Chapter 2

My Beloved Princess

 

 

The next day, Eunhee woke up to a knock on her door. She lazily stood up and opened the door. She rubbed her eyes and saw her uncle smiling at her with a lunch box in his hands. 


"What is this for uncle?" she asked. 
"You're going there later right? Take this with you." he said still smiling. 
Eunhee looked at the lunch box and felt warm and happy inside but she didn't show it. She nodded and took the lunch box from his uncle. 

"Okay. I have to go now. Bye Eunhee. Have a safe trip." he waved before leaving with his wife. She closed the door and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Once done, she took the towel and wrapped it around her slim body. She looked at her reflection on the full-length mirror and sighed.  She slowly caressed the scars still visible on her arms caused by cigarettes. This was the reason why she always wore long sleeved clothing. 


After fixing herself, she went out to do her daily routine. 
 

 

 

 

- Later that Day -

"Annyeonghaseyo Ahjumma!" she greeted the old lady sitting at the reception area. The old lady smiled as she saw Eunhee entering the building. 
"What a pleasant surprise Eunhee. What took you so long? The kids missed you!" she exclaimed.
"I got sick Mrs. Kim. But I'm here now." she said while rubbing the back of her neck. 
Mrs. Kim smiled at her. "The kids are playing in the backyard." Eunhee nodded and went to the backyard. 

 

 

As soon as the kids saw Eunhee, they all ran to her. Each one of them hugged Eunhee and asked her different questions.

“Unnie! Unnie! What took you so long?” a girl asked her while holding a teddy bear.

“Yeah Noona. We missed you!” Chunjo dragged her towards the other kids. Eunhee played with the kids not noticing Mrs. Kim and her husband silently watching them.

 

“Eunhee never really smiles but the kids love her.” Mr. Kim said to his wife.

Mrs. Kim nodded. “I guess the kids can feel her warmth even with her cold exterior.”  

 

After playing for several hours, Eunhee and the kids decided to eat lunch together. Mrs. Kim prepared a variety of dishes for everyone. Eunhee took out her lunchbox and imagined how much effort her uncle had put into making it. It almost made her cry.

 

 

“Noona, who made that for you?” Chunjo asked.

Eunhee smiled slightly and said, “It was my uncle.”

“You’re so lucky Noona.” The little boy said then continued eating.

Yes, I am very lucky. Eunhee thought while eating her lunch.

 

 

 

After lunch, Eunhee decided to head home, afraid that her Aunt might get mad again. She always assumes that Eunhee is going off somewhere and having fun because only her uncle knows about her daily visits to the orphanage.

She hurriedly took her bag, not noticing she dropped something and said goodbye to everyone. She went home as fast as she could to avoid another beating from her aunt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim was cleaning the backyard. There were toys, several shoes missing their pairs and left-over food from lunch. She was almost finished when she stepped on something. She picked up the picture frame and was surprised to see a familiar face….

 

 

“Eun Ae..?”

 

 

====

Annyeong! Second chapter is up! And I know, it's kinda boring but this is where the REAL story starts. BAM BAM BAM BAM!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter. Bye!

Hers's some Hyunseung gif for you guys. My cousin (Sam Sung Chang) likes him. A LOT. Aha!

I love you guys! <3