Why Didn't You Tell Me?!

I Love You Forever, But Goodbye [Short Story]

Na Eun P.O.V

 

I walked down the stony path through the tall grass towards the secluded little cottage. It was in a rectangular shape and made of white plaster with a stone fireplace on the side and a stone roof. There were a few vines climbing up the walls as well.

 

It was literally in the middle of no where on Jeju. But I didn't mind. I had grown to enjoy the calm and quite. It was certainly more welcoming than the yells and shouts I heard when ever I left the house in Seoul. Outside the house was a small pond with fish swimming around inside. There were wild flowers and plant life all around the house, but it looked cool. It gave the whole setting a fairy tale touch.

 

“Na Eun-ah? Is that you?” A small voice called out.

 

“Neh~” I replied. A small old woman came around the corner and smiled when she saw me.

 

“Ah, Na Eun. It's so nice to see you again.” She reached her hand out. “Come on over. Let your ol' little grandma get a look at you.” I smiled and walked towards her. She took my hand and patted it softly before pulling me in for a hug. It was slightly awkward because my grandma was very much shorter than me.

 

“Halmoni~ It's good to see you again. I didn't think you'd still be here when I arrived.” I pulled away and studied my grandma. She was looking frail so that explained why she was moving to the retirement homes to be watched over.

 

“Well I wasn't just going to leave knowing my granddaughter would be coming. Now come inside. I left some sandwiches on the table for you. Fresh cookies too. The bus will be here soon to pick me up.” Grandma shuffled me into the little cottage and it was just as pretty inside as it was outside. The walls were white and the floor was a light hard wood.

 

Grandma gave me a tour of the cottage which wasn't very long. The bedroom was next to the kitchen. The bathroom was in the bedroom. The dining room/living room was what you entered when you stepped inside. The whole thing was smaller than the apartment I shared with Jiyong. I sat at the table munching on a chocolate chip cookie in silence. Grandma went on about the retirement house but I wasn't paying attention. As I ate the cookie my thoughts drifted off.

 

-1 year earlier-

 

Na Eun rushed around her apartment trying to complete her outfit. She donned a white one shouldered dress and white heels. Her hair was down in waves and her make up was simple but gave off a glow to her face. All those hours watching make up tutorials paid off for her. Na Eun also wore gold earrings dangling from her ears.

 

Her and Jiyong had already been going out for a month, and Na Eun was finally going to meet the other Big Bang members and Yang Hyun Suk himself. She wanted–no, needed this to be perfect. She shuffled around her apartment, her nerves getting the best of her.

 

“I can do this. I can do this,” she chanted to herself. “Everything will be all right.” Suddenly her phone rang. She jumped in surprised and then hurried towards her phone, almost tripping over herself in the process.

 

“Yoboseyo?” Na Eun said.

 

“Na Eun? I'm outside. Come down when you're ready~”

 

“Okay, I'll be down in a second.” With that they hung up and Na Eun took deep breaths before looking in the mirror one final time. Everything was in order and she was ready.

 

-At the restaurant-

 

Jiyong lead Na Eun towards the reserved table. She could see the silhouettes of six awaiting figures. She took a deep breath and Jiyong wrapped his arm around her waist supportively. And before Na Eun knew it she was standing in front of the table bowing to them.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Na Eun imnida,” Na Eun announced with a bow.

 

“Wahh~ She's so cute,” a voice called. “I'm Seungri, it's nice to meet you.” After Seungri's intro the rest of the members introduced themselves.

 

“I'm Youngbae~”

 

“Hello, I'm Daesung!”

 

“I'm Seunghyun.” Na Eun of course, knew all this already, being a huge fan herself, but she nodded politely. And now it was the most important person's time to introduce himself. He stood up and came around the table to shake Na Eun's hand firmly yet gently.

 

“Annyeong, Yang Hyun Suk imnida. Please sit down and we can get to know you better over dinner.” Na Eun smiled and then Jiyong pulled out a chair for her before sitting across from her. The seating arrangements were: Youngbae, Seungri and Na Eun on one side and Seunghyun, Daesung, and Jiyong on the other side. This gave the head of the table to Yang Hyun Suk.

 

“She's even cuter up close,” Seungri said studying Na Eun. She blushed and took a sip of her water. Seungri continued to talk. “You did good hyung, you did good.” He turned to Na Eun again. “How old are you Na Eun?”

 

“I'm 22 years old,” Na Eun replied.

 

“That makes you my noona~ Can I call you that?”

 

“Ah...uh sure..”

