something out. Kyuhyun sighed in relief, the other probably stayed at their manager’s house as Kyuhyun had done many a time when their manager took them home from a late schedule. Kyuhyun stretched, he wish Sungmin had been there when he woke up. He wanted to thank the other. Kyuhyun yawned again, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He could hear voices talking softly. Kyuhyun pulled on some sweat pants and an oversized t-shirt, he was still meant to be on rest so he didn’t bother dressing up, he wasn’t planning on leaving the door. He headed towards the living room, still sleepy. ‘Sungmin? Are you still here Min?’ Kyuhyun called out as he entered. His eyes scanned the room for the bunny like male. Meeting a sight that wiped all lingering effects of sleep from him. Siwon was lying on the couch, Heechul draped over him. Heechul had his head buried in Siwon’s neck, Siwon’s hand threaded in his hair, his other resting just above Heechul . Kyuhyun felt his mouth go dry as he gazed at the two. They looked good together, just like the fans always said they did. Siwon was muscular, tall, and able to protect him. Kyuhyun wasn’t. Kyuhyun turned away as Heechul started to wake. Becoming aware of his surroundings. ‘Kyu? Baby?’ Heechul said softly, knowing that he wasn’t in the best position for his boyfriend who he’d abandoned to find him in. Kyuhyun’s shoulders slumped as he headed towards the door, not bothering with shoes or socks. ‘I’m going down to my room on the 11th floor. I’ll leave you two...alone’ Kyuhyun’s voice cracked slightly on the alone and was gone.

A/N: Annyeong ^^ Long time no update huh? I'm sorry about that. Things got really bad lately and my personal health prevented me from updating. I swear to you guys, as the author, to work harder despite everything and get these chapters to you. I'm planning on a good few chapters, and maybe a sequel depending on how I end it, who knows? Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Subscribe please for those who haven't already. Saranghae <3- Emmy