Ten - The Frog gets the Princess

Baby, Don't Cry

 

Jongin was thinking that Sehun's torture was long overdue.

He finally had Kyungsoo to himself and had all his speech prepared. He's got to do something about this Sehun-Luhan affair.

"But it's really getting harder and harder each time." Sehun complained to his friends.

And as if Sehun's presence isn't enough of a nuisance, Chanyeol came stomping through the door. What is this, a damned circus?

"What is?" Chanyeol asked. "I don't know what's going anymore."

"Kyungsoo and Sehun have this half baked plan of making Luhan work for Sehun's heart, right? Excuse me awhile while I gag." And Jongin proceeded to gag exaggeratedly and only stopped when he felt a pillow hit his head. He just laughed at Kyungsoo's murderous glare and continued. "But as we all know, Sehun is such a sissy he can't take it anymore."

Then Jongin directed his gaze at Sehun. "You know you can't resist Luhan for long. So stop it already."

"It's just been three days, Jongin. Don't you think Sehun should hold out for a week atleast?" Jongin was surprised to see Kyungsoo look and talk directly at him. Atleast there was something good that came out from the invasion of their dorms. Kyungsoo was no longer dodging him and was back to normal. Sort of.

"But can't you see the poor boy?" Jongin said while pointing at Sehun, testing how Kyungsoo will respond. "He's dying!"

"Stop exaggerating!" Kyungsoo looked at Sehun. "Although, you're right. He looks like a whipped puppy."

So far so good, Jongin thought. He tuned out Sehun and Chanyeol's voices, focusing more on Kyungsoo. Jongin watched as his face reflected worry, sympathy and affection for Sehun. Wait... what? Affection?

"Are you in love with Sehun?" Jongin blurted out of nowhere. His friends looked at him like he was out of his mind.

"Are you crazy? Do you think I'm crazy?" Kyungsoo looked as if he wanted to hit him with the pillow again.

"Well..." Jongin shrugged. "You always drop everything else when Sehun calls."

"I do not." Kyungsoo said defensively.

Yeah, you do, Jongin thought.

"So what do you plan to do now?" Chanyeol asked Sehun.

"I don't know." Sehun sighed.

"In any case, you don't have to call me everytime Luhan makes your knees weak. I have a life too, you know." Kyungsoo told Sehun. Jongin wanted to jump for joy.

"But it’s the only way I can fight it." Sehun explained.

"Kyungsoo's nagging turns me off, too." Jongin laughed, he's happy.

"Yeah, well, no dinner for you. Again." Kyungsoo threatened. Jongin felt even happier after that.

"You already cooked dinner." Jongin said confidently.

"Chanyeol, you're hungry right?" Kyungsoo asked his friend. "I have pasta in the kitchen."

"You said it!" Chanyeol stood up from the sofa to eat.

Holy sh-t! Kyungsoo was playing dirty.

"Don't you dare!" Jongin stood up quickly and raced with Chanyeol to the kitchen leaving Kyungsoo and Sehun to work out their Luhan problems. Kimchi spaghetti's more important.

"Put that down!"

"Kyungsoo-ah said it's mine." Chanyeol had a fork poised over the spaghetti on the table.

"No, he said he has pasta in the kitchen. He didn't say it's yours." Jongin was at the other end of the table looking intently at the fork.

"But I'm hungry." Chanyeol began lowering the fork towards the plate.

"Stop! Tell me what you want and it's yours."

"I really want to eat this. It's been ages since I ate food that Kyungsoo cooked."

"No one touches my kimchi spaghetti."

"It's just pasta, sheesh." Chanyeol proceeded to scoop a portion up and was suddenly assaulted by Jongin who held on to the arm that was holding the fork.

From then on it was a battle for dominance. Chanyeol had the advantage of height so he kept on pulling his arm upward to get the food near his mouth. But Jongin was more tenacious. It was Kyungsoo's kimchi spaghetti they were talking about here. That thought spurred him on even more. So he did what any healthy, mature male human being would do in this situation: he bit Chanyeol's arm.

