The Lies

Behind Locked Doors

 

Heechul smiled softly, they were on the way to the hotel. It was about an hour’s journey. Then they had two hours to explore before having to head back and go to the stadium, they had tonight and tomorrow to practice and get use to the space. Heechul couldn’t help the fond smile that spread on his face. Kyuhyun had woken when the plane landed. The younger was still fighting sleep; he never was one for travel. His eyes were drooping as he cuddled into Heechul’s side. He was attempting to pay attention to an excited Sungmin who was chattering away to the younger. Kyuhyun made a soft whimper as he buried his face into Heechul’s neck. Heechul shivered softly, Kyuhyun’s eyelashes tickling the soft skin of his neck. He rested his head on Kyuhyun’s, lacing their hands together. He played with Kyuhyun’s fingers gently, making the younger smile affectionately. ‘Yeobo? Are you still sleepy yeobo’ Heechul asked softly, twisting Kyuhyun’s ring around his finger. Kyuhyun yawned cutely, a sleepy but content smile on his lips, ‘A little bit’. Heechul chuckled softly, kissing the younger’s head softly, and ‘I can wake you up if you like…’ Kyuhyun raised his head, to sleepy to process his boyfriend’s words. ‘Huh Chullie?’ Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes gently, his mouth open slightly. Heechul smirked; taking advantage of the younger’s confusion. He pulled him closer. Kyuhyun let himself be pulled until he was half lying on the older, gazing up at his lover softly. Heechul ran a thumb over Kyuhyun’s cheek, pressing his lips to the younger. Kyuhyun sighed into it, leaning up, his hands pressed to Heechul’s chest. Heechul let out a soft growl, nipping the younger’s lip as Kyuhyun whimpered submissively. Heechul smirked into the kiss, his hands travelling down to Kyuhyun’s . Kyuhyun just pressed closer to him.

                 Heechul didn’t care about the others in the van with him at that moment. All he could feel was Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun’s soft hands gripping his shirt, his curvy body pressed against his and the sweet taste of his warm lips. He was perfection in Heechul’s eyes and right now he was in heaven. It wasn’t rushed or filled with lust. It was a sweet slow kiss, the ones you see in those romance films Heechul hated. Everything about it screamed love and made both their hearts beat faster. Donghae smirked, nudging a sleepy Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk gazed at his boyfriend angrily, but Donghae just nodded his head at the seats behind him. Sungmin had fallen asleep against the window while the couple were wrapped up in each other. Kyuhyun Had his head buried in Heechul’s shoulder, the older placing kisses and soft bites along the pale column of Kyuhyun’s neck. Heechul’s hands resting on the small of his back and his thigh. Donghae smirked, letting out a low whistle, ‘Yah! There are children in the van!’. Heechul smirked, nuzzling Kyuhyun’s neck, ‘Kyuhyun is the child, he is our maknae after all’. Kyuhyun turned his glare away from the Eunhae couple to his boyfriend, smacking him playfully, ‘That makes you a e Chullie’ . Heechul traced his hands along Kyuhyun’s sides, ‘Can’t help that you’re Kyuhyunnie’. Eunhyuk cuddled Donghae laughing at the arguing couple. Kyuhyun shoved Heechul softly, resulting in the older tickling him while Kyuhyun begged for him to stop. ‘Yah! Cut it out, some people are trying to sleep’ Sungmin mumbled angrily, turning his death glare on the four. Eunhyuk and Donghae ducked back into their seat, stifling their giggles. Kyuhyun tried not to laugh, ‘Miahne Minnie, go back to sleep, we’ll stop now’. As Sungmin drifted off to sleep, Kyuhyun hit Heechul’s head softly, scolding him as the older once again tackled him, pressing their lips together.

            Kyuhyun lay back on the bed, yawning tiredly. Heechul was in the shower, declaring that all that travel had made him dirty. Kyuhyun had just smiled as the older locked himself in the bathroom after giving him a quick peck. He was uneasy. His stomach was in knots. Kyuhyun knew there was something wrong with Heechul, he was almost too happy. He thought that Heechul would be quiet and sad, that he’d have to cheer him up and distract him while here. He’d even planned out a romantic little trip around the city. Kyuhyun ran a hand through his hair. Before he could tell Heechul of his plans, the older had smiled, gazing at his phone saying that Hongki was in Beijing and they were going to meet for drinks. Kyuhyun had managed a smile, sensing something was off but saying he was going to go drink wine with Sungmin and catch up. Kyuhyun shook his head, maybe Hongki was in Beijing, it wasn’t unusual for him to show up at random times for their concerts to support Heechul. Kyuhyun bit his lip softly. He gazed at the locker as Heechul’s phone went off, a Chinese song filling the room. He glanced at the bathroom door, the shower was still going, Heechul’s soft voice muffled by the door as he sang. Kyuhyun reached over, taking Heechul’s phone. It felt wrong but it also felt like there was more to the text then one of the members. Kyuhyun quickly unlocked the phone, his heart jerking painfully as he gazed at the name before opening it. ‘Hannie :3’. Kyuhyun swallowed hard as he shakily opened the message. ‘See you tonight Rella. I want us to work this out, thank you fro agreeing to meet me again, goodbye for now beautiful. Don‘t let that pet of yours know’. Kyuhyun pressed a hand to his mouth suppressing a sob; he quickly forwarded the message to himself. Reading over the other messages, some dating back to two days before they left for Beijing. Kyuhyun quickly deleted all evidence, placing the phone back; he grabbed his jacket and left as the water shut off. He couldn’t face him right now.

