Jumpstart!

Elektrik Heart

Once word had reached of B.A.P.’s touch down on earth the Special Intergalactic Forces sent out the very best to retrieve B.A.P. and bring back the robot design which was stolen.  “So are you guys clear on the mission?”  Mae asked the rest of the group.  “We find B.A.P. and bring them and my robot Zelo back.”  Mika and Nana nodded to show they understood.  “Wait where did Eris disappear off to?”

Everyone began looking around for the other robot that Mae had designed.  She wasn’t anywhere to be found.  “Great,” Mae groaned.  “Last thing we need is her wandering off and getting lost.  Especially on Earth.  Then that good-for-nothing, thieving, jerk could steal her just like he stole Zelo.”

“Should we go look for her?”  Nana suggested.  Standing the young girl was taller than her leader but only a few months younger.  Mae hated being reminded that she was one of the shorter people in the squad, in fact it was one of her many pet peeves.  Although for these four it didn’t matter much.  Mainly since they had been put in the same squad together, and worked as many cases as they did they, they became close friends.

“Ugh!  But that requires effort!”  Mika complained still laying on the couch of the port waiting to get this mission over with.

Mika had always been a little apathetic about her work, but she always got it done with the help of her comrades.  Either way she didn’t do much other than try to keep Eris in check--although her attempts usually failed because Eris would only really ever listen to Mae.

“Quit whining Mika!  We have to have Eris for this mission, she’s going to be the one to help us track down where B.A.P. landed on Earth.  She is practically the center of this mission this time,” Mae said trying to pull her friend up from the couch but with no results she soon gave up.

After Mae had left her alone and went back to talk with Nana on where they should look for Eris Mika sat up and looks out the porthole and spotted her.  There she was just sitting in the vastness of space looking out at the stars that glimmered and glittered in the sky.  Getting up and walking out of the room no one noticed she was gone until they had turned around.

“Mika?”  Nana asked to the empty spot where they had left her.



“Eris?”  Mika asked as she joined her friend after putting on the required equipment for walking out into space.

Eris turned to face her friend.  Her red hair swayed in the slight, and very rare breeze, in the open space.  “Mika shouldn’t you and the others be getting ready to leave?”

“We’re waiting on you now.”

Mika sat down next to Eris on edge of the platform.  Because they were obviously aliens like B.A.P. they didn’t need as much protection from the cold reaches of space, but they still needed some.  It was dangerous for anyone or anything, unless you were like Eris or Zelo, to be exposed.  The suit didn’t hinder Mika’s movement whatsoever as she moved around.  “Really?”

“Yeah, now tell me what’s bothering you.  I know you probably just as well as Mae, and she created you!”  Mika laughed a little.  “Eris I know you only come out here when you’re “troubled” by something.  I mean you are a robot you can’t actually feel, but since Mae programed you as only the best you have some slight response to emotions.”

“Why should I tell you?”  Eris snapped back and turned to face the other direction, turning her back to Mika.

Mika certainly not happy with Eris always being so cold to everyone but Mae, she got up in a huff and walked back inside.  While taking off her suit the other two ran past her still looking for Eris.  “What are you doing?”  Mae asked upset thinking that she wasn’t really doing anything to help find Eris.

“Don’t worry,” Mika swiftly walked past the two.  Shoving the suit in Mae’s direction she shouted behind her shoulder as she continued to walk back to the port, “Eris is outside.  You go get her she won’t listen to anyone else.”

And with that she disappeared around the corner.  Mae went and looked out the small port window to see her robot and friend sitting outside.  Her knees were pulled in close her to chest, and the expression on her face showed some sort of depression or uneasiness.  “I’ll go talk to her, and Nana you go back and make sure Mika doesn’t do anything stupid okay?”

Nana nodded and went to go find where Mika went.  Mae prepped and put on the suit to walk outside, but just as she opened the door Eris looked up to see her.  At the sight of her creator, leader, and friend she stood up and walked back inside without even giving Mae a chance to speak.

“If you guys are ready I’m ready.”  And with that they walked back to the port to find Mika and Nana fighting over something.  Eris went over and plucked whatever it was out of their grasp and brought it over to Mae.  “Laser Blaster 3000,” she told said as she handed it over.

“Hey!”  Mika cried out, “that was mine!”

“No it was mine!”  Nana shouted.

Mae gave it back to Eris and told them, “I don’t care whose it is, we don’t need it right now for this mission.  We got everything we need already.  Eris take that back to where it belongs and then we’ll be off.”

“Right.”  Eris took the gun and headed out to go put it back in the weapons room.  And upon her return she got back into the port to find Mae, Nana, and Mika huddled around the Earth computer.  “What’s all this about?”

“Shh,” Mika hushed her.  She was sitting in the big main chair staring intently at the screen.

“Ah Eris you’re back,” Mae motioned for her to come over.  “It appears that our targets have taken the form of a boy band.  They still go under the name B.A.P. but it appears that they have used my plans to create Zelo.  But Bang Yongguk used an inferior update system so he isn’t up to your standards of programing.”

Taking a look at the screen Eris could automatically pick out which one Zelo was.  There was something about him that made her wiring go a little haywire.  Brushing it off she understood the current objective and was ready to go.  “Wait!  Before we go, I have one more thing I think we need to do.”  Mae told them all.

Mika was not happy with this news at all, “Argh!  What now?  Can’t we just go capture them or zap them?”

She shook her head, “No we need to become a group just like them to get even remotely close.  We need a name for starters.”

Everyone stopped to think for a second when Nana spoke out the first thing that came to mind, “Elektrik Heart!”

“That’s it,” Mae jumped up happily.

“Alright,” Eris added, “Elektrik Heart Jumpstart!”  Everyone seemed to respond well to the idea--well except Mika was her usual apathetic self.  And with that final idea they were off to go catch B.A.P., and to get back Zelo.