Hurt

How To Play A Player
Baekhyuns heart literally stops when he sees the familiar pair of shoes coming to a halt at about a distance of a metre. He can distinctively smell the strong cologne that he instantly recognised as the same one he had bought Chanyeol for his 16th Birthday; just days before hell broke loose. His heart skips a beat when he thinks, Chanyeol is wearing my cologne. He highly hopes it's because the other purposely wanted something to signify their relationship that they once had and that he still yearns for him as much as he wants Chanyeol back and not because he carelessly chose one from his collection of perfumes.
 
The crowd whispers to themselves because, it's been a while since Chanyeol has been so amicable to Baekhyun that people can't help but wonder if the two have made up yet. Kyungsoo knows somethings up from the cynical face he pulls and Kai sees that. He naturally holds onto Kyungsoo' small hand when he sees the boy hesitantly walking towards the pair, lightly tugging him back in his place to stop him from interuppting the broken couple. It wasn't their business. Kai sends a disapproving look to Kyungsoo to which he responds with a heavy nod. Suho, on the other hand, is minding his own business and continues to eat his homemade lunch.
 
"Guys, leave him alone." Chanyeol dictates his words to the gossipers for a second time and Baekyun can't help but let his eyes linger towards Chanyeols darker orbs which he couldn't seem to read. They were distant and just plain black. His heart flutters from seeing his chanyeol defending him, and Baekhyun wonders whether Chanyeol has suddenly gone tierd of their bickering and has actually forgiven him even though he couldn't see what the problem was to begin with. It was all a huge misunderstaning.
 
"Chanyeol," Baekhyun tenderly whispers out the familiar name, the side of his head still pressed against the table. It's not his pet name Channie or Yeollie that he hears but his birth name. Even so, it instantly reachs Chanyeols ears and sends a warm fuzzy sensation throughout his body which makes his heart accelerate that tiny bit faster. He can't lie to himself and say that it didn't anger him when a whole mass of students pestered the boy becuase he decides that only he can do that. Only he has the right to argue with the boy. Only he has the right to question his status. He also can't lie that when he sees the boy, his heart yearns for his to complete him, that his fingers yearn to touch the boy, that his eyes always seem to spot him in the crowd, that he utterly misses the boy to the point that he just wants it to be them in this whole universe. But, a major part of him is so stubborn to forgive the boy in front of him. He can't forget the images that forms when he remembers what he saw that day; his boyfiend and another guy in a hotel. The hotel, them holding hands, laughing and it wasn't him next to the boy- it says it all.
 
Chanyeol is about to respond and he holds onto Baekhyun with eye contact but the loud vibration of the table catches his attention. It was Baekhyuns phone. A scowl immediately reaches his face when he sees the name that flashes on the screen; Tao. Baekhyun's notices the change in his expression and has a little panic attack. He sits straight up on his chair, glimses at his phone and it comes to him that Chanyeol is yet again, jumping into unecessary conclusions. As Chanyeol turns and begins to walk away, Baekhyun hurridly stands and grasps onto his hand as if Chanyeol would walk out of his life for good.
 
"Chanyeol, it's not what it seems. Tao's just a friend," he quietly speaks, certainty lingers in his voice but Chanyeol sees it as a lie.
 
"I don't care." He doesn't turn back but flings his hand away, the same way he did on the night they broke up. Baekhyun pretends that his heart doesn't smash into little pieces again. He stands in his place, feeling stupid when he hears a few people snicker in the crowd. He feels stupid for even opening his mouth and why the hell did he grab onto Chanyeols hand? He doesn't know. He feels stupid for even having hope that Chanyeol would take him back; foolish for even thinking he'd have a chance. But, the only thing that crosses Baekhyuns mind is Chanyeol. Letting Chanyeol go was one of his biggest regrets and right now, he feels that letting him slip through his shaky fingers is like letting him walk out of his entire life. Baekhyun refuses to let that happen.
 
"Listen to me Channie!" Baekhyun calls and everyone stops their own conversations, curious by the boys sudden outburst but Baekhyun doesn't care. A tiny piece of his heart is still alive when he notices that chanyeol stops walking.
 
"Why are you being like this? You're not listening to anything I say. Can we please just talk it over?" his voice breaks and quietens as he finishes the sentence. He chews on his bottom lip to stop from embraasing himself further. Crying is the last thing he wanted to do. Besides, he already swore to himself that he wouldn't cry over such trivial matter and he wanted to keep that vow.
 