            Heechul dried himself off quickly. He wanted to see the younger before he left. He felt bad for lying to Kyuhyun but he needed to sort this out himself. Get some peace once and for all. He wanted to know Kyuhyun was going to be safe. ‘Kyu baby, want to get something to eat before I go out to meet Hongki?’ Heechul called, slipping on his clothes. No response came from the room. Heechul rolled his eyes, smiling softly. He knew he’d open the dorm to find Kyuhyun curled up cutely asleep again, his mouth slightly open, looking innocent and venerable. He dried his hair with a towel quickly, styling it before unlocking the door. Heechul yawned, his eyes closing. The room was dark. He walked over to the switched, ‘Kyuhyunnie? Are you sleeping?’ Heechul switched on the lights expecting to see Kyuhyun sitting up sleepily with his hair ruffled, but he was face with an empty room. The younger’s bed messy as if he’d left in a rush to get away. A note lay beside Heechul’s phone, it was Kyuhyun’s writing but it was shaking, the page slightly wet. Heechul frowned, sitting down, taking the note in his hand. ‘Heenim-ah, I’m going out for a while. On my own. I want to try getting some special herbal remedy my sister told me about that will help my throat. Don’t worry about me. Have fun with Han Hongki. I...love you. ------Kyuhyun’. Heechul reread the note as the time ticked by. It didn’t sound like Kyuhyun, it sound sad and in pain. Normally Kyuhyun’s notes were filled with jokes and sarcasm and cute remarks, not straightforward. Something was up. Heechul picked up his phone, tempted to ring the younger and find him. To blow off Hangeng and comfort his lover, but a glance at the time and at Kyuhyun’s note made him grab his coat and head out to meet Hangeng. ‘I’m sorry Kyu..’ Heechul sighed, as he left the room, turning out the light.

               Kyuhyun wandered around the streets, Adjusting his cap and mask. People pushed and shoved pashed him on the busy streets. Ignoring him. It was dark and rain clouds hovered above their heads threatening to spill any second. Kyuhyun didn’t care, the ache in his chest was too much, too painful. Heechul had lied to him. All those times he said he was texting Hongki and smiling stupidly at his phone, it was Hangeng. It was Hangeng making him smile like an idiot and laugh softly while Heechul had a lose arm around Kyuhyun’s waist, pay more attention to the device then him. Kyuhyun hadn’t complained, he often ignored the other for his laptop and the online world of Starcraft. He took out his phone, no missed calls from Heechul. No texts, no nothing. He glanced at the time. 6:30, they needed to be at the hotel for 7:30, Heechul was meeting Hangeng at 6. Kyuhyun let his feet take him, ignoring his mind screaming at him to turn back, that he didn’t want to know what they were doing. Kyuhyun’s phone buzzed in his hand, making him stop. He answered it, pressing it to his ear, ‘Yeoboseyo?’. ‘Yah, Cho! Where are you? Heechul rang me looking for you’ Sungmin asked worriedly. Kyuhyun frowned, rubbing his eyes, ‘He did? I’m out getting an herbal remedy for Ara-Noona. Funny, if he wanted to know or cared about where I was he could have called or text me’. Sungmin sighed on the other line, ‘Did you fight again? Are you ok Kyu? Do you need me to go beat his ?’. Kyuhyun laughed softly, ‘Aniyo, aniyo. I’m fine. I’ll be back by seven and we can get some wine, ne?’. Sungmin clicked his tongue on the other end,’ I’m holding you to that Cho, alright? Annyeonghi gyeseyo’.

