The Unwanted Words

Behind Locked Doors

 

 

              Donghae woke in the middle of the night. The room was filled with silence; only the soft snores of Eunhyuk could be heard. Donghae couldn’t help but smile at his lover’s adorableness. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair, trying to un-matt it as best as he could. A quick glance at his phone showed him it was past midnight. Donghae glanced around the room, moving away from Eunhyuk as he stretched his tired limbs. Leeteuk was still seated on the window sill, dried tears on his face. Donghae frowned as the older shivered, half of his body pressed against the cool glass of the window. Beside him were Siwon and Ara. Siwon had Ara’s head in his lap, a blanket draped over her slight body. Ara was very like her younger brother in how they both had a huggable waist, nicely curved figure and bubble . She had Kyuhyun’s original colour brown hair and slightly darker skin. Her small fingers clutched Siwon’s shirt as he unconsciously her hair in his sleep. Lastly Donghae rested his eyes on the couple behind him. Kyuhyun lay half on top of the sleeping diva, their legs tangled. Kyuhyun’s hand was splayed on Heechul’s chest as one of Heechul’s rested over it, their fingers intertwined. Heechul’s other arm was wrapped tightly over the maknae’s waist, preventing him from falling off the couch. Kyuhyun had his head buried in the crook of Heechul’s neck. Donghae smiled at the two. It was amazing just how well they fitted. Donghae had seen Heechul date a lot of guys. And some girls as well. From Jang Geun Suk to Jessica to Hangeng. Donghae had never seen someone that gave the older male as much life as Kyuhyun did. Never before had Heechul rushed to answer his phone or get home on time. Normally he’d make the other wait, make them want him so they’d never leave. With Kyuhyun, Heechul always answered, or text as soon as he could. He’d bounce in his seat the whole way home from recordings with excitement to see the maknae.  He always smiled, talked, laughed; it was such a change after the last few months. It had brought back the Hyung Donghae had known back when Super Junior was just a new debut band that weren’t sure if they’d make it.

               ‘Yah, Donghae-ah, it’s rude to stare ya know. I know I’m gorgeous and heart shatteringly beautiful but your staring is creepy’ Heechul teased. Donghae jumped slightly at the sight of his hyung’s dark eyes staring back into his own. ‘Yah! Hyung! Don’t scare me like that!” Donghae pouted up at him. Heechul laughed huskily, yawning behind his hand. Leaving Kyuhyun’s hand go to Kyuhyun’s tousled hair. ‘I didn’t scare you babo, it’s your fault for staring and daydreaming again’ Heechul informed him. A small smile on his lips as he watched Kyuhyun shift closer in his sleep. Seeking the warmth of his lover. Donghae’s tone softened, ‘You really love him Hyung, I can tell’. Heechul flicked his eyes to Donghae, rolling them in embarrassment, ‘You may be right Hae, I do love him’. Donghae smiled. That childish smile that Heechul wanted to protect and loved so much. ‘Ne Hyung. He’s your soul mate. Don’t you ever let him go, arraso?’ Donghae stated, cuddling back into Eunhyuk, closing his eyes, ‘He’s good for you Hyung. So good. He wouldn’t dare to break your heart. He’d rather die. I can tell. You love him as much as I love my Hyukjae. I like it like this. With you smiling and laughing and just not caring about anything else. You’re happy Hyung. I missed this. I missed the real Heenim, please don’t leave again or let him go. Please’. Heechul went to say something else but heard Donghae’s breathing deepen as he relaxed into Eunhyuk’s arms. Heechul laughed softly at his dongsaeng’s actions.

