Thirteen - Super Friends to the Rescue

Baby, Don't Cry

 

"Uh, do you want me to hold your hand?" Chanyeol asked Jongin who was sitting beside him on his couch.

He was surprised when he heard urgent knocking on his door last night and opened it to Jongin who looked lost and forlorn. He asked if he could crash for a year or so which was weird as he had his own dorms with Kyungsoo but Chanyeol said yes. He was alone there anyway.

And now it looks like Jongin didn't sleep at all. There were dark circles on both his eyes and he was off staring into nothing. He was worried about his friend and he did try to call Kyungsoo but the other didn't pick up. So here he was thinking of ways how to comfort a friend. But he could only remember what girls do in those best friend movies so...

"Do you want me to hold your hand?" Chanyeol repeated.

"No, I want you to give me a shovel so I can just bury myself and never come out." Jongin said, burying his face in his hands. Chanyeol shot a worried look at his friend.

"What's the matter? Maybe I can help." He said and patted Jongin's back.

"I think he never really did love me. I think I just forced him into it."

"What do you mean? Is it Kyungsoo-ah?"

"Yes. We had a fight. Or it was more of me pushing myself to someone who didn't really want me."

"Pooh! Kyungsoo loves you. Why would you say that?" Chanyeol asked completely confused. He never saw anyone more in love with each other than Kyungsoo and Jongin, well probably except for Sehun and Luhan, but still.

"I asked him if he even thought of a future for us. He didn't even answer me but I could see it in his eyes. He never did. I was already planning our first year anniversary and who does that after 12 days? But I already imagined the both of us lasting at least that long."

"Jongin-ah, you know why Kyungsoo is like that. Maybe he didn't plan your anniversary but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you."

"You just don't know. The fight started because I told him I won't go to the audition with YG and the reason is if I get accepted the training will be in Japan and its two years! Two years, man. I don't want to go away that long." Jongin sighed. "Call me a dramatic fool but I miss him after only two hours. Imagine where I'd be if I don't see him for two years."

"That is tough. What did he say?"

"He said we could stop whatever this is that we have. Here I am so effing in love while he doesn't care. It's like I took him swimming and I'm already in the deep end while he's there at the shallow one wading his foot and still deciding if he'll jump in."

"Maybe he's just making sure he'll not drown."

"So he doesn't trust me enough to know that I'll save him?"

"He knows that you'll save him. It's just that he still doesn't want the feeling of drowning. No one does."

"I know but I jumped anyway with my eyes closed and I was so sure he'll jump in with me because he told me he'll try." Jongin said dejectedly.

"It's wrong for Kyungsoo to promise something and then renege on it when he gets the first opportunity. He should work out that fear of his. But give him a chance Jongin-ah. He's already lost so much. If you walk away from him then he'll have lost another one." Chanyeol said.

"You're such an expert now, huh?" Jongin looked at him curiously.

"Uh huh. Since Kyungsoo and you and Sehun and Luhan paired off, I was left watching girly movies in my dorm. Alone. With no one to talk to." Chanyeol joked, but not really.

"You'll find someone soon." Jongin really wished that for his friend. "But watching girly movies?"

"I don't know. I just felt like it." Chanyeol shrugged. "Anyways, at least I'll know what to get Kyungsoo and you for Christmas."

"What?"

"Couple life vests. In pink." Chanyeol laughed out loud. The angel pendant on his neck swinging in time with his shaking shoulders.

"Do you really think we'll be together by Christmas?" Jongin didn't feel as confident now as he was two weeks ago.

"I think you'll get back together before the weekend." His tall friend said reassuringly. Jongin doubts that. He can only do so much for Kyungsoo. No amount of his love will matter if Kyungsoo doesn't open that heart of his to him.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was frowning over the sixth plate of kimchi spaghetti he placed on the table. No matter how many times he remakes it, it doesn't taste right. He couldn't figure it out. He can cook this with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back. But today, he can't seem to make it right.

Was it the cheese? But he puts the same amount every time. Was it too much salt? He always puts 4 small pinches. He wiped away at his damp cheeks. It was probably these stupid tears that won't stop clouding his vision so he can't see what he's doing properly.

Jongin's been gone for four days. He wasn't even able to get a glimpse of him at school. And the heart he thought was numb hurts. It lurches painfully everytime he recalls what Jongin told him.

You are so afraid of geting hurt that you'd rather hurt me.

He honestly didn't know that by guarding himself too much, he'll hurt Jongin in the process. It's just when he imagined Jongin leaving... He shook his head. He can't.

Kyungsoo placed his hand over his heart. Why are you so scared? Why, you stupid, good for nothing muscle?

"Kyungsoo-hyung?" Kyungsoo looked up to see Sehun by the kitchen doorway. "The door was open and I knew you'd be here."

Kyungsoo looked away from Sehun's concerned eyes because he'll know immediately that he was crying.

"Hyung? Are you Ok?" Sehun moved closer."Are you crying?"

"No. I was cooking. It's just the onions..." The shorter boy trailed off.

"You don't need to pretend with me, you know." Sehun put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders.

"Sehunnie..." Kyungsoo leaned on to his young friend and let the tears fall. He cried for his stupidity and he cried for his fears. He cried and cried for missing Jongin and for having someone like Sehun who cares.

"Hyung, better now?" Sehun asked after some time. Kyungsoo felt embarrassed after breaking down in front of him. He was supposed to be older, right? He shouldn't act this way.

"I guess... I'm sorry for crying all over you."

"No problem. Just give me food and a new shirt and we're good." He told his hyung with a smile.