          I shoved the phone back in my pocket. I went to turn the corner but froze hearing his voice. ‘Rella, does he know you’ve been talking to me? Hangengs voice was soft almost teasing. ‘Aniyo. Kyu-ah is a good boyfriend, he trusts me’ Heechul answered weekly. Kyuhyun moved to the bus stop, turning side ways so he could see and hear them but not be noticed. Hangeng placed a hand on Heechul’s cheek, ‘It’s like he has misplaced his trust, hasn’t he?’ Heechul moved his hand away, gazing at the ground, ‘What Kyuhyunnie doesn’t know won’t hurt him. That’s why I’m here. I want you to stop, stop trying to hurt him’. Hangeng rolled his eyes, spotting Kyuhyun’s figure, smirking, ‘He deserved it. He took what’s rightfully mine Rella; he took you away from me. And aren’t you hurting him as well? By this?  By using him?’ Heechul stepped back, trying to keep calm and not cause a scene. His face was covered by a scarf and he was wearing non-descript clothes making him blend. ‘I’m not using him, I love him Hangeng. Get that into your head. I love Cho Kyuhyun, he treats me well’. Kyuhyun smiled behind his mask at that remark. Heechul was fighting for them. He was going to step forward, ready to kiss Heechul for standing for them and not falling back into the China mans arms. Hangeng wrapped his arms around Heechul’s waist, pulling him close, making Kyuhyun freeze once again. ‘But...you still love me...right Rella?’ Hangeng said softly, brushing the hair out of his eyes. ‘Of course I do Hannie…’ Heechul whispered, but loud enough that Kyuhyun heard it. Kyuhyun turned walking away. His heart heavy, blending into the crowd as he headed away from them.

          ‘Of course I do Hannie’ Heechul gulped, pausing. He shoved the other away, ‘But you broke me. Kyuhyun cared enough to pick up the pieces. He is kind, caring. He’s the most beautiful creature I’ve ever laid eyes on and I love him with everything I have. I loved you. Now I love you as a brother, a best friend. I just wish you’d stop hurting my boyfriend and forget me’. Heechul wanted nothing more then to run home and find Kyuhyun. To wrap his arms around the beautiful man, places kisses all over his face and watch as Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up with love. Hangeng smirked, turning Heechul around, ‘Too bad he didn’t stick around to hear that part of your little speech, ne?’ Heechul stared confused, but then noticed it. Kyuhyun’s figure, clad in his favourite black coat, pushing through the crowds, away from them. Heechul went to go after him, his body seizing with fear but Hangeng pulled him back. ‘Let him go, the poor kid obviously needs time to think now that he’s heart has been broken by his ‘love’’. Heechul his heel, slapping Hangeng across the face hard. Tears collected in Heechul’s eyes, his eyes hard with hatred for the man in front of him. ‘I hate you Hangeng. Don’t you ever show your face in front of me again’. Heechul his heel, Hangeng laughter ringing in his ears as he tried to find Kyuhyun but it was too late. The younger had already disappeared.

            Kyuhyun sang, giving it his all, his eyes burning. The song cut off and Kyuhyun collapsed to the ground. His manager gazing at him worriedly. ‘Kyuhyun-ah, take it easy, we need you in perfect state for tomorrow, for the concert, ne?’ he said gently. Kyuhyun nodded weakly, the rest of Super Junior were gazing out at maknae from the wings. Sungmin gazed at everyone around him; Heechul was towards the back, looking at the ground. Sungmin felt his anger rising, he wanted to corner the older ever since Kyuhyun had come back to the hotel with tears in his eyes, pale faced. He’d refused to say anything but Sungmin knew something had happened. ‘Half an hour break everyone, get some water and cool off’ their manager yelled, going to discuss something with the technical people. Kyuhyun hadn’t moved, sitting with his knees bent, head in hands lowered between them. His body shaking slightly. Sungmin waited for Heechul to do something, to go hug him or bring him a drink but the older reminded gazing sadly at the maknae. Sungmin rolled his eyes, grabbing a wet towel and a cold bottle of water, stopping beside Heechul. ‘If you’re not going to take care of him then leave’ Sungmin said coldly, pushing past him. Heechul could only watch as Sungmin gently wiped the younger’s face, Kyuhyun muttering a soft thanks, sipping at the water. Sungmin was his hair softly, trying to coax the younger into talking to him but Kyuhyun waved him away. Sungmin sighed, giving up. There was no point in trying to get through to Kyuhyun when he wanted to be alone. He walked off, leaving the maknae alone on the stage, gazing out into the empty stands. Kyuhyun didn’t move, sitting frozen. He didn’t bother with the drink or the food that the staff offered him, just waved them off politely claiming he’d already eaten. Heechul sighed, cautiously making his way over to the maknae. He didn’t say anything, just sat behind him, pulling the younger into his arms. Kyuhyun didn’t fight, he didn’t react, just let himself fall into the others arms. He buried his head in Heechul’s shirt as Heechul held him tightly. Both boys were afraid to speak in fear of the other breaking or leaving. Kyuhyun stared at his ring, thinking to himself, ‘All good things must come to an end eventually. He wasn’t even yours to begin with Kyu….

a/n: Annyeong! ^^ I'm back, I'm going to try update weekly but bare with me. Trying to get this and my other stories going is quiet stressful but fun! Poor Kyu...Heechul's been lying to him...but for his own good accroding to Chullie...hm.,...I've a feeling that Hangeng isn't finished with Kyuhyun yet...we'll see ;) Saranghae!~Emmy