Chapter 1

My Beloved Princess

 

 

“SLAP!” Eunhee touched her burning cheek. It stung but she stood there showing no kind of emotion. She was used to it anyway.

 

“You’re such an eyesore to our family. Do you know that?” her aunt snapped at her. Yes, I know that.

 

“You brought bad luck in our family. I knew it was a mistake when my husband took you here when you were a baby.” She added. I know.

 

Eunhee looked at her aunt without any emotions I her eyes. She was used to it. She was used to her aunt slapping her. She was used to her hurtful words every now and then that she can’t feel anything.. anymore.

 

“Look Eunhee.” Her aunt took out a black cocktail dress with white stains on it. She looked at it for a second then back at her aunt.

 

“This right here is my favorite dress. But you ing destroyed it. What can you do? You can’t even afford to buy something like this.” She threw the dress in front of her face.

 

“You’re lucky my husband is your uncle or I would have thrown you out already. I don’t even know why my husband allowed you live here for free. I can’t wait for the day that your uncle would realize that he made a mistake bringing you here.” She scoffed before leaving.

 

Eunhee stood there in her room for a minute before finally breaking down. She took a picture under her pillow and looked at it while crying.

 

“Umma, I wish you were still here.” She said as she hugged the picture to her chest.

 

====

 

Eunhee woke up to the noises outside her room. She was still holding her mother’s picture. She looked at the clock on her bedside table and it said that it was already 8 in the evening. She might have fallen asleep while she was crying earlier.

 

“Eunhee?” a man in his 40’s peeked through the door. Eunhee sat up and quickly hid the picture under her pillow.

 

“Ne uncle?” she asked. His uncle entered the room and sat on one of the chair inside her room.

 

“How are you Sweetie?” he asked when suddenly her aunt went inside her room and stood beside him. Eunhee glanced at her and saw her glaring at her.

 

Her uncle noticed his wife’s presence and looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back as she sat next to him.

“Eunhee, your uncle was asking you a question.” She said while smiling at her.

 

She looked at them blankly and said she was okay. Her uncle nodded and smiled at her. “That’s good to know right dear?” he looked at his wife sitting beside.

 

“Of course Honey. It would be bad if she wasn’t feeling okay. It only means we’re not doing a great job being her godparents.” She faked a smile.

 

She knew her aunt hated being her godmother. The moment she entered their household her aunt showed her how much she hated Eunhee. She made her feel her hatred towards her. Making her who she is now.

 

But it was unknown to her uncle. She remembered when she tried telling him what his wife was doing to her when he was always away. He asked his wife if it was true and told him that she was still young and that maybe Eunhee was just imagining things. Next thing she knew, she was being punished by her aunt with a belt. She also remembered being burnt by cigarettes. Her uncle noticed it and asked where it came from. Afraid that her aunt might punish her again, she lied to him. Saying that she was playing with paper and fire outside their house.

 

“Anyway we have a busy day tomorrow. Go sleep and rest Eunhee.” Eunhee nodded and stood before opening the door for them.

 

“Goodnight Uncle and Aunt.” She said before closing the door. Eunhee sighed and flopped herself to her bed before drifting away to dreamland.

 

====

First chapter. Finally! Thank you for my cousin for helping me with this. She wants to be called Sam Sung Chang. Lol XD Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. Thank you for subscribing. Do comment too btw! I'd love to read your comment about it. :)

Annyeong! See you on the next chapter! :)