Fiction.

Machine

If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairy-tales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after

-EXO's What is Love

 

 

"Luhan,why can't i sleep?"IU asked."I've tried to sleep....i've been trying to sleep every night,but i just can't...am i that unreal?"she continues."No,you're real",he answered."No,im not real,i dont even have a heart like yours,my heart is not even real...i cant even feel a thing",she says,frustated.Suddenly IU feels warmth around her body.Her 'brain' tells her that Luhan just gave her a hug.IU doesnt really understand this but she felt comfort when he hugged her."I'll try,even though im not perfect,even though im broken,i'll try to be perfect just for you",IU said.She tried to smile."No,stop it,youre already perfect..."Luhan said.

 

"You're the closest thing to perfection i've ever knew"

 

After two months living with IU,there's two things Luhan knows.One : IU wanted to live as a human,Luhan doesnt really understand why but IU wanted to feel the things that human feels,and Luhan knew that this is stressing her up.And this hurts Luhan too for no clear reason at all.And second : he's not sure of what he feels about IU.Their relationship have turned into something bigger thann what Luhan have expected.

Luhan starts to let her to freely explore the neighborhood and gave her a cellphone.While Luhan is studying,IU befriends a lot of Luhan neighbors like Sehun,Baekhyun,and Chanyeol."Whaaa?"Chanyeol's eyes met hers.Chanyeol looks reaaally closely at her eyes...he noticed something weird.

And that's how he discovers that IU is not one from their kind.But luckily,Chanyeol treats her just like another human being."Chanyeol,why Luhan always said that he's lonely?Luhan said that he needed a friend,but after meeting you,Sehun,and Baekhyun i realized that Luhan have a lot of friends...why is he  telling me that he's lonely?"

And then everything makes sense."Luhan was a 13 year..."Chanyeol begins to tell IU Luhan's story.

"Luhan was a 13 year old boy back then,his dad was the owner of one of the biggest companies in China,his parents goes out of the country often,but even though his parents barely have time for him,he still love & cared about them",Chanyeol said.

*flashback*

It was summer holiday when Luhan's parents are in France for their work.Riyoung is hanging out with her friends which means Luhan have nobody to interact with at home (except their maids,of course).Riyoung told him to stay at home with their maids.But this time Luhan disobeys her and decided to go to the park near their house.

There,he met a girl.The girl dont really have a beautiful face but it attracts Luhan because of her bright smile."Ah!im sorry!" the 13 years old Luhan said when he accidentally throws his ball to an elder girl's head."It's alright",she says."That day,he befriend someone named Eunjung,or whatever her real name is.

Luhan started to grow close to Eunjung and came to the park almost everyday on the rest of that summer.She became his bestfriend and she fills in Luhan's loneliness.She turns the black and white in his world into colorfulness.

Until one night after his parents came home,Luhan found Eunjung standing,carrying a gun above his parents bodies

*flashback end*

"It turns out that Eunjung was a relative of the owner of one of the companies that Luhan's parents have a rivalry with,and sure,she used a fake name.The police went to trace her but Eunjung's so smart she doesnt left any trace,Luhan's so shocked that he have troubles to trust people and he even moved to Korea",Chanyeol finished.

 

When Luhan comes home,he got a surprise hug by IU."What's wrong?" he asked."No,nothing is wrong".In IU's 'heart' she promised to make Luhan as happy as a machine like her can.

And just like that,they lives their very own fiction.Luhan sometimes delude himself into believing that IU is fully human,but he still can't ran away from the reality; IU is everything but a human.

And little did they know,reality catches up to them.just a few weeks later.

 

 

To Be Continued.