"Aaaaaaah!"

"What are you two doing?" Kyungsoo said from the kitchen doorway, brows raised.

"Jongin bit me!" Chanyeol complained.

"He was eating my spaghetti!" Jongin answered.

"Jongin bit me!" Chanyeol repeated.

"You were eating my spaghetti!"

"You bit me!"

"Are you done with your duet?" Kyungsoo came closer to the two. He got the plate and went to the garbage bin.

Jongin guessed Kyungsoo's intent before he even placed plate above the bin. Chanyeol did, too.

"No!" They both shouted.

"Will you stop fighting?" Kyungsoo asked, the pasta still perilously hovering above the bin.

"Yes." The two boys answered in unison.

"Good. Guys, when will you grow up?" Kyungsoo asked in exasperation.

"I'm already tall." Chanyeol answered, confused.

"I knew, I knew Sehun got that from you." Kyungsoo sighed. Jongin snickered.

"As for you, say sorry to Chanyeol. What were you thinking? Biting your friend over pasta."

"It's my kimchi spaghetti."

"Say sorry."

"Alright. Sorry Chanyeol. I'll never do that again. Unless you will try to eat my food again on which case I'll have to-"

"Kim Jongin."

"I'm apologizing here, your highness. Yeah, so sorry Chanyeol."

"Shucks, don't be too hard on yourself. Come here!" And Chanyeol proceeded to envelope Jongin in a great bear hug.

"You can let go now." Jongin said against his friend's chest. Chanyeol laughed. Jongin felt bad about biting him. He was just really really tall baby.

"Now, wasn't that nice?" Jongin looked at Kyungsoo's smirk. His princess was having fun.

"Well, I've got to go. I've got early practice tomorrow." Chanyeol said. He went to Kyungsoo's side and hugged him, too. "I miss you guys. I don't get to hang out with you so much anymore. What with training and all..."

"Don't worry about it. Just drop by if you have time." Kyungsoo squeezed the tall guy's arm.

"Sure. And next time I'll get to eat your pasta. Jongin said your spaghetti makes him swoon like a girl-"

"Goodbye, Chanyeol." Jongin interrupted his friend. And he never said swoon. He said faint, he was sure he did.

"Yeah, yeah. See you guys!" Chanyeol left with a wave and a big grin.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo who was near the sink.

 

They were alone.

 

Finally.

 

Yes.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo knows that look in Jongin's eyes. It's saying that he's got him cornered and he can't escape this time. He sighed. I guess they would really have that conversation today.

"Relax, princess. I'm not gonna eat you... yet." Jongin said with a mischievous grin.

"Stop it, Jongin." Kyungsoo said seriously.

"Alright. I'm sorry." Jongin came closer until they were standing face to face. "It's just... Can't you tell? I'm nervous."

Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin's face. The always confident Jongin did look nervous. "Why?"

"Because I know that whatever happens here will change everything between us."

"Then let's not do this."

"You know we have to. Last night..."

"Was a mistake. I was a tease. It just happened. I just wanted to get back at you for teasing me that afternoon." Kyungsoo explained.

"It wasn't a mistake and you know it. I was not alone in that kiss. You felt something, too."

"Yes! I felt embarrassed." Kyungsoo said harshly, looking at his feet. "I felt gauche."

"Don't. Please don't say that. You don't mean that." Jongin tipped his chin up so he was forced to look at him. "It was not a mistake. It was a dream come true."

"You don't know what you're saying." Kyungsoo wanted Jongin to understand. He can't do this. He just can't.

"Kyungsoo-ah, don't you know? When I touch you for a minute, even for a second, I feel my heartbeat triple. When we share a moment, I couldn't ask for more. When I look into your eyes I feel as if my life couldn't be better. What I'm trying to say is... "

 

Lalalalalala... Lalalalalala

 

Kyungsoo was jarred by the ringing of his phone in his pocket. Sehunnie. He took his cellphone out when Jongin snatched it from his hand and answered the call.

