Bad Things Come In Pairs

Behind Locked Doors

 

       Heechul felt his breathing pick up. Getting faster every second. The room felt like it was spinning and his stomach dropped. He felt cold, trapped, and numb. His hands shook as he tried to hold the phone to his ear. He shut his eyes to hold back tears. ‘Yes Rella, it’s me. You haven’t forgotten me already have you?’ Hangeng’s was calm and even. It was the same as always. Smooth as velvet yet slightly rough with it’s broken Korean. A sound of his own. That unique voice that Heechul had lived for. Nothing like Kyuhyun’s deep, chocolate smooth voice. The sweet honey voice that sang Heechul to sleep just a few hours ago. A voice that made me him shiver and smile. ‘How could I? How could I ever forget you Hangeng?’ Heechul managed to keep his voice steady. Even though he felt like he was falling apart right now. ‘ You’ve already replaced me; I may as well be another stranger. Or am I just a memory now Heechul? Do I even get that much? Or am I some fading faint clip in your mind? Huh? Another notch on your bedpost, Hyung’ Hangeng’s voice was full with venom as he spoke. A tone Heechul wasn’t use to hearing from the China man. ‘ You were never a notch Hangeng. You were my world. I loved you. I was just another notch on your bedpost. Another poor idiot that was stupid enough to adore you. Was she worth it? Breaking me? Losing me?’ Heechul could feel the anger rising. Anger and pain. He took a deep breath. Pinching the bridge of his nose to stop the tears threatening to spill.

                ‘She wasn’t Rella. She was nothing. She wanted fame. I left her once I realised what a mistake I had made. Please, Heechul, my princess, come back to me. We can make this work’ Hangeng pleaded. Heechul’s heart clenched painfully. He glanced over his shoulder. His bedroom door was open; he could see Kyuhyun’s curly mess of hair on his white pillows, some pale skin and a hand that had been holding his own. Heechul chuckled softly, ‘No Hangeng, we can’t’. There was silence before Hangeng spoke again. ‘Kyuhyun is nothing to you Heechul. He is the dongsaeng you felt sorry for. Don’t mistake that for love. You don’t love him’. Heechul smiled slightly, gazing at Kyuhyun. ‘I think I do Hannie. It’s so painful hearing your voice but right now I’m staring at him asleep in my bed-no, me and his bed. I feel better gazing at him. He calms me, he makes my heart beat again. I feel whole again’. Heechul could hear Hangeng taking in deep breaths. He could picture Hangeng sitting up in bed. Wearing pyjama pants and a black wife beater. One hand covering his face as he held the phone to his ear, eyes closed, and eyebrows furrowed in a way that Heechul use to think was cute.

         ‘You really are a flirt, aren’t you? Letting another man in your bed. Right after a break up. I thought better of you Heechul. What happened to forever, huh? What happened to moving to China once retired and starting a family? What happened to loving me forever? Was I not good enough? I cheated. Made a mistake. I am trying to fix that mistake, but here you are with that kid in your bed. Does it make you feel good huh? Having someone to use while fixing yourself? You don’t love him Heechul! He is a toy to you admit it!’ Hangeng yelled. Heechul gasped, flinching as the insults hit. Heechul felt all the wounds he’d managed to close with Kyuhyun open up. Each one just as painful as when it started. He could feel himself slipping. The voices whispering in the back of his head. Heechul couldn’t help sobbing softly, his finger slipping and hitting loudspeaker. ‘Heechul, answer my god dammit!’ Hangeng demanded.

