Maybe This Will Be Fun After All

Good Luck With That (がんばってね)

"Jinae-ah~" Hyesung said, "wait for me!" 

"Why?"

"Eh? Because we should go together duh! You really have to work on your socializing skills. This is why people think you're rude and mean so they stay away from you. Doesn't that bother you?" she asked innocently while hooking their arms together and clinging to Jin Ae.

"Not at all. I don't want anyone around me if they don't want to be there. That's not pleasant for either of us."

"Sometimes Jinae...I wonder how we became friends."

"You started talking to me. Don't you remember? I was sitting down and drinking water when you came over to me and started talking about 2PM."

"That is not what I meant."

"Then you should've said it differently."

"Let's just walk peacefully ne?"

"You started the conversation."

"Fine! Let's just eat with everyone okay?"

"Hyesung!" "Jinae." some of the other SM trainees said when they walked in not too long after.

Hyesung smiled brightly, "Annyong~" Jinae simply bowed and took a seat next to Hyesung quietly. 

Not even a minute had gone by before someone started talking about idol groups and each one of them was a fangirl (except Jinae of course). Hyesung herself was practically in love with Nichkhun of 2PM and accepted the fact that he was Victoria's (Khuntoria ^_^) but that didn't stop her from talking about him. 

She turned to Jinae and asked, "who do you like? You never join us when we talk about male idols!"

"I don't really like anyone."

"Are you serious?" Xin Yi, a trainee from Taiwan stared at her in shock. "How can you not like anyone?!"

"Do I have to like someone?"

Minah shook her head, "no but...it's just that...how can you not? Just look at the guys from our company. SHINee? Do you like any of the SHINee members?"

"I think Kibum-sunbae is really talented."

"Okay, Super Junior?"

"The way Shindong-sunbae thinks fast is rather remarkable."

" 'The way Shindong-sunbae thinks fast is rather remarkable,' " Bong Cha* mocked her in an incredibly insulting tone. "The way you talk is so stiff. Why are you so uptight all the damn time?"

*Part of her name (Bong Cha) means "superior"*

Hyesung scoffed, "Jinae is stiff and uptight? Coming from the 'superior' one that's funny." 

"Ha ha, why don't you stay out of this?"

"Why don't you keep your comments to yourself?"

"Hyesung-unni, just let it go. Bong Cha-unni sounded like me anyway."

"No she didn't!" 

Minah shh'd them all. "that is not what we're talking about. Cha, you stop picking on Jinae. Hyesung, you stop speaking for Jinae and Jinae, you start speaking for yourself. In fact, start with TVXQ. What about them? Do you like either of them?"

"Aha!" exclaimed Hyesung. "I got it now!"

"Who?" they all asked, suddenly curious. 

"You told me to stop talking for her so I can't say."

Bong Cha, Minah, and Xin Yi started yelling at Hyesung until she screamed, "fine! I'll tell you."

Jinae was wondering who Hyesung would say herself. Did she like a member of TVXQ she thought?

"Jung Yunho!" 

"Really?" "Eh?" "Seriously?" was their reactions and Hyesung began to wonder about it.

Minah shook Jinae, "is that who you like?" 

"I don't know. I've never really thought about it."

"What do you think of him then?"

"He's one of the best dancers I've ever seen."

"And?"

"He's y."

The girls started flailing around in shock and all that was comprehensible was something that sounded like "she actually said someone was y!"

At this time, Yunho and Changmin had just finished in the studio recording their comeback songs. "Hyung, aren't you hungry?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I'm CRAZY hungry right now. We have to eat!" 

"Aren't you always hungry?"

"No, I'm not hungry when I sleep."

"You wanted to go get snacks in your sleep. You even told me."

"Hehe, that's right huh?"

Yunho rolled his eyes at his dongsaeng, "come on. Let's go in here. There's always food stocked in this room." he opened the door slightly and then paused, "ah there's some trainees in here. Let's go to another room."

"This is not the time to be shy hyung! I'm seriously starving here!"

Then they heard someone yell "Jung Yunho!" from inside the room and peeked inside to see the girls chatting loudly in the center of the room.

"Eh? Me?" 

"Hyung...who else would it be?!"

"Another guy named Jung Yunho?"

"In SM?"

"It'd be arrogant to assume it's me they're talking about."

"And idiotic to think it's someone else."

"Ya~ don't be so brash."

"Okay, fine. What are they saying though?"

They continued peeking their heads in and eavesdropping. "I can't believe you said he was y," Bong Cha laughed.

"I said he is y because he is y. Do you not agree?"

"No Yunho-sunbae is damn y! I just can't believe even you can see that."

"Me? Why would I not be able to see it?"

Hyesung put a hand on her shoulder and said, "Jinae, don't feel offended by this but you're not exactly the boy-appreciating type. Actually, some of the male trainees think you might, you know, bat for the other team."

"Other team? Like YG or JYP?"