"Look," Chanyeol turns around but refuses to look into Baekhyuns eyes and continues, "I've moved on now. And you should too, stop doing this stupid act of yours, Baek. From the minute you walked out that door, that was the end of us and it should stay that way because..." he pauses and Baekhyun is contemplating whether he wants to hear the words that are about to slip out of the tallers mouth. "Because, I don't like you anymore." Chanyeol's uncertain but that's the way it should be. It took all of his courage to even speak those words yet, if you looked close enough, you'd notice the hint of regret in his eyes. If it was silent enough, you'd most probably hear a piece of heart breaking. Chanyeol still refuses to look at Baekhyun. But if he did, he'd notice the small tear that cracks out from the corner of Baekhyuns eyes which is immediately wiped away because Baekhyun refuses to cry, not here.
 
"I don't beleive you." Baekhyun doesn't believe a word he says because if he really did move on why wouldn't he look at him?
 
"You don't have to but I'll have you know that i'm dating Tiffany now." Tiffany?  Disbelief flashes across Baekhyuns eyes. So that's why. Chanyeol has found someone more trustworthy than him. It had always been her that he trusted anyway becuase he remembers. He remembers how he trusted her words over his, how he refused to beleive that he and Tao were just mere friends because of her.
 
"Yes, we're dating." Tiffany suddenly speaks out load and sashays her way towards the centre. Her arms snake around Chanyeols waist and everyone's mouth are agape as they stare at the scene in front of them. Baekhyun visibly tenses and his eyes lock with Chanyeols, hoping that the idiot would deny it all. He cracks when Chanyeol grabs onto Tiffany and places a small quick kiss on the corner of her lips.
 
"There." Baekhyun is still in shock; his head pounds even more than before but he composes himself when he realises the situation. He's not wanted here. Chanyeol is happy and it's not him that's next to him. Baekhyun curses himself. He couldn't help it when his lips start to quiver. He couldn't stop the tears that start to fall, sprawling across his face. the vow.
 
"Well, I hope your happy Chanyeol because when you are, I am too." Baekhyun keeps his head to the floor and forces a smile, despite the tears that endlessly fall. He grabs his stuff including Luhans jacket and walks out with a heavy heart, his feet dragging behind as if weights were physically attached to his legs like shackles wrapped around his ankles. Chanyeol stays rooted to the ground but his eyes follow Baekhyuns back. He blames himself for Baekhyuns tears because he knew he was the whole cause. He just wanted the boy to feel what he felt when he witnessed him cheating but it backfires when he feels even worse than he did originally. His heart tells him to run after the boy, but his mind selfishly thinks, he deserved that.
 
When Baekhyuns figure disappears around the corner, it is Kyungsoo who immediately strolls towards Chanyeol and flings a hand across his face. Chanyeol thinks he deserves that so doesn't retort back to the harsh comments that spit out of Kyungsoo's mouth. It is only when Kyungsoo speaks of his 'cheating ways' does it trigger something inside him. It reminds him of the entire incident of BaekHyun cheating on him; the same incident that he'd been trying to forget but couldn't. And Kyungsoo doesn't know all and accuses him of cheating?
 
" you Kyungsoo. You don't know all that happened so stop accusing me of things I didn't do." Chanyeol definsively yells which shuts Kyungsoo down. Kyungsoo's eyes were wide but then he thinks of Baekhyun and his face his replaced with a scowl.
 
"What are you doing, Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo curiously questions becuase really, he doesn't understand. He doesn't understand anythng between the two but there is one thing he's certain about - Baekhyuns love for the idiot in front of him.
 
Chanyeols jaw tightens at Kyungsoo's comment and narrows his eyes. "I'm not doing anything wrong."
 
"No. You definately are." Kyungsoo mutters and walks in the direction of Baekhyun. Kai follows but not before sending a dissaproving look at Chanyeol. Silence erupts in the dining hall, a tense atmosphere lingers in the air but all is broken when Suho stands and throws his unwanted lunch in the nearest trashcan, making a lot of noise as he shuffles around in the process. He approaches an irritated Chanyeol and sends him a reassuring pat on his shoulder before walking out.
 

Baekhyun doesn't know where to go. He just wants to breathe because he feels like something is grabbing at his lungs. He unanimously walks to the schools rooftop - because breathing means oxygen and the rooftop sounds like a place that could provide more of that- and thinks, the corner looks rather inviting. He croaches deep into the said space and hugs tightly at Luhan's jacket as if it's the only thing he has left and hangs his head low to the ground. Baekhyun builds a wall around his heart and mentally celebrates for not being so pathetic; for not crying.