        ‘What happened? You happened! You and your Chinese beauty! She was perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect! Perfect enough for you to destroy everything! Every last part of u, of me! How many nights have I cried over you?? How many meals did I skip to try to be perfect enough for you to come back? Get out! Get out! Get out of my head!’ Heechul screamed down the phone. Sobs shook his body as he collapsed to his knees. Loud sobs left his mouth. Tears streaming down his face as he shook. ‘I loved you! I loved you and you ripped my heart out! You tore it apart and left it in so many pieces that I couldn’t put it back together. I’m finally getting better but you have to ruin everything! You have to break me some more! Cause I’ll never be good enough, that’s it isn’t it? I’m not good enough for anyone!’ Heechul yelled, the phone slipping out of his hand. He pulled his knees close, gripping his hair hard. @Heechul? Oh my God, Chullie! Are you ok? It’s ok, Umma is here’ Leeteuk rushed to his side. Heechul buried his head in Leeteuk's shirt. The older his back. ‘It’s ok Heechul, it’s ok Chullie. You’re perfect Chul-ah’ Leeteuk his hair softly, rocking the younger. Heechul continued to sob into the Leaders shirt. ‘Heechul???’ Hangeng’s voice rang out through the room. Heechul heard footsteps. He gazed up to see Kyuhyun. He’d pulled on a shirt and baggy training pants. He grabbed the phone switching off loudspeaker. ‘Take Chullie to bed Leeteuk-Hyung’ Kyuhyun stated coldly. Heechul shook his head, ‘Hyunnie please, don’t…don’t leave me!’ Kyuhyun placed a kiss on Heechul’s head, the others hair, ‘I’ll be right back baby, don’t worry my Heenim’.

     Kyuhyun waited till Leeteuk had helped Heechul to their room, closing the door. Kyuhyun raised the phone to his ear. ‘Hangeng-Hyung’ Kyuhyun greeted coldly. ‘Kyuhyun-ah! It’s not—‘ Hangeng tried to win the younger over but Kyuhyun cut him off. ‘Don’t. Don’t even try get out of this. You just cause my Heenim to break down sobbing, you made him feel worthless. I love you like a brother Hyung but I will not stand for this. Please don’t contact Heechul again’ Kyuhyun kept cool. ‘You can’t stop me from winning him back Kyuhyun, he is mine. He always will be! You’re just his little toy till he gets me back. He’ll never love3 you. He’ll throw you away when he has me’ Hangeng snarled. Kyuhyun laughed, running a hand through his hair, ‘You’re wrong Hangeng. I love Heechul. I would never hurt him the way you did. The way you hurt him left him broken. He didn’t eat, speak, or sleep for 3 months. He is finally back on his feet. He asked me to give him a chance and I believe he loves me. Please don’t contact him again. As you can see it only causes him pain’. Kyuhyun could hear Hangeng laugh, his voice bitter, ‘Heechul will never love you Kyuhyun. You are a boy in his eyes. A dongsaeng. The boy that should have died in that car accident. You would have too if he hadn’t kept talking to you. You weren’t going to make it but he insisted on trying. Once he leaves you for me it’ll kill you. He won’t care because you can’t please him the way I do’.

