EIGHT - Cause baby tonight...

Baby, Don't Cry

 

"You seem preoccupied."

Kyungsoo looked up to see Joonmyeon beside him, curiously peering at him over a stack of music sheets he was holding. They were in the music room this time so they can use the piano.

"Ah, no. It's nothing." Kyungsoo felt guilty because he was preoccupied. His mind was not on the song they were working on but on what happened in the kitchen two nights ago. Up until now even he wasn't sure what happened.

 

One moment he was busily chopping onions and the next he was trapped between a very intent looking Jongin and the kitchen sink. His heart felt ready to jump from his chest as he watched Jongin lean closer, he wanted to but he couldn't look away.

He still felt mortified cause at some point he wanted Jongin to move faster and get on with kissi- whatever he wanted to do. So he didn't know what to feel when they were interrupted by Sehun's phone call. Oh Sehun, the master of great timing.

After listening to Sehun's problem with Luhan, Kyungsoo was not sure what to expect when he returned to the kitchen. He couldn't not comeback, there was the spaghetti to cook. He nervously entered and saw a very normal Jongin sitting by the table looking bored. Looking as if nothing happened. Looking as if he didn't just tip Kyungsoo's chin towards him for a kiss.

"I'm starved. Can the princess please hurry along with the cooking?" Jongin said.

That wasn't what he expected the devil to say but he went straight to the counter to finish cooking.

"You might have noticed, I did say please." Jongin said with a smirk.

"Yeah, that was so unexpected I'm having a heart attack right now." Kyungsoo said, falling easily into their usual bantering. This is familiar. This, he knows.

Jongin was still spouting nonsense up until the meal was served in which case he was too busy filling his mouth with food to talk. Kyungsoo discreetly glanced at him from time to time across the table wondering if he just imagined what happened earlier. But that was dispelled when he stood up to carry the dirty dishes to sink to wash them. He felt Jongin stand beside him.

"In light with the great food, I volunteer to wash the dishes tonight, princess."

"Don't bother. Last time you did it only 2 bowls were left without cracks."

"That wasn't my fault. Why did they invent those dishwashing liquids to be slippery?"

"Nope, I'm not gonna answer that."

Jongin chuckled but turned quiet shortly. "About earlier? I was just funning you. Don't sweat it, your highness." He patted Kyungsoo's head and walked away.

He should've known really. He should have known when Jongin touched him that it was just a joke. They've been non-friends for five years, anything more is impossible. Besides, Kyungsoo will never fall in love. It will never happen.

 

"I lost you again." Joonmyeon said with a laugh.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I'm just a little tired. This song is killing me, hyung." Kyungsoo joked.

"Well, that's why I'm here to help. The song's good enough but I just think we have to work on the bridge part."

"I know. It doesn't have a ."

"In any case, you still have two weeks so I think we have time."

"Thanks a lot for your help, hyung. I really don't know what I would do without you."

"Stop it. You're making an old man like me blush." Joonmyeon playfully patted Kyungsoo's head.

It's not the same, Kyungsoo unconsciously thought. It's different when Jongin pats his head. Kyungsoo mentally shook himself from those unbidden thoughts. But it’s as if his mind called on Jongin cause suddenly there he was by the doorway wearing that devil may care smile of his.

 

 

 

 

Jongin wanted to tear that Joonmyeon guy from limb to limb as he saw him pat his Kyungsoo's head. But he was young and didn't want to spend his life in jail so he settled for a cool smile and a nod in greeting as he sauntered inside the music room with his friend Yixing.

Originally, he was out to find Sehun and torture the hell out of him but he was nowhere to be seen. What he found was Yixing looking bored in the midst of gaggling fangirls and boys and decided to rescue his mate from the lot of them. He had to submit himself to the fawning of the said fans but anything for a friend, right?

