The Brunette and The Red Haired Girls

Babysitting Tiffany
 
CHAPTER 1 - THE BRUNETTE AND THE RED HAIRED GIRLS
 
"You've got to be kidding me.." Tiffany thought. She hurriedly trailed down the staircase. She was heading to the living room, as her dad said her new baby sitter had waited her there. "Why would I need a baby sitter?" She scoffed at the thought she would have someone to look after her 24/7. She stopped her steps when someone caught her eyes at the corridor. She watched the girl carefully. "Hey, who are you? I've never seen you before." Tiffany rubbed her eyes and stifled her yawn. The girl shifted her gaze from the window to the red haired girl. Her gaze roamed Tiffany's body. In Tiffany's weary eyes, she looked like a .
 
"Didn't your mother teach you about manners?"
 
"Did I violate you? I just stare at you."
 
The latter said, expressionless. Tiffany was dumbfounded. She looked at the girl. She had angelic face and perfect jawline. Her thin body clad with simple raglan shirt and tight denim jeans. Her white nail polish sparkled at the tip of each fingers. Her brownish bangs was messy, but it made her look cute.
 
"Are you zoning out? Hello? Miss?"
 
The girl waved her hand in front of Tiffany's face. Tiffany blinked. She narrowed her eyes and leaned to her but the latter didn't budge.
 
"Who are you? And what are you doing in my house?"
 
"I'm Jessica. This is your house? Then I assume you are Tiffany." The brunette smiled a little. "I'm your new baby sitter."
 
 
"H-hey, hey.. Tiffany? Tiffany wake up!" Jessica kneeled and held Tiffany's body. Tiffany suddenly collapsed after hearing her introduction. "What's wrong with her..? Geez." Jessica patted Tiffany's cheek and shook her body but Tiffany didn't respond.
 
"My first day at work but I already make her faint."
 
Jessica rolled her eyes. She lifted her body and brought her to a nearby sofa she saw before. Despite her small body, she was able to carry Tiffany; which in fact taller than Jessica.
 
 
"Tiffany, wake up."
 
"Tiffany."
 
"Tiffany."
 
"Hey, wake up or I will.."
 
"You will what?!" Tiffany abruptly awoke. She looked directly at Jessica's brown eyes. The close proximity between her face and Jessica's face was...so close. The tip of her nose even touched when she moved, but she backed away a little.
 
"I will call someone to wake you up. But that's not necessary now."
 
"..."
 
"Then why your face is so close to mine?" Tiffany stuttered. She watched the latter's lips, then she her dry lips unconsciously.
 
"Then why you your lips seductively?" Jessica slyly smirked. She retreated her face quickly and turned around. "I'm not paid to seduce or to kiss you, Tiffany."
 
"So, it's true that you're my new maid?"
 
Tiffany arched her eyebrow. She couldn't think anything except the girl who now had her back facing her. The latter turned to face her and crossed her arm.
 
"Of course."
 
 
 
"See? You two are already close even though it's only 5 minutes you guys know each other."
 
Tiffany and Jessica looked at the man who spoke from across the room. Tiffany approached him.
 
"Daddy! What's this all about?" Tiffany protested. She held her father hands, whining this and that while Jessica walked outside the room.
 
"Tiffany, I need her to look after you."
 
"I am fine dad. I don't need anyone to watch over me."
 
Tiffany saw her father sighed. She looked to another direction. She realized Jessica was gone. She brought her attention back to her father when he patted her head.
 
"Tiffany, I'm worried. You always come home late. Late as in very late. You home by dawn or even morning. You even come home drunk."
 
"That's normal for someone who is in her early 20s daddy."
 
"I'm also worried something else might happen to you.."
 
Tiffany's father voice softened. It was full of concern. Tiffany sensed there's something fishy but she just nodded. Her father ruffled her hair only to make her pout cutely, but she liked it anyway. He seldom came home, so it's always nice to see him before he gone to work.
 
"Mr. Hwang, may I know where my room is?" Jessica appeared with her luggage and stuffs.
 
"Oh, I almost forgot. Sweetheart I'm already late for meeting, so now can you help her find her room? It's right next to your room, by the way." Before Tiffany could argue, Mr. Hwang planted a small kiss on her forehead and headed to the doorway.
 
"Have fun, kiddos!"
 
 
 
Tiffany glanced at Jessica who was expressionless, all the time. 'I think I will have to teach her some expression if she is about to be with me. I don't want people think I hang out with someone vacuous like her.' Tiffany nodded a little as she thought. 'Wait, am I anticipating her so much?'
 
"Hey, you hear what your dad said right? Come on, I'm tired bringing this luggage everywhere."
 
Jessica's voice snapped her back to reality. No matter how many times Tiffany would look at her, she looked expressionless. "But she's still pretty..." Tiffany quickly covered . 'What the eff did I just blurt out she's pretty?'
 
 
"What?"
 
"N-nothing. Let's go.."
 
 
*
 
 
"There you go, this is your room.... err I guess."
 
Tiffany stepped away from a modest wooden door with metal handlebar after she opened it to let Jessica take a look at her room.
 