"No, you can't he's busy." Jongin paused. "Okay. I'll tell him."

Jongin ended the call and held out his phone to him. "Sehun says he gives up."

Kyungsoo was happy for his friend. He would at least get his happy ending with Luhan. Kyungsoo replaced the phone in his pocket, looking anywhere but at Jongin.

"Princess, look at me." Jongin said. "I'm not on the floor. I'm here."

He wanted to laugh at the taller boy's exasperated tone but he couldn't. He finally looked at Jongin's eyes. It was time he understood.

"Jongin, please don't tell me you love me. Because I can't ever fall in love. I don't have it in me." He can see he hurt the younger boy and that hurt him, too.

"How would you know if you never even tried? So let's do this, your highness. Let's try." Jongin came closer.

"I told you I can't. You're special to me. More than I've ever imagined. But I will only hurt you."

"Why won't you try?" Jongin asked sadly.

"Because everyone I've ever loved left me. I gave them all the love I can ever give that I feel there's nothing left. But they all took it with them and never came back." Kyungsoo thought about his mother and how many times he cried for her in his sleep. But she never did come back. He also thought of his so called friends who disappeared when he was no longer the popular protege. He's already so broken and he didn't want to give Jongin his defective heart. He deserved better.

"I'm still here, princess. I never left." Jongin took Kyungsoo's hand and held it against his chest. "I won't leave you."

"Jongin-ah. Don't you get it? I can never love you more than this. I love you and Chanyeol and the others. You're all my friends. But that's all I'm capable of."

"So you're saying that you love me just like the others."

"Yes." Kyungsoo nodded.

"So it's okay if I fall for someone else? It's okay if you see me kiss another?" Jongin challenged.

Kyungsoo saw an image of Jongin holding hands with another person. Jongin whispering sweet things and kissing lips that were not his. The image made him want to cry.

"I can see it. It's not okay. Give me a chance. Give us a chance." Jongin pleaded. "I know I'm botching this up and I'm not any good at this. But you see, this is the first time I fell in love."

"We hardly ever speak without insulting each other. How can you possibly love me?" Kyungsoo asked. He was afraid that Jongin was actually making him change his mind.

"I first saw you at the hospital, crying on your mother's bed. I thought I’ve never seen such loneliness before. Then you looked at me with those eyes and all I knew was I never wanted to see you cry anymore. Then it just happened. We met and I realized that your eyes were different whenever we argue. I saw all kinds of emotion there but never sadness. So I kept it up."

Kyungsoo couldn't move as Jongin cupped his face with his free hand. "Trust me, princess. I'm not asking you to love me forever. I'm just asking you to try. Please."

"You'll regret this." Kyungsoo said but he was already wrapping his arms around Jongin and burying his face against the taller boy's neck.

"Does this mean yes?" Jongin said with a laugh as he embraced the shorter guy closer to him.

"You're still asking?" Kyungsoo whispered.

"So we can make out now?" Jongin nuzzled Kyungsoo's ear. He was rewarded with a pull on his own ear. "Ouch?"

"I love you." The younger boy said after awhile.

"I-" Kyungsoo tried to say it but it was lodged somewhere between his heart and his lips.

"It's okay. I'll wait." He sounded disappointed but Jongin just held Kyungsoo tighter.

Kyungsoo didn't want to hear Jongin like that so he raised himself on his toes and told him how he felt through a kiss.

"That definitely means we can make out now." Jongin teased.

"You wish."

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yeah.. so No, this is not the end yet. Although, it's getting there.

Firstly, shoot me if u want, but I already boarded the SuLay ship. So There. XD

As always i wanna know what u guys think.. about Kai's confession.. and my baby Chanyeol..

Comments please!

Hope to finish the whole thing by this coming weekend. And hooray for Baekyeol!!!

 

P.S. And yay! This is where Luhan and Sehun got together in What is Love.