 

“Seungri,” Daesung said. “Calm down. You're making Na Eun nervous.”

 

Youngbae leaned forward and smiled. “Sorry about him Na Eun. Seungri can get excited pretty easily.”

 

“Oh, it's okay...”

 

Yang Hyun Suk took this time to speak. “So Na Eun-ssi, tell us about yourself.”

 

And so Na Eun launched into her story. Jiyong had already heard this, but he listened just as interested the first time, though there wasn't anything very interesting at all.

 

“Hmm. I was born in here in Seoul. My mom is a writer for a travel magazine and my father is an airplane pilot, so I don't see them very often. I work in a restaurant nearby my apartment. And I'm currently in college studying art.” It was short, but that's all she had to say.

 

"If you don't see your parents very often, who took care of you?" Daesung asked.

 

"When I was younger a nanny would come by on the weeks they were gone, or sometimes my mom would be home while my dad traveled or vice versa. But when I was in high school, I was able to just stay home alone."

 

They all nodded, taking in the information. After that the seven of them all chatted and the members of Big Bang and Yang Hyun Suk included Na Eun like they've known her for years.

 

-Present Day-

 

Na Eun P.O.V

 

“Na Eun?” I looked up alarmed. Grandma looked at me concerned. “Ah~ There you are. Are you okay?”

 

“I'm fine,” I replied with a small smile.

 

“I know you're not fine. You're too quiet to be my granddaughter. The Na Eun I knew was always talking up a storm.”

 

That Na Eun probably won't come back, I thought sadly. “Honesty,” I said out loud. “I'm fine. Just tired.” Grandma studied me before reaching over and patting my hand.

 

“Well. I was trying to say that the bus is here. Be a dear, and help me with my suitcase.” I nodded and grabbed her case as I followed her outside.

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

“She's gone,” I said quietly.

 

“What?” Youngbae asked. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes.” I replied. “I've called and texted her multiple times. I've even driven to all her favorite places. But nothing. Just this stupid note she left on her pillow.” I threw the paper down on the table in front of me.

 

“Ji...I'm sure she'll turn up soon,” Daesung said softly.

 

“No!” I exclaimed. “Didn't you hear me?! She's gone!!” The guys flinched at my tone. They always did say they were scared when I was angry. I took a deep breath and plopped down in a chair next to them. Seungri patted my shoulder.

 

“We'll find her,” he said to me. “She couldn't have gone far.”

 

“Have you tried her parents?” Seunghyun asked.

 

I shook my head. “They're both out of the country right now. I don't know any way too reach them.”

 

“Don't worry,” Youngbae said. “We'll help you find her.” I met all of their sincere gazes before nodding.

 

-At Home-

 

The apartment was lonely without Na Eun. Boring and empty could also describe the atmosphere in the room. I sighed and leaned my head back against the couch. It was coming close to the late afternoon. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. With a sigh, I pushed up off the couch and went over to the door. Before I opened it I looked through the peep hole and was slightly surprised to see the mail man.

 

I opened the door and forced a polite smile. “Annyeong.”

 

“Hello Jiyong, is Na Eun here?” I pursed my lips and shook my head. The mail man looked confused. “Oh...well could you give her all these letters when she comes by?” He handed me a large stack of letters tied together with a string.

 

“Sure..but we don't usually get mail on these days.”

 

“Yeah..but Na Eun requested that we keep all these letters till the end of the week. I gotta get going. See you later Jiyong.” Before I could say anything he scurried off leaving me with the large stack of mail. I closed the door with a frown and then walked over to the table. I set the stack down and sat in front of it. Should I open it? Well, its not like she's gonna come rushing in to claim them. But it's still not right...

 

Opening one wouldn't hurt, would it? I pulled one letter from the stack and frowned as I looked at it. No return address, just our address, and a stamp. I untied the string and noticed all the envelopes were like this. I slit open the top and pulled out the letter.

 

Yah! We told you to leave Jiyong oppa alone! Is it that hard to understand?! He doesn't need you to pull down his career. You're just in the way all the time. And because of you Jiyong doesn't care enough for his fans!!

 

Just go die! V.I.Ps all hate you!!

 

Angry flowed through me as I crumpled the letter and threw it across the room. I ran my hands through my hair and took a deep breath.

 

Kim Na Eun, why didn't you tell me?!


Hello~ Sorry for not updating in a long time...

I was really busy with finals and projects.

 

But now I'm on summer vacation soI'll try and update more^^

Feel free to leave any comments~

 

And sorry for any mistakes..