They decided to hangout downtown. He was going to call Kyungsoo and tell him that he'll not be eating dinner at home but the music room's just near and really he wanted to see the short guy. So he dragged Yixing along to talk to Kyungsoo first before going. He knows that he was with that Joonmyeon-ahjussi, they've been together too many times lately, but he didn't expect to walk in on them while they're spending some lovey-dovey time together.

He already berated himself too many times after chickening out two days ago. Seeing how nervous Kyungsoo was after the averted kiss, he decided to make progress some other time and passed everything off as a joke. He saw how relieved the older boy was and he believed he made the right decision to wait but he was having second thoughts after seeing him with another guy.

He is waiting for the right time but that doesn't mean Kyungsoo can go around being sweet to other boys especially that perfect Joonmyeon, he thought indignantly.

"Jongin-ah, what brings you here?" Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin just noticed how close Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon were sitting at the piano seat so he squeezed himself in what little space was in between them before answering.

"Ah, yes. I'm going downtown with Yixing. Remember him?" Jongin said while pointing at his friend.

"Hi." Yixing waved and smiled at the sight of Kyungsoo, Jongin and Joonmyeon squished together at the short piano seat.

Joonmyeon probably understood that smile because he stood up to give Jongin some space. Jongin thought he looked a little uncomfortable but he had important things to take care of so he decided to forget about Joonmyeon's presence.

"Yeah, he was the other main performer at the showcase right? You were really great there. I was actually surprised that they had you perform with Jongin and Sehun. You're way way better than them." Kyungsoo said with a smile.

Jongin looked with some surprise as Yixing's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink and he fidgeted with his bonnet which made it slide lower on his forehead.

"Stop flirting, princess."

"Shut up. Yixing-ssi, this is Joonmyeon-hyung. He's my senior in Composition." Kyungsoo said introducing his friend. "He's great at composing as you are great in dancing."

"Yeah, I know of him. Nice to meet you." Yixing turned to Joonmyeon.

"It's nice to meet you, too. I also saw you at the showcase. It was a great performance." Joonmyeon said with an admiring smile.

Jongin paid no more mind to the two as he put his attention to the guy beside him.

"I won't be home till late so don't wait up for me."

"I never wait up for you." Kyungsoo said without looking at him.

"I don't want you to cry in your pillow missing me."

"I don't care if you ever come back." The older boy said, still not looking.

Jongin wanted Kyungsoo to look at him and not at the music sheets.

"But if you wait up for me maybe we can continue where we left off the other night..."

With a gasp Kyungsoo turned to Jongin and covered the other boy's mouth with his palm as his eyes darted to the other two people in the room who was luckily engrossed in their conversation. Jongin smiled against Kyungsoo's hand but the older boy quickly snatched his hand back.

"What? I can volunteer to wash the dishes again." Jongin said with a devilish gleam to his eyes. "Why the reaction? What were you thinking we'd continue?"

He stood up and didn't wait for Kyungsoo's answer. So you were thinking about that, Jongin thought happily to himself. It was gratifying to know that Kyungsoo wasn't able to completely erase the memory of the almost kiss as Jongin thought the short boy had.

"See you later, your highness." Jongin said with a backward wave as he walked to the door. But then he noticed that Yixing was still in conversation with the Joonmyeon-ahjussi. "Yixing, let's go."

"Yeah, so yeah. I need to go." Yixing told Joonmyeon as he pointed his thumb back at Jongin.

"Oh, ok. See you around then." Joonmyeon said, smiling.

Jongin watched as Yixing reluctantly went to his side so they can go. He rolled his eyes when his friend turned back again to wave goodbye at the other boy and receive a wave in return.

Outside, Jongin put his arm across his friend's shoulder as they walked and said, "Don't be too obvious man or he'll eat you alive."

Yixing gave him a snort. "Yeah, how you're not obvious yourself. That little boy's got you in the palm of his hand."

"You're wrong. It's the other way around." Jongin said confidently.

"Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night."

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was in a snit. He had been fuming all afternoon after the way Jongin teased and left him without even giving him the chance to answer back. He was not thinking about that... that almost kiss!

