What is Youngbae hiding?

I Love You Forever, But Goodbye [Short Story]

whoo hoo! Another update :D

I had a small writer's block about half way, but I solved it~

 

So now here's the next chapter^^

And there's maybe only about 2 or 3 more chapter left....

 

well, I hope you enjoy this chapter^^

tell me what you all think? :D


Jiyong P.O.V

 

Na Eun and I stood there watching each other. We couldn't move. Na Eun looked scared and confused. I wanted to reach out and pull her close to me. To tell her that whatever was scaring her, I could make it go away. But at the same time I wanted to demand why she left and why she never told me about the hate mail.

 

Na Eun started to shake her head. “I have to go.” She tried to push past me but I grabbed hold of her wrist.

 

“Na Eun...stay...please...” Her back was to me so I couldn't see her face, but when she took in a shaky breath, I knew she was holding back tears.

 

“No. Jiyong, there's no reason for me to stay. You're just gonna have to move on.” Na Eun shook her hand away and straightened up before walking away. She didn't look back once.

 

Na Eun P.O.V

 

Once I got home I slammed the door shut and leaned my back against it. I had bought my groceries and then raced home on my bike. I tried to catch my breath before going into the kitchen. Avoiding the situation by putting the groceries away didn't do anything. The only thing racing through my head was Jiyong's eyes and his hold on my wrist.

 

It still felt warm from his grip. I bit my lip trying to push away the thoughts. I'm over him. I'm done. It's time to move on.

 

I pulled out a glass and poured myself some water before chugging it down. I have to avoid them. I'll just stay in my house until they leave. Problem with that is that I don't know when they leave...

 

I placed the glass down and leaned forward on the counter. I rested my elbows on the hard surface and buried my face in my hands. How did this happen? I've barely settled down and Big Bang has already found me.

 

I took a deep breath and decided I would just ignore them. I wouldn't let them interfere with my new life. I would just keep going with my routine as if nothing was wrong. Starting tomorrow.

 

☼_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ☼_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _☼ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ☼_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

The next day I needed to get out of the house so I quickly got dressed in light wash jeans, black over sized knit sweater with white stars. I pulled on a grey beanie, navy blue keds, and white over the shoulder bag. At the last minute I grabbed my camera before shutting the door behind me. In school Photography was what I was studying. Jiyong used to tease me by saying I would be the next YG photographer. [ outfit ]

 

I shook the thoughts away. No Jiyong related thoughts today. When I reached town, I turned off the main street and made my way to the beach. Once I reached a bike park, I locked my bike and walked down the beach. Every now and then I'd stop to take a picture of the ocean. I had left early in the morning and the sun was still coming up. The beach was empty except for a jogger coming the opposite direction of me and a lone dog walker. I sat down on the beach and snapped a random picture of a small wave hitting the sand. I sighed contently and closed my eyes. The sound of the water was calming.

 

“So it is you.” My eyes snapped open and I looked up to meet Youngbae's eyes. He was the jogger on the beach.

 

I started to scramble up to get away but stopped when Youngbae took a step back. He smiled sheepishly.

 

“Sorry,” he said. “I didn't mean to startle you. Can I sit with you?” I wanted to say no, but some how ended up nodding instead. Youngbae sat down in the sand next to me. “I'm glad that you still like photography even after dropping out.”

 

It was no surprise that Youngbae knew I dropped out. I figured the school would be one of the places where Jiyong would search for me. It was also obvious he'd either bring the Big Bang members with him and/or share his finds.

 

“Can I see the photos you've taken so far?” Youngbae looked at me curiously. I nodded and handed him the camera. He looked through the photos in awe. I didn't think I was all that good, but others had told me otherwise. Youngbae smiled fondly at one of the photos, and I leaned in to see which one it was.

 

It was a photo I took with Jiyong when we had just started to date. Jiyong was over at my place and had found my camera. I told him about my studies and he just about begged me to take couple photos with him. We ended up taking multiple photos together. This particular one was of me puffy up one cheek as Jiyong kissed it.

 

I took the camera from him and turned it off. “How did you guys find me?”

 

“Coincidence.” Youngbae said pursing his lips. “YG gave us a vacation. We didn't know you were here until yesterday. Sorry about that, by the way. I just wanted to talk, but I came off a little forward.”

 

I shook my head. “It's fine.”

 

We sat in silence for a while before Youngbae got up. He offered me his hand, and I hesitantly took it. We both brushed off the sand on ourselves before I started to walk away.

 

“Wait, Na Eun. Could we talk? Please. You could show me around town or something?”

 

“I don't even know the town that well.”

 

“Then we can both wander around like lost tourists,” Youngbae smiled. I took a deep breath.

 

“Okay.” What was I getting myself into?

 

 

Youngbae had insisted that we go back to his hotel so that he could change. He left before all the members woke up and was sure they'd all still be asleep. Either way I decided to stay across the street. A couple minutes later, Youngbae came out in jeans, a graphic tee and one of his signature caps. We went through town, me on my bike and him walking beside me.

 

We wandered around mindlessly, pointing out a few interesting things. As the morning went on more and more people came out and started their days. Youngbae's phone rang nonstop about 30 minutes after we left the hotel, but after checking the caller ID, he'd ignore the call every time. I grew curious but decided to drop it.

 

Youngbae and I had seated ourselves on a park bench and sat quietly. I had barely spoke throughout the morning and I kind of wanted to keep it that way.

 

“You've changed a lot in a month,” Youngbae said finally. “You used to be so lively.”

 

“And now I'm dull?” I asked, it was kind of hard to keep the hard tone out of my voice.

 

“Yeah.” Youngbae said matter-of-factly. I scoffed. “Listen, Na Eun. I don't know the full story on why you left, but I know whatever the reason, it's changed you.”

 

I stayed silent.

 

“But maybe, if you told someone, we could work it out..?” I shook my head.

 

“There's nothing to work out. I left and that's all there is to it. I make my own choices, and my choice was to leave.”

 

“And I respect that, but—“

 

“There are no buts Youngbae. I want to stay here.” Youngbae pursed his lips and sighed, but nodded. “I have to go,” I said standing up.

 

“Already?”

 

I nodded. “I came here to get away from my past. And hanging out with you isn't really helping me.” We both frowned at that statement. “Sorry, that was kind of harsh..but you understand right?”

 

Youngbae nodded. I hopped onto my bike and gave Youngbae one last look before riding off.

 

Jiyong P.O.V

 

We all woke up to find Youngbae gone. I pulled out my phone and called him but got his voicemail. I tried again and again and eventually the other members joined in.

 

“Aish, where is he?” I muttered. After about an hour, the hotel room opened. Youngbae walked in and plopped down on his bed.

 

“Hyung,” Daesung exclaimed. “Where we you? We've been calling you nonstop.”

 

“Sorry, I woke up way before you guys. I didn't want to wake you all up so I left to wander by myself.”

 

“Why didn't you answer our phone calls?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“I was in a quiet neighborhood and a majority of the people were still asleep.”

 

I frowned, Youngbae usually never lied, but I didn't believe him one bit. But before I could ask what he was really doing, he spoke again.

 

Now let's go get some breakfast and then go swimming!” Everyone exclaimed in agreement. I stayed where I was seated until I met Youngbae's eyes. He gave me a casual smile before grabbing his swim trunks to go change.

 

He was definitely hiding something.