       Kyuhyun gulped, ‘Goodbye Hangeng- Hyung’. Kyuhyun clicked off the call. He proceeded to switch off Heechul’s phone. Kyuhyun bit his lip hard. Trying to counter the pain of Hangeng’s words with something more real. He took a few deep breaths. He wiped the tear that had escaped from his eye. He had better things to do and worry about right now. He needed to take care of Heechul. Kyuhyun hurriedly set about making hot chocolate, putting Heechul’s stash of marsh mellows into it, just the way he likes it. Kyuhyun then picked up Heebum. He could hear Leeteuk whispering to Heechul soothingly as Heechul’s sobs died down. Kyuhyun nudged the door open carefully; he set the drink on Heechul’s locker before setting Heebum down carefully. Heechul smiled at that sight of his sleek grey cat. Heebum swished his tail, letting out a meow before moving to rub against Heechul’s cheeks, drying his tears. Leeteuk Heechul’s hair affectionately, ‘I think you’re going to be fine Chullie-ah. I’ll just be across the hall if you need me, ne? You’ve no schedule tomorrow so you can rest all day, Wookie and Hae will be here too’. Heechul nodded, ‘Thank you Teukie Umma’. Leeteuk smiled, patting Kyuhyun’s hand before leaving to get some well-needed rest. Kyuhyun smiled as Heechul cooed and played with the cat. Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around Heechul’s waist. He buried his head in Heechul’s silky hair. Taking in the older’s sweet scent. Heechul relaxed back against him as Heebum curled up at the end of the bed. ‘Did he say anything to you Kyuhyunnie? I don’t want him to hurt you..’ Heechul asked quietly, taking Kyuhyun’s other hand in his. ‘No Heenim, he didn’t say anything important or that I didn’t already know’ Kyuhyun smiled weakly. Heechul took Kyuhyun’s face in his hands softly, gazing into Kyuhyuns soft brown eyes. He could see the traces of hurt that Kyuhyun was trying to push back. ‘Hey Kyu..he was wrong you know’ Heechul smiled. Kyuhyun ran a hand through Heechul’s hair, humming softly, ‘Yeah?’ Heechul smirked, leaning close, whispering in Kyuhyun’s ear ‘He was wrong. I do love you Cho Kyuhyun. My heart may have been broken but now it’s whole again and I can breath. All because of you. You snuck up on me and have become all I need. Cho Kyuhyun, my Baby Kyu, I love you’. Kyuhyun tackled the older playfully, wrestling with him out of happiness. He gripped the others sides softly, making Heechul giggle. Kyuhyun placed kisses all over his face, ‘I, Ch Kyuhyun, love you Kim Heechul too’. Heechul smirked, ‘Of course you do. I’m Kim Heechul. I was born to make men and women fall in love with me. I can’t help being gorgeous’. Kyuhyun laughed, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend. He shut Heechul up with a kiss before snuggling down and turning on The Lion King to help Heechul sleep. The two fell asleep wrapped in each other’s arms to the sound of Simba and Nala singing. All thoughts of Hangeng forgotten.

                Heechul woke to the sound of his name being shouted and his bed moving. He rubbed his eyes sleepily. He reached out for Kyuhyun’s warm body, ‘Kyuhyunnie?’. He heard a laugh. Not Kyuhyun’s one but a familiar one, ‘No Hyun! It’s me, Fishy’ Donghae laughed. He had been bouncing on Heechul’s bed to wake him up. Heechul laughed, scowling playfully, grabbing Donghae, and ruffling his hair, ‘Aish, you punk’. Donghae laughed, squirming out of his Hyung’s hold, ‘Yah Hyung! My hair’. Donghae pouted cutely at Heechul. Heechul rolled his eyes, stretching. He let out a yawn; he glanced in the mirror, noticing his red eyes. He sighed. Donghae gazed at his Hyung softly, ‘Teukie Umma told me about last night, I wanted to help Hyung but Teukie told me to go back to bed’. Heechul smiled, ‘I’m fine now Hae-ah. There’s no need to worry. Kyuhyunnie looked after me’. Donghae nodded. He jumped off the bed, running out of the room, yelling to Ryeowook that Heechul was up. Heechul laughed, he grabbed Kyuhyun’s t-shirt slipping in on over a pair of sweats before following Donghae out of the room. Donghae was at the kitchen table, digging into the sandwiches Ryeowook had placed out. Heechul hugged Ryeowook as the younger washed his own dishes.

                  ‘Morning Heechul-Hyung’ Ryeowook greeted happily. ‘Morning Wookie-ah’ Heechul had to smile at his cute dongsaeng. ‘Kamsamnida for the sandwiches’. Ryeowook just smiled happily, ‘Oh! Kyuhyun should be home soon; he only had a recording and a small photoshoot this morning. He left at like 6, poor Kyu-ah. He looked upset’. Heechul frowned, taking his sandwiches to the table, ‘Really?’. Ryeowook nodded softly, ‘I heard him arguing this morning. Something with his Mother. He seemed stressed. She was yelling down the phone at him and he hung up on her’. Heechul frowned worriedly; he started eating as he thought about Kyuhyun. He finished his food, taking a drink of milk, ‘Was Manager-Hyung driving him?’ Ryeowook nodded, ‘He didn’t want Kyuhyun on his bike when upset in case of an accident’. Heechul relaxed smiling, ‘Good, at least we don’t have to worry then. Go relax Wookie-ah. I’m sure you want to go visit Yesung-ah; I’ll do the dishes’. Ryeowook bowed thankfully, hugging his Hyung.

