A Waste of Time?

Good Luck With That (がんばってね)

 

[In TVXQ's dorm]
 
Reading aloud what he was typing, Changmin slowly said "how to...seduce women."
 
"Ahem," someone knocked on his bedroom door. "What are you doing?"
 
"...nothing."
 
"What are you looking at?"
 
"! It's hyung so you should leave!"
 
"It doesn't sound like ."
 
"I'm using earphones."
 
"The earphones that are on your desk all the way over there?"
 
"Uh...no."
 
"I don't see any earphones plugged into your computer."
 
"They're invisible?"
 
"And I'm a unicorn."
 
"Really? We can make a lot of money if you are hyung."
 
"Changmin, just admit that you googled how to seduce women."
 
"No I didn't!"
 
"My dongsaeng is so cute~" Yunho .
 
"Go away hyung!"
 
"But I want to help you! I can give you a better answer than Google."
 
Changmin raised an eyebrow at him. "You know how to seduce women?"
 
"I...well," he smirked. "I don't have to use Google."
 
"You can't make a plan without research and multiple sources hyung."
 
"It's not a report for school," he replied with a blank face. "She's a person."
 
"A rude person."
 
"You keep saying she's rude and all she said was that you aren't y."
 
"She didn't have to say it in that way. Besides, I am y. I'm the most popular one in Japan you know?"
 
"So what do you want her to do instead? Fall to her knees at the sight of you and fawn over your incredible iness?"
 
"That would be a nice gesture."
 
Yunho shook his head, "I'll just let you continue with your planning."
 
"Thank you."
 
"But if it fails, don't come to me. I offered to help."
 
"No, you're mocking me."
 
"In my defense, you did actually google how to seduce women."
 
"Hyung, leave!"
 
"Okay! Fine, fine." 
 
Changmin shut and locked the door as soon as Yunho cleared the doorway. "Finally!" he cheered. "Now I can go back to Googling." (A/N: Googling *snickers* sorry for my dirty mind hehe)
 
"Don't trust Google!" Yunho yelled through the door, passing by.
 
"Hyung!" 
 
[At the trainee dorms]
 
Hyesung sighed dreamily while Jinae made them dinner. "What are you sighing about?"
 
"We saw TVXQ-sunbaes today!"
 
"They were angry at us."
 
"No, correction! Changmin-sunbae was angry at you for saying he's not y. That was your mistake."
 
"So it's a mistake to tell the truth?"
 
"No, it's not but it was really offensive!" 
 
"He should be used to it considering how much people talked about DBSK-sunbaes for the past few years." 
 
"Jinae!"
 
"What?"
 
"We do not talk about that!"
 
"Because?"
 
"It's a taboo. A big no-no!"
 
"Why should I care about supposed no-no's? I admitted he's not y to me earlier. What else will bother me?"
 
"With you, I wonder."
 
"You don't have to. If you ask, I'll tell you."
 
"Because we know each other. You only tell me because I'm your friend. If you're bothered by the fact that Changmin-sunbae heard you, please just tell me and vent for once instead of pretending it's all cool?"
 
"I wish I never said it."
 
"Because it was insulting?"
 
"No," Hyesung looked at her quizzically. "Well yes that too. I wouldn't have said it that way if I had known he was there or would hear it. I wouldn't have talked about him in the first place if he hadn't come up in the conversation but now that he knows...he wants to prove me wrong and it is extremely unnecessary."
 
"What?!"
 
"You don't think it's unnecessary?"
 
"Not that! He wants to prove you wrong? How do you know this?"
 
"He told me."
 
"Ahhhh!" she screamed and started shaking Jinae, who was concerned with the hot plate in her hand. "Why can't you give detailed answers?!"
 
"Because I don't know what you want to hear. Why don't you ask questions that would elicit the answer you want?"
 
"If I knew that, I would ask them now wouldn't I?"
 
"Possibly. You can never be certain with some people."
 
"Jin Ae, just tell me what happened." Hyesung glared at her so she did tell her, word-for-word. "Are you serious? Shim Changmin wants to prove to you how y he is?"
 
"Yes. Were you not listening?"
 
"Wha-you-I was listening! I'm just making sure!"
 
"Then yes." Hyesung smacked Jinae on the arm. "OW! Why did you hit me?"
 
"Shim Changmin is basically going to seduce you idiot!"
 
"No, he won't."
 
"Why are you so sure of that?"
 
"Because he has no idea how."
 
She opened to reply but then closed it again. "That's a good point," Hyesung mumbled.
 
"If I thought he could seduce me, I would think he's y. He's obviously y to those who like him but I don't like him so I don't find him y."
 
"...I wish you would talk less formal with me."
 
"..."
 
"You still have anything else to say about it? I did say vent."
 
"Yes. Now that I think about it, there is a third reason I wish I hadn't said it."
 
"What?"
 
"He'll just waste my time." Jinae got up and put her plate in the microwave. "If someone wants it, tell them they can eat it. I've suddenly lost my appetite."
 
Hyesung sighed and poked her food lazily with her food. "A waste of time hmm? If you don't want to waste your time...I can help with that." She pulled out her phone. "Yeoboseyeo? Heechul-oppa you're friends with Changmin-sunbae right? Do you think you could help me meet him?"