Enemies or Friends?

Elektrik Heart

 

Himchan walked with Nana to where he had in mind for them to go.  Though the entire way there was spent in silence.  ‘Come on Himchan!  Say something to her!  Make it at least a little less awkward!  You can talk to her even though she’s,’ the last part didn’t seem to stay in his head, “beautiful.”

Nana instantly snapped her attention to Himchan, “What’d you say?”

Realizing quickly that it didn’t stay all in his head he didn’t make eye contact, “N-nothing.  I didn’t say anything,” he stammered out.  Mentally cursing himself he opened the cafe door for Nana and walked in behind her.  Closing his umbrella at the door he almost instantly noticed who else was there as well.

“Come on,” Nana told him as she motioned for him to find a seat with her.

Not taking his eyes off of who he saw he followed her as they sat down.  Himchan couldn’t concentrate until he went over and talked to them so he excused himself, “Hey I will be right back okay?  You can order first I’ll get something when I come back.”

“Okay?”  Nana watched as he got up and walked away.

Spying his friend Himchan went directly over to him and whoever he was sitting with, “Jongup!”  He called out to his friend when he was only a few feet away.

“Oh Himchan?”  Jongup seemed confused as to why his friend would just so happen to be there at the same time.

“I’ll be right back,” the young female Earthian that he was sitting with got up and headed off towards the restrooms.

Himchan took the Earthians seat for a second after they had lost sight of her, “Who was that and what are you doing here?”

Jongup had a triumphant smile on his face, “I got a female Earthian.”

Hearing this Himchan rolled his eyes, “Yes I see that you got an Earthian, but why are you here?”

“Isn’t obvious,” Jongup gave his friend a quizzical look, “I’m on a date.  Why are you here?”

Himchan just rolled his eyes annoyed and leaned back in the chair, “I’m on a date too.  I saved a female Earthian from some males that were bothering her,” he pointed in Nana’s direction as she stared out the window watching the rain, and while taking a sip of whatever warm drink that she had ordered.

“Well then why are you bothering my date and I?  Honestly, shouldn’t you be tending to your date instead?”  Jongup too leaned back and took a sip of his drink.

“Whatever,” Himchan just rolled his eyes once more and got up to head back to Nana.  Walking back he noticed that Nana was practically watching his every move.  Taking his seat he told her, “Sorry I saw a friend over there and I had to go ask him something really quick.”

Nana just shrugged and told him, “It’s alright.  I just went ahead and ordered like you told me to.”

After Himchan had ordered his drink the two began to chat casually.  Of course Nana didn’t answer most of his questions since they had not covered what it was that they were going to tell everyone just yet.  They needed back stories just like B.A.P. had.  Families, friends, pasts, everything needed to be created for them to actually be believable Earthians.

“You don’t tell people about yourself much do you?”  Himchan asked.

Shaking her head Nana finished the last of her drink.  Looking around she noticed that most of the people that were there before had cleared out and that the rain had calmed down quite a bit from its pouring state earlier.  “Do you know by chance how long we have been here?”

Himchan looked at his watch, “Um I would say,” his eyes widened at the sight of the time.  Laughing to himself he looked back up at her, “We’ve been here for a few hours now.”

Shocked herself Nana smiled.  She had never really gotten along this well with a guy before to talk this long.  Sure she hadn’t said much about herself but Himchan had told her a lot, and even some funny stories that made them laugh together.  “You know,” she spoke up still smiling at Himchan, “this was fun and I wouldn’t really mind doing it again.”  For a moment there Nana had completely forgotten that he was the target, the enemy.



Jongup and Mika also seemed to have fun together.  They had stayed just about as long as Himchan and Nana did.  Sadly things had to be cut short for the two sooner than Nana and Himchan.  Right in the middle of their conversation Mika heard her watch beep and a transmission begin.

“Mika!  You there?”  It was Mae, “Either way I got my transmitter up and working again. I’m sending out-,” Mika cut the transmission short.

“What was that?”  Jongup asked confused and slightly amused.

Looking over at Jongup she remembered what Nana seemed to forget.  Jongup wasn’t supposed to be her friend.  He was the enemy that they were after.  Getting up she told him, “I’m sorry I have to go.”

Jongup stood as she left but caught her by her arm, “Wait!  Please, will I ever see you again?”

Mika just shook her head and told him, “I don’t know,” and with that she left Jongup standing there in the middle of the cafe.

Walking outside she called Mae back and quickly came up with a lie, “Sorry I was in the middle of scouting out the guys.”

Mae just scowled at her, “Well whatever the reason don’t do it again!  I’m sending you my coordinates now.  Meet me here,” and with that the transmission ended.  Taking a look at the coordinates Mae had sent her Mika saw that she wasn’t that far away from where she currently was.  Making her way through the crowd Mika went to try and find her leader.



“Yeah we definitely can!”  Himchan exclaimed excitedly.

“Great,” Nana smiled at him even more, and completely missed her friend walking out the door.  Although what she didn’t miss was another two walking and talking down the street together sharing an umbrella.  Getting up abruptly she excused herself, “I’m sorry I have to go.”

With that she left Himchan just sitting there dumbfounded.  Watching her walk out the door he never got to establish when they should meet again.  Sighing to himself he saw Jongup just standing there.  Figuring his friend had just about as much bad luck as he had Himchan got up and walked over to his friend.

Back outside Nana lost sight of who she was after.  Running through the crowd she tried to see if she couldn’t catch up to them and find them, but there was no sign of who she was chasing.  Leaning against the wall of a shop he tried to catch her breath.

“Nana?”  A familiar voice rang out.

Looking up she saw who it was, “Mae!  Mika!  I saw Eris with the robot that Youngguk stole!”