             Heechul laughed softly at his dongsaengs cuteness. He was like Sungmin, except Sungmin could break his arm if he hurt Kyuhyun. Ryeowook was too innocent to hurt anyone. Heechul slipped in earphones as he waited for the hot water. He filled the sink and went in search of dirty dishes. He found Donghae playing video games in the sitting room, tongue sticking out in concentration. He wanted to beat Kyuhyun’s high score, which would never happen. Heechul searched all the rooms. Leeteuk’s room was perfectly clean as always, Donghae’s…was a mess. He was surprised that Eunhyuk would sleep there some nights considering how clean Eunhyuk kept his room. Everything had to be in complete order for Eunhyuk. Heechul sang along softly with the songs on his iPod. Most of them were sad slow songs. Haunting lyrics and soft piano melodies. He had always preferred slow songs, he liked dancing to ballads more then dance songs. Heechul loved piano music, love playing piano; he was pretty good at it. He was in the middle of a song while drying the last of the dishes when arms wound around his waist. A slim figure pressed against his back softly, a head in his neck. Heechul smiled gazing down to see Kyuhyun’s hands clasped around him. He slipped out the earphones turning to kiss his boyfriends forehead comfortingly. Kyuhyun smiled tiredly, ‘Heenim’. Heechul kissed his nose softly, ‘Yes?’ Kyuhyun smiled, ‘Nothing, I missed you’. Heechul hugged the younger, ‘I missed you too Kyu-ah’. Heechul noticed the bag on the table, ‘What did you buy?’ Kyuhyun smirked, ‘It’s for you, actually’.

            Heechul raised an eyebrow. Letting go of Kyuhyun he walked over to the bag, taking out a box. Heechul stared in disbelief. It was the box for the latest iPhone that had just been released. ‘I thought it’d be better if you got a new phone and number. Well, I just wanted to treat you really’ Kyuhyun blushed softly. Heechul smiled, taking the youngers hands, kissing him softly. ‘You didn’t have to but thank you Kyuhyunnie’ Heechul smiled. Kyuhyun smiled tiredly, it didn’t reach his eyes, ‘Anything for my precious Heenim’. Heechul cuddled the younger softly, before pulling him into their room. He pulled Kyuhyun down, resting Kyuhyun’s head in his lap. He his hair soothingly as Kyuhyun started to relax slowly. He could see the traces of tears on his face and worry. ‘Kyu-ah, don’t be upset but Wookie-ah said you fought with your Umma this morning…’. Kyuhyun tensed again, shutting his eyes, frowning, ‘I did fight with her, nothing to worry about. ‘Kyuhyun, it’s obviously bothering you. You’re sad. Please tell me’ Heechul begged. He just wanted to sooth his Kyuhyun. He wanted to see the smile he got last night when he’d told the younger he loved him. The smile that made him feel all warm inside. He wanted to see him laugh. Kyuhyun stayed silent for a few moments, trying to find the words. He gazed up at Heechul with his big brown eyes that were sad, causing Heechul to frown. ‘She…she wants me to attend marriage meetings…she wants to marry me to my dad’s business partners daughter…I told her no…that I was dating someone..that I had a boyfriend…my Appa heard. He was the one shouting..Umma is ok with it…Appa..Appa doesn’t want anything to do with me anymore Heechul…he said I was disgusting…’

A/N Annyoung readers/subscribers!!! I'm backk!!! Heres a nice new update hehe two in a day! So I hope it fulfilled everything you wishes!!! Looking forward to your comments on this one! A bit of fighting..tears..screaming...then the ending D: I'm evil xD Saranghae <3