Well, he wasn't atleast not until Jongin said something about continuing where they left off. What was he to think? He really should've known better. Jongin would never do something like that if he wasn't planning on using it to annoy him to hell.

It was tiring how Jongin seems to always have the last word when they spar. He was Do Kyungsoo for chrissakes, he isn't a loser and he is not a sissy. And he most certainly is not a princess. It was time he knocked down that spawn of the devil a peg or two and he thinks he knows just how to do it.

 

It was around 11:00pm when the door opened. All the lights were off and Kyungsoo heard Jongin fumbling with the light switch. He was sitting on the sofa waiting for when Jongin will see him. The lights filled the room and he saw Jongin stop on his tracks.

"Woah, your highness. You scared me. I thought you were already asleep." Jongin said as he saw Kyungsoo. He looked at his watch. "It's already late, what're you doing still up?"

Kyungsoo smiled seductively and stood up. You'll never know what hit you, Kyungsoo thought. He walked slowly towards Jongin and said, "You said that if I wait up for you we'll continue where we left off the other night."

"Uh..."

Kyungsoo reached Jongin and slowly walked around him in circles. Yeah, everything in slow motion. "I'm thinking I'll take you up on your offer."

"Uh..."

Stopping behind Jongin, he put his hands on Jongin's shoulders, raised himself on his toes so he can whisper into his ear. "What do you say?"

Kyungsoo felt Jongin shudder as he blew air on the taller guy's ear. He turned a dazed looking Jongin around so his back was to the sofa and he was facing him.

"Kyungsoo-ah... I mean, your highness..." Jongin looked shocked.

Kyungsoo was mentally laughing at the expression on the other boy's face. Just a little more.

He started stalking Jongin forward as the other retreated with every step. Yeah, run all you can but you can't escape.

"What's the matter? Did you change your mind?" Kyungsoo asked as he kept on forcing him to walk backwards until the back of his knees hit the sofa and Jongin fell sprawled on it.

Right where I want you, Kyungsoo couldn't help but smile in triumph. He walked in between Jongin's legs and leaned close, putting his hands against the back of the sofa, on either side of the younger boy's head.

"Uh..."

"Not too talkative tonight, are we?" Kyungsoo said as he leaned even closer, their noses almost touching.

"No." Jongin sounded hoarse.

"Then we might as well proceed." Kyungsoo whispered, sounding a little hoarse himself. Kyungsoo leaned even closer and saw Jongin's eyes close slowly. Gotcha!

He lifted his right hand and patted Jongin's head. The boy quickly opened his eyes, surprised.

"Don't worry I was just funning you." Kyungsoo said, straightening from his position. "Don't sweat it, Frog." He smirked.

Kyungsoo was already turning away when Jongin's hands shot from his sides and pulled him so that he was back to his former position over the younger boy. The difference was his hands are now resting against Jongin's chest. And one of Jongin's hands was cupping his neck.

"Not so fast, princess."

And before Kyungsoo could react Jongin pulled him closer and placed his lips on top of his for a kiss that was five years in the making.

 

 

 

 

A/N: waaaahhh.. Idk what made me write the chapter like this..*giggles*

I just thought Kyungsoo needed to be on top this time..kekeke    <-----THIS IS A JOKE, GUYS!XD

what do u guys think? Comments please? 

Sorry it took so long for this update to post.. It was a really hard chapter.. just shows how amateur I am..HAHA

Sorry for randomly putting Lay in the fic.. It was actually a birthday gift for my sis cause for some reason SuLay is her OTP..XD

RLAB at the title..it's actually bec I just watched a fancam of EXO+TTS perf in SMTOWN TW.. *sings "cause baby toniiiiight, the DJ's got us fallin in love agaaaain!"*

The story's turning differently from what I first thought it to be, ne?

 

PS: If u've nothing to do.. let's spazz together on twitter! Mine's @kyukei17 or on tumbr http://kyukei17.tumblr.com