They all hit their heads in frustration and Yunho and Changmin had to stifle their laughter. "No!" all of them yelled.

"DSP?"

"No, not another company. Oh goodness Jinae! We mean that people think you're gay or hate guys or something."

"Oh, that's not true at all."

"It definitely isn't!" Hyesung smirked. "I catch her watching Yunho videos all the time. She's so cute and funny!"

"Aww, I want to see," Minah whined. "Not fair! You always catch her doing those kinds of things."

"Then you should spy on her with me."

"No thanks."

"Then you miss out."

Xin Yi chuckled at her friends, "why not record her?"

"What do she do that's so 'cute and funny' anyway?" Bong Cha asked. 

"She makes these cute little faces and even blushes when Yunho-sunbae's on screen! She's a fangirl in hiding. I swear!"

"I am not!" Jinae hid her face. "I just like his dancing."

"What about Changmin-sunbae?" 

"What about him?"

"He's also in TVXQ. Do you like him?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"He's clearly not the y one."

"What?!" Changmin whisper-yelled and Yunho covered his mouth. He tried to struggle against Yunho's death grip but once he saw the glare coming from Yunho's eyes, he stopped fighting back.

"He's not y to me. He's like...uny? I am not sure but he just is the type I would never find y. He's cute maybe but y? No."

"Changmin-sunbae is y!" Xin Yi disagreed, being a Changmin fan herself. "That voice, his height, and his new muscles. Have you not seen his new body? If only I weren't a trainee..."

"How would you meet him if you weren't?"

"Again, not what I meant Jinae."

"Why does nobody say what they mean?"

Xin Yi, Minah, Bong Cha, and Hyesung giggled. When Jinae was confused like that, they could not resist the urge to laugh. 

Then Bong Cha stopped suddenly, "you really don't find him y?"

"No. Look at his Hug days. Changmin-sunbae looked like he should still be in elementary school. To think of him as y is like being a e."

Yunho snickered and Changmin elbowed him in the side. "Ow..."

"So if I continue trying to convince you Changmin-sunbae is y..." Xin Yi trailed off.

"I would most likely laugh. Changmin and y should only be in the same sentence if the words "is not" is in between them."

Hyesung's jaw dropped, "he's that unattractive to you?"

"I never said he wasn't unattractive. I only said he isn't y. I'll put it in very clear words. Shim Changmin-sunbae was not y before, is not y now, and will never be y in my eyes."

"YA!" someone yelled from behind them and they all turned  to face the source of the yelling. Once they saw who it was, each girl had their eyes almost pop out of their head in astonishment.

The thought "uh-oh" ran through all of their minds. Yunho ran in front of Changmin and started pushing him back out the door. "Run!" he told them but they didn't move an inch. "NOW!"

Grabbing ahold of themselves, the girls got all of their things and scrambled out of the room. Jinae was moving about calmly until Minah and Hyesung dragged her with them. 

 

"How dare she say that about me? Who does she think she is? She's a mere trainee and she thinks she can talk about her sunbaes? Someone needs to teach her a lesson. I need to teach her a lesson," Changmin ranted to Yunho.

"I think you're over-reacting" was not the reply Changmin wanted to hear.
 
"Of course you would think that! She wasn't insulting you. She was practically singing your praises hyung!"
 
Yunho sighed, "she didn't insult you. It's not as if she outright said you're ugly or stupid or anything like that. She only said her opinion."
 
"Her rude opinion."
 
"An honest opinion. She could've kept it to herself or lied about it but she didn't. That's admirable in a way."
 
"Whatever, that doesn't matter anymore."
 
"Doesn't matter anymore? Then why are you still so angry?"
 
"It doesn't matter because I'm going to change her mind about me. I'll show her just what kind of a man I am."
 
Suddenly, a female voice from the hallway called out "good luck with that."
 
"Ya! You! Stop there!" 
 
"Why?" 
 
"What's your name?"
 
"Lee Jin Ae. Why?"
 
"Because I'm going to make you take back your words. It'd be good for me to know your name."
 
"If you say so."
 
"I don't say things I don't mean."
 
"Neither do I. がんばってね."
 
"I don't need luck."
 
"Okay," she walked away and Changmin expected her to look back in hesitance at least once but she didn't. 
 
"This will be fun" he told himself. 
 
Yunho leaned against the doorway and mumbled to himself, "fun to you, a headache for me. Oh yay," he cheered sarcastically.
 
"What'd you say hyung?"
 
"Oh nothing. Oh actually I said, がんばってね."
 
Changmin pushed him playfully and waved it off, "yeah, yeah. You'll see. You'll both see." he walked down the hallway and Yunho yelled after him, "I thought you were hungry!"
 
"That can wait. I have some planning to do now."
 
"Changmin saying food can wait...he must be serious" Yunho smiled and followed Changmin down the hallway. "Maybe this will be fun after all."