What is going on?!

I Love You Forever, But Goodbye [Short Story]

Na Eun P.O.V

 

My phone buzzed to life and I sighed as I tossed it to the other side of the couch. Ever since I got home, Youngbae has been texting me non-stop. I thought he understood that I was trying to ignore them, not spend more time with them. My phone buzzed again. I really need to change my number.

 

With another sigh, I reached over and opened the messages.

 

-Come to dinner with us tomorrow night.

-We'll promise to leave you alone after that.

-Just one small dinner

-Please?

-We'll be at the restaurant in the hotel we're staying at.

-If you come, wear something nice~!

-Oh! I forgot, we're at the Lotte Hotel~~

-Hope you decide to come ^^~

 

I closed my phone and sat there staring straight forward. I'm not going, I chanted in my head. Not going, not going, not going, I wanna go.

 

I stood up quickly and go to get a glass of water. Not going, not going, Na Eun, you are not going. But I want to go, no I don't! I place the cup down on the counter and buried my face into my hands. I'm an overflowing mixing pot of emotions.

 

I stand up straight and make my way to the computer. Maybe the internet will get my mind off things.

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

All throughout the rest of the day, Youngbae's been acting weird. He'll send a text then watch his phone for a reply. When nothing comes he'll send another text and then wait. This happens a few times before he purses his lips.

 

Maybe I'm being too forward,” he had mumbled at one point.

 

What are you talking about?” I asked. Youngbae looks up at me and looks like he's thinking deeply about something.

 

Oh, it's nothing,” he replied. I had frowned, but let it drop. Around dinner time, his phone buzzed and he hastily opened the message. A bright smile lit his face and he said something along the lines of 'part 1: success!” Seungri, who was sitting next to him, had heard him and leaned over.

 

'I'll try and make it. No promises though',” Seungri read aloud. Youngbae gasped and pulled the phone away from Seungri's sight.

 

Who's that from?” Seungri asked curiously. Daesung and Seunghyun also looked over. I tried to ignore them, but my ears perked, waiting for his answer.

 

It's no one,” Youngbae mumbles.

 

The rest of the guys look unconvinced but shrugged and proceed with their eating.


When we get back to the hotel, Youngbae announces he's going to take a quick shower. The others go about with their own things. I'm on a mission and I need to go about unnoticed.

 

From my bed, I pretend to read a book but I'm really sneaking glances at Youngbae's phone. It's on the nightstand next to mine, just within my grasp. I take a quick peek at the others. Seungri's typing away on his computer, Daesung is engrossed in his book and Seunghyun has his eyes closed ready for sleep.

 

I take this time to reach over and grab Youngbae's phone. I open the text from this mysterious person and frown. There's no name for the contact. This only makes me more suspicious. The conversation is all Youngbae until the mystery person replies at the end.

 

I quickly skim the texts. Whoever it is, Youngbae wants them to meet us for dinner tomorrow. I frown and then freeze when I hear the shower turn off. I quickly observe the phone number of the contact and frown again. It's oddly familiar.

 

I shake the thought away and lock the phone down before setting it back down in it's place. A second later, Youngbae comes walking out, a towel wrapped around his waist. I act as if I'm just about to crawl under the covers.

 

I avoid Youngbae's gaze and turn my back to him. Why is that phone number so familiar?! I hear Youngbae pull on some pants and then crawl into bed. I peek at him over my shoulder and thankfully his back is turned to me.

 

I grab my phone and skim through the contact list. I quickly glance at the numbers of all my friends and family, none matching up to the number Youngbae is texting. So why do I feel like I know that number? Suddenly I freeze. My thumb slowly presses down on the name of this person. I know now why that number is so familiar.

 

It's Na Eun's. And Youngbae is inviting her to our dinner tomorrow.


A/N: Helloo^^ Sorry for such a late update D:

School recently started so I'm behind on all my fanfics OTL

 

This one is way shorter than the others, but I promise the next one will be longer ^^

Sorry if there are any mistakes~