     ‘Good night Hyung, he’s right you know. You’re a lot happier these days’ Eunhyuk said sleepily as he cradled Donghae against him, standing carefully. Heechul groaned, ‘Now I’m getting love advice from an anchovy, the world must be ending’. Eunhyuk smiled, gazing at the couple, ‘It must be. I mean the evil maknae and the diva of Super Junior in a relationship? A serious one at that! Who knew’? Heechul laughed, waving him off as he carried the sleeping Donghae to his room. Heechul returned his gaze to the pretty face in front of him. Kyuhyun had scrunched up his nose cutely, a pout on his lips as he shivered. Heechul frowned as he realised the boy was only wearing a thin baggy white t-shirt and thin sweats. Heechul slipped an arm under Kyuhyun’s legs, ignoring how long they were. He kept Kyuhyun’s head tucked under his chin a hand supporting Kyuhyun’s back. He made sure to walk slowly as he headed back towards their now shared room. The only thing that bothered Heechul was how light the boy was for someone his age and height. Heechul thought he’d struggle to lift the other but he had no problem carrying him. He eased him onto the bed gently, kissing his forehead as Kyuhyun rolled over, reaching out for him. Heechul smiled, slipping under the covers. Once again taking his young lover into his arms and falling back into a deep relaxed sleep.

               ‘Kyuhyun-ah~’ sang their leader gently as he shook the maknae, careful not to wake the sleeping diva beside him. Kyuhyun groaned softly, rubbing his eyes, trying to focus. ‘Teukie-hyung?’ the maknae muttered sleepily. Leeteuk laughed softly, ‘It’s time to wake up Kyu-ah. We need to go shopping for the member’s presents before tonight’. Kyuhyun whined softly, rolling over and nuzzling into Heechul’s back. ‘But, I already have your presents’. Leeteuk sighed, pulling the maknae up softly, ‘Ne Kyu-ah, I know but we wanted to go out as a group so we can get some new decorations and put them all up before we start the party’. Kyuhyun opened an eye lazily, ‘You mean you want me to get out of bed and go with you so you can find something for Kangin-Hyung who’s going to visit your parents on his break for Christmas tomorrow, ne?’ Leeteuk blushed red, stuttering slightly, ‘Ne’. Kyuhyun smiled, ‘Ask Minnie, he’s the best present buyer, you know that’. Leeteuk sighed, giving up on the maknae. He ruffled his hair affectionately as he left in search of the pink bunny. Kyuhyun rolled back over to cuddle into Heechul again but found Heebum’s expectant green eyes staring at him. The grey Persian purred softly, rubbing against Kyuhyun’s cheek. Kyuhyun scratched behind the feline’s ear lovingly; it was hard not to love such a patient cat.

‘Alright Heebum-ah, I’m up’ Kyuhyun laughed. He slipped out of bed as the cat waited to be picked up and cuddled. He slipped on his warm slippers and cradle Heebum against his chest. As he walked down the corridor towards the kitchen he could hear Eunhyuk talking to Donghae through their door, snores from the spare room that he recognised to be Ara’s. She must have stayed the night he concluded.

         Kyuhyun placed Heebum down on the floor as the cat flicked its tail at the loss of Kyuhyun’s warm arms. The cat meowed loudly, gazing at him. Kyuhyun chuckled. ‘You’re just like Heechul, you know that Bummie? Just as impatient but totally loveable’ Kyuhyun teased, reaching for a can of tuna. Kyuhyun opened it and sat cross legged on the floor, ignoring the cold tiles. At some point in the night he’d kicked off his sweats from the heat. He picked Heebum up softly, placing the cat in his lap. The can of tuna on his leg. Heebum his hand in thanks before setting to work on devouring the food in front of him, purring contently. Kyuhyun rubbed the cat, loving the feel of its silky fur under his palm. He smiled to himself, lost in thought. ‘Even if he is a little impatient, it’s worth it. I mean, you know Heechul better then anyone I suppose. You know just how loving and caring he is’ Kyuhyun smiled happily, ‘And when he sleeps he curls up like a newborn kitten, all cuddly and soft. He sounds like one too when he stretches, making those little noises that I just love, he’s very captivating, your owner. I could spend my life just watching him and not regret a minute of it’. A chuckle sounded behind him, ‘You Know, sitting on the floor talking to a cat is a sign of craziness babe’. Kyuhyun tilted his head back. Heechul had snuck up on him and was watching from the doorway with a soft smile. He was wearing that grey jumper shirt that Kyuhyun loved, it slipped off one shoulder, his hair still tousled from sleep. ‘You do it the whole time Heenim’ Kyuhyun fired back. Heechul scoffed stepping closer, reaching for his hidden stash of Perpero sticks, ‘I am Kim Heechul, I do many things that people don’t dare to question. Kyuhyun smirked, placing an annoyed Heebum on the floor, stepping close to his lover ‘I know’. Heechul gazed over his lover, raising an eyebrow at the younger’s bare legs, ‘Hey Kyu? Where are your pants? Are you trying to tell me something or?’ Kyuhyun gulped, looking down at his pale bare legs. He blushed, opening and closing his mouth, tugging his t-shirt down over his boxers. Hands grabbed the backs of his thighs, lifting him onto the table. Heechul laughed as he stood between his legs, ‘You’re so adorable when you blush my Kyu-baby’. Kyuhyun gazed at him, rolling his eyes, ‘Says the man wearing the kitten boxers under those jeans’. Heechul a thumb over Kyuhyun’s cheekbone, “Oh shut up and kiss me or go put on some pants before I get too tempted’. Kyuhyun smirked softly, ‘I like option one better’. Heechul pressed his lips again Kyuhyun’s lips softly, ‘This is why I love you Cho’. Kyuhyun Just smiled into, the feeling of Heechul’s lips wakening his body. Sending sparks and shots of adrenaline through out his body as Heechul’s steady hands held his thighs softly.

