Why am I doing this?

I Love You Forever, But Goodbye [Short Story]

Na Eun P.O.V

I stood in the kitchen waiting for the water to boil for my tea. I drummed my nails against the counter and stared off into space. Am I seriously thinking about joining them for dinner? Am I this stupid? I came all the way to Jeju to not be around them and now I'm going to dinner with them?

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair in frustration. The kettle started to whistle just then, and I pushed the thoughts away to prepare my tea. As I sipped the warm liquid I checked the time. 5:30pm. At that moment, I decided I wanted to go to dinner with them. I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text to Youngbae.

-I'll go. What time?

The reply was almost instant.

-We'll be at the restaurant at 6:30..Need me to pick you up?

I but my lip in thought.

-Yes. I'll be ready in 30.

I sent another text with directions to my house before putting my phone away, and rushed into my bedroom to get ready. Na Eun, why are you doing this?


I got dressed fairly quickly and was currently checking my reflection when I heard Youngbae's car horn honk. I took a deep breath and grabbed my clasp purse before leaving. When I reached the car Youngbae hopped out to open the passenger seat door for me. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a black vest and tie, with matching black dress pants. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to the elbows. He also was wearing one of his signature caps. Of course.

"You look nice," I noted.

He smiled and nodded towards me, "Likewise." I looked down at my outfit and shrugged. I was wearing a black drop hem dress with a zipper on the bodice and small stud accents. For shoes, I wore black high heeled booties. My hair was up in an intricate bun and I wore a spiked bracelet on my left wrist and feathered earrings.

"It's not much." I climbed into the car, and Youngbae jogged over to the other side. He climbed in and U-turned before driving off. As we drove, my thoughts wandered and a frightening one hit me. What if someone recognizes us and news gets out. What if I get attacked again? I shook my head and decided to talk to get the thoughts away from me.

"What'd you tell the others?" I asked.

"They don't know I'm gone. I took the rental car without them realizing." I laughed slightly and stared out the car window.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at their hotel. I sighed and opened the door to climb out. Here we go. Youngbae met me at my side of the car and held his arm out for me. I looked at him in amusement before taking his arm. He looked at the watch on his other arm. "We are right on time."

We started forward towards the restaurant. Youngbae told the lady the reservation and she led us to the table. As we drew closer I could make out the back of Jiyong's head. Half way to the table I stopped and started to take a step back. Youngbae held me firmly.

"You can do this," he whispered encouragingly. I looked between the table and the back door. It was close enough to the table that I could make an easy escape if I needed to. Youngbae followed my gaze and chuckled under his breath. "You won't be needing that door. Trust me."

I met Youngbae's eyes and studied his face before sighing. "I'm really going to regret this aren't I?"

"You'll be fine," Youngbae repeated. Dodging the question is never a good sign. I exhaled and looked at the lady who had stopped and watched us curiously.

"Okay, lets go." Youngbae smiled and then we continue our walk to the table. Seungri and Daesung were the first to see us since they were facing our way. Both their eyes widened in shock. Seunghyun, who was sitting next to Jiyong, turned around in his seat and looked at me with his brows raised. Jiyong was last to turn around. He studied me head to toe, before looking meeting my eyes.

After Youngbae and I took our seats, me next to Seungri, and Youngbae next to Jiyong the lady left us and we all sat in an awkward silence. Finally Seungri broke the ice and draped his arm around my shoulders like old times.

"So, noona, I forgot how pretty you looked all fancied up like this."

"And I forgot how much of a flirt you can be, dongsaeng," I replied in the same joking voice he used.

He narrowed his eyes at me playfully, "Touche."

I laughed and took a sip of the water that was placed in front of me. Across the table I met Seunghyun's eyes and smiled politely. He returned the gesture with a smile of his own, but it held a more amused undertone.

"It was nice of you to join us Na Eun," Daesung said with a smile. "I was really surprised when you walked in with Youngbae hyung."

"Haha yeah..." I replied a little awkwardly. I picked up the menu and looked through it carefully. I could feel Jiyong's eyes boring into my face, but I ignored him to the best of my ability.


Jiyong P.O.V

I studied Na Eun from over my menu. She looked stunning, as usual. The only thing was I couldn't tell how she was feeling. She's joke around with the others but then frown to herself and look around as if to find something suspicious. At one point i found myself looking around too but I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Youngbae watching Na Eun blankly. Seems like he noticed it too. A small pang of jealously rushed through me, but I quickly pushed it away. Youngbae was like my brother, and I knew he would never do anything like take my girlfriend. He was just looking out for Na Eun like a big brother.

"Um...this may sound weird," Na Eun started. She was looking down and fiddling with her napkin. "But..do the um fans know your here?"

I immediately wanted to hold her. So that's why she's looking around. She's scared the fans will see her with us. I never told the others about the fan letters, so they looked a little confused at the question.

"No," Youngbae replied studying Na Eun's face with curiousity, as if he was trying to piece something together. "We're here in secret."

Na Eun seemed to visible relax and smiled slightly. "Ah, well that's nice. You guys get to relax fully then, right?"

The others nodded in reply. Youngbae looked at me like I needed to explain something. I sent him a look saying I would later. Dinner was going to be an interesting process.


A/N: okay so I know this chapter kind of , but it's more of a filler...

still i hoped you enjoyed reading it^^