"What were you doing here anyway?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Well, I had a talk with Luhan earlier and we don't know what's happening between Jongin the idiot and you. We want to help you fix it whatever it is. I don't want to see you so sad while Luhan and I are happy because of you."

"It's nothing complicated really. It's just me. I'm what's wrong." Kyungsoo explained sadly.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I'm broken, Sehun. I can't be fixed."

Sehun looked him up from head to toe and even circled him. "You're broken where? I can't see anything."

"It's my heart."

"Then let's go to the hospital so they can have a look at you."

"I doubt they can do anything about it."

"Are you... dying?" There was a horrified look on Sehun's face. Kyungsoo was torn between laughter and exasperation.

"No, Sehun. I'm not dying. But what I have is not something any medicine can cure." Kyungsoo decided to open up to his friend. Really, what more can it hurt?

"I lost my dad when I was two. Eomma took very good care of me. You know she was a composer, right?" Kyungsoo saw Sehun nod. "A good one, too. But she had to give it up so she can raise me on her own. She told me we're partners always. I loved her so much. One time she bought me a surprise. It was a puppy. We called her Snow because of her white fur. Eomma told me she bought her because then I would always have someone with me when she was out working. I loved Snow so much, too." Kyungsoo paused. He was reliving the memories and the feelings that came with them.

"On fourth grade, I entered a singing competition. I got the first prize. Have you heard I was called Perfect Pitch before? I got lots of admirers and friends back then. I loved them. The fame, the admiration, making my eomma proud - I loved it so much." Kyungsoo sat down because here came the hard part.

"But winter of my sixth year, Snow became sick and after a week I said goodbye to him. I cried for a month after. Then a few years later, Eomma got sick. I tried so hard to take care of her. But even after everything, she left me. When the fame faded, the friends that I thought I had were gone as well. I thought I couldn't survive it. Then my heart just went numb. It was great. No more hurt. No more feelings."

"But then I met you guys and you taught me how important it is to open myself again. The four of you are the most important people in my life. But Jongin being Jongin, he had to be different. He wanted more and I don't think my heart can give it. There are spaces there that he wants all to himself. The ones that I completely closed off." Kyungsoo felt exhausted.

"Don't you want to give it to him?" Sehun asked quietly.

"I do. But the thing is I'm really scared. It's kind of a reflex. Whenever I try to open those spaces they close up on me tighter than before."

"But it's your heart, hyung. You can tell it what to do."

"You can't tell your heart anything. It's a stupid organ, really. If it were that easy, believe me I would."

"But it is easy. How many times did he tell you he'll never leave you?"

"Always." Kyungsoo answered. "But I don't believe in always."

"Then don't believe in it. Believe in Jongin. He'll never do anything to hurt you. He's one of the greatest guys I know. Next to you." Sehun said with a squeeze on Kyungsoo's arm. "Didn't you trust me when you helped me with Luhan? You wouldn't have let us be together if you knew I would just hurt him or he would just hurt me. You had faith in us. Why couldn't you give the same to Jongin?"

Kyungsoo didn't know how to answer Sehun. Because the boy had a point.

He was willing to trust Luhan and Sehun with each other because it was their hearts on the line and not his. He didn't know what that makes him.

"Hyung, if you need any more proof that Jongin loves you I'm gonna show you some." Sehun took out his phone and Kyungsoo saw him browse through it. "Okay, here. I originally want to use this for blackmail but you two went and got together before I could. Atleast it still has some use."

The younger boy showed him a picture taken- was it three years ago? It was Luhan's birthday. Sehun was holding the phone, he and Luhan were on the foreground. Chanyeol was waving crazily at the back as usual. He and Jongin were standing just beside him. He was doing the standard v-sign while Jongin was... He was looking down at him with a smile on his face.

"Press next. Well, press next and next and next. There's a whole bunch of them there."

Kyungsoo browsed through the pictures. Some were as old as three years ago, some taken just a few weeks before. Different places at different times. One thing was the same. In all of them there was always Jongin smiling tenderly down at him without him knowing.

"He's loved you forever. He just didn't realize it before. Give him a chance, hyung. For real this time."

Kyungsoo looked at Sehun. "When did you grow up?"

"It started when I was thirteen I drank lots and lots of milk..."

"Sehunnie..." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Just kidding. But seriously? I grew up when I fell in love."

"Yeah, well... Even if I'm willing to give him a chance, I'm not sure Jongin wants it anymore." Kyungsoo returned the phone to Sehun.

"He'd be a fool not to." Sehun said. "This was a great conversation. Maybe I'll do this with Jongin, too. After all I also have lots of pictures of you looking at him." Kyungsoo's eyes rounded.

"What? You've also loved him forever, right? He should know it, too."

"I'll tell him myself." Kyungsoo promised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So there.. Sorry guys for the painfully long? (and boring?)  two chapters..

I felt Kyungsoo needed to explain atleast why he's rejecting Jongin. Again.

And I did tell you Sehun will be useful..:)))

But after this comes the conclusion and we'll go back to all that fluffiness and romance and a perfect ending for the princess and the frog.

So please bear with me and I hope you continue to read this until the end..

PLUS PLUS PLUS... The much awaited appearance of my ultimate bias. *wink wink*

And a part epilogue/prologue for the Baekyeol sequel /le jumps around the room like crazy/ \m/

AND THANKS SOOOO MUCH for all the comments and encouraging words. 

I LOVE YOU DEAR READERS!!! I'll thank you properly soon!

sorry for the long A/N. too!!!

 

Remember: Comments are always welcome..kekeke..

 

AND (idiot alert) ANYONE HERE KNOWS HOW POSTER SHOPS WORK? WHAT DO I DO TO HAVE SOMEONE MAKE ONE FOR ME?!