     ‘Okay, wow, that’s just disturbing!’ Kyuhyun jumped, pulling away from Heechul’s lips as the diva glared over his shoulder. ‘There is absolutely nothing wrong with displaying my affection for my boyfriend in my home Miss Cho’ Heechul smirked, kissing Kyuhyun’s jaw. Kyuhyun bit his lip to stop the noise that he wanted to make, his face flushed from embarrassment or from kissing, he didn’t know. Ara stalked into the room, her long legs visible because much like her brother, all she wore was an oversized shirt. Siwon’s t-shirt to be exact. Siwon stood in the doorway, trying to contain his laughter at the awkward maknae stuck between his sister and his boyfriend. ‘There is when you were practically about to defile my baby brother on the kitchen table, don’t you know people eat off that thing?’ Heechul laughed, sarcasm inn his voice, ‘Thank you so much for enlightening on the use of a table, I simple thought it was a harder version of a bed to sleep on, thank you for this life changing information. Oh, and I’ve already ‘defiled’ him as you put it’. Kyuhyun felt his face heat up as he slipped off the table, standing beside Heechul, hitting his arm, ‘Y-yah!’ Heechul just looked at his lover, shrugging, ‘What? It’s the honest truth. It’s not like Siwon didn’t hit that last night’. Siwon gulped, looking away as the maknae glared at him, turning it to his sister who looked flustered but didn’t refuse anything. Kyuhyun just stood in shock before stalking out of the room, not knowing if he was hurt by Heechul’s bluntness or shock over his sister and the religious giant. Kyuhyun grabbed his clothes ignoring the look Donghae gave him as he pushed past him and locked the bathroom door.

         Donghae padded into the kitchen confused by Kyuhyun. He sensed the tense atmosphere between the three currently standing there. Ara glaring at Heechul who was looking out the door and Siwon who’s Shibrows were pointed with focus. ‘Why do I get the feeling that you both are about to murder Chul-ah’ Donghae asked. ‘Because he is an idiot!’ Ara fumed as Siwon wrapped his arms around her waist comfortingly. Heechul shot them a look, ‘The two of you have been going behind his back for months. He deserved to know. You’re lucky I just said it happened last night and not almost a year ago’. Ara shook her heard, ‘I was planning to tell him when everything with our father calmed down Heechul-Oppa’. Heechul; shrugged, ‘No, you weren’t, you were scared to tell him you’re dating his band member because you know he is protective and because Siwon is away a lo9t and he acts with other women and it might upset you. He’d want to protect you. You were the first person he called when we started dating’. With that said, Heechul left in search of his upset boyfriend. He found an empty bedroom and sighed, wondering where he’d have gone. Heechul listened carefully, relieved when he heard Kyuhyun singing and the sound of the shower. Heechul sat outside the door just listening to the maknae calm himself down. He ignored the hustling and bustling of all the members coming and going. The goodbyes shared between Ara and Siwon. Eventually when Kyuhyun emerged from the bathroom, he stood up, without a word a placed a kiss on his lovers damp lips to reassure him.