The wind picks up speed; it's suppose to be cold weather today - raining even- but Baekhyun feels immune to it because his heart is already freezing up. The wind brings Chanyeols scent to his nose which he presumes was from their close-ish contact previously. Baekhyun childishly inhales more of it because it's like a drug to him but soon stops when he realises what it is he's doing.
 
He's not yours anymore. He bitterly reminds to himself. Though, his wall cracks a little at the mere thought.
 
Ten minutes up the rooftop, and Baekhyun feels like he's been here for eternity but it's safe and safe is nice. Little drops of rain start to pellete down but Baekhyun doesn't move. Instead, he's reminded of the times when Chanyeol would always lend him his umbrella, how they'd occupy a small space with just the both of them. They'd hold hands and have small little dates and occassionally share sweet kisses under the rain.
 
He belongs to Tiffany now. He makes another reminder to himself. It's then that his wall crumbles and physically breaks down. He tightly shuts his eyes to compose his overflowing emotions and tells himself, your not going to cry. Your Byun Baekhyun for sake but inevitably fails.
 
His fists tightly grip at Luhans jacket in which he hugs tighter to his chest, and let's his emotions take control as his tears begin to mix with the droplets of rain. He's completely soaking wet at this point but he doesn't care becuase he hopes that the rain that runs down his face can cover the tears that fall from his eyes.
 

Chanyeol is left with the crowd. His friends had left one by one and he couldn't help but feel his heart crack when he remembers the look on Baekhyuns face. It haunts him to the point where guilt claws at his heart. Chanyeol showers his thoughts with guiltiness evading his mind and ignores the mass of students around him. It isn't until Tiffany speaks up does it raise a red flag at what he'd inevitably caused.

"Oppa, do you want to go on a date?" her arms claw around Chanyeols like a leech and the only thing that Chanyeol thinks is how wrong this is. He stares at Tiffany for a few seconds before breaking their close proximity.
 
"Stop it, Tiffany. I'm sorry, that was - I'm sorry." He feels even more guilty when he sees the cresfallen look on her face. "I love Baekhyun." Chanyeol is no longer staring at Tiffany becuase he knows that this isn't the person he loves, instead his head averts to the corridor - the exact one Baekhyun had walked through.
 
He doesn't see the sinister smile that forms from her thin lips or the dispicable words that are aimed at him becuase Chanyeol runs to wherever the BaekHyun is.
 
He searches throughout the whole school for Baekhyun but when he doesn't find him, he concludes that Baekhyun must have went home. It's raining outside, he doesn't think Baekhyun is stupid enough to hide in the open rooftop so dejectedly, he goes to class.
 

What felt like a few minutes later, something shelters Baekhyun from the rain- an umbrella- meaning, he has visitors. Baekhyun hopes it's Chanyeol but when his eyes meet with Kyungsoo's worried gaze he sobs harder than he did before becuase now he knows, Chanyeol really doesn't care. Baekhyun weeps and huffs in between his tears to try to calm himself and Kyungsoo sees that.

"Baek," Kyungsoo whispers loud enough for it to reach Baekhyuns ears.
 
"I can't stop Kyungsoo. I can't stop thinking about Chanyeol. Make it stop, please. Make it stop." Baekhyun sniffs and hurt is betrayed in his tone of voice. His hands clam against his ears becuase he doesn't want to hear Chanyeols voice in his head. Kyungsoo is kind, Baekhyun thinks. He doesn't hurt him. Baekhyun tightly grips onto Kyungsoo's shirt and pours out his emotions onto Kyungsoo's shoulder. His chest hurts too much to the point that Baekhyun feels like he might get a heart attack. Kai is there for Kyungsoo and he holds the umbrella for the two drained souls. His heart aches a little when he sees the pained-look that crosses Kyungsoo's face as he reassures a broken Baekhyun
 
The three don't hear the almost-silent ringing of the bell but Suho does. Suho kneels close to Kai and tells him, "You look after these two," and walks away. He later goes to inform the teachers of their missing presence.
 

AYO! JaeYeonnie HERE!!!! :D 

Sorry for the late update...i decided to rewrite this BaekYeol chapter as it wasnt angsty enough for me LOL! 

I literally poured out my emotions for this chapter ^^

Anyways, hope you all like it! Currently editing the next chapter :P 

PLEASE COMMENT UPVOTE SUBSCRIBE AND YES! :D 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

BTW, What couple do you all like so far? 

LOVE JaeYeonnie XOXO