"Why you sound uncertain?" Jessica eyed the girl.
 
"Because my dad just told me this morning, duh!"
 
Tiffany rolled her eyes. She noticed Jessica wasn't attracted to her new room, but another place. A place that she's certain about its existence, her very own room.
 
"That means it's your room, right Tiff?" Jessica asked but her eyes fixated on a big two-door wooden door on her right, by the end of the corridor.
 
"Umm yeah."
 
Ignoring the red haired girl, Jessica walked toward the aforementioned door.
 
"What the...hey! Stop!"
 
Jessica was already in front of the door and was about to open it when Tiffany came in between.
 
"Are you nuts?! I'm your employer! How dare you!"
 
"Well, as your nanny, I need to know the environment you're living in, duh!"
 
"Do not 'duh!' me!" Tiffany pointed her index finger to Jessica's face while the other hand rested on her hips.
 
"And don't call me 'Tiff', call me Fany!" She turned around and slammed her door on Jessica’s face.
 
 
 
"Fany."
 
Jessica called out but the latter didn't bother to answer. Jessica knocked on the door while kept shouting for Tiffany but Tiffany was stubborn enough to not caring her. After a while knocking nonstop, finally Tiffany gave in. She popped out her head from behind the door with annoying look.
 
"Mind your own business!"
 
"I just want to say, you better freshen up. You have morning class and...you smell like alcohol. I think you spilled your drinks on your pink night robe."
 
Jessica was smiling, it was a genuine smile Tiffany ever witnessed from her. She watched her retreating back walking down the corridor to her room and vanished. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. Tiffany gasped when she realized something. She looked down only to see her favorite night robe.
 
"So...all this while, I'm only wearing this..?"
 
Tiffany sniffed her night robe and shook her head..
 
"I'm doomed, I do smell like alcohol. Yuck!"
 
 
*
 
 
"Good morning, boom oppa!"
 
 
Tiffany eagerly greeted a mid-age man who was preparing breakfast to be ready.
 
"Good morning, Tiffany. You look great today, as usual."
 
"Thank you, boom oppa." Tiffany took a seat at the dining table and sipped her milk. "What to eat today?"
 
"It's carbonara and toasted bread, there's strawberry and chocolate jam too. If you want more cheese just ask me."
 
"Umm.. Carbonara is too much, I'll just take the bread."
 
 
"You sure? But Carbonara is good to boost your energy. There are enough proteins for your busy schedule today." Jessica suddenly appeared and sat next to Tiffany. She grabbed the bread and put it on . "What?" She said with bread still hanging on .
 
"Nothing..."
 
Tiffany seemed losing words when it comes to Jessica. She watched Jessica struggled with the strawberry jam.
 
"Here, let me help you." Tiffany opened the jam in one swift motion. She smiled proudly, hoping it would impress the brunette.
 
"Thank you." It was all she heard. She hissed.
 
"I have inability too. That's one of many."
 
"Really? I thought you're somehow perfectionist."
 
"I'm not the type who hides my weakness. If I can't, then I can't."
 
This made Tiffany wondered what else could be her weaknesses.
 
"Tell me about your weaknesses, then."
 
"It's not something to spill out. Who knows someone will reap the benefit from it." Jessica said casually as she spread the strawberry jam on her bread.
 
Tiffany dropped her jaw. 'This girl is really unpredictable. And annoying. And upsetting!' she thought.
 
"Why would I reap the benefit from my nanny?" Tiffany tried so hard not to roll her eyes in annoyance right now.
 
"I don't know, maybe you will strangle me later on."
 
Tiffany's eyes almost pop out from its sockets. She gritted her teeth at her total bluntness.
 
"How could my dad hire you, you useless blunt irritating girl!"
 
Tiffany hit the table once and stood up. She was outraged. She dashed to her room.
 
"Am I... too blunt?"
 
 
*
 
 
Sobbing sound could be heard from Tiffany's bedroom. She was crying. She laid on her bed and covered her face with pillow.
 
Tiffany wasn't sure why did she cry.
 
"Why would I cry? Is it because of her? It's no big deal, but why am I crying?"
 
She dug deeper into the pillow, her head moved up and down because of sobbing hard.
 
"Is it because she has gotten into my nerves? but why? I'm a big girl! Big girl never cries!" She hit and kicked the bed.
 
 
"Big girl can also cry."
 
A voice made she stopped her hits and kicks but she stayed still in her position.
 
"Hey take a breath. You may die if you keep burying your head there."
 
 
Slowly, Tiffany rose up from her previous position. It was obvious that it was none other than Jessica. Her head hung low, didn't want to have eye contact with the brunette. Tears kept streaming down her cheek. She didn't bother to wipe it anyway.
 
Jessica approached Tiffany. She held her face with her hands. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Jessica wiped her tears with a hankie.
 
"I'm sorry, Fany."
 
Again, Jessica flashed her previous genuine smile, but now there's something different. The lips moved forward, closer to Tiffany's unmoving lips. Tiffany closed her eyes. She didn't have any idea why but her brain told her to. She waited until something soft pressed against her lips.
 
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED :P

 

JETI <3