         The dorm was filled with drunken laughter once again. The others had arrived not too late after short radio schedules and had set to work immediately. Yesung had instated on helping Ryeowook cook the feast. Eunhyuk and Donghae spent the time laughing and chasing each other with reels of sparkling tin foil. Shindong and Nari talked quietly, laughing and sharing kisses as they hung the mistletoe in the door ways. Siwon was decorating the top of the tree since no one else could reach it with out a chair. Heechul was laughing and filling Kangin on everything he’d missed while Sungmin and Kyuhyun focused on decorating the rest of the tree with the endless amount of decorations they’d collected together and got from fans. ‘Kyu~ Will you put that one up there, I can’t reach?’ Sungmin pouted sadly. Kyuhyun laughed at the cuteness of his best-friend, ruffling Sungmins hair, ‘Ne, Minnie’. He took the fragile glass dancer from Sungmins hand and hung it neatly and carefully next to the Nut Cracker doll. Sungmin beamed up at him, wrapping his arms around his waist, ‘You’re the best Kyuhyunnie’. Kyuhyun smiled, cuddling his friend. He’d missed his cute Hyung. He missed sharing glasses of win with him at night, running compositions by him when he was unsure about it or when he needed someone to hug. He missed teasing the shorter male. He pulled Sungmin back, admiring their work on the tree. ‘We did good Minnie, ne?’ Kyuhyun smiled. Sungmin smiled back brightly, ‘Ne, Kyuhyunnie! Oh Look, food!’ Sungmin grabbed the youngers hand, dragging him over to the table to sit with him. Heechul slipped in beside them, feeling a little left out but smiled when he felt Kyuhyun’s hand soft circles into his thigh. He leaned his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and just listened to the younger talk and laugh while Heechul occasionally joined in.

           The night ended as they sat in a circle. Everyone in tears of laughter as they opened each others presents and gifts. They went until midnight, when the couples started disappearing one by one until they left only Kyuhyun and Heechul. Kyuhyun had snuck outside, leaning on the rails. He was wrapped in the new scarf Ryeowook had gotten him. He smiled as he felt the little velvet box in his pocket. Thinking of how Heechul would react when he gave it to him tomorrow night. They were spending the morning with the SHINee couples, 2min and Jongkey, as a triple Christmas date. Key was coming over to cook since neither Kyuhyun or Heechul could cook anything that didn’t involve anything more then pouring in hot water. Arms wrapped around Kyuhyun’s waist as he lost himself in thought. Heechul kissed Kyuhyun’s neck, cuddling him  softly, ‘Merry Christmas my Kyuhyunnie’. Kyuhyun placed a hand on his cheek, smiling, ‘Merry Christmas my Chullie’. Heechul; grabbed his hand pulling him back inside, ‘Let’s head to bed, ne?’ Kyuhyun nodded tiredly, pecking his lover’s cheek softly. He waved a goodnight to Leeteuk as he passed him. Leeteuk smiled at Heechul, ‘this arrived for you, must be from your sister’. Heechul smiled excitedly,’ Thanks Hyung!’ Leeteuk nodded, heading off as Kangin called for him, shouting a goodnight to Heechul. Heechul smiled as he held the package. It was a flat box, not to big. Heechul smiled, assuming it was a family photograph or a picture of him and his Noona messing around. He sat at the table, grabbing the knife and opening the edges carefully. Heechul smiled, he was right after all, it was a framed photograph. Heechul turned it over to see what crazy picture his sister had sent him. His heart stopped as he saw the photograph. Tears starting to threaten to spill as his throat dried up. The frame didn’t contain a picture of him or his sister as he’d expected. No, it was worse. It contained a picture of Hangeng and Heechul. Arms around each other, adoring looks on their faces. Hangengs lips pressed against Heechul’s cheek as Heechul laughed. Heechul dropped the frame on the table, suddenly feeling overwhelmingly sick and ill. His hands shook as he saw the note attached to it. ‘Merry Christmas Rella, I’ll be waiting for you. You’ll always be mine. Love, Hannie, your true prince charming’……..