A New Life?

I Love You Forever, But Goodbye [Short Story]

- 1 month earlier -

 

Na Eun sat alone in the dimly lit living room. Her tear filled eyes were focused on the most recent hate letter. This one elaborated on the fact that she wasn't good enough for Jiyong, that Jiyong deserved someone better. Then the author proceeded to tell Na Eun that she should just disappear. Because according to many other fans, “it would make the world a better place if she just left it”.

 

Na Eun took in a shaky breath and crumpled the piece of paper. She was a mixing pot of emotions right now, and the only way to deal with it was to cry. Suddenly the jingle of keys could be heard outside the front door. Na Eun scrambled to grab all the other pieces of crumpled paper and wipe her face at the same time.

 

“Jagiya~ I'm home~!” Jiyong walked into the house with a giant smile on his face. “I bought you something too.”

 

Na Eun had just finished shoving the papers into the garbage and tried to clear her face some more. “You didn't have to buy me anything,” she replied.

 

“Of course I did~ It's already been one month since we revealed our relationship. I think this deserves some sort of celebration.”

 

Na Eun stiffened a little. “Oh...”

 

“Yeah. You okay?” Jiyong asked curiously. “Your nose and eyes are a little red.”

 

“Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine. I must be catching a cold,” Na Eun said nonchalantly. Jiyong studied her face before shrugging and pulling out a box. Na Eun started at it in shock.

 

“What's that?”

 

“Open it and see~” Jiyong handed the box over to Na Eun and she opened it slowly. She gasped when she found a gold locket and chain.

 

“Oh, Jiyong, it's beautiful.” Jiyong smiled at his girlfriend's reaction and gingerly took the box from her.

 

“Here, let me put it on.” Na Eun smiled and turned around, lifting her long chestnut brown hair. Jiyong reached around her and clasped the locket around her neck. “What are you going to put inside?” Jiyong asked.

 

“I think I have the perfect picture.”

 

-Present Day-

 

Na Eun P.O.V

 

The fog lingered on the buildings outside. It was early, way early. The light was just starting to appear, and the shops were all closed still. The city was quiet. I stood on the balcony staring out at nothing. I had made up my mind.

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

I yawned, slowly waking up from sleep. It was the start of another busy day. I stretched my arms around towards Na Eun, but came back empty. Probably making breakfast. I rolled onto my back with my eyes still closed. I sniffed the air, but it didn't have the usual bacon smell. I frowned slightly, and opened my eyes as I sat up.

 

The house was quiet. A small autumn breeze blew in and I turned to see the balcony doors were open. Running a hand through my hair I got up and closed the doors. With a yawn, I leaned my forehead against the cool glass. The city was covered in a layer of fog. Tops of buildings disappeared into the clouds and it gave the city a sort of ominous look.

 

I sighed and turned towards the bed. My eyes wandered around the room until they landed on the bed. There was a small piece of pink paper on Na Eun's pillow. I cocked my head curiously and wandered over to the note. As I picked it up, something fell onto the pillow and I looked down only to find the locket I gave to her 3 months ago. My heart beat picked up worriedly.

 

With one hand I picked up the locket and with the other hand I flipped open the note.

 

“Jiyong. I'm so sorry to do this, but I have decided to leave. I just couldn't deal with it any longer. All of it was just too stressful, and I needed to leave. I know I'm probably not making any sense, but please trust me; this is for the best. I love you forever, but goodbye. -Na Eun”

 

Tears prickled in my eyes. I placed the note down slowly and then ran to the closet. Na Eun's clothes were gone. I ran to the front door, her sneakers were gone also. I sat down in the door way and buried my head into my hands as the tears fell more freely.

 

When I dried my tears, I opened my clutched fist and stared at the locket. Using my thumb, I clicked it open and stared at the small photo of me and Na Eun. I will find you Na Eun. Just you wait.

 

Na Eun P.O.V

 

The chairs in the airport terminal were lumpy and uncomfortable. I struggled to find a nice position, until giving up and sitting cross legged. I sighed and pulled my thick wool cardigan closer to my body. There was no doubt that Jiyong got my letter by now. And there was no doubt that he was freaking out.

 

“All passengers for flight N45 to Jeju Island, please proceed to board the airplane.” With a huff I stood up and grabbed my suitcase and pulled it towards the boarding gate. After handing the lady my ticket to be scanned, I boarded the plane and found my designated seat. A window seat, my favorite. I placed my luggage onto the overhead carrier and then sat down in my seat.

 

I leaned my head against the wall and stared out the window blankly, the chatter of the other passengers becoming a white noise. My eyes closed slowly and I fell into a light nap.

 

- Flash Back ; 1 year and 1 month ago -

 

“Waitress We're still waiting for our soup!”

 

“You forgot my drink!”

 

“Excuse me?! I want my check!!”

 

“Ah..yes. I'm sorry I'll be there in a second!” A fumbling Na Eun cried. Her hair was pulled back in a bun, a few stray strands crowding her face. She bit her lip nervously as she waited for the soda machine to fill up the cup.

 

“Na Eun!” The chef called. “The soup is done! Come and get it!”

 

“Neh!” Na Eun lifted her finger from the soda machine button and placed the cup on the counter before grabbing the tray and placing the soup bowls on top. As she passed the counter she pressed a button on the cash register and a receipt started to print.

 

“Here we go,” she announced to the table happily. “Sorry for the long wait~” Na Eun placed the soups on the table and walked over to the counter and pulled out the fully printed check as she reached over and grabbed the drink. She then distributed both items to their tables. Once that was finished she wandered back behind the counter and plopped down in her chair right as the bell above the door rang.

 

“Aiya.” Na Eun mumbled before standing up. Without looking up she grabbed her little booklet and got it ready for a new order. “Hello. How can I help you?”

 

“I'd like to order to go, please.” A man's voice answered.

 

“Alright. What would you like?”

 

“I'll have 2 bowls of jajangmyun, 2 bowls of kimchi, and one bibimbap bowl please.” Na Eun wrote all this down as the man spoke.

 

“Anything to drink?”

 

“Just 5 waters please.” Na Eun nodded as she wrote that down and then stuck the pen between her ear and head as she pressed in the order into the cash register.

 

Alright that'll be $23.56 please.” Na Eun looked up then and was shocked to see the appearance of this man. His hair was blonde and his skin clear. He wore a black v-neck shirt and black skinny jeans with high tops. The odd thing was he wore sunglasses, even though he was inside. The man handed her the money and she fumbled to hand him his change. “I'll get your order started now.” He smiled in reply and then went to stand by the window.

 

Na Eun gave the order to the chef and then sat back down in her chair. The table that asked for their check finally got up and leaving a whole bunch of trash. Na Eun sighed. She just couldn't get more than a minute of rest. At the table, she quickly redid her bun and then began to stack plates and garbage. She also collected their money. When that was done the other tables also asked for their checks which Na Eun gladly produced.

 

Soon the restaurant was empty, leaving Na Eun, the chef and the mysterious guy alone. The man took of his sunglasses and Na Eun tried to looked at his face, but his back was turned to her.

 

“Na Eun,” the chef called. Na Eun quickly grabbed water bottles and the bag of food. She ran out to the guy but right before she got to him, she tripped over her own feet. Na Eun fell on her backside, kimchi sat in her lap, jajangmyun plastered to her hair and bibimbap sprinkled her whole body. The water bottles were thrown up and came raining down, one hitting her on the head.

 

“Ow!!” Na Eun went to rub her head, but instead of hair, met the sticky sauce of food. She groaned and then heard a gasp. She looked up and met the concerned eyes of the man.

 

“Are you okay?” He rushed over and reached out a hand.

 

“Yeah...” Na Eun took his hand and he hauled her up. “I'm so sorry. If you want to go to a different restaurant I totally understand.”

 

“No it's okay. My friends are rather fond of the food here. So if it's okay could you redo the order?” The man asked the question hesitantly. Na Eun nodded.

 

“Ahjussi!!” She yelled to the chef. “You're gonna have to redo that order!”

 

“WAE?!” The chef poked his head around the corner and glanced upon the scene. He sneered and then started mumbling to himself as he started the order again.

 

“Aish! So mean to the customers,” Na Eun shot back. The man chuckled a little. “What?” Na Eun asked.

 

“You looked strangely cute like this.” Na Eun blushed and looked away. The man chuckled. “I'll help you get cleaned off. I'm Jiyong by the way.”

 

Na Eun snapped her head up. It was him. Kwon Jiyong. She'd been so embarrassed about the food she didn't realize G-dragon was standing in her restaurant. “Ah..I'm Na Eun...”

 

-End Flash Back-

 

Na Eun P.O.V

 

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” announced the pilot. “We are now landing in Jeju Island. We would appreciate it if all electronics were turned off. Please remain seated with your seat belts fastened. Thank you.”

 

I opened my eyes and was met by the gray of outside the window. It was still foggy, even here. Today must be one of those days. I let out a breathe and leaned my head back on the seat. The plane descended and soon we were skidding down the tar runway. When the plane finally stopped, I waited for a majority of people to leave before finally getting off.

 

I was in Jeju now. The beginning of a new life.


So, how'd you guys like it? I don't think it's my best work,
but it's okay right? >.<

I hope you enjoyed reading it^^ and please tell me what you think~

Second chapter should be out